P53 golf

Doc420

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are going to be $2000 irons:

"In keeping with our focus on creating the highest quality, authentic, American-made golf irons, the availability of our inaugural 1/953 Series irons will be limited to a total of 953 clients globally, with a minimum commitment of six irons per client.

For those interested in learning more about P53 and the 1/953 Series of hand-crafted, bespoke-ground irons, please complete this form, and it will be our pleasure to include you in future correspondence."

Irons-Slide3.jpg

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1403812785' post='9584823']
These are going to be $2000 irons:

[/quote]

Yes.

Based on the article linked in Grim's post, the price will be $353 per club, with a 6 club minimum.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

That's crazy expensive. I'm wondering if the reason for such high pricing a club is that American foundries are more expensive than their Asian counterparts?

They look very nice and I hope they find a niche within the golf industry. Nice to see American made

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1403822005' post='9585813']
That's crazy expensive. I'm wondering if the reason for such high pricing a club is that American foundries are more expensive than their Asian counterparts?

They look very nice and I hope they find a niche within the golf industry. Nice to see American made
[/quote] That's basically the exact same price for Scratch Tour Dept. I'm curious to see if you will get some of the same types of options like you do with Scratch or if it's going to be a certain design and limited custom options.

Look like a model of the old MacGregor custom catalog. Can't imagine who is doing the forging since the last legitimate forger was Hoffman that went belly up decades ago with among the last model produced the Titleist 681/T... Their head weight tolerances were pretty bad at the end and their chrome plating was horrible. If they are truly forged in the U.S. I can't imagine what finish they will have as EPA has prevented the existence of a decent chrome plate process in the U.S. The regulations make it impossible to do cost wise.. Wonder what they will do for accurate shafts as dynamic gold didn't exist in those days only dynamic that had weights all over the place..

There is very small number of decent plating outfits in the US but the do exist...the problem is its almost impossible to get through the red tape to start a new business but the older ones are kind of under the "grandfathered" umbrella, same goes for a true salt nitride,,,some people still do but you will find no one starting new outfits.

Bag stolen...we shall rebuild!  We have rebuilt!

Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5 Miyazaki JDL

Razr Fit Xtreme 4 wood Aldila Trinity

Searching for a Hybrid

Maltby DBM 4-PW Recoil Prototype 125's

52-56-60 Cleveland Tour Van Forged Modus 120 S

Old AF TM Spider 

That is a super super interesting website and I hope they do well. I wish I had the money to jump on the client list.

Bag stolen...we shall rebuild!  We have rebuilt!

Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5 Miyazaki JDL

Razr Fit Xtreme 4 wood Aldila Trinity

Searching for a Hybrid

Maltby DBM 4-PW Recoil Prototype 125's

52-56-60 Cleveland Tour Van Forged Modus 120 S

Old AF TM Spider 

[quote name='NevadaGolfGuy' timestamp='1403841286' post='9587857']
There is very small number of decent plating outfits in the US but the do exist...the problem is its almost impossible to get through the red tape to start a new business but the older ones are kind of under the "grandfathered" umbrella, same goes for a true salt nitride,,,some people still do but you will find no one starting new outfits.
[/quote]

The iron factory so their own plating?

[quote name='Bob57' timestamp='1403837169' post='9587471']
Look like a model of the old MacGregor custom catalog. Can't imagine who is doing the forging since the last legitimate forger was Hoffman that went belly up decades ago with among the last model produced the Titleist 681/T... Their head weight tolerances were pretty bad at the end and their chrome plating was horrible. If they are truly forged in the U.S. I can't imagine what finish they will have as EPA has prevented the existence of a decent chrome plate process in the U.S. The regulations make it impossible to do cost wise.. Wonder what they will do for accurate shafts as dynamic gold didn't exist in those days only dynamic that had weights all over the place..
[/quote]

If the need to have them forged in the Us results is poor quality they can forget it.Why not have Endo do them in Japan/Thailand and have the highest possible quaility

I have heard that the Forging Facility in Thailand is world class.

From raw billet to final forged head and or complete clubs

[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1403886581' post='9590693']
[/quote]

If the need to have them forged in the Us results is poor quality they can forget it.Why not have Endo do them in Japan/Thailand and have the highest possible quaility

[/quote]
The idea is to have a club fully built in the USA to appeal to nationalism and the idea that it's higher quality.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I'm posting to "bookmark" a "reply to my post" spot. I'm interested to see how this unfolds.

Cool thread

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1403986791' post='9597845']
I'm posting to "bookmark" a "reply to my post" spot. I'm interested to see how this unfolds.

Cool thread
[/quote] Didn't you play Scratch in the past? P53 seem to be doing about 90% of what Scratch has done. I even think Ari is getting ready to hookup with some US forgings.

[quote name='Doc420' timestamp='1404000615' post='9598909']
[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1403986791' post='9597845']

Cool thread
[/quote] Didn't you play Scratch in the past? P53 seem to be doing about 90% of what Scratch has done. I even think Ari is getting ready to hookup with some US forgings.
[/quote]
I did. Keep the good news coming!

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

super interesting. it seems expensive on the face of it, but i could see myself maybe spending the money one day. i mean nice blades are already $1k, and we throw money at useless "junk" in the name of experimentation all the time. why not just get something truly unique and quit hoarding? quality...not quantity.

i don't get why there's so many problems with forging and plating clubs in the US? there's plenty of automotive companies producing forged parts and chrome plated parts here in the US. why are golf clubs any different?

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Mizuno MP4 3-P X100
SM7 50F 54M 58M S400
Bettinardi BB1
@protrajT

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1403887579' post='9590813']
[/quote]

[/quote]
The idea is to have a club fully built in the USA to appeal to nationalism and the idea that it's higher quality.
[/quote]

USA forgings are world class as well. Just cheaper to be done elsewhere I believe is the reason. I could be wayyyyy off though.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1404015557' post='9600169']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

USA forgings are world class as well. Just cheaper to be done elsewhere I believe is the reason. I could be wayyyyy off though.
[/quote]

Currently there are no US forgings (golf heads)?

[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1404021291' post='9600447']
[quote name='deck' timestamp='1404015557' post='9600169']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Currently there are no US forgings (golf heads)?
[/quote]

To my knowledge no and hasn't been for a while.

I think the biggest reason, per another thread, is the cost associated with doing this in the states with all the EPA standards and so on.

I will say though that I find it funny that people complain about how crappy the stuff seems to be coming out of China then turn around and claim the same about forgings stateside. It doesn't have to come from Japan to be a good forging. The biggest difference would be QC.

I'm hoping that we see more forgings in the states though I doubt I would like the price tag.

[quote name='hollabachgt' timestamp='1403811311' post='9584651']
[quote name='Doc420' timestamp='1403810616' post='9584581']
I saw that, couldn't find there website though. I guess Golfwrx might be a little behind on something for once.
[/quote]

Here is their website:

[url="http://www.authenticamericanirons.net/"]http://www.authenticamericanirons.net/[/url]
[/quote]

What a stupid web name. p53golf.com isn't available? This guy is supposed to be some business genius?

This company is doomed. The boutique forged blade market it already saturated. Almost zero demand, and no shortage of competition.