2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

I believe I have stumbled upon genius....Hogans big secret!

[color=#282828][size=4]I remember my first good shot.[/size][/color]

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-650 8.5[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Fubuki alpha 73s, D4[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB5 16.5[/font]° - Kai'li 73s, D5[/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB2 21[/font]° - Fubuki tour 73s, D6
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-32 4-P [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D6 - D9[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-T 51.07[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D9.5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist SM 56.08[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]E0[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sonartec t35 60.09[/font][/size][size=2]° [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]- PX 5.5 E0.5[/size][/font]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CAN'T PUTT WITH ANYTHING[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bridgestone B330 RX[/font][/size]

[quote name='Forewood' timestamp='1400788153' post='9348841']
Lol some of you are ....just simple. I never said I found the "secret" look at me look at me who wants to know...owell I'm not telling! I actually said I'm a humble amateur golfer who stumbled upon something and the light bulb clicked on. I gave the forum a chance to start an open discussion about what they believe was his key to hitting it straight everytime with no chance of a hook.

I have replied to every email and passing on the info with pleasure. [size=5][color=#ff0000][b]But I'm not going to sit here and spend the next 30 mins typing a novel on my iPhone[/b][/color][/size] explaining the move when I'm obligated to respond to simpletons that have no critical information to add themselves only childish banter. Like I said I have nothing to gain. I'm not writing a book on the golf swing nor do I have a YouTube channel to promote. I just wanted to pass the info along and hopefully at least one person can benefit from it.

It's actually very easy to execute and execute time and time again without fail. It's nothing complicated and I bet every person will agree it's very easy to reproduce and would be shocked from the results. To be honest I'm not even a technical golfer. I depend on feel and sound not positions. But as I found out putting yourself in the correct position you can feel EVERYTHING.

Now with all that said if you want to email me I'll be more than happy to share what I've learned. Am I a swing guru? Hell no? Am I a hack that just figured out some fundamentals?? No I'm not. I'm a seasoned golfer who has fought a hook his whole life and finally figured out what hogan was doing in his swing and it clicked! Lol some of you guys have insecurity issues or something.

I'll say it one more time for those people with their average scores higher than their IQ.....

I'm not a pro or a swing guru trying to play games on the internet. I'm one of those guys at your club on the back range hitting 300 golf balls everyday and I discovered some profound stuff regarding ball striking. You can choose to
Absorb it and decide if it works for you, or you can act like children and push people like me away and will never return with anymore insight. Or even worse you can pay $75 an hour for lessons and get nothing out of it.

Here's my email [email protected]

Here's some free advice to some of you, if you live in a box and assume everyone is full of ahit and out to hurt you, you will never grow. In life or with your golf game. Ya know I used to hate asparagus until someone told me they were good....go figure I like asparagus now....
[/quote]

I see...

[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1400788553' post='9348869']
Epic troll thread.
[/quote]

never read 'the lower body lie' did ya?

this is childs-play compared to that. OP only has 2 screen names so far that i can see, our boy cary schoen had at least 4... and at one point had them arguing amongst each other. one was a 'girl' that was a college student. i'm not kidding.

don't bother searching, it's been deleted.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

You left everyone in the dark with your first post, and when the skeptical replies came, you started by calling everyone ignorant. If you had just passed your knowledge on, you could have made some friends. There are so many swing thoughts, I would imagine, that the "hacks" would probably like some proof. Until then, you have about as much credability as the Nigerian prince that wants to share his fortune with me.

I wonder what numbers Hogan would of had on Trackman. You think 0 club path 0 face angle and maybe like a -2 or -3 on angle of attack?

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Ohh I reached out. I created a user name and started a topic. If this was the "real" world I wouldn't give a gift to someone who spits in my face.

Again I don't need anyone's approval or credibility. It works and it's been proven at deercreek country club in Jacksonville, fl. If you really want to know look on the SITD forum. They are more receptive and I explained it with specific detail with vids soon to come.

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1400789378' post='9348955']
[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1400788553' post='9348869']
Epic troll thread.
[/quote]

never read 'the lower body lie' did ya?

this is childs-play compared to that. OP only has 2 screen names so far that i can see, our boy cary schoen had at least 4... and at one point had them arguing amongst each other. one was a 'girl' that was a college student. i'm not kidding.

don't bother searching, it's been deleted.
[/quote]That's amazing, LMAO

I only have one and I screwed that one up, lol, and it took a mod to help me get back in.

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss ;)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

http://secretinthedirt.com/index.php/forum/11-secret-in-the-dirt-general-discussion/61073-i-believe-i-have-stumbled-onto-genius

In case anyone is interested, pretty much the same reactions from the crowd over there, but OP posted his "secret" anyway.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

I've been around a lot of athletes up to the minor league and mini tour level. I played golf with mini tour players, I have played hockey with minor league players. I have played basketball with college players. Not one guy told me how good he was. In my experience, when someone tells everyone how good they are, they usually are not nearly as good as they think they are. Guys like that are usually BS artists of the first degree. I would suggest logging off the computer before your Mommy gets home.

from SITD Forum

"Ok, sorry I didn't intend on leaving everyone hanging...ok here we go.

I'm 30 years old and didn't get into the game until I was 23. My background is mainly full of baseball/football experience growing up but mainly baseball. What I am with golf now, I was with baseball as a kid. Well I've heard a ton of ignorant comments made by teaching professionals on a local and national level trying to get their point across using baseball as a reference, all of which are wrong and were obviously made by someone who knows nothing about hitting a baseball. If anything hitting a baseball is exactly opposite of hitting a golf ball and it would drive me crazy hearing these professionals spread incorrect information to the masses....well there actually is a connection. But it's not with hitting a baseball, it's with throwing a baseball.....it wouldn't surprise me one bit if hogan himself was a big fan of the game!

I wish I could make a video instead of the text, it will be easier to describe as well as digest...but Owell I'll try my best anyway.

When you're a little kid getting into the game of baseball one of the crucial fundamentals they teach you before anything else is how to correctly throw a baseball dead straight with tight under spin. After practicing the technique mixed with muscle development anyone can throw a baseball on a cloth line as hard as they want too without the ball curving left or right. It may go up and down but if done correctly the baseball will have direct under spin and the ball is never going to be allowed to leave the other players glove from the moment it leaves your hand....this is from 10 feet or 100 feet. The ball will never leave it's line if done correctly. If you've ever watched a Major League Baseball game you've seen those outfielders throw a guy out at 3rd base or home plate you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Well my friends that's the first step to the secret. If it's possible to throw a baseball on a frozen rope as hard as you want and the ball will never curve left or right then it has to be possible to do the same with a Golf ball. If anything it should be easier cause we get to use a club as a tool and a baseball player only has his shoulder/wrist/and arm to get the same result. This is step one. And the key is to understand how the release of a baseball actually works. The release of the golf club is the same damn move!!!!!!

Now again without video this is very difficult to describe. So please forgive my long drawn out posting...

When you release a baseball they tell you never EVER twist your wrist or hand, you will lose power and direction immediately. You add a side spin to the ball which could do several things to the ball, none of which are straight with tight under spin. Keep that in mind for a moment.

Hogan always talked about the legs being important in his swing...he wasn't lying, they are the motor of his delivery just like a baseball pitcher. Find a video of a MLB pitcher who doesn't use their legs....don't waste your time cause you won't. That's a crucial part of hogans ball striking as well. But hogans secret wasn't his legs and wasn't directly his release, but he could not set up his golf swing for "anti-left" if he did not have deliberate and specific leg action and hand/wrist release of the golf club. Hogan never flipped or twisted his wrists. They always remained on the plane and ALWAYS release UP never left or right! That part is very very very important!

So then I started thinking about how a submarine pitcher releases the ball from such a low and right position and did not throw the ball wildly every time. For those that don't know, a submarine pitcher in baseball is a specialty thing that you don't see a lot anymore. It's a low and right delivery meant to confuse the batter cause 9/10 pitcher use a overhand/over the top delivery and the ball comes out high from the pitchers release.

Now this is the part that is hard to describe without having a video to show you while I'm describing what I see/found.

I want anyone interested in watching what I'm describing to YouTube Chad Bradford. He was a successful major league "sub" pitcher and was also featured in the movie "money ball." Now watch his delivery in slow motion. There's a couple of things I want to point out. One of which is his leg drive. Now pitchers esp sub pitchers will fall off to the right and that's mainly cause of the force they get from pushing towards the plate and releasing from the right side(for right handed pitchers. Lefties will fall left). They have a great stride and lateral movement to generate speed...well this could be misleading cause they can push as far as they want forward and don't have to worry about making a circular turn..hogan did have a lateral move but I think that move has confused a lot of people. His lateral move was maybe an inch or two. He had to release his hips HARD to the left way before the right hand even thought about releasing the club. If he did not do this he could not hit the ball he way he wanted....never left!

So when you're observing Bradford motion I want you to watch him dip his upper body down and as he plants his lead foot he turns his hips has hard as he can left before his upper body or arm/hand release the ball. Ladies and gentlemen we are looking at the fundamentals of hogans move.

Now I want you to notice one last thing and this is by far the most important part.....when a sub guy releases the ball his arm has to go left...that's where his hips and shoulders go so his arm must follow. You will never see a submarine pitcher throw a wild pitch to the left. Now he can manipulate the spin of he ball but if he used a conventional fastball release his pitch will start left and slightly move right every single time without fail.

The momentum of his lateral move at the plate mixed with his body turning left and his weight moving right he will always throw the ball with a slight movement to the right. Never left!!!! As a result submarine pitchers are known to be very accurate but lack elite speed. Hogan def had power but I don't think anyone would argue he was more accurate than powerful....is this starting to make any sense???

Now continue to watch Bradford actual lag and release of the ball....pause it at the moment just before the ball leaves his hand then do a side by side of hogan at impact....see anything that looks similar??? wink.png

Now recap:

Chad Bradford moves towards home plate, turns his hips and shoulders hard left and releases he ball low and right while his arm is actually swing across his body to the left. The mixture of left movement and his body weight falling right make the ball go straight with a bias to follow his weight and move slightly to the right.

Hogan would move towards the target releasing his hips and shoulders hard to the left and use his club head the same as Bradford would use his body weight falling right to keep the pitch from going left and in turn keep the golf ball from going left. It's the same damn thing!!!!!

The glue though is the release. Your wrist can not twist or break to the left or the right. The wrist must follow the plane of the swing and actually release upwards not left!

Anyone who has a background in baseball will understand this very quickly. It might take a moment for those of you who did not play baseball. I could describe it so much easier if I filmed a video of what I'm talking about. But it's hook proof and I believe I have stumbled upon exactly what hogan was doing. Every single submarine pitcher in baseball has naturally adapted hogans move and probably has no idea who hogan is.

Now with all that being said, this will only work assuming you have other key fundamentals in place like stance/posture/spine angle ect, but if you do and you release UP not twist and mimic Bradford's release you will see what I'm talking about.

Hogans secret wasn't in the dirt...but it was a clue. He has about 100 clues. But having a divot squared (like a dollar bill) without any toe drag and pointing to the left of the target is key. That's what I think he meant by the secret being in the dirt. If you have a divot that looks any different, then something was not executed correctly. But the actual secret is moving the release up and the body left with the club face remaining at the target will always produce a golf shot with direct underspin with a bias to fall to the right. IT WILL NEVER MOVE LEFT!!! You can release your right hand vertically as hard as you want and the spin will not change. It will be direct under spin. Side spin comes from releasing the hands incorrectly or having an incorrect swing path.

Does that make any sense to anyone? I hope so cause I can now use my right hand with power and no fear of a hook. I know exactly what hogan meant by 3 right hands. Hell I feel like I have 4 of them!!

If anyone would like me to make a video and make it easier to understand I will post it as well.

Again please don't think I'm on a mission to solved the hogan riddle, cause I'm not, I'm just sick of hitting hooks and used my baseball experience to achieve what feels like the perfect release in a golf swing. I hope this clicks with someone else and helps you hit the ball flush every single time.

Thank you again mike and elk for connecting so many dots to get me in a position to achieve what I believe is the only way the golf club should be released and delivered to the golf ball at impact.

If you have any questions or if I can describe something in more detail please don't be afraid to ask."

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Michael, there are more than 170,000 members of GolfWRX some which are excellent instructors and excellent golfers.

It would be interesting to hear their views of your discovery, if you cared to share your knowledge. However, if you're going to be offended by what a very, very, very small percentage of the membership has to say, perhaps the Internet is not the place for you. :-)

In any case, good luck with your golf game. :-)

I'm going to give it a try as I've recently started throwing in a lot of hooks as over compensation for a few months of slicing. It's an interesting idea. Quite why you had to be such a winkle about posting it is a mystery though as the reply you got on the SITD forum weren't exactly dissimilar to those on here.

Michael, you mentioned in your SITD thread about posting a swing video. Did you ever post that video, or do you have one that you could post?

Thanks Much-

My Best,
Richard

Later Ed, 05/22/14, 5:55pm-> I apologize for not seeing your post that said "specific detail with vids soon to come." RP II

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

First, I want to thank Michael for taking the time to answer my e-mail. Bro, I appreciate the effort!

Had Michael not responded or if I deemed it a bullish*t response, I would not have laid it out here. That's not my style. However, I can tell by Michael's words and tone that he is sincere, genuine, excited and wholeheartedly believes in what he is posting about. I'm betting Michael, that you're younger, say, early 30's or younger. And I don't say that negatively Bro. Your excitement and enthusiasm is great!

It's just that I believe that many are cynical and skeptical when someone that they do not know comes on strong and definitively regarding a subject. Though I snapped at Nova for his initial post to you, his follow up post rang of credibility, at least with me. Most times when someone comes on with the be-all, end-all solution, well, most of they or their solution(s) are full of sh*t. Nova made an accurate statement.

However, I believe you, or I guess a better phrasing would be that I believe that you are sincere. Regarding any "secret," seriously, who the hell knows, as I think in your exhuberance, you came on strong, and i dont believe that you were being a d*ck in asking what we thought was the secret, cuz hell, I gave you a sincere answer as to my thoughts, though I believe thst some took you the other way, and if you look at this through their eyes, I hope that you can see their views, other than to say, "they can't think out of the box," because Michael, I know these guys a little bit, and they're good guys, they hold you to no different a standard than they do me, Sean or any one other member in here, and most can "think outside of the box," at least the ones that I went back and read their posts.

And make no mistake Michael, we have some morons on the board, just like you have at "SITD," though we have far more good, decent, sincere guys, many of whom posted here today. I understand you taking the heat, because you had a lot of guys coming at you.

I believe that you handled yourself admirably. Sure, you got a little defensive, though that'll happen when you believe that someone is being offensive. However the one thing that I really hope that you don't do is to "take your toys and go home." You came on here, made a bold statement, responded in a manner that some would say was evasive or to be kinder, coy, lol, and they held your feet to the fire.

As I said earlier, as a +3, you've got to be used to being on top one day, "owning it" if you will, and then a day later, having it turned upside down, nothing flies right, nothing falls, and its like a kick in the n*ts.

Do you walk away?

Do you quit?

Of course not.

You get your sh*t together mentally and you show up the next day, a clean slate, ready to throw darts and sink putts.

That's what a scratch/Plus Player does.

And that's what I hope that you do!

Stick around. Answer the questions, and when you get a video put together of your discovery, post it here.

Don't walk away. This is a bigger pond than SITD, with bigger fish, but Bro, you picked the pond, so you gotta deal with the fish.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my e-mail :)

I wish you the very best with your discovery, your game and your season.

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

I'm a positive kind of Daddy so I'll stay that way. I think I've uncovered the 'secet'.

I think Forewood may actually be Tiger Woods. If I'm correct (and even if I'm the village idiot) I hope that he is healing well, beating balls, and has discovered the 'secret' yet again. I miss the day's when Tiger did not have to yell 'Fore' numerous times during a round.

Tiger I'm happy that you and Elin have a positive relationship and that she admits that you are a loving father to your two beautiful children.

In truth, I wouldn't share the 'secret' either with these cretins. Have you read the Tour Talk Forums? Ouch.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1400810169' post='9351141'][quote name='Binary' timestamp='1400807733' post='9350855']
[b]Forged4ever[/b], you are far too kind of a soul. I respect this s### out of you.
[/quote]

Oh, I'm fairly confident that Richard is the nicest man on the entire website.[/quote]

Him and Sean are a very close 1,2. Let's just got with T1. No need for a play off or this place could turn into a love feat.

[quote name='Binary' timestamp='1400810287' post='9351155']
[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1400810169' post='9351141'][quote name='Binary' timestamp='1400807733' post='9350855']
[b]Forged4ever[/b], you are far too kind of a soul. I respect this s### out of you.
[/quote]

Oh, I'm fairly confident that Richard is the nicest man on the entire website.[/quote]

Him and Sean are a very close 1,2. Let's just got with T1. No need for a play off or this place could turn into a love feat.
[/quote]

Yup...good, genuine people can be a breath of fresh air sometimes

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7