It just me or are a lot of pros switching to Nippon Iron Shafts?

aswo3332

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1432174361' post='11598078']
I am about 10 rounds in with the Modus 120X in my i25s and I love them. Distance wise, they are same as the C-Taper and I can swing smooth or hard and get same results. My stock 9-iron is 150. I was playing a hole with a right to left wind and pin was 165 - I was able to really go after a 9 iron with a little draw to ride the wind and the shaft was smooth and stable.

I was second guessing my choice for the X flex, but it is perfect for me.

Now, I will get to see how the Modus 130 compares. I am going to throw a set of those into a set of Mizuno MP32s. I think that combo will be sick.
[/quote]

Modus 120 and 130 seem to be completely different beasts. If you love the 120, it seems like 130 may not be the way to go, but it also may be worth it and fun to try out if you have the time and money.

So I tweeted over to Nippon yesterday to ask about the ST protos and told them how much I loved them. I asked when they were coming to retail and he said to stay tuned. So not sure how long that means, but looks like they are definitely going to plan to release them. Maybe they are waiting to compete with the AMT shafts? Progressive weighting, and flighting? can you do both?

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='av1084' timestamp='1432175185' post='11598178']
I am about 10 rounds in with the Modus 120X in my i25s and I love them. Distance wise, they are same as the C-Taper and I can swing smooth or hard and get same results. My stock 9-iron is 150. I was playing a hole with a right to left wind and pin was 165 - I was able to really go after a 9 iron with a little draw to ride the wind and the shaft was smooth and stable.

Now, I will get to see how the Modus 130 compares. I am going to throw a set of those into a set of Mizuno MP32s. I think that combo will be sick.
[/quote]

Modus 120 and 130 seem to be completely different beasts. If you love the 120, it seems like 130 may not be the way to go, but it also may be worth it and fun to try out if you have the time and money.
[/quote]

They are different. I would not have bought the 130s unless I got a good deal on some pulls. Fun to try and I have the heads on the MP32 ready

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

[/quote]

I might need to drive over and try those out. I'm considering building a second set of irons mainly to try out some different shafts. I think I'd fit into the 130 according to marks swing characteristics but who knows. I don't think I'm getting enough spin with the super peening oranges, mid irons have been rolling out a bit and every single short iron I hit from the rough is coming out like a flyer and going long. I flew a PW pin high and then one big bounce over into jail from 160, I normally hit pw ~140.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1432218171' post='11600570']

[/quote]

I might need to drive over and try those out. I'm considering building a second set of irons mainly to try out some different shafts. I think I'd fit into the 130 according to marks swing characteristics but who knows. I don't think I'm getting enough spin with the super peening oranges, mid irons have been rolling out a bit and every single short iron I hit from the rough is coming out like a flyer and going long. I flew a PW pin high and then one big bounce over into jail from 160, I normally hit pw ~140.
[/quote]

I have an ap2 6 iron with a modus 130 stiff I would sell if your interested in trying before you buy. PM me if interested.

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1432218171' post='11600570']

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is my fun set - so I can send you over the 6 iron to try once I build them. I need to get some green and white ferrules first.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

[quote name='Wardonation' timestamp='1432144513' post='11594780'][quote name='aswo3332' timestamp='1431720581' post='11565568']
I just pulled the trigger on a 6 iron with 120 S. I'm playing PX 5.5 now so hopefully these give similar performance with better feel.
[/quote] I have 5-pw in 120 S if you are interested? I played them five rounds...[/quote]

I just tried to PM you, but your Inbox is full...Please PM me with your asking price for this set of shafts. Thanks!

Bridgestone Tour B - X driver + FUJIKURA Speeder757 Evolution III 
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + ALDILA NV Green 75s
BRIDGESTONE Tour B XD-H 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO Pro221 + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/MP-T22

BETTINARDI BB-1f 

BRIDGESTONE TOUR B RX 

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1432205360' post='11599412']
So I tweeted over to Nippon yesterday to ask about the ST protos and told them how much I loved them. I asked when they were coming to retail and he said to stay tuned. So not sure how long that means, but looks like they are definitely going to plan to release them. Maybe they are waiting to compete with the AMT shafts? Progressive weighting, and flighting? can you do both?
[/quote]

What is the "feel" of the ST Proto? Also can you give some insight into the ball flight?

[quote name='rmauritz' timestamp='1432372628' post='11612504']
[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1432205360' post='11599412']
[/quote]

What is the "feel" of the ST Proto? Also can you give some insight into the ball flight?
[/quote]

Feel is very smooth. Softer in the hands it seems with a stiffer tip. Trajectory is really nice piercing almost but also easily can flight the all really high or lower. Seems like I have great control. They are light though and mine seem to either be a different batch or something haha by most here have stated theirs are around 110g where as mine were at 100

The 110g-115g is the uncut weight of mine, but trimmed up they would be 100g. As far as flight and feel I can compare to the 125X. The 125X is lower flight and spin. The ST proto help to launch long irons a little higher, for some this could really help. ST Proto is definitely a lighter feel in all irons not like I envision the AMT would be with short irons feeling standard and long irons feeling light. The swing weight feels fine as far as timing goes, you only really notice the lighter weight in the backswing.

Titleist 915 D4 Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
3 wood PXG 341 True Temper HZRDUS 75X
2 iron 716 TMB TTDG AMT X100
4-9 Epon AF-302 TTDG AMT ti X100
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60L TTDG ti S400
SC Circle T 009 Brushed Black Pearl 350g

[quote name='DuckHook02' timestamp='1432494160' post='11618932']
Do the 125x play true to flex? My 7-iron swing speed is approx. 93mph. When I've played DG, I've used both X100 and X100 soft stepped...and could still play them pretty interchangeable now.

Thought on whether I go 125x straight in or soft stepped?
[/quote]

I would say the 125S play a little bit softer to flex. No sure on the X flex though. That said, these are the best shafts I have ever used (125S standard in J15CBs). Period.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Long time DG player and just went with Nippon SPB. Played X100 soft stepped and put these X flex straight in. So far love the way these feel. The trajectory seems to be a little flatter and that's what i was looking for. Shafts are very smooth.

I have two extra SPB X flex brand new uncut wedges shafts that i will not be using. If anyone is looking for some PM me.

thanks
kyle

2017 M1 AD-DI 7x
EXOTIC CB4 PRO 15* AD-DI 8X
EXOTIC CB4 HYBRID 19* AD-DI 95X
PXG 0311 4-PW TI S400
VOKEY SM5 50,54,58 S400
ButtonBack T10

Just ordered a set of 714 CB's with 120's today. Will give feedback once I hit them some.

Titleist TSi2 10° w/Ventus Blue 6x w/VeloCore

Titleist TSi2 15° w/Ventus Blue 7x w/VeloCore
Titleist TSi2 21° w/Ventus Blue 8x w/VeloCore
Titleist T100S (2021) 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52.12F, 56.10S, and 60.08M
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 34"
Pro V1

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1432725345' post='11634230']
Are the Nippon NS Pro 1150GH Tour akin, in terms of bend profile and/or playing charateristics, to any of the Pro Modus offerings? Or are they a different animal to any of them?
[/quote]

They are lighter and should have a higher flight i believe. Someone please correct me if wrong.

Also, Mark may have mentioned it before so you could also try hitting the search box for this thread only

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1432737698' post='11635354']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1432725345' post='11634230']
Are the Nippon NS Pro 1150GH Tour akin, in terms of bend profile and/or playing charateristics, to any of the Pro Modus offerings? Or are they a different animal to any of them?
[/quote]

They are lighter and should have a higher flight i believe. Someone please correct me if wrong.

Also, Mark may have mentioned it before so you could also try hitting the search box for this thread only
[/quote]

Couldn't find any reference to it on this thread, or anywhere else to be honest. Just to correct you on one point though. 1150gh Stiff flex is 116g and Pro Modus 120 Stiff flex is 114g, so the 1150gh isn't lighter. Of course, the Pro Modus comes in many guises (120, 130, 125, ST and many other Prototypes), so they're not a one trick pony, and I was wondering if Mark could chip in with any advice as to which one of the Pro Modus range plays closest to the 1150gh, if any of course.