Titleist high end irons/driver with color pictures.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to see a fitting head of the C16 irons and they look awesome.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

It looks like the merged the T-MB, AP1 & AP2 into one iron.

I literally thought the exact same thing.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Wonder if you can order the C16 through their college program?

No PUD or discounts of any kind cost wise. Just like the MOTO program.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Wonder if you can order the C16 through their college program?

No PUD or discounts of any kind cost wise. Just like the MOTO program.

No D4 either?

Yep. No PUD or College discount on D4, 714Tmb or any C16 stuff.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

So I know that pros aren't allowed to play these because the clubs are just THAT good, but do you think any of them will surreptitiously make fitting appointments in Carlsbad and try to score one? Like do you think Jordan will just have Mike Greller call up and book an appointment for "Ron Mexico," and then just show up and get fit, maybe wearing a fake beard or something??? I'm just thinking they're going to feel a little left behind. I mean this driver is 8 yards longer, and Jordan basically has enough money to buy a small country, so surely he might try to score one at some point - whether through the conventional channels (aka his multi-million dollar per year Titleist sponsorship) or through the aforementioned shady tactics. I guess Titleist hasn't specifically said whether pros will be allowed to buy one - just that they won't get them for free. Just seems like 8 yards could really help Jordan out, so might be worth him saving his pennies for a few nanoseconds to come up with the $1,000.

So I know that pros aren't allowed to play these because the clubs are just THAT good, but do you think any of them will surreptitiously make fitting appointments in Carlsbad and try to score one? Like do you think Jordan will just have Mike Greller call up and book an appointment for "Ron Mexico," and then just show up and get fit, maybe wearing a fake beard or something??? I'm just thinking they're going to feel a little left behind. I mean this driver is 8 yards longer, and Jordan basically has enough money to buy a small country, so surely he might try to score one at some point - whether through the conventional channels (aka his multi-million dollar per year Titleist sponsorship) or through the aforementioned shady tactics. I guess Titleist hasn't specifically said whether pros will be allowed to buy one - just that they won't get them for free. Just seems like 8 yards could really help Jordan out, so might be worth him saving his pennies for a few nanoseconds to come up with the $1,000.

Why bother taking the time to write all that nonsense? Do you really have nothing else you could be doing?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

Why bother taking the time to write all that nonsense? Do you really have nothing else you could be doing?

I carefully considered my options and deemed it an appropriate use of that 47 seconds of my life.

I will never understand threads like this will all the shots taken about the price. If you think the price is too high, maybe don't buy it? If they don't sell out of the limited sets they made, then the market has told them they priced it too high. If they do, then they priced it either properly or maybe didn't price it highly enough. I've never been much of a fan of titleist clubs, will certainly have no interest in these, but I just dont get all the complaining about the price. These clearly are being made for a very specific subset of golfers who don't mind paying that much, most of us just aren't part of that demographic, so what is the problem with what Titleist is doing?

I will never understand threads like this will all the shots taken about the price. If you think the price is too high, maybe don't buy it? If they don't sell out of the limited sets they made, then the market has told them they priced it too high. If they do, then they priced it either properly or maybe didn't price it highly enough. I've never been much of a fan of titleist clubs, will certainly have no interest in these, but I just dont get all the complaining about the price. These clearly are being made for a very specific subset of golfers who don't mind paying that much, most of us just aren't part of that demographic, so what is the problem with what Titleist is doing?

It isn't the price that bothers me. It's the hilarious gullibility of consumers who actually believe they're getting something different/better. In this particular case, the implication that pros wouldn't be allowed to play these because they are just so good was particularly stupid, but of course I've seen people in this thread and others rationalize it to make sense of their intended purchase. I'm not offended by it, it's their money to waste. I just think it's too ridiculous to not make fun of it.

I don't think I've ever read that titleist makes money manufacturing clubs. On a good year they may break even. Their technology is always trailing others if not behind. Since the old 975 I don't think they have ever had what was considered the top performing driver. Kind of middle of the pack with functional technology that doesn't hinder their pros. Their money comes from balls, not even close. Just another attempt at semi luxury offering but certainly nothing as wild as the Japanese manufacturer that offers gold inlay cavity backs for $25,000 a set.. So far the MOTO hasn't been a giant success with very few D4 and full set TMBs being sold. Probably the biggest volume was the fairway wood..

Is your comment re Titleist sales and technology based on any data, or is it based on you testing some stuff and figuring that your preferences are broadly representative of the golf community.

I don't have any concrete sales data, but anecdotally from the commentary on this website, the T-MBs have been a huge success and they have had trouble meeting higher than anticipated demand for them.

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy

It isn't the price that bothers me. It's the hilarious gullibility of consumers who actually believe they're getting something different/better. In this particular case, the implication that pros wouldn't be allowed to play these because they are just so good was particularly stupid, but of course I've seen people in this thread and others rationalize it to make sense of their intended purchase. I'm not offended by it, it's their money to waste. I just think it's too ridiculous to not make fun of it.

some people have money and enjoy spending if. Other people are poor and get mad when rich people enjoy spending their money.

I'm sorry you're poor.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

some people have money and enjoy spending if. Other people are poor and get mad when rich people enjoy spending their money.

I'm sorry you're poor.

Lol. Enjoy your $1,000 driver bro.

Anyone try these yet?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'm sorry you're poor.

I don't fit into either one of the two groups into which you've split the world.

WHAT AM I TO DO WITH MY LIFE???!?!?

It looks like the merged the T-MB, AP1 & AP2 into one iron.

Anyone try these yet?

This morning, I hit the C16 7i with KBS Tour-v shaft and the 9* C16 driver with KK 60gm stiff shaft at our club demo day. The rep peeled the plastic off of the iron and the driver for me to hit. He said he got them last night about 5pm. He also had a few of the other irons but they were already shafted (glued) with graphite shafts. The 7i had the adapter to try multiple shafts.

The demo day at the club had Cally, Mizzy, and Titleist. I started at Mizzy hitting a few MP25's and MP5's against my set of MP 53's…I actually liked the 25's. Nice feel and distance. I skipped the Cally booth. The only subzero driver is in Tulsa and that was what I was looking to test. Rep said they'd send it down from Tulsa.

Titleist booth had all the goods: TMB, MB, CB, AP1/2, SM6 wedges. I started out hitting the TMB's vs the AP2's. I have really been considering heading out to Oceanside to do a full bag fitting over the past year, but haven't really taken the time to go out and do it. After a few dozen balls, we were talking about what I was looking for…very little offset but maximal forgiveness as it seems most manufacturers add more and more offset as the clubs get "more forgiveness." He came back a min later and handed me the C16 7i. DISCLAIMER, I play to a 6ish handicap and usually run around a 78-80 on an avg round of 18. I don't get to play as much as I would hope, and I haven't got to play 18 holes in going on 6 weeks. This isn't unusual for me but I have a pretty consistent swing, play a draw, and typically lose strokes by missing approach shots either a left of the green or a little short.

Well struck shots with the C16 7i felt virtually no different than the TMB or the AP2's. I hit a few out on the toe and a few up a little higher on the club face and the feel in those locations was noticeably "clickier". Not bad, but definitely different. I was able to play the ball low into the head/crosswind without difficulty and work the ball left to right and right to left with no problem. Size wise…maybe closer to the AP1 but offset was nil, very nice to my eye and proportional. Topline wasn't overly thick or thin given the size of the iron.

C16 Driver compared to my 919 9* Wishon with KK black tini: The sound of the C16 was somewhere between the Wishon and the D2 which I have hit before. Actually, I say closer to the Wishon than the D2. The difference between my gamer and the C16 was that it appeared I was getting more roll out from the C16 compared to my Wishon despite similar ball flights and carry distance (no launch monitors, sadly).

Selling point of the rep for the irons: same lofts with higher ball flight and less spin=more distance.

Am I interested, certainly. Would I get much different end-performance (final score) compared to my current gamer set or a new set of TMB's/AP2's…not sure.

EDIT: The driver has a glossy-grey finish. Personally, I like the old gunmetal of the 975 drivers and the black of the current drivers a little more.

EDIT#2: I didn't hit the C16 vs the D2. I wish I had, but I had my 2yo daughter with me. She was very good and played with the a big pile of golf tees and golf balls, but after an hour of being on the range she lost her patience and wanted to go home and eat lunch. I have played the D2 9.5 driver with KK shaft against my Wishon and they are very similar performance wise.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

I tried the driver and a glued 7 iron that had the Nippon shaft in it.. The fitter rep just got the pieces yesterday. The iron was fine had a clickier feel than my 716MBs. Obviously didn't look as good.. The driver was odd playing with the weights and grip weights it was as long as my D4 but the D4 seemed to roll longer. I like the sound of the D4, the C16 sound is very hard to describe. There was about 1/2 club more in the 2 irons compared to my MBs, but the feel and sound would never get the MBs out of my bag. Wish I had spent more time with the driver but the rep/fitter had a real fitting that he needed the parts for. So for me the irons were a no go, but the driver remains a question mark... Evidently the rep. sold 3 complete sets today out of the 4 fittings he had scheduled. Funny one of the guys commented he had just paid around $4,000 for a set of PXG irons and liked these better (not sure what the shafts were in either)..

Yeh I get what you are saying. I guess the question I have is just this: do you think they'll sell out of this limited run or not? I think they will, as silly as it might seem. I actually think the exclusivity/high price will attract certain people. I guess we will find out.

Also, I think they aren't letting the tour guys use it cuz they want them using the mainline stuff that they are actually trying to sell lots of. It seems like a waste of a sponsor to have them playing a club that they are only making a couple thousand of.

In sum, I don't think there is any illusion that these are any better, I just think Titleist is catering to a very specific demographic that they think is out there. If they sell out they'll continue it, if not, my guess is that they'll stop.

Yeh I get what you are saying. I guess the question I have is just this: do you think they'll sell out of this limited run or not? I think they will, as silly as it might seem. I actually think the exclusivity/high price will attract certain people. I guess we will find out.

Also, I think they aren't letting the tour guys use it cuz they want them using the mainline stuff that they are actually trying to sell lots of. It seems like a waste of a sponsor to have them playing a club that they are only making a couple thousand of.

In sum, I don't think there is any illusion that these are any better, I just think Titleist is catering to a very specific demographic that they think is out there. If they sell out they'll continue it, if not, my guess is that they'll stop.

Oh I absolutely think they'll sell out.

I had the opportunity to spend about 30 minutes on the range with the 7 iron and a few different shafts. First of all the irons look good nice. Nothing to really hate about them. Sole is thinner than the AP1 but a little wider than AP2. I would say they look more like the T-MB at address. I first hit them with range balls and the feel was just ok. Went over to another private tee box with Prov 1 practice balls and the feel was all together different. I tried the stock graphite shaft, Project X PXI and Steelfiber 110s.

I won't go into a ton of detail but the clubs are very easy to hit, forgiving and long. Ball speeds were on the high side for me and the launch angle was in the top end of the optimal launch window according to trackman. At the same time, the spin numbers were pretty low. 49 year old 3 handicap at this minute. Temps were 45 degrees and damp but there was no wind to aid or hurt the ball flight. I was consistently hitting the 7 iron 160-162 with VERY good dispersion. There was a stretch of 10 shots that I had all 10 balls between 160 and 162. Long was 168 and poorly hit shots were in the mid 150s.

These have the same lofts as the AP1 and for me that would be a big issue. I could play them based on looks and performance but it would cause major changes to the entire bag. I could flight the ball up or down but I did have a little issue playing a draw. They really wanted to go strait which for many would be a good thing. In the end, they are much better looking and feeling than AP1 and the certainly have a cool factor to them.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 2024 Ventus Blue
Callaway Ai Smoke Max 2024 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 19deg hyb Blue Ventus HB

Ping G430 22 deg hyl Blue Ventus HB
Mizuno Pro 245 5-pw Axiom 105s
Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

I'm certain they will sell out. I've been talking to the custom dept while getting my order in (I'm a Titleist account holder), and they are taking tons of orders for them. Was trying to decide whether or not to get 5-pw, aw or the whole set of 4-pw, aw. (I don't normally carry a 4 iron). I went with 5-through and was told that if I want the 4 iron, I'll need to get it basically within the next week or so as they will quickly run out.

Based on the comments, seems like it's a hit and miss. If it's value to dollar, it's probably not worth it, even tho it IS better than 716 lineup. If it's about bragging rights, I would prob buy it.

What's funny is that those who have tried it dont provide numbers to compare. No pictures to compare either, such as a side by side shot.

As fas as I know, the irons are designed to max out carry distance, but to hold the green, dont you need spin in addition to landing angle?

If titleist or whoever can show the data, I think people will be less skeptical about it.

As for now, I believe my 5 year old JDM irons have the same carry and spin as the C16. Got the JDM used at 500 bucks too. Go figure.