Callaway XR Pro - 14*- "like new" - $57

Warrick

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact Callaway Pre-Owned, they will make it right...

9.5* Callaway Rogue ST Max / MR Tensei Blue 55

15* TaylorMade SIM Ti / MR Diamana Limited FW 75

17.5* TaylorMade GAPR Hi / KBS Hybrid

21* Callaway Mavrik Max TC / MR Kuro Kage Black TiNi

5-GW Cobra Forged Tec X / KBS Tour Lite

52, 58* Ping Glide 4.0 / ZZ 115

Odyssey White Hot Sabertooth

Got mine last week, mint condition. Got to hit it yesterday and was impressed, it's a keeper for sure. Thanks again OP

Agreed, heck of a club for the price.

Still in stock....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Mine arrives with a scratched up crown and a couple chips out of it. I'll contact CPO and I'm confident they'll make it right. Thanks again, OP.

Just an update. Called CGPO and within three minutes of dialing the number I have a replacement headed out my way and a prepaid return label for the one I received. This is typical of my experience with CGPO. I will update when the new one arrives.

Mine arrives with a scratched up crown and a couple chips out of it. I'll contact CPO and I'm confident they'll make it right. Thanks again, OP.

Just an update. Called CGPO and within three minutes of dialing the number I have a replacement headed out my way and a prepaid return label for the one I received. This is typical of my experience with CGPO. I will update when the new one arrives.

Had a virtually identical experience with CPO's Customer Service just now (took 4 minutes instead of 3, but I called the wrong extension initially so that's on me! Lol). No questions asked, immediately set me up with a replacement and a return label for the beat up club. Beyond impressed with these guys!

How does this deal still exist? Are people just too afraid of the "Pro" label to pull the trigger on it? Thats the only reason I can think of for how they haven't sold out by now....

If anyone is on the fence, the trade in value is more than the cost so... You get the picture.

And not just that. Even if you get it to try out and don't like it.... With Golfsmith's 50% trade-in bonus (which I confirmed in-store yesterday will be going on until April 17th) and their listed trade-in value for the club ($50.05 in excellent condition), you can get $20 more than you paid for the club in the first place towards a brand new stick! I just bought another, just so I can trade it in for a brand new Mizuno S5 wedge at $119 with my custom specs and shaft! That's the best price you can find on one anywhere!

Edit: Final price on the S5 will be $109+tax, so essentially $119. Don't worry, I know that 129-20 does not equal 119 :cheesy:

Edit 2: Totally forgot about the $25 of $125+ orders as well (which plays before the trade-in credit), so its even cheaper than I said! More like $94 for a new custom Mizzy S5 Wedge!

How does this deal still exist? Are people just too afraid of the "Pro" label to pull the trigger on it? Thats the only reason I can think of for how they haven't sold out by now....

If anyone is on the fence, the trade in value is more than the cost so... You get the picture.

And not just that. Even if you get it to try out and don't like it.... With Golfsmith's 50% trade-in bonus (which I confirmed in-store yesterday will be going on until April 17th) and their listed trade-in value for the club ($50.05 in excellent condition), you can get $20 more than you paid for the club in the first place towards a brand new stick! I just bought another, just so I can trade it in for a brand new Mizuno S5 wedge at $119 with my custom specs and shaft! That's the best price you can find on one anywhere!

Yep, "Pro" label, small head, non-adjustable, just a real piece of crap...lol.

My buddy has the normal XR, this is not that much smaller.

I actually think the lack of an alignment ad scares some off. I hate em, line the ball up on the toe anyway.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I actually think the lack of an alignment ad scares some off. I hate em, line the ball up on the toe anyway.

I actually prefer the smaller head on it:

1. Its SOOOOO freaking easy to hit off the deck!

2. It doesn't sacrifice any distance for me compared to the bigger headed XR

3. I don't have issues with hitting too big of a draw with it either!

Who needs an alignment aid anyways? If you're unsure as to where exactly you are aiming, just look at where your feet are pointing! Lol

Good luck with those replacement clubs, last one I got from then was worse than the first one.

Given that at least 80% of commenters have gotten clubs that were either unhit or still plastic wrapped, odds are good that I won't get another bad one*.

*While it may sound like I've fallen victim to the Gambler's fallacy, I'm still more than happy to gamble on the replacement. It may not be a 96% chance, but an 80% chance of a like new club arriving is plenty good enough for me!

Took mine out on the course yesterday, was hitting it further than my driver. Color me impressed! I ordered "Good" condition, it showed some light signs of wear but perfectly acceptable. And included stock headcover. Best deal in a while!

Ping G425 Max 9*// Ventus Velo Black 6x
TM Stealth+ 15* // HZRDUS Smoke Red 6.5
Ping G425 Hybrid 19* // Tensei Pro Orange 80S
Mizuno 919 Forged 4-GW // KBS Tour V 110 S
Ping Glide 3.0 56.14* WS / SM7 Raw 60.04* // S200
Ping Redwood ZB // Lamkin Sinkfit Straight

I hit mine for the first time today and while I love the feel the head just looks too small behind the ball compared to my TEE XCG7 Beta woods. I'm going to throw it on BST. Wonder how much I could get for the head and head cover? I wouldn't mind keeping the shaft. The one I got is dead mint so if anyone wants to avoid the CPO Russian roulette PM me and I'll sell for the same price. The shipping is on me.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Surprised they are still available. Main reason I am not jumping is I got in on the TM Aeroburner TP, and don't get out to play much as it is (went to the driving range and hit my irons straight, large push slice on the 3 wood).

I am looking at the Mac Daddy 2 58 wedge though http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP3LHII/

Surprised they are still available. Main reason I am not jumping is I got in on the TM Aeroburner TP, and don't get out to play much as it is (went to the driving range and hit my irons straight, large push slice on the 3 wood).

I am looking at the Mac Daddy 2 58 wedge though http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP3LHII/

R Flex on a wedge? No thank you

contrary to popular belief, people here are allowed to game R flex shafts...not sure what your post actually accomplishes (except the obvious), considering he wasn't trying to convince anyone, but himself, to buy that wedge. 77Pat, get what you want and welcome to GolfWrx (welcome a bit belated, I see..)

All Ping...tastefully done!
Ping G430 Max

Ping G430 Max 3w

Ping G425 3 Hybrid

Ping icrossover 3i
Ping G425 5-SW
Ping Glide 4.0 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Hoofer Tour or Craz-e-Lite Stand Bag
Chrome Soft Truvis Stars & Stripes

contrary to popular belief, people here are allowed to game R flex shafts...not sure what your post actually accomplishes (except the obvious), considering he wasn't trying to convince anyone, but himself, to buy that wedge. 77Pat, get what you want and welcome to GolfWrx (welcome a bit belated, I see..)

Was a comment based on my needs. I said no thank you for a R flex wedge personally. People are free to game whatever they please or fits them best. It certainly was not meant as a referendum on R flex wedges as a whole or those who prefer them.

How have I not pulled the trigger on this deal yet? And how does it still exist!?

Yep, on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00QRJAKYE/ref=olp_f_usedVeryGood?ie=UTF8&f_usedLikeNew=true

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I got the 16* from CPO on ebay. Looks brand new, sole is completely shiny and without any marks. Only minor issue is a small mark on the back of the head from shipping or something else. Otherwise perfect. Hitting the range after work.

Right, same thing with mine, on the back seam, and the damn thing came in a bag and that was it, but yeah the headcover was separate in a new pkg. Why not put the f'n head cover on.

Mine is at the seam on the back, very small and not visible from address.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x