WITB - O' Doyle Rules!

Hello all, this is my first shot at this so don't be to hard on me, and let me know what you think!

A little background on me, I just turned 26, I am 5'6" tall, and I first started golfing when I was about 12 years old thanks to my uncle and a cut off set of Northwesterns. I played golf all four years of HS, averaging 42-45 per nine holes which being in a high school of 140 kids it was good enough for the 1 spot on the team. After HS i went to Northern Illinois University, and all but quit playing(I probably golfed 5 times total in the 4 years I was there).

Last Spring I took a job working weekends at a Park District golf course in Joliet, IL to help pay for my wedding, and along with it came free golf at all 3 of the Park District courses. About that same time, I discovered this wonderful site, and the rest is history...

Enough about me, on to the good stuff. Some of the pics aren't great, they were all take from a phone sorry for that in advance.

Here is my WWITB(what was in the bag) at the beginning of last year before WRX. All were purchased new when I was in High School accept the 3 wood.

Driver - TaylorMade R360XD - 9.5deg with a stock Stiff Flex Shaft

72c5cebb-c0bc-4d1c-ba64-040ae1527698.jpg

3 Wood - TaylorMade - 07 Burner - Stock Stiff flex Shaft(more on this later)

y.jpg

Irons - TaylorMade - RAC OS - 3 thru PW all standard l/l/l

zb.jpg

zc.jpg

Putter - Ping - G2i - Craz-E - 35" (more on this later also)

xh.jpg

I also had a 56* walmart wedge, but after 10 years the head flew off at the hosel when I hit a 40yd shot with it. It did land on the green though so I wasn't too upset. More to come in the next post!!

Mizuno ST-G - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60
07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-6 and CB 7-P w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*f & 60*m - Raw Black
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now on to the current WITB, I have been adding/swapping out old equipment since the beginning of last year, here is where I am currently.

Driver - R1 Black - This was a wedding gift from the Wife so I don't see it going anywhere for quite a while.

- Stiff Flex - Stock shaft @ standard length

- Loft set at 10.5*

- Face is set to Neutral

- 10g weight is in the heel and 1g in the toe

I gained a ton of accuracy with this(once i lofted up a bit) from the R360, my misses went from in the woods to in the rough just off of the fairway and my fairways hit went up 2-3 a round. If I put a good swing on it, I can put it out there about 280 yards off of the tee, and have managed over 290 with firm fairways and a little tail wind. Overall I am really happy with this club, though I may experiment with some different shafts once the bank account allows.

xq.jpg

xr.jpg

================================================================================================================================

3 Wood - 07 Burner(non TP)

- Loft is 15*

- Shaft is stock - Stiff Flex

- Headcover is a new replacement from TM

I bought this club new in 07 as a birthday present to myself, I was unaware until I found WRX that this might be one of the best 3 woods out there. I have heard that the TP version is a little better, but this thing is easy to hit both off of the tee and off the deck. I can hit it about 245-250 off of the deck and 250-260 off of the tee pretty consistently with a pretty straight ball flight. I am pretty sure the only way I would replace this is if it broke at this point.

xp.jpg

xo.jpg

================================================================================================================================

Hybrids: I currently have three that I swap in and out depending on the course and conditions.

xk.jpg

xl.jpg

xi.jpg

Adams Pro DHY - This one I just picked up last week, I have 2 range sessions and 18 holes completed with it.

- Loft is 21*

- Shaft if the Stock Aldila Tour Blue - Stiff Flex

To me this is much more of a 3 iron replacement than my other 3 hybrid, the ball flight it much lower and it is slightly more demanding but the ball really goes when hit solid and the roll out is much better off of the tee.

xj.jpg

xm.jpg

Cleveland Mashie +

- Lofts are 20.5* and 23*

- Shafts are stock Stiff Flex Miyazaki C. Kua 59

I picked the 20.5 up last year as my first hybrid and I liked it so much that when the 23* was on sale for $60 earlier this year, I grabbed that too. These are ridiculously easy to hit, and the slight V in the sole makes them really good out of rough. Other pics above...

xn.jpg

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

On to the real eye candy! These are one week old today, I have played 27 holes with them and have two range sessions also. I am still getting used to them, but man do they feel AMAZING when they are flushed. I am still working on my distances with these as they are weaker lofted then my RAC's were, but gapping seems pretty consistent through the entire set.

Bridgestone J40 Combo - 4 thru 6 DPC and 7 thru PW CB

- Lofts are all Standard from BS

- Lies are all 2* upright

- Shafts stock Project X Flighted - 6.0 Flex

- Length is minus 1/4"

- Grips are Lamkin REL 3gen - Grey - Std Size

- White Ferrules

Enjoy...

xe.jpg

xf.jpg

xg.jpg

Here is a comparison from address of the DPC and CB, the 7i CB is on the top and the 6i DPC is on the bottom.

r.jpg

Another comparison with a little different angle, again 7i on top and 6i on bottom.

o.jpg

Final comparison, I had a lot of trouble when trying to decide whether to go with the combo how different the blade length was. While it isn't a HUGE difference, it is noticeable from address but it doesn't bother me at all. The slight difference in offset is not noticeable to me however.

t.jpg

Grips - I am not sold on these yet, they are REALLY tacky and seem slightly larger than the tour velvets I am used to and I don't have huge hands being 5'6" so I might test alternatives. They do look good though!

s.jpg

Shafts:

q.jpg

======================================================================================================================

UPDATED - Wedges - I picked up a couple new wedges at the end of last season. I now have a full set of SM5's, 50f, 56m and 60m.

xs.jpg

u.jpg

Gap Wedge - Vokey SM5 - Raw Black - F Grind

- Loft is 50*

- Bounce is 8*

- Shaft is DG S300

- Length is minus 1/4"

This took a little bit to get used to, as it is significantly smaller than my Cleveland wedges, as well as the RAC OS's. After the break in, it is one of my favorite clubs to use. It is my go to around the green for chipping, and is really accurate @ 120 yards out.

w.jpg

v.jpg

Sand Wedge - Vokey SM5 - Blue - M Grind

- Loft is 56*

- Bounce is 10*

- Shaft is DG S300

- Length is minus 1/4"

b-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

Lob Wedge - Vokey SM5 - Raw Black - M Grind - No pictures of this one...

- Loft is 60*

- Bounce is 10*

- Shaft is DG S300

- Length is minus 1/4"

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

Last but not least...

Putter - Ping G2i CRAZ-E

- Length - 32.5"

- Lie - STD

- Grip - Superstroke Mid Slim 2.0

As I said earlier, I bought this putter brand new when it was first released. This was the time when EVERYONE was buying the now Odyssey 2-ball putters, and I wanted to be a little different while still getting the same effect. Cutting 2.5" off of the shaft and putting the SuperStroke grip on it has completely changed my putting for the better. I am still by no means a good putter, but it really helped with distance control and consistency.

xh.jpg

za.jpg

k.jpg

n.jpg

===============================================================================================================================

Bag - Ogio Ozone XX Stand Bag

- I picked this up earlier this year from RBG for $90, it has plenty of storage and the Woode orginizer is fantastic.

j.jpg

g.jpg

146154d4-9638-4db3-8fa9-5ff2aa4e68f3.jpg

============================================================================================================================

Shoes - Nike Lunar Control

Not too much to say about these, they are comfortable, waterproof, and the grip is good.

b.jpg

d.jpg

=================================================================================================================================

All together...

With Headcovers-

a.jpg

No Headcovers -

e.jpg

View from above.

73674404-38fa-4b38-ac3f-9a836e1c2132.jpg

WOW, that took way longer than expected haha. Thanks for looking, and questions or pics you would like to see, let me know!

Lucas

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

Nice looking setup, played the DPC's for a little while and I thought they were quite good. Really wished I hadn't sold them. Mizuno lust

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

[quote name='calc61' timestamp='1403558118' post='9560891']
Nice bag!! Congrats on the wedding. Have a great season.
[/quote]

Thank you! I can't believe how time flies, we married in October and we are expecting a little guy here in a few weeks. I am thinking my J40's were my last significant purchase for a while haha.

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

[quote name='kmac49' timestamp='1403558280' post='9560907']
Nice looking setup, played the DPC's for a little while and I thought they were quite good. Really wished I hadn't sold them. Mizuno lust
[/quote]

Thanks, I actually had a really tough time deciding between the MP54's and the J40's, There were great reviews on both, and in the end it really came down the the $200 price difference as the deciding factor. After playing a little bit with them, I am more than happy with my decision!

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

• 8 months later...

I forgot to update this at the end of last year, I was able to grab a Indigo SM5 56* - M Grind from Discount Dan's, this thing is awesome in person!

b-1.jpg

I also decided I needed a matching truck to tote my clubs around in so I picked this up too.

b-2.jpg

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

Great WITB I need to finish mine. Used to have a Karsten Craz-E and loved the way it swung, then GolfWrx happened and I traded it off. I picked one up in the store the other day and was reminded of how good of a putter it was.

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]

[quote name='Stillboard' timestamp='1425628124' post='11088605']
Great WITB I need to finish mine. Used to have a Karsten Craz-E and loved the way it swung, then GolfWrx happened and I traded it off. I picked one up in the store the other day and was reminded of how good of a putter it was.
[/quote]

Thanks man, I have thought about replacing it many times, but I can't seem to find anything I like better.

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

[quote name='Steele47' timestamp='1425696483' post='11094257']
Great looking irons! Surprised you have them 2 degrees upright. I'm 5"7' and I'm 2 flat irons and 3 flat wedges.
[/quote]

Thank you, I couldn't be happier with them! I was actually really surprised I was upright also, I was actually going to order them flat due to my height but I decided to get fit right before I placed the order and I am glad I did.

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

[quote name='Odoyle107' timestamp='1425909290' post='11107477']
[quote name='Steele47' timestamp='1425696483' post='11094257']
Great looking irons! Surprised you have them 2 degrees upright. I'm 5"7' and I'm 2 flat irons and 3 flat wedges.
[/quote]

Thank you, I couldn't be happier with them! I was actually really surprised I was upright also, I was actually going to order them flat due to my height but I decided to get fit right before I placed the order and I am glad I did.
[/quote]

Glad you like them. They're beautiful sticks. Guess I'm just rethinking my lie angle since never been properly fitted. Just trial and error over the years and have settled on my lie angles and happy the way they are based on how they look at address, divots, ball flight. Have been told multiple times as well that I'm a ' hands low' type swinger. Have a great season!

[quote name='B N Shady' timestamp='1425956739' post='11112459']
Awesome bag! Those Bridgestones and the blue vokey are really sweet. Love that you still have the Burner 3 wood in the bag! Love that thing! Amazing club.
[/quote]

Thanks man! I could not be happier with the J40's and the SM5's, they really a joy to play. That Burner is definitely not going anywhere either, I may shed a tear the day I have to retire it, haha.

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link

[quote name='GIR LOL' timestamp='1426352942' post='11142357']
I have a couple shafts laying around. Willing to trade for that truck?
[/quote]

Sure! 35 new AD-DI's and a couple of the Rogue 125's and you have a deal.

07 TM Burner - 3 Wood
Mizuno Pro - Fli-HI 3
Vokey SM5 56*m - Indigo
WITB Link