Grapehunter's WITB M1 inside

[quote name='nokester' timestamp='1401449507' post='9395009']
how are the cleveland wedges compared to the vokeys???
[/quote]

Spin seemed to be marginally more than the Vokey's around the green but noticeably more on fuller shots. Accuracy was the same.

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1401451851' post='9395155']
Great bags. I'd go Cobra+Miura+Voke. On a sidenote: How do you like the titleist staff stand bag?
[/quote]

Great bag! Light enough to carry, sits in a cart very well with minimal shifting. Delivers everything the model name implies. Has the look of a compact staff bag with the utility of a stand bag.

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

• 2 weeks later...

Both bags are sweet. What do you think between the SLDR 460 and the Bio Cell Pro? Hoping one of those will be my next driver.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1402250369' post='9454053']
Both bags are sweet. What do you think between the SLDR 460 and the Bio Cell Pro? Hoping one of those will be my next driver.
[/quote]

I set up both bags a certain way. If I have the time to hit 300+ Balls 3 days a week then I'm gaming the Miura bag. If I don't (hint...I don't), then I'll game the Titleist bag. In other words I consider the SLDR to be less forgiving than the Cobra Bio Cell Pro but in all honesty I am longer AND more accurate with the Bio Cell Pro when my only goal was to have something as long as the SLDR but more forgiving. The Cobra Bio Cell Pro is just stupid good. If you have a favorite shaft that has worked really well for you in other heads, try it in the Bio Cell Pro and never look back.

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1402376123' post='9464739']
[/quote]

I set up both bags a certain way. If I have the time to hit 300+ Balls 3 days a week then I'm gaming the Miura bag. If I don't (hint...I don't), then I'll game the Titleist bag. In other words I consider the SLDR to be less forgiving than the Cobra Bio Cell Pro but in all honesty I am longer AND more accurate with the Bio Cell Pro when my only goal was to have something as long as the SLDR but more forgiving. The Cobra Bio Cell Pro is just stupid good. If you have a favorite shaft that has worked really well for you in other heads, try it in the Bio Cell Pro and never look back.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. You kind of read my mind with the shaft part. I've been playing the speeder 6.2 TS in every driver I've owned for the last two years. I've had 3 SLDR's and none of them really clicked with that shaft. I'm going to a big demo day this weekend, hopefully they'll have a BC Pro to hit. I take it the 7.2 TS is a good fit in the Cobra? I find some low spinning heads you can get away with a stout shaft and some you can't. It sounds like the BC Pro has a little extra launch and forgiveness over the SLDR to make that shaft work.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1402440994' post='9469565']
[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1402376123' post='9464739']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. You kind of read my mind with the shaft part. I've been playing the speeder 6.2 TS in every driver I've owned for the last two years. I've had 3 SLDR's and none of them really clicked with that shaft. I'm going to a big demo day this weekend, hopefully they'll have a BC Pro to hit. I take it the 7.2 TS is a good fit in the Cobra? I find some low spinning heads you can get away with a stout shaft and some you can't. It sounds like the BC Pro has a little extra launch and forgiveness over the SLDR to make that shaft work.
[/quote]

I launch the ball very high and spin high so for me the only way to reduce the spin further down from the SLDR was to go down in loft which I could only do with a 7 degree head which happens to be available as a setting on the Cobra Bio Cell Pro head. I Tried playing the 9.5 degree head set all the way down to 8 which helped some but the launch and spin were still too high for me. I played the 6.2 TS in a RBZ before and absolutely murdered that driver but dispersion was awful. I needed more weight with the same launch characteristics as the 6.2 TS so the 7.2 TS and my swing was a match made in heaven.

My Journey through the Machine

For as long as I can remember I've always wanted beauty and passion in all facets of my life. Sound shallow?... Maybe. Greedy?... Perhaps. Where does one draw the line between beauty and what is actually practical in any given application? When does passion begin to blur the lines between pure insanity and full expression of ones vision? How many people in this world are willing to push the envelope to see just how far the can bring their own artistic expression to fruition?

It was a weekday morning not more than a week ago when I first spoke to Dave Billings over at Dogleg Right. I didn't call him directly. In fact I left a message through the main sales line. I've read many times in the past that Dave is a class act and is very much an engaged CEO from other people's experience with Machine putters but I didn't fully grasp to level of attention you get until that very first hello.

Right from the beginning I felt as though this man understood my plight. He understood what it was I was trying to accomplish and he became increasingly passionate along side with me with every iteration of my putter build change. The responses were always prompt. The guidance was always without agenda. Just in the short time I've been speaking to Dave it is apparent to me that this is a man that has found that line in which Art, Beauty and Passion can coexist with the ultimate in individual expression and functionality.

As you'll read about later in my Journey through the Machine my putter build has from the beginning gone from what I thought would pacify my thirst the ultimate putter to what has now become a far more involved exotic art piece that just happens to be usable for sinking putts.

It started with...

- M2A head in stainless steel with traditional long neck hosel

- Loft, Lie Standard

- 33.5 inches

- Antique Charcoal Finish concentrating on Blues, Hot spot on face, Darker top line

- Standard Stepless putter shaft

- Oil Rubbed Brown Leather Grip

- Single line in cavity for alignment

- Initials stamped on toe side face

- VMG Grooves milled onto face

to

- Adding a Copper Medallion to the back of the putter cavity

- Adding a Copper spacer

to

- Upgrading standard putter shaft to UST Mamiya FF putter shaft

- Oil Rubbed Brown leather Head cover

- Custom Engravings on the Sole

to

- Skeltonizing the hosel

- Upping target weight to 365g-370g

to

- Scrapping all the engravings

- Upgrading from Stainless Steel to Damascus

- Changing finish to Oil Quenched Hand Torched

- Upping loft to 4 degrees

to

- Adding an Engraving back in

- Upgrading the Copper Medallion to Titanium

- Deleting the Hosel Skeletonizing

I'm almost positive there are other little things I'm missing per our conversations but I basically ran through the entire gamut of options before finally giving into the notion that if I'm going to get wet then I might as well go swimming. The more I learned about Dave, Dogleg Right and all of the individuals, artisans, master craftsmen working together to bring to us such a gorgeous product, the more I wanted my own putter to express every part of what they have to give. I don't have any pictures yet but I will continue updating here as the progress unfolds.

Awaiting Pandora

Pandora is the name I chose for this Machine Putter build. Very appropriate I think given where it started from and where it will ultimately be. Since I had sold nearly all my putters to help fund this project I had to find something to game while waiting for my new beauty to arrive and so I went out and bought e Bettinardi BB1. Similar model head to the putter I am having Dave build me so I figured this was a good way to pacify me for now. I plan on building a second "All Weather" Machine Putter very soon so that I can keep things as uniform in my bag as possible. Never thought I'd say I bought a nice new Bettinardi as a place holder for something greater. Either way here are a few pics...

adyc7n.jpg

1072tdw.jpg

1pzes6.jpg

10psxgy.jpg

20jpkq8.jpg

Great putter. Feel is soft. Felt confident standing over this putter and that really says something because I haven't gamed a anser style putter in a long time. With the long neck hosel the toe hangs just a bit which is perfect for me with my baby arc putting stroke. Very nearly Straight Back Straight through. I like the Head cover in comparison to a lot of the Scotty Cameron Head Covers which feel very thin and easy to tear. This one felt sturdy like you could toss it around and it won't get easily scratched. The standard Betti grip encouraged nice feedback though the texture was a little on the rubbery side for me. This is basically a place holder for my Machine putter that hasn't been completed yet but I'll say that this is definitely a nice break from all the Scotty's I've gamed over the years.

[quote name='Ayoung19' timestamp='1403629867' post='9567103']
Wish I could casually go buy that putter as a placeholder. Great looking putter and even better clubs. Excited to see how your Machine build turns out.
[/quote]

Just because I can it doesn't mean that I don't still cringe when I think of what I just did lol

Just Bought this for my soon to arive Machines

33maaa0.jpg

Prelude to an epiphany

As part of my game overhaul which included a few swing changes that I unfortunately did not document so well or at all I've also made it a point to spend more time on the fitting aspect of Golf especially since I feel that I am better able to repeat my swing/stroke since the lessons. I've always valued the benefits of proper fitting but felt as though I couldn't take full advantage of my build specs because what was a good swing/stroke one day would be completely different another day. So not to get too far off topic I can truly say that fitting is great and all but lessons I think is a better place to start. Now on to the good stuff...

My Trip To Cool Clubs (Foster City CA)

I hadn't been to this part of the bay area before mainly because there really isn't much in Foster City. Much like the rest of the Bay Area it is surrounded by water and what largely looks like an industrial area. Still I never expected to drive up to a Golf Training/ Fitting Facility right on the water. You could tell where Cool Clubs is from a distance by the netted driving range and the obligatory posts holding up the range structure. There was nothing else in the area. Just a couple of small business offices across the other side of the street down a ways and one sign from the road welcoming you to your destination.

346qs01.jpg

As you walk into the facility there is what looks like a small chip and putt golf course off to the left complete with bunkers and water hazards. This facility is also used for a Junior Golf academy so there were youngsters all over the place in what any golf nut would consider to be a Disneyland for golf. Splitting the middle portion of the land was a short game facility with putting and chipping area and then a gated area that had what looked like short game obstacle courses. Color coded zones and foam tube markers for various short game games were spread out throughout the area. Looked like so much fun. I could spend an entire day just in this area alone. As you continue to walk through the grounds off to the far right is the much larger close up driving range with two levels of hitting bays, various targets, golf instructors etc.

212fzgw.jpg

35aj9dy.jpg

erzkzp.jpg

2jfkom.jpg

dcg9q8.jpg

There is only one building for the entire facility which houses a small area for the pro shop and a larger area for Cool Clubs. Never before in my mind has a name ever rung so true when describing a business. This place is everything it sounds like it is. Very Cool. As soon as you walk through the doors you are surrounded with modern design, golf gear from wall to wall, computers, screens, cages, fitting rooms, leather couches and a professional friendly staff.

2vii0cy.jpg

24n6e.jpg

hx9bwy.jpg

2rcluon.jpg

2m4pxci.jpg

24o4tix.jpg

24dj62f.jpg

The Fitting

Bill was the name of the gentleman that was doing the fitting for me. This facility uses V1 software with multiple cameras in a putting cage to measure your setup, posture, putting stroke, alignment etc. The very first thing they do is take measurement on your current putter, Weight, Toe hang, length, lie.

2lnu5qa.jpg

2u7lv7k.jpg

Then they ask you to hit a few putts in the cage to get a few base measurement. There is a laser dot projected onto the putting surface to get you setup within the viewing range of all the cameras. This also promotes accuracy and consistency in the information pulled from the system cameras. Once they get a baseline with your current putter they immediately go into video analysis. With the V1 system they use lines with degree values on the key points of a putting position to figure out what is happening, why it's happening and what they can adjust to fix it. You can compare your stroke to Touring Pros. In my case they used Aaron Baddeley who is one of the many pros that uses Cool Clubs to get his gear fitted. They'll show you side by side shots showing you what you do compared to what a good Touring Pro does to setup for a putt. Next you'll start with a putter the fitter thinks might be better for you. From there they will go to different putters with various length and lie angles, weights, hosel styles etc. based on the effect each change has on your overall putting set up and stroke. They measure every aspect of your putting which even includes a high speed camera shot of how the ball leaves the putter face, how close to center you are on putting strokes and a whole myriad of other factors. Once the analysis is complete they will write up what they recommend for putter set up, print out all the measurements and camera stills with the before and after shots, package everything in a nice folder emblazoned with their company logo and send you on your way. That is of course if they can force you to leave before they close because I personally could spend an entire day there and lose track of time.

w6uwew.jpg

205thjo.jpg

x5ypu0.jpg

25zt5qp.jpg

26416jr.jpg

11ty5iu.jpg

20jo1gj.jpg

2hduuxe.jpg

For those that are curious I have what is called an Inside/ Down the Line putting stroke. I can play putters with a little toe hang. My arc on the back stroke was too far to the inside but nice and straight on the follow through. Once we switched to a shorter putter everything corrected itself to less of an inside arc on the take away but still straight on the way through.

…and a few more random pics

hwxwz9.jpg

34y6xjn.jpg

r7un2p.jpg

2e1cdgl.jpg

sbpkye.jpg

28webd2.jpg

5k1wyp.jpg

ndssra.jpg

pretty awesome man
good pics and neat write up

so were you only fit for a putter?
what did you end up doing, buy a new one or change the length, and lie of yours?

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1403819922' post='9585581']
pretty awesome man
good pics and neat write up

so were you only fit for a putter?
what did you end up doing, buy a new one or change the length, and lie of yours?
[/quote]

Fit for the putter only for now. Wanted to try them out first. I'll definitely be back in the future for the rest of my bag.

Dave Billings is building me a couple of Machine putters right now. He was just waiting for the final specs before finalizing the build. Not sure yet if I'll chop down my Bettinardi or just sell it when my Machines come in.

My OCD got the best of me today. Had to send my Titleist Staff Stand bag back for Warranty work so I put my Miura bag into play (I couldn't put Titleist irons in a Miura bag) ended up shooting 86 when last week with my Titleist bag I shot a 77. Noticeable difference in forgiveness from the Miuras to the Titleist AP2 as one would expect. Still I can't put all the blame on the irons but what I will say is that I have to use different swing shots with the Miuras than I do with the Titleist Irons. I really need to get both sets of irons refitted. Most of my strokes seem to be lost on the approach shot albeit much better than before but always looking for more.

[quote name='alanmonty10' timestamp='1403869744' post='9588789']
wow that place looks like a lot of fun.
[/quote]

Next time I go I plan on going at least an hour early. You could burn up a couple hours on the Short game course alone.

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1403870460' post='9588845']
Man o man. I just want cool clubs gift cards for the remainder of my days.
[/quote]

The best part is they have Cool Club locations in other states as well. I wanted to load up on accessories like a towel, divot repair tool or something of the like. Sadly they didn't have any.

Cool Clubs Iron/Wedge Fitting

After my first visit to Cool Clubs in Foster City last week I decided to go ahead and get the Irons and Wedges sorted out as well. I was reluctant to do the iron fitting because I've never hit the ball straighter than I do now with my 714 AP2's which are S/S/S across the board but I still always miss on the toe side. It was nagging at me. Some might say it's the swing and if I were posting this 6 months ago I'd say you are correct but since my swing overhaul my swing is more technically correct than it has ever been. Albeit not perfect but far more consistent.

I also wanted to get my wedges fitted because I never had wedges fitted before. I used to have a very steep swing and thus always played high bounce wedges but again, since the swing change, that is all now different. More shallow and not so much sledge hammering it into the ground like I used to.

Before the Fitting

I got to the facility about an hour early on purpose so I could play around the short game area a bit. It was fun playing around the various short game setups they had though I spent most of my time on the multi tiered chipping green. What I didn't notice last time was that the far end half of the driving range is all grass which was where I did my outside portion of the Iron fitting. Here are a few pics of the short game area...

103ymig.jpg

vzvkpj.jpg

3312c0h.jpg

28tl01k.jpg

71lpg9.jpg

vhq55i.jpg

The Fitting

Just as Bill (My Fitter) did the first time with my putter fitting, he started with a series of measurements. Each of my Irons and wedges were weighed, measure by length, loft, lie and frequency.

dmpfu0.jpg

2i9tcmu.jpg

2qu0vir.jpg

They ask you what kind of ball you use to keep everything as consistent as possible with what you'd expect to see from your results. In my case it's the Bridgestone B330. Took a few swings to warm up and then right into the measuring. Started with a basic lie board test to check lie angles. Perfect dead center along the sole in the stock lie. From there we moved onto the launch data. All the Launch data is measure by Trackman which when indoors requires a silver dot on each of the balls being used so that it can accurately measure the data in a limited flight environment. Bill said that Trackman can measure fine without the dot but the dot just makes it that much more accurate. There is a laser attachment on top of the trackman unit which projects a line onto the back drop which is what is meant to be used as alignment. It threw me off some because the line does line up with the middle of the driving range image projected onto the back drop. It made lining up a little wonky but didn't feel like it affected my fitting much. We went through a series of swings discussing flex and bend profile on the C-Tapers I had in my AP2's. Those were fine at S+ for me. What wasn't so clear was why I was still missing out on the toe. Perplexed, Bill took out the measuring stick and measured my wrist to floor measurement. Turns out I had short arms! Immediately he grabs a slightly longer C-Taper shaft in S+ flex and fits it to a 714 AP2 head. Before I took any swings with the longer club he fixed some face tape onto both my 6 iron and the longer 6 iron. Took a few swings with my 6 Iron just to make sure our assumptions were correct. Sure enough about half a ball toe side every time (forgot to take pictures). Took a few swings with the 1/2 inch longer AP2 6 Iron. BAM! Dead center! Maybe a fluke? Nope reproduced it another 4 times in a row. Tried switching back and forth between my 6 iron and the longer one and every single time I missed toe side with mine and dead center with the longer Iron. I told him I carry the ball about 195-200 yards on a good swing with my current 6 iron but toe misses left my carry at about 185 yards. This translated onto Trackman perfectly. With the longer 6 Iron and dead center hits I was carrying 195 Yards consistently with a few over 200. Here is the breakdown below:

1zew006.jpg

mhrmz5.jpg

21oqat1.jpg

As you can see in the pictures I tried some other Iron heads out for fun which include Fourteen, Miura CB501, Taylormade TP MC Irons and Callaway Apex.

As much as I hate to admit it I didn't like the feel of the Miura's though I didn't hit that many in the center. It's just a difficult iron to nut. I liked the way the Taylormade and the Callaway felt and I'm happy to say that I enjoyed the AP2's the most. The ho in me might look at a new option anyways but we'll see.

The wedge fitting was a little less involving. We went outside for most of the fitting. He asked me how I use my wedges and what I'd like to see different. For me I rarely hit full wedge shots so I was more interested in how my wedges play from 80 yards and in. Some of the issues I have was I always felt like my wedges could use more weight. I don't like the look of lead tape on my wedges so we looked at options that would yield the results I wanted without modifying the wedge too much. He grabbed a few wedges, watched me hit a few 50 yard pitch shots, in the rough green side chip shots, sand shots, fairway shots etc. Sound and trajectory was what the fitter was looking for a long with turf interaction. Ended up fitting into a 58 degree L Grind Vokey SM5 in nickel finish (heavier weight in that finish) and a 54 degree F Grind Vokey SM5 in nickel finish. The L grind is much less bounce than I'm used to but based on how I use it with my short game this seemed like the best course of action. I'll probably look into some TVD Wedges from Wedge Works Vokey Team so I can get my exact specs in a heavier wedge so I don't have to get the Nickel Finish SM5's. They actually look pretty good but I just can't do any hue of gold in my bag.

Overall the experience was great. Just ended up tweaking my lofts in the 4 and 5 iron to get better separation from the 6 iron and readjusting the lie angles as some of the irons were either steep or flat from standard. I'll eventually need to extend my irons out a 1/2 inch which I would have done right there and then but he ran out of extension. Very happy with the fitting and glad I did the Iron portion of it. I had a big game this weekend with my Boss and my Bosses Boss. They asked me to take this sunday off to play a round with them. Ha! How can I say no to that! All I know is I get the feeling my wallet is going to feel the pain by the time I implement all my new fitting results into my bag. Cheers!

thats awesome man, cool you went back for the irons and wedges
i may try to sneak over to CC next time I'm in AZ for a fitting as well

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Great review! Pretty cool to see that your experience at CC is pretty much identical to mine, just shows the consistency at each location. What was their recommendation for you at the end of the fitting? The capabilities at their build center have also been very impressive, you definitely get what you pay for!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1404444303' post='9634693']
thats awesome man, cool you went back for the irons and wedges
i may try to sneak over to CC next time I'm in AZ for a fitting as well
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah I wish AZ was closer. Everything I've heard about that place is like the one in Foster City but with even more gear to choose from. They have their custom department there as well so if you get a wild hair to get a different finish and stamping with a custom grind they can take care of you right there. All they can do at their satellite locations is adjust swing weight, loft, lie, length and of course, grips and shafts.

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1404444899' post='9634767']
Great review! Pretty cool to see that your experience at CC is pretty much identical to mine, just shows the consistency at each location. What was their recommendation for you at the end of the fitting? The capabilities at their build center have also been very impressive, you definitely get what you pay for!
[/quote]

Thanks Tai! In a nutshell they recommended +1/2 inch on all irons, standard Titleist lie angles were perfect for me, went 1 degree strong on the 5 iron, 2 degrees strong on the 4 iron, went from a 12 bounce on my 58 degree to L grind 4 bounce, kept the 54 degree at 14 degrees with an F grind.

Was thinking of doing some TVD wedges. You have a few no? Do they only come in the raw finish?

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1404445985' post='9634855']
[/quote]

Thanks Tai! In a nutshell they recommended +1/2 inch on all irons, standard Titleist lie angles were perfect for me, went 1 degree strong on the 5 iron, 2 degrees strong on the 4 iron, went from a 12 bounce on my 58 degree to L grind 4 bounce, kept the 54 degree at 14 degrees with an F grind.

Was thinking of doing some TVD wedges. You have a few no? Do they only come in the raw finish?
[/quote]

You lucked out and saved a lot of $$$!! I do have the TVD's, I think raw is only available on the hand ground 58/60.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1404446585' post='9634887']
[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1404445985' post='9634855']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You lucked out and saved a lot of $$$!! I do have the TVD's, I think raw is only available on the hand ground 58/60.
[/quote]

Yeah think I'll do a K grind for the 54 and an M grind for the 58. How's the Black Ion holding up? I heard it rusts?

I hope it rusts. I think that it is more of a plating, the sole on mine is already completely silver.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ