2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Tried playing stuff that's easier to hit but at best I can keep a mallet like the EV12 as a backup I simply cannot force myself to consistently use something that I don't love to look at Bought a Mezz 1 from LAB for example thinking that it will click and I won't care what I putt with cause I'm making putts, but I hated the look so much that it never made it out of the putting carpet at home... soon for sale Settled for putting with my two blades and focusing on improving the stroke and my commitment to the stroke... my putts per round have been dropping consistently
  3. I've never understood the long left thumb thing. I know this kinda contradicts my previous post, but I've never seen how it can provide a secure hold at the top of the backswing.
  4. A grip that falls somewhere between what @iacas recommends and what Hogan recommended has always been best for me. I spent 15 years fiddling with my left hand grip to find a comfortable place, but hated it too much in the fingers like many advocate. I don't think there's one correct grip - just one that allows you to keep control of the the shaft and return the club correctly to the ball. I know that I can hit a few balls without having to regrip the club because it's secure. OP, you have to find the grip that does this for you.
  5. Yeah I assume he got a start this week as he obviously couldn't play at harbour town due to it being elevated? A win this week would be mindblowing! He is my favourite to watch on Youtube for sure, i'm more excited for this than harbour town now. Hopefully he can keep it going as his wedge game has been off lately - but it seems his tee ball and putting was really good during this 1st round!
  6. Those are my GOAT shafts. Loved them when I was able to swing them. I still have an R flex one soft tipped in my 7 wood. I have had that shaft in that club for 15 years now ever since the stock one broke off at the head
  7. I like my Edel Brick putter a decent amount but still feel like it could be refined more to fit my personal needs. I love the shape, but it is rather long heel-to-toe and I like the shaft set in the right in the middle of the blade(face-to-rear). I am very adept at striking the center of the putter(any putter for that matter) but sometimes lose sense of face angle and path, so I’m gonna create my own “brick” putter. Gonna start with a simple 304 stainless square bar, 1-1/4”. Putter blade will be 2.5” long(mini). I plan to camber the sole to allow for a nice glide, and will mill/drill out ports for USGA regulatory reasons, as well as weight reduction. I think the added face height will make strikes feel more pure, as most putters are 1” tall or less, but a golf ball center is roughly 0.84” off the ground. I will post pics when finished.
  8. Martin Hall (on Golf Channel's "School of Golf") did a segment on a tempo tip (can't find the actual clip... but remember him using the mantra "KPMG" i.e. saying "KP" on the backswing, and then "MG" on the forward stroke. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="School+of+Golf"+"Martin+Hall"
  9. Whatever anyone wants to make of GP ... whatever. The fact that he can put a swing like he did on the ball a week ago at 88 freakin years old is extraordinary. I've seen people in their 40s that can't move like that. On this site, even 😂 That said, Arnie is the King. I was at the Senior US Open at Pinehurst back in '94 I think it was. Somewhere around then - was old enough to drive me and my best buddy there from Harnett County. I was all ecstatic to meet Jack, Arnie and Lee. Ya know, the legends you always heard about back then. We were hanging out by where they roll out from the locker room to head to the range. And we're kids, ya know. Jack was a complete gentleman, signed an autograph, thanked us and went on his way. Cool man, it's freakin Jack Nicklaus. Trevino was actually kind of a jerk and didn't seem to want much to do with us aside from sign an autograph. It was cool man, still love ya. But Arnie. He stopped. And talked to us. I don't remember what he said to Josh but I remember the gist of what he said to me after I was all "Can I have your autograph, Mr Palmer?." "Of course, son. How's your game?" And I was like "Uh uh uh ... well, I did shoot 71 at our last match." "That's a real good score! I'll look for you on tour! Keep practicing." And just flashed that Arnie smile, shook my hand and went on his way. I've done a lot of cool stuff and met a lot of cool heroes but that one - what, 30 years later? - stands out the most because he took a second to be cool and kind and make a dumb kid bothering him feel kinda special. That's the magic of Arnie and why every story you hear about him, as far as I'm concerned, is true. Cuz I'm one of them.
  10. Today
  11. I presume you are a member now. Question, did the initiation fee increase while you were waiting? If so, were you charged the initiation price at the time you went on the list? Or the current price at the time you were admitted?
  12. -5 twice at my home course. Both rounds were about a year apart when I was playing more than normal trying to play my best golf. I also had equipment changes already in the mail so they were the last rounds with certain clubs. Differential wise they were 3.4. I've got three -3 rounds from the tips that are also 3.4 differential.
  13. You omitted a crucial part in bold below. The 9 hole differential is based on all players with the same Index not the individual. How is a golfer’s expected score determined to create an 18-hole Score Differential? Once the player’s 9-hole Score Differential has been calculated, it is combined with an expected Score Differential based on the player’s current Handicap Index to create an 18-hole Score Differential. The expected score is based on the average Score Differential of a player with a given Handicap Index and a normal distribution of scores – so it is not specific to each player. An expected score can be thought of as a neutral value, meaning that a good 9-hole round (relative to the player’s ability) will result in a good 18-hole Score Differential. An average 9-hole round will result in an average 18-hole Score Differential, etc.
  14. I use a Brnr Mini 13.5 as my driver with my minimalist set. Full setup goes Mini-7w-3-5-7-9-PW-52-58-Putter. 3 iron stays in since it's the perfect club on two of the par 3s at my course and I'm not super confident taking some off of the 7w.
  15. Stay away from FL if you're not a beach fanatic! And even if you are, the insurance is becoming absolutely insane within 30 miles of the coasts. South Florida, anything on the east coast south of Port St Lucie sucks and anything on the west coast, Tampa and south, is all becoming a nightmare (traffic, crime, living expenses, over population). Yes, there's a lot of great golf and I play tournaments all over the state, but it comes with a lot of negatives. I grew up in South Florida, left for 20 years, then came back and have been here for the past 17, so I know. There is a reason why the term "halfback" came into existence. Halfback is someone from northern or western US moves to Florida, then realizes how stupid they were, then moves half way back to where they came from. Sure everyone who gets snow in the winter thinks Florida is great in the winter. Good, save for a vacation every winter (a month or two if you're retired), visit Florida, then go to better places. Even friends I know who have the money and have two or three homes, regret living here but they're stuck because of family. BTW, fingers crossed, I have a moving truck coming in 19 days and leaving FL. One positive for me is people are still moving here so I sold high and already building a bigger house elsewhere for 64% of what it would cost in FL. Seriously, maybe 3-7 years when you're ready, research, deep dive into what living here will actually be for retirement. A lot of well to do retirees who live here are leaving because they lost too much money to expenses or can't afford the condo assessments, or just realize they can be much happier else where because of a better lifestyle.
  16. Welcome to the internet. Your reply is a year old and he used the Qi10 at Augusta, but thanks for your contribution effort.
  17. The farthest right bunker of the bunkers on the left of #4 at Pacific. Normally it is very windswept and a foot deep gap under the lip. Also the GIANT bunker on the left of 18 at Pac. Sand honestly plays deeper than what’s on the beach, combine that with the likely slope you are on and, oof.
  18. 54 for me 9/10. Mainly played off the right toe. My troubles start when i put it too far forward in my stance.
  19. Well, there are differences between each make and model (Ford Rangers= Tacoma or Yugo). Remember these changes from year to year aren’t only in design, but in SHAFTS and grips. Find a wand you like and stop being a ho. Only thing my wife has been right about.
  20. I've ordered an Open Championship bomber jacket and a Ryder Cup Whistling Straits hooded sweater from similar vendors--the quality is pretty good and they make great conversation pieces. Obviously they come from somewhere deep in central China. Shipping is fairly quick as well. Frankly, why pay an exorbitant premium for "licensed" clothing.
  21. Love it, I am ready to be judged TSR2 w/ Tour AD HD 6s Cobra Darkspeed 3 wood with PX Hulk 6s Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood with GD AD DI 4-PW Miura MC502 with Graphite Design i110 stiff 50/56/60 Artisan Wedges (Zipcore 6s on the way) w/ Steelfiber i90 stiff SC Super Rat I w/ Stability Tour 2
  22. I despise bulky magnetic covers. Sure the velcro covers may eventually wear out--so if you can afford a Cameron putter, you can afford $40 bucks for a new cover every 5 years or so...
  1. Load more activity