"You should feel a sense of heaviness in your buttocks."

bscinstnct ·  
bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  28889WRX Points: 5,701Posts: 28,889 Titanium Tees
And<br />
<br />
"Your weight should be a bit more on the heels than on the balls of your feet, so that, if you wanted to, you would be able to lift your toes inside your shoes. "<br />
<br />
<br />
Thank you, Mr. Hogan. Key fundamentals that I sometimes forget. <br />
<br />
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1132520/3/index.htm <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Posted:

Comments

• JobuJobu Members  1147WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,147 Platinum Tees
    He also said the knees work towards each other. Hogan wasn't right about everything, and being on your heels is one of them.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  28889WRX Points: 5,701Posts: 28,889 Titanium Tees
    He didn't say you shoul be on your heels.<br />
    <br />
    He is talking about being balanced.<br />
    <br />
    Read the link.
    Posted:
  • limcaucolimcauco Members  223WRX Points: 0Posts: 223
    Jobu wrote:
    <br />
    He also said the knees work towards each other. Hogan wasn't right about everything, and being on your heels is one of them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Why?
    Posted:
  • JobuJobu Members  1147WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,147 Platinum Tees
    limcauco wrote:
    <br />
    Jobu wrote:
    <br />
    He also said the knees work towards each other. Hogan wasn't right about everything, and being on your heels is one of them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Why?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    All golfers should set up where they feel balanced and ready for action. If that means on the toes for someone then that's where they should be.
    Posted:
    Jobu wrote:
    <br />
    limcauco wrote:
    <br />
    Jobu wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Why?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    All golfers should set up where they feel balanced and ready for action. If that means on the toes for someone then that's where they should be.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I think we should setup where we will feel balanced on TOP of backswing. It's hard to balance on TOP if weight is more on toes. <br />
    <br />
    Try going to top, and see where the weight should be. If toes, you would always fall immediately. If heels, you can stay on top more, meaning there's balance. If ever you'll fall, you'll fall towards the target, not towards target line.
    Posted:
    So I think Hogan is correct there in his book five lessons.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • lonestar48lonestar48 Members  189WRX Points: 0Posts: 189
    I concur with the thread title. My best days are when I feel like I'm squatting into my right thigh/right cheek and using that base for power.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D2, 8.5*, Aldila RIP-stiff
    Titleist 910F 15*, 19*
    Mizuno MP-64, 3-PW
    Mizuno MP T-4 50*, 56* Vokey 60*
    PING Anser
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned  20715WRX Points: 1Handicap: BeefPosts: 20,715 Titanium Tees
    excellent stuff limcauco!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.