TSA Just Stole my SC Circle T....Help!

amair

[quote name='jschwarb' timestamp='1451774845' post='12793358']
[quote name='wwhitehead' timestamp='1451745244' post='12791730']
Hard lesson to learn. Don't know if insurance will help, but you won't see that putter again.

WW
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. Keep an eye on ebay. Maybe even see if big pawn shops in the area where you visited deal in golf clubs. Thieves are gonna sell somewhere ...
[/quote]
Or he plays golf and just got a new putter.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1451775243' post='12793384']
Hard lesson to learn. Don't know if insurance will help, but you won't see that putter again.

WW
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. Keep an eye on ebay. Maybe even see if big pawn shops in the area where you visited deal in golf clubs. Thieves are gonna sell somewhere ...
[/quote]
[/quote]

The person that took it knew the value, obviously.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1451775243' post='12793384']

WW
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Opt to sell it in any market and you take the chance of the theft being discovered. Add it to your own bag and put a new cover on it - it becomes a new putter in the bag.

Or they might just try to sell it to a friend who plays. But whatever price he gets for it doesn't come close to the sentimental value the putter had to the OP.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

That's a pretty brazen thing to do and my first thought is that it's not the first time whoever lifted it has taken something.
Had to be a golfer to know what it was, and the value
You also typically know the people who you work with that are golfers because people tend to talk about the things they are passionate about.
I'd start by calling the airline, both airports, TSA and anyone else I could get ahold of, and offer up some kind of reward to get it back, or for information about what might have happened.
People tend to be willing to roll over on someone when they think there might be something in it for them.

Also, If you paid for your trip with a major CC like Amex, I'd find out if you have any coverage available to you in these type of situations.
Renters/HO insurance might be your last recourse, but a golf club that's worth more than some used cars might also be something they would want an endorsement for.
Sorry for the loss man, that really sucks

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1451783240' post='12793920']
That's a pretty brazen thing to do and my first thought is that it's not the first time whoever lifted it has taken something.
Had to be a golfer to know what it was, and the value
You also typically know the people who you work with that are golfers because people tend to talk about the things they are passionate about.
I'd start by calling the airline, both airports, TSA and anyone else I could get ahold of, and offer up some kind of reward to get it back, or for information about what might have happened.
People tend to be willing to roll over on someone when they think there might be something in it for them.

Also, If you paid for your trip with a major CC like Amex, I'd find out if you have any coverage available to you in these type of situations.
Renters/HO insurance might be your last recourse, but a golf club that's worth more than some used cars might also be something they would want an endorsement for.
Sorry for the loss man, that really sucks
[/quote]

I think everyone is going to be surprised. The airlines don't mess around with this and it is going to be very hard for this person to get out of the airport with a golf club. I'm sure he could snap it in half but I bet the airline is going to have pictures of who stole it within an hour or two.

They know exactly where your bag went basically down to the minute. The person who stole it is really stupid. It's not a guarantee that you'll get your putter back but they'll catch the guy.

I've never had a club stolen but I've had a couple range finders disappear and it took a couple hours to catch the guy. Last time it happened Southwest told me to go buy a new one and send them the receipt and I had a check waiting for me by the time I got home. As soon as they had video evidence that it was one of their people they took responsibility and took care of the employee.

^agreed

Most airlines take this stuff seriously. I travel a good amount for work and quite literally the first thing I do the minute I get my sticks is check them individually to make sure nothing is broken. Had a good friend whose Scotty was mangled - AA had him taken care of within 30 days.

Not that you're publicly outing them as they haven't had a chance to even correct yet, but what airline were you flying?

Hope this all works out - I'm sure karma will swing this back in your direction!

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1451758796' post='12792500']
[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1451754533' post='12792246']
TSA is a such a joke.
[/quote]

What's worse is that they don't actually even do anything. Pure [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater"]security theater[/url].
[/quote]

You do know TSA is an acronym for Thugs Standing Around right?

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I dont know, if you're a baggage handler who is inclined to steal, I feel like there are much easier ways that you can steal stuff that is a lot more valuable and easier to make off with. If they are going to be inclined to steal, its a lot easier for these guys to just go through bags in the belly of the plane and grab wallets or ipads or cameras or jewelry. Much easier to shove in your jacket than a putter.

If it really does happen to be a baggage handler who is a golfer and who also knows the value of a Circle T - it seems like it is so much easier to steal $2-3k worth of jewelry and then buy a Circle T then to steal a putter and try to make off with it.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1451833165' post='12795756']
I dont know, if you're a baggage handler who is inclined to steal, I feel like there are much easier ways that you can steal stuff that is a lot more valuable and easier to make off with. If they are going to be inclined to steal, its a lot easier for these guys to just go through bags in the belly of the plane and grab wallets or ipads or cameras or jewelry. Much easier to shove in your jacket than a putter.

If it really does happen to be a baggage handler who is a golfer and who also knows the value of a Circle T - it seems like it is so much easier to steal $2-3k worth of jewelry and then buy a Circle T then to steal a putter and try to make off with it.
[/quote]

A friend of mine was a handler for United part time. (Firefighters working shift hours can easily manage part time gigs) He told me that the biggest items he had heard were being taken were electronics items and jewelry. But he also said that some of the handlers had been terminated for taking more personal items. (Use your imagination as to what people take with them in luggage)

Alaska Airlines recently terminated some handlers for playing "toss the baggage", a game where they see who can toss a suitcase the longest distance. Who knows how many belongings got broken.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

While everyone is busy blaming TSA for the theft, I'm guessing once a bag has been searched by TSA many baggage handlers will also come into contact with the bag and thus have the opportunity to steal. Easy for the baggage handler to get the club out. Snap the shaft put the head in his/her pocket. Boom goes the dynamite.

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1451833165' post='12795756']

[/quote]

Crooks don't end up that way because they make really good decisions.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

DO NOT STOP until you get satisfaction. Be THAT GUY!

Everyone you'll contact with the TSA, airline, and insurance company has a boss. It's too easy for a stranger to say, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do."

Do Not accept this answer and keep pushing up the food chain, even if it takes a week, month, or hell, a year.

Good Luck and don't give up.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Sucks that it happened but my question to you is did you have a lock on it? If so was the lock broken? If not then it was more likely that it was TSA as baggage handlers dont mess with bags that have locks unless TSA leaves them unlocked. It sucks but it is the reason I either use ship sticks, rent clubs or use my set that has nothing special in the bag. Hope it all works out for you.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

[quote name='kejoal11' timestamp='1451845280' post='12796478']
Sucks that it happened but my question to you is did you have a lock on it? If so was the lock broken? If not then it was more likely that it was TSA as baggage handlers dont mess with bags that have locks unless TSA leaves them unlocked. It sucks but it is the reason I either use ship sticks, rent clubs or use my set that has nothing special in the bag. Hope it all works out for you.
[/quote]

A lock on a travel cover will get cut every time.

Did the putter have a Cameron or Circle T headcover on it? Might be wise for us to use a generic when flying with clubs.

Ping G400 SFT 12*

Ping G 5W 19*

Ping G  7W 21.5*

Ping G410 5 Hybrid 25*

Mizuno JPX 923 HM HL 6-GW

Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport Mil Spec 340g @ 34”

Bettinardi BB1 350g @ 34”

OP: Start a thread over on www.flyertalk.com and look for advice there. Will be by far the best Internet resource for you to get satisfaction on this situation.

So sorry this has happened to you. I would give my overall opinion of the TSA but I do not want to receive a second one-month break from the forums.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Pre 9/11 I had a chance to tour behind the scenes at two local airports as part of my business school program. There were almost no areas in the chain that I can remember where baggage handlers are completely alone with clubs/bags where there are not either 1 - other people there or 2 - trucks coming in and out of an area. Granted this was 15 years ago but I have to believe (?) that post-9/11 the camera coverage is even more intense.

This is why - I've been told - most of the theft that goes on actually goes on inside the cargo hold of the plane and its items that can easily be pocketed.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Pre 9/11 I had a chance to tour behind the scenes at two local airports as part of my business school program. There were almost no areas in the chain that I can remember where baggage handlers are completely alone with clubs/bags where there are not either 1 - other people there or 2 - trucks coming in and out of an area. Granted this was 15 years ago but I have to believe (?) that post-9/11 the camera coverage is even more intense.

This is why - I've been told - most of the theft that goes on actually goes on inside the cargo hold of the plane and its items that can easily be pocketed.

I've done so much travel and having been down this road I can back up what you're saying. It is really hard for those guys to steal a golf club. The worst one I've been through was a Leupold range finder about a year ago but Southwest took care of it in no time.

After reading about this horrible theft I am going to start taking pictures of my clubs before I close my bag with my phone for evidence. I travel a lot. I usually always take the heads off my woods so they don't get dinged and I put them in bubble wrap in the head covers. Many of the agents have done a half a** job going through it. I haven't had anything to my knowledge stolen as of yet.

Best of luck getting the putter back!

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

WW

My thoughts exactly.

Opt to sell it in any market and you take the chance of the theft being discovered. Add it to your own bag and put a new cover on it - it becomes a new putter in the bag.

Or they might just try to sell it to a friend who plays. But whatever price he gets for it doesn't come close to the sentimental value the putter had to the OP.

I'll buy that the thief knew what he was stealing. Not buying that he put it in his own bag. Good grief, can you imagine the wrath from the golf Gods? He'd never make anything on the greens ever again.

My dad had like $400 cash taken out of his bag... $0 returned.

I actually have my clubs insured of my home owners policy. Sorry this happened to you. sux.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag