Grapehunter's WITB M1 inside

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1404448830' post='9634995']
I hope it rusts. I think that it is more of a plating, the sole on mine is already completely silver.
[/quote]

is the finish removable you think Pure?
like a CLR bath would take it off, or no?

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1404455580' post='9635309']
Nice write up! Cool clubs is the best.
[/quote]

Thanks Scratch! Yeah definitely worth the money. When the new 915's come out I might have to visit them again.

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1404483712' post='9636561']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1404448830' post='9634995']
I hope it rusts. I think that it is more of a plating, the sole on mine is already completely silver.
[/quote]

is the finish removable you think Pure?
like a CLR bath would take it off, or no?
[/quote]

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it's a plating whereas the SM5 black finish is raw and can be CLR'd or stripped.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Hit em good' timestamp='1404509698' post='9638577']
Sweeeeet set up. How do you like that bag?
[/quote]

Thanks! I love my current set up at the moment. Just making some tweaks to the irons and getting some custom wedges soon. I sent my Titleist bag back for warranty work and I've got a Sunmountain four5 bag on the way. I'm getting close to a full custom bag. Few loose ends but that will be taken care of soon. Thanks for the comment!

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

Small Carry bag update. SM Four5 in the mix. Vokey SM4 wedges back in the bag until I order my TVD wedges. Bettinardi is firmly in the bag until my Machines get here. Will be making some length changes to my irons soon but tweaking existing gear isn't my style. I prefer custom ordering clubs without having to change them again so I might be in the hunt for new Irons soon. Love my AP2's so this might be a difficult task. Stay tuned!

[quote name='ge0vis' timestamp='1405020913' post='9675285']
I want both those bags, but I would go with the 714 bag with a slight edge!
[/quote]

I might have one for sale soon. PM if interested.

[quote name='skylargolf' timestamp='1405059912' post='9678633']
Love your bag man!
[/quote]

Thanks Skylargolf!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little teaser pic

25pgw8x.jpg

How are you still liking that driver combo? I picked up a BCP and am thinking of shafting it with a Motore Speeder TS 7.2x or maybe even a Whiteboard.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1406174309' post='9773085']
How are you still liking that driver combo? I picked up a BCP and am thinking of shafting it with a Motore Speeder TS 7.2x or maybe even a Whiteboard.
[/quote]

Still loving the BCP with the TS7.2. Only reason I didn't opt for the D+ "New Whiteboard" is because I've always had good luck with the Speeder shafts and didn't want to break the matching shafts in the 3 wood and fairway. My OCD would never allow it lol.

[quote name='ge0vis' timestamp='1406303367' post='9783311']
Cool Clubs looks like Heaven need to go there!!! Closest one is in Chicago!
[/quote]

Totally worth it! I've gone back a few times to use the rest of the facility as well. You could spend the whole day there and I plan on doing just that on Monday.

My first (completed) Machine Putter: M2A Converter

Full review coming soon! For now, enjoy the pics :)

2q2pclk.jpg

2dbndj4.jpg

2upbl1j.jpg

34t1wjn.jpg

2z9ejv8.jpg

2nrdbhe.jpg

2vd4ccx.jpg

5ue2av.jpg

2qw065i.jpg

o0575.jpg

The milling on that machine putter is fierce! Nice looking flat stick.

TaylorMade M1 Aldila Rouge 70x
Titleist 13* 913 F.d Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
Titleist 18* 915 H Aldila Rouge 85x
Titleist T-MB 4 Iron True Temper AMT X-100
Miura MB-001 5-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM5 50,56
Bellum Winmore CloverDale

[quote name='obrientf' timestamp='1406549660' post='9799979']
The milling on that machine putter is fierce! Nice looking flat stick.
[/quote]

Thank you! The grooves are the real deal, but more on that later :)

[quote name='Obsessed' timestamp='1406563761' post='9801575']
[color=#1F497D][size="3"]Love the grip. Real leather?[/size][/color]

[color=#1F497D][size="3"]Adjustable length shaft? [/size][/color]
[/quote]

Yes, real leather grip and head cover. The smell is glorious lol.

The shaft length isn't adjustable but you can order different hosel types (which are interchangeable) with Machine and just specify a different length shaft at that time too.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1058029-machine-m2a-putter-review/"]Machine Putter Review here[/url]

Finally had a chance to take out the irons and wedges I just ordered. Think there is going to be some changes to the gamer bag coming very soon. Took my other two sets out to the range as well to do some comparisons. Very interesting to say the least.

What's new:

- Mizuno MP4 Irons 4-PW, DGX100, White out/Blue Grips

- Vokey TVD 50 degree Wedge, DGX100 (Tiger Stepped), Tour Velvet Grip

- Vokey SM5 Indigo M Grind Wedges 54 bent to 55 and 60 degree

Here are some pics:

2u8ypv5.jpg

2ed9mvq.jpg

qqu0s9.jpg

swr67b.jpg

2j45wtf.jpg

2u9ofhi.jpg

24ealjp.jpg

2m4y7p4.jpg

30lh0yg.jpg

ev5l06.jpg

xpq0dj.jpg

b8lkzm.jpg

6stohj.jpg

117tk6v.jpg

30wqq7b.jpg

2ylvk2u.jpg

xcm54x.jpg

2j703c.jpg

2ljmb60.jpg

All GREAT looking (and performing) sticks to choose from. Any updates from the course or range session?

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

Took the MP4's and Vokey's out again today. Love the way the Mizuno MP4's feel but I think I made the wrong shaft choice. Yesterday when I compared them to the Miuras and AP2's I was surprised to see how high the MP4's were launching which was exactly what I didn't want. I'm pretty sure it's a shaft issue because I played in some pretty windy condition today and the Mizunos ballooned like crazy. In hindsight I should've just stuck to what I know has worked well for me which are the CTapers. Not sure if I'll get them re shafted or just get something else altogether.

The Vokey's on the other hand were deadly. Off the fairway, in the grass, in the sand. That M grind is working beautifully for me and the SM5 heads feel heavier than the SM4's. Can't verify that to be true or not but I love the way they sit and look at address.

Just a little update:

It wasn't making sense to me that the Mizuno's were flying significantly shorter than the AP2's and Miuras despite the difference in shafts so I played the last two rounds with my AP2's and the same thing was happening. Swing definitely wasn't feeling in sync, more so my release felt way off. That's something I've been working on the last couple of days and just towards the end of today I finally got that familiar feeling back. Went over to the local Golf Mart to try my Mizuno's and AP2's on the sim again. Things were starting to feel good again and distances were climbing back up. I have a tournament coming up this Monday the 11th and won't really have time between now and then to practice so hope that "feel" holds up until then. I also did a little Mizuno Shaft optimizer session while at Golf Mart to see what it spit out for suggestions. Came out with DGX100's, Project X 6.5 and KBS Tour X. Got the X100's in the Mizunos so I'll keep them unchanged for now given that my swing was out of whack.

[quote name='ckelly78' timestamp='1407285934' post='9866351']
pretty hard to beat AP2 with PXI
[/quote]

I've got the C-Tapers in mine and they have been glorious. They have been very difficult to kick out of the bag. Only thing I'm looking for at this point is a lower flight.

After another couple of range sessions I just can't find the accuracy or confidence in the Mizuno MP4 irons. As beautiful as they are I just can't get comfortable with them. I've got a tournament tomorrow. The 714 AP2's will be in the bag. MP4's are headed to the BST.

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1407729680' post='9906659']
MP4's are headed to the BST.
[/quote]

I saw that.

Do you think c tapers would have helped with the dispersion discrepancies? Can't go wrong with the ap2's. Play well tomorrow.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

Post Tourney update...

Felt like I played pretty well. Me and the boss were paired with a couple of loud mouth jackasses. Right from the start they were talking about how they are single digit handicaps blah blah blah. I don't mind people with self confidence but these two were kind of obnoxious. As luck would have it, one of them was fired from our dealership a few years back before I got there. In a way I think it probably made me play better because I wanted to shut these ****** bags up. It was a shamble format which means we all hit from the best tee shot and then played our own ball from there on out.

At the end of the day these two were decent players but no where near as good as they made themselves sound. I just kept my head down and played my game. Jell-O shots every 4 holes. Hot vendor girls in high heels. Our team ended up second overall and I personally shot a 75 which was a +4 on that course. Very happy with my score and playing overall. Strongest part of my game was my iron play and putting. Got a few good knocks out there with the driver. Beautiful private Country Club full of rich beautiful people. Small greens, would've been a lot more difficult from one more tee back but was able to carry most of the trouble off the tee. Overall pretty happy.

... and now a couple of pics. Literally 2

t5hnch.jpg

24e8ksi.jpg