What have you found to be the most ACCURATE golf ball?

G-BoneG-Bone Better than most...Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭
edited Mar 9, 2008 in Golf Balls #1
Another words you can hit it where you want and putt it where you want
Just wondering what you have found to be the most accurate golf ball on the market (not necessary the longest or most spin).

I have been doing my own testing looking for the best ball for me, off the driver, off the irons as well as off the putter.

With my very unofficial putting test (me, my putter and an area rug) I have found the Pro V1 roles out and seems to be better point of aim than the V1x and Callaway ix.

Please tell me your findings...

Thanks!
PING G400 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
TaylorMade M5 Fairway 15º ~ GD Tour AD DI
Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19

Comments

• GrumGrum ★ Driven to Perfection ★ Members Posts: 3,152
    I was always under the impression that it was my swing that made the golf ball go where it goes image/ohmy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />
  • nuneenunee Members Posts: 644
    The golf ball goes where you send it. Every ball is only as accurat as YOU are.
    Nike Covert Tour 2.0 - Velox
    Nike T60 3w & 5w - Aldila NV
    Nike Covert 2.0 or CPR 3 HY
    Nike NDS/Pro Combo Split Set
    Nike VR 52* & 56*
    Nike T130
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭
    So am I to understand that you don't believe one ball is more accurate than another?

You believe that the dispersion pattern of every golf ball is exactly the same, no one ball is and edge over another?

Does this mean that you also believe that there is no one golf club that is more accurate than another?

So if using an Iron Byron everything is exactly the same.... come on, we all know better!
    PING G400 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 15º ~ GD Tour AD DI
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • hosierdhosierd Members Posts: 28
    While Grum has a point I can safely say that the Bridgestone e6/e6+ help reduce the amount of spin (including side-spin) and as a result help keep me significantly straighter with the driver etc than other balls. This has also lowered my trajectory, super-high ball hitter, and given me a bit more length as well.

As always, your mileage may vary . . . .
  • GrumGrum ★ Driven to Perfection ★ Members Posts: 3,152
    G-Bone wrote on Mar 9 2008, 03:22 PM:
    So am I to understand that you don't believe one ball is more accurate than another?

You believe that the dispersion pattern of every golf ball is exactly the same, no one ball is and edge over another?

Does this mean that you also believe that there is no one golf club that is more accurate than another?

So if using an Iron Byron everything is exactly the same.... come on, we all know better!

Have a little think about it, different balls spin different amounts, naturally, a higher spinning ball will go off target easier when struck poorly. Same reason why old balatas are easier to work.

The player/the swing/orientation of the club head and path of the swing are to blame for this spin, not the ball. Differences between high end balls will be marginal to the point I would lay bets that you wouldn't benefit by picking one ball over the other purely because its .5 of a yard better in terms of dispersion.

Just my opinion.