OGIO Bags Worth the Extra Money?

I am need for a new Cart Bag. I am torn between the new Titleist or the OGIO Machu. I have had Titleist bags in the past and liked them, but do not think they last as long as they should. (Zippers and Such.) I have always been intrigued by OGIO bags, as I do not see that many of them out there, but when I do spot one, they seem to be a pretty quality product. Anyone have any opinions on OGIO? Are they worth the extra coin? Good or Bad.

Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana D+
Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a stand bag from OGIO back in 2000, and I still have it today and every zipper works and it has no tears. I mainly use it store clubs in now, but I only retired a year ago. I think they are well made and well worth the money.

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056

i had issues with my ogio stand bag. the legs sometimes didn't fully deploy and one of the 'backpack' straps started to tear away from the actual bag which was weird because back then I wasn't really walking as much (of course it happened after the warranty expired). My buddy had a grom and one of zippers broke after a few months of use. I ended up getting a titleist 14-way to replace my bag. HOWEVER, the ogio cart bag I used to own had no issues whatsoever. I sold to my buddy and he still uses it to this day. Also, one of the things I miss about the ogio was the dedicated putter well in my stand and cart bags

Ogio is top of the line. Bought a cart bag from Carls golf on ebay about a year ago. Probably the best bag I've ever owned. Better than anything from Sun Mt or bag boy for sure.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff
Wilson Staff 15* FW stiff
Wilson Staff D-100 19* hy
Adams CB3 4-GW KBS stock/stiff
Wilson Harmonized M3 putter/35"
Carbite 56* SW / Carbite TS 60* LW

Ogio bags are definitely top of the line for quality. The only gripe I have on mine (5-6 years) is that for a stand bag it is pretty dang heavy! For a cart bag I don't think you can go wrong with Ogio.

Titleist 909 D2 Diamana Blueboard
Titleist 909 F2 Diamana Blueboard
Mizuno MP69 3-P S300
Nike Engage 52 S - 56 TS - 60 S
Guerin Rife Cayman Brac
Sun Mountain SwiftX
Taylormade Tour Preferred

Ogio may make good bags, but just so you know..... their warranty SUCKS and they do NOT stand behind their products. I'd avoid them just for that.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

I've had the chamber cart bag for a few years now. All zippers and pockets still function. The locking technology of the "chamber" degrades a little over time. Clubs still don't clatter at all. If you decide to get one and you still have a military email (assumption based off your handle) - they are steeply discounted on promotive.com and govx.com. Both sites are legit and I use them often.

I love the Ogio bag, because I'm addicted to the Woode system. My first Grom lasted only a 3 years, but I wasn't in love with the design. I've had my current one going on 5 years and no tears, everything works. I agree the stand mechanism could be better, but I don't walk anymore so it's fine for me. Only thing I miss is the torque strap.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

I own one of the first Groms, still use it on and off after 8 years. With that said their current product is nothing like the originals. Cheaper materials, cheaper stitching. I bought a Ogio Sprint stand bag a little over a year ago (I play golf in Northern Michigan so that's only one 6 month season) and the inner ball pocket has come apart at the stitching and balls fall into the bottom of the bag. I filed a warranty claim with Ogio and they denied it despite providing pictures of the defect and the bag ID #. They said that they needed the original receipt or proof of purchase. Who keeps a receipt that long? I have never complained to Ogio before and have owned three of their bags. I paid $160 for a bag to last one 6 month season? Poor quality these days at Ogio and even poorer customer service. How much did that made-in-china lightweight/ plastic bag cost them to make? $10-$20... I think they could have sent a replacement.

Taylormade 320 driver

SYB-714 5-wood

GEOM Moe odds

GEOM 57/ 13

Kirkland ball

Halflight Golf Bag

[quote name='TitlePured' timestamp='1394722358' post='8862625']
I filed a warranty claim with Ogio and they denied it despite providing pictures of the defect and the bag ID #. They said that they needed the original receipt or proof of purchase.[/quote]

This is my beef with Ogio, only I had the receipt. They still denied it. Bastards. They lost me as a customer and I'll tell this every chance I get.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

I've owned a variety of bags over the past 15 years. The 2 that stand out are Ogio and Sun Mountain.

Functionality - Ogio has more bells and whistles, but they tend to be heavier.
Quality - Ogio and Sun Mountain both build a quality product
Leg droop...I've had it happen with every bag company eventually.
Warrenty...some have complained about Ogio...I've had them replace a bag that had an issue.

[quote name='YMark' timestamp='1394736216' post='8864247']
[quote name='TitlePured' timestamp='1394722358' post='8862625']
I filed a warranty claim with Ogio and they denied it despite providing pictures of the defect and the bag ID #. They said that they needed the original receipt or proof of purchase.[/quote]

This is my beef with Ogio, only I had the receipt. They still denied it. Bastards. They lost me as a customer and I'll tell this every chance I get.
[/quote]

I agree, at the price you pay for the bag they would be wise to replace it. The bag I wanted replaced was made in 2012, sold in 2013. I provided pictures of the torn pocket and the bag ID #. I told them that this was my 3rd Ogio bag and the first time I've filed for a replacement. After they denied my claim, I responded by saying that I would not buy another Ogio bag and would not recommend them to anyone I come across. That was a few days ago and no response. I'm not sure who's running that department at Ogio, but within reason, it's a big mistake to make a long term customer unhappy. If this was my second or third replacement attempt, I could see there stance. The $25 it would cost them to send another bag will lose them a dozen sales in the future. They offered me a 40% off code for another bag. A slap in the face as I just spent $160 on a bag that didn't last a year... sure, let me give you another $100! My kids and wife will be playing golf in the next year or two, they will be using Sun Mountain bags.

Anyone who owned one of the original Ogio bags in their first couple years knows that their current product is of much cheaper quality.

Taylormade 320 driver

SYB-714 5-wood

GEOM Moe odds

GEOM 57/ 13

Kirkland ball

Halflight Golf Bag

I've had my Ogio Ozone XX carry bag for over a year and a half, probably about 100 rounds of carrying and 50 on a cart. When I bought it the pro shop keeper did say Ogio has the most returns due to broken zippers etc. but I haven't had any issues whatsoever with mine. I do handle my bag with care so that might be a requirement.

The pockets on it fit all of my needs, the ball silo and Velcro for the glove are great plus the Woode 3.0 divider with the handle at the top is something I probably can't ever move away from. The shoulder straps are also the most comfortable and durable I've come across (of course this isn't an issue for you as you're looking for a cart bag).

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Had an Ogio Kingpin for about 2 years and it looked just as good the day I sold it as it did when I bought it. All zippers held up great and never had any tearing issues with keeping it on the cart. I had the plaid model and never noticed any wear marks either. Just picked up a staff bag the other day since I wanted something without the 14 way divider on top, but wanted something similar in size. Hoping this bag will last me as long if not longer.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

Ogio Sultan for the past 2 seasons. I use it with my Clicgear 3.0. The only issue I've had was the little rubber tab on the zipper came off. I just glued it back in place. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. It may be on the heavier side but I push so it's no big deal!

Titleist 910 D3 7.5* w/ GD AD DI 6 stiff
Titleist 915 FD 15* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Titleist 910 F 19* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Mizuno MP 15 4-PW w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM5 52* F w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey TVD 56* w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM6 60* S w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Piretti Matera Rev 2.0

• 3 months later...

I purchased an Ogio Ozone XX stand bag last August and after about 6 rounds, the zipper on the main compartment broke. I have currently been approved for a warranty replacement; however, after a couple of weeks since the initial confirmation, I have not heard anything from them. I will keep you posted, but like others have said, their communication and follow-up leaves a lot to be desired.

I always bought Ogio having discovered them through a Callaway branded stand bag some years ago.

The design is 1st class in my opinion, obviously informed by someone who really understands what golfers need - everything just seems to be in the right place.

I've had a few carry and cart bags and currently have an Aquatech cart bag. The Aquatech is completely waterproof although access to the pockets is a bit tight so I'm looking for something more practical for summer use.

I agree with Primexcel though, I've had two bags with the ZBP and they both failed. This is the one aspect of Ogio design that I don't really understand. If you play with a premium ball you probably value security over easy access and exactly when did pulling a zipper two or three times a round become such an issue?

Love the bags though.

My Recoil from 2 years ago just started falling apart, large pocket on the right side completely split open into the club compartment. This was my 3rd ogio and I only bought it because of the ridiculous sale they had going on at the time. Now that I've realized how bad their warranty is and that they don't cover anything regardless, they've lost me as a customer.

I have a brand new 2014 Ogio Chamber Carbon cart bag for sale. PM me if you're interested.

Cobra Aerojet Max 9* Graphite Design ADHD6
TM Stealth 2 HD 16* Fujikura 757
TM Stealth 2 HD 20* Hybrid KBS Tour Graphite Prototype
Titleist T100s Black 4-AW Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM8 Black Edition 54* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Buttonback NP2 w/ LAGP 135

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 & NP2+ w/ MMT Putter Shaft
Scotty Cameron H21 w/ Stability Tour Shaft

Scotty Cameron 9.5 Triple Black

Scotty Cameron 7.2 Limited w/ MMT Putter Shaft