MP 64 and JPX replacements

2»

Comments

• someon3someon3 "You don't choose golf, golf chooses you" Members  563WRX Points: 4Handicap: +1.0Posts: 563 Golden Tee
    I've grown very fond of the 64's. Hearing they will be replaced feels like someone disrespecting my GF but being ambivalent about whom to punch.
    Posted:
    Taylormade R1 Rip Phenom 65g
    Callaway X 21* /Cobra Amp Cell 17*
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw KBS tour 120
    Mizuno mp-t4 55* 60*
    Taylormade Ghost Manta 34"
    Bridgestone B330s
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • StylezStylez Members  220WRX Points: 0Handicap: 7Posts: 220
    someon3 wrote:

I've grown very fond of the 64's. Hearing they will be replaced feels like someone disrespecting my GF but being ambivalent about whom to punch.
    great post. i was feeling very similar. i thought to myself but those are my babies.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3*
    TMAG R11s 14* 3W
    Titleist 910F 19*
    Mizuno MP64 4-PW
    Nike Method Matter B2-01
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members  4586WRX Points: 3Posts: 4,586 Titanium Tees
    Stylez wrote:

someon3 wrote:

great post. i was feeling very similar. i thought to myself but those are my babies.
    I don't think the 64's can be dethroned. Between the looks, feel, and playability they are near perfect "holy grail" status.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    MJisGOAT wrote:

Stylez wrote:

someon3 wrote:

I don't think the 64's can be dethroned. Between the looks, feel, and playability they are near perfect "holy grail" status.
    3 qualities we all ask for in our clubs and wives. look good. feel good and have a lot of playability. then again, the 64s cant talk. they win again
    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3*
    TMAG R11s 14* 3W
    Titleist 910F 19*
    Mizuno MP64 4-PW
    Nike Method Matter B2-01
  • Barney BoomBarney Boom Members  34WRX Points: 0Handicap: 6Posts: 34
    Would love to see a slighly more midsize version of MP-54 (almost Cleveland TT SIZE)

Pity down here in South Africa we dont get the MP-H4 IRONS .
    Posted:
  • JaxBeachNoleJaxBeachNole Juicy Members  4031WRX Points: 55Posts: 4,031 Titanium Tees
    So was that tweet about new JPX style irons or like an MP 59 multi material forged?
    Posted:
    M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />WITB Link

Advertisement
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members  4586WRX Points: 3Posts: 4,586 Titanium Tees

So was that tweet about new JPX style irons or like an MP 59 multi material forged?
    Could of meant anything, but I'm guessing the most excitement is centered on the woods this year.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    I love to see multiple wedge options
    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3*
    TMAG R11s 14* 3W
    Titleist 910F 19*
    Mizuno MP64 4-PW
    Nike Method Matter B2-01
  • sk33trsk33tr Members  508WRX Points: 63Posts: 508 Golden Tee
    Not just woods... Irons and wedges too. Corporate has everyone from sales to R&D on lockdown. Might hear more in two weeks after the sales meeting.
    Posted:
  • dunndunn Members  6362WRX Points: 163Handicap: 5Posts: 6,362 Titanium Tees
    I am not worried either way....mizuno has always made fine products and they would have to screw the pooch pretty bad for me to not game their wedges/irons. ...they are one of very few who pride in quality over quantity....just good metal, good process and playability....no slots, or any other bs....and really that's all you need....The golf swing should dictate where ball is or isn't going....not a bunch of bells and whistles.....I will be taking look at their woods this year though......

Their MP range of irons is good for just bout anyone or any hdcp....

Very hard pressed to find better all around irons in feel, forgiveness and playability.....

Reason why so many die hard mizzy fans and loyalists....yes I am one of em
    Posted:
  • gs1184gs1184 Members  301WRX Points: 83Posts: 301 Greens
    I use the MP-68's and they are some of the best irons I have ever hit.

The question is will Mizuno ever make their players' irons in left handed ever again. I doubt it. May have to stick with my MP68s for a long time.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 driver - Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0)
    Titleist TS-2 3-Wood - Mitsubishi Tensai AV blue 70 Stiff
    Titleist TS-2 19* hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensai AV blue 70 Stiff
    Titleist 718 AP3 irons
    Titleist Vokey SM7 -  52, 56, 60
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1x 2019

Advertisement
  • SwingBladeSwingBlade SoCalMembers  884WRX Points: 118Posts: 884 Golden Tee
    Stylez wrote:

MJisGOAT wrote:

Stylez wrote:

someon3 wrote:

3 qualities we all ask for in our clubs and wives. look good. feel good and have a lot of playability. then again, the 64s cant talk. they win again

Eager to see new and improved 64's, just not sure that is truly possible. But if they mess them up or give them purple, gold and chrome inserts, or just drop them entirely, I'll quickly buy another set of these current 64's and just hold them until my current set wears out.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 10.5 ATMOS TS Blue 6S 44.25” D5 14g/6g wts
    Cobra King F9 Speedback 4W & 6W ATMOS TS Blue 7S D3
    Miura CB57 4-PW KBS Tour Black Pearl S D5-D7
    Miura K-grind 52, 56, 60, & 64 KBS Wedge S D8
    Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794)
    Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder (2019)
    Pro V1X

Backup/travel: '18 M3 440, M1/M2 FW's, MP-64's and Vokey WedgeWorks 52F, 56V & 60V
  • jas904jas904 Members  1561WRX Points: 212Handicap: 1.4Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees
    MJisGOAT wrote:

Stylez wrote:

someon3 wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better. I'm not sure MP64 can be improved upon. My eyes haven't strayed since putting them in the bag.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
    Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability
  • idriveidrive gone golfin Members  2389WRX Points: 349Posts: 2,389 Platinum Tees
    sk33tr wrote:

Deck, two things. One, you have to understand Chris is an R&D guy who spends very little time on social media and can say very little about what he's working on. I actually had to drag this out of him. Two, I've been hearing the same level enthusiasm across the organization for a few months. But Mizuno for what its worth is still run like an old school sporting goods company and doesn't come out every 8-9 months claiming they've invented fire. Don't think they even have a social media person on staff. I think we've become so desensitized by all the hype over the last 5-6 years, we've forgotten to qualify the messenger first.

Well said and very true.
    Posted:
  • deckdeck Off The Deck Members  3850WRX Points: 51Handicap: 8.7Posts: 3,850 Titanium Tees
    Who said anything about them coming out and inventing fire?

I was simply saying they have a new release coming up, don't you think they are going to be excited about it? Like they would down play it?

I made a new program for my company. Its the best one we have ever had. I'm very excited about it. So are the people in the agency.

See my point?

So people know I was not knocking mizuno at all. Just was making an observation. They should be excited about their upcoming releases. From what I have heard they will be very nice.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
    Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
    Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
    X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
    Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
    Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
    James Ingles Scratch Handmande
  • dunndunn Members  6362WRX Points: 163Handicap: 5Posts: 6,362 Titanium Tees
    You are correct....Every company is going to be excited about their new products...you have to be, you do want those products to sell?...and even Chris voshall isn't going to say " we have new products coming but uhh, you know what don't bother last year's are better"....I assure you he wouldn't have a job at mizuno after that....If you work for company your job is to sell, regardless of your title....

Seeing how mizuno puts out fine clubs not too worried about it....they have had very few that weren't any good at all...Most have been spectacular....and players cavities done really change much anyway...even my hogan Apex plus from 15- 20 yrs ago aren't much different than what's out today
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • lawrencedc1lawrencedc1 Members  718WRX Points: 71Handicap: 12.1Posts: 718 Golden Tee

Would love to see a slighly more midsize version of MP-54 (almost Cleveland TT SIZE)

Pity down here in South Africa we dont get the MP-H4 IRONS .

+1. I really miss my MX-300s. The 825 pros just cant rival them in feel, or simplicity. I think a MP-53 with a little friendlier long irons would be stellar ie. (Ping I25s) Come on Mizuno give us mid-cappers something classy looking again.
    Posted:
  • madaboutgolfmadaboutgolf Members  1018WRX Points: 66Posts: 1,018 Platinum Tees
    bring back the comp ez is my advice !!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 D type 12*
    Taylormade M2 3 wood
    Taylormade M4 5 wood
    Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid/Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
    Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
    Callaway PM grind mack daddy 60 wedge
     taylormade Burner speed/RBZ soft balls
    Odyssey 7s black
  • CodenamedZeusCodenamedZeus Members  124WRX Points: 73Posts: 124 Fairways
    lunny wrote:

We need some lefty love in the MP-64 line!!!

PLEASE!

My rep was hoping they just change the badge of the 825's. The black finish of the EZ turns off some customers.
    Posted:
  • lawrencedc1lawrencedc1 Members  718WRX Points: 71Handicap: 12.1Posts: 718 Golden Tee

lunny wrote:

We need some lefty love in the MP-64 line!!!

PLEASE!

My rep was hoping they just change the badge of the 825's. The black finish of the EZ turns off some customers.

Exactly! Or just make them removable like the Mx300s
    Posted:
  • cheekscheeks Members  903WRX Points: 0Posts: 903
    Mizuno tour van confirming a reveal upcoming next week at the Open.

Sit back and get ready.
    Posted:
    Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Driver, Orochi Red
    MP-650 3w 15*, hybrid 19*,Orochi Red S
    MP-54 3-7 Nippon 1150 S
    MP-5 8-PW Nippon 1150 S
    MP-R12 52* and 56*, DG Spinner
    T.P. Mills Softtail

Advertisement
  • SumoSumo Liverpool, UKMembers  117WRX Points: 98Posts: 117 Fairways
    Pictures of the MP H5 one and two irons are up on Mizuno Europe's 2014 Open Championship forum.

For some reason I can't link or attach the pictures.
    Posted:
  • JiggaJigga Members  431WRX Points: 92Posts: 431 Greens
    If the new MP H5's are an indication of the design aesthetic for the rest of the MP line, I'm not having any second thoughts on grabbing some 64s last month.
    Posted:
  • LBattaglia93LBattaglia93 BallChampions Members  399WRX Points: 55Posts: 399 Greens
    Here's a couple photos from their Twitter

Posted:
  • SwingBladeSwingBlade SoCalMembers  884WRX Points: 118Posts: 884 Golden Tee
    MP-64's for lefties, MP-64 satins, and MP-64 all blacks. The sole design is already maybe the best Mizzy has ever done as is the feel. Somebody please post some pics!
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 10.5 ATMOS TS Blue 6S 44.25” D5 14g/6g wts
    Cobra King F9 Speedback 4W & 6W ATMOS TS Blue 7S D3
    Miura CB57 4-PW KBS Tour Black Pearl S D5-D7
    Miura K-grind 52, 56, 60, & 64 KBS Wedge S D8
    Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794)
    Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder (2019)
    Pro V1X

Backup/travel: '18 M3 440, M1/M2 FW's, MP-64's and Vokey WedgeWorks 52F, 56V & 60V
  • martinbnsmartinbns Members  1979WRX Points: 32Handicap: 8.2Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    I've been playing the JPX800's since they came out in 2011 and really like them, looking forward to a waggle with the 850's.
    Posted:
    Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R
    BB Alpha 815 14 set +1 draw Speeder 665 S
    19 & 23 X2Hot Callaway
    5 to Gap JPX825
    Scotty Kombi
    54/10 Rotex 2.0 56 Tmag ATV

Advertisement
  • 24hrclown24hrclown Lady Golfer Members  187WRX Points: 0Handicap: 8.9Posts: 187
    If you don't like the finishes and looks, there's always Yoro Craft.
    Posted:
    PING G25 Driver & 3W
    PING G25 Hybrid 17º
    Epon AF-302 4i-PW
    Miura K Grind 52º, 60º & 64º
    Bettinardi Tour Stock BB34
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX  15972WRX Points: 1,377Posts: 15,972 ClubWRX

I hope we'll see a (S)GI iron
    How about the MP-H4 and soon to released H5?

Word has it, and it's just in the wind right now, though Mizzy may expand their domestic distribution for the H-4's and 5's through the gardening section of Home Depot image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Our rep would neither confirm nor deny-

Have a great season Alec image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.