Trade with a Newer Member

Ayoung19

I have traded several times with members with different levels of feedback. All with great success. Communication is the key. I ask several questions at different times just to get a feel of how responsive he / she is. If my gut tells me they are like me, I swap. I guess I rely on the old fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me mentality .

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CheckJV' timestamp='1404302424' post='9622023']
I've done one trade with another member and it went fine. Neither of us had much feedback. What is the deal with feedback anyway...I've purchased more that 12 items in the BST and have only one (1) feedback. Been here since 2009 too. So my feeling is the lack of feedback does not mean much.
[/quote]

Sometimes you just gotta make sure you ask for feedback a few days after your buyer receives the item (or you do if you are the buyer).

I know I have about 6 or so BST transactions that I never got feedback for (3 buyer, 3 seller I believe, even one I shipped to Canada!). When you only have a couple feedback, it sucks to lose out on any potential ones, but that's just how it goes. Some BSTesr are great at leaving feedback, others aren't. I'm sure everyone, frequent or infrequent BSTer has had transactions without feedback

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3

I've had many transactions on BST where the other person left no feedback. Not much you can do about that. I have left feedback for every single transaction I have entered into, whether buyer, seller, or swapper. If I'm the seller, I leave positive feedback as soon as the payment is received, and send a message like "Thanks for a quick pay and smooth transaction, I have left positive feedback for you. I'd appreciate the same in return when you receive the item in the expected time and condition. Thanks." If I am the buyer, I let them know that I intend to leave positive feedback as soon as the item arrives and I've had a chance to inspect it and would appreciate the same in return. If they leave feedback, I appreciate it. If they don't, oh well. If someone doesn't want to enter into a deal with me because my feedback is too low, I am not offended (though I've never had it happen, as far as I know). I personally think that I am not one to be weary of here, I am very active on the boards, have nothing but positive feedback (both here and eBay, which could be easily checked into with my eBay ID under my avatar), and communicate well during deals. But, there's nothing I can do to convince someone to deal with me if they don't want to. It's a free market, they can spend their money however and wherever they'd like.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='MrTmag' timestamp='1404272308' post='9620821']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1404272092' post='9620801']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1404265878' post='9620173']
[b]I've never done the paypal thing because it's pointless if both send the same amount.[/b] Never done the you ship first then I ship thing either. I chat the person up and get a feel for the person. If the read is good, I trade. If not I walk. I've done plenty of transactions and have yet to get burned on a trade
[/quote]

I'm not sure I follow the bolded statement? If myself and another member agree to trade two items we place a value of $100 on, and exchange funds via PayPal, and something goes wrong with the transaction, at least at the end of the day I can file a PayPal claim and get the value of the swapped item back. I wouldn't have the item I was trading or trading for, but I'd at least have the value of my original item replaced... albeit at a huge inconvenience to me. Not a perfect situation, but at least I would have some protection. I'm not trying to argue the point, just wanted to get your take on it as you are clearly more active on BST than myself. I do agree 100% with some interaction via PM before conducting any deal on BST, be it buy, sell, or trade. I've politely walked away from a couple deals because I just didn't get the feeling the other party was going to be easy peasy to work with. BST transactions are pretty simple in their basic form- someone lists something to sell, the two parties agree on a price, the buyer sends funds via PayPal, the seller mails the item in a timely manner. If the person on the other end of me is difficult to muster up in PM, I take that as a sign of things to possibly come and move along.
[/quote]
No offense if somebody asked me to shipped first there denying my trust and that pisses me off I highly doubt I would even respond and if I did it wouldn't be pretty! If I'm trading I just want trust and decent communication not perfect just decent. If I'm sent a tracking number I'm tickled to death if not it's not the end of the world.
[/quote]

You have an feedback score of 87. You have obviously established that you are not here to burn someone. If someone has been here for as long as you have and done as many deals as you have and decides that they want to rip someone off in a trade its unfortunate. And also unfortunately there's really no way to stop someone that has put the time in to build that kind of reputation from pulling something off. You just hope it's not worth it to them.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1404272092' post='9620801']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1404265878' post='9620173']
[b]I've never done the paypal thing because it's pointless if both send the same amount.[/b] Never done the you ship first then I ship thing either. I chat the person up and get a feel for the person. If the read is good, I trade. If not I walk. I've done plenty of transactions and have yet to get burned on a trade
[/quote]

I'm not sure I follow the bolded statement? If myself and another member agree to trade two items we place a value of $100 on, and exchange funds via PayPal, and something goes wrong with the transaction, at least at the end of the day I can file a PayPal claim and get the value of the swapped item back. I wouldn't have the item I was trading or trading for, but I'd at least have the value of my original item replaced... albeit at a huge inconvenience to me. Not a perfect situation, but at least I would have some protection. I'm not trying to argue the point, just wanted to get your take on it as you are clearly more active on BST than myself. I do agree 100% with some interaction via PM before conducting any deal on BST, be it buy, sell, or trade. I've politely walked away from a couple deals because I just didn't get the feeling the other party was going to be easy peasy to work with. BST transactions are pretty simple in their basic form- someone lists something to sell, the two parties agree on a price, the buyer sends funds via PayPal, the seller mails the item in a timely manner. If the person on the other end of me is difficult to muster up in PM, I take that as a sign of things to possibly come and move along.
[/quote]

There's no real protection there. You file a dispute, the other party simply disputes the charge as well and you're still at square 1.