Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

LOL great thread guys.! There can't be another thread that uses 2 pages or more on the creative methods of toilet usage on the course !

I have been laughing so often as i get caught up,that my better half is just shaking her head..

Great stuff !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The few times I have put a Vr pro at address, I think I almost literally drooled. Something about the lines and the angles almost made you feel like you were hitting the ball.

Just like a pretty girl in your neighborhood when you were growing up, you gotta find out what it feels like.

That's what I feel about FG59s!

My sweet FGs were the only thing that held me back from hoing the Vrs. But now Papa's post just reloaded that vision of a razor sharp Vr 4i and 7i at address. Talk about clean.

Well this afternoon I should finish putting the grips on and I'll take nice pictures just see you can Oogle them

Only had time this morning to put on five of them. Blowing grips on with air is so easy :-) I can get through superquick. The hardest part is when you get a new set of irons you to take off all the old crappy grips and peel the tape off

Forever Changing at this point.......

The few times I have put a Vr pro at address, I think I almost literally drooled. Something about the lines and the angles almost made you feel like you were hitting the ball.

Just like a pretty girl in your neighborhood when you were growing up, you gotta find out what it feels like.

That's what I feel about FG59s!

My sweet FGs were the only thing that held me back from hoing the Vrs. But now Papa's post just reloaded that vision of a razor sharp Vr 4i and 7i at address. Talk about clean.

Well this afternoon I should finish putting the grips on and I'll take nice pictures just see you can Oogle them

Only had time this morning to put on five of them. Blowing grips on with air is so easy :-) I can get through superquick. The hardest part is when you get a new set of irons you to take off all the old crappy grips and peel the tape off

Whoohoo!! I hope they work well for you Papa!!

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I've never really been comfortable doing the number two in the wild. In all honesty I don't know if I ever have, which is the pricing because I have gone camping a lot… On the longer camping trips I'm pretty sure we were at places that usually had some type of restroom facilities, but we took a lot of weekend trips out to the middle nowhere and I don't recall squatting in the woods hmmmm

Funny enough I Have always been a shy public pooper. It took me until probably sometime in college before I felt OK doing the business in a public stall.

If they're steel shafts I use an Exacto/Razor knife and just peel it like you would a Carrot. It won't hurt the shaft any and it's pretty quick!! ?

Doing that is like putting nails to a chalkboard for me ha ha I absolutely cringe at the feeling of the blade scraping across the steel like that.

Sad to say my bag is still not finished yet though. I basically have two clubs I need to fill-in/replace one. I have driver three wood and then I go straight to the 20° hybrid or now my three iron VR pro. Then 3 iron to pitching wedge which is 47 I believe, then to my 56. So I need to pick up a gap wedge somewhere, and I'm thinking some type of driving irin type deal. Maybe a classic 2 iron or something :-) but if I went with to iron, I would have to put my ego in check and only use it for off the tee, never from the fairway. I don't think I could ever elevate a 2 iron off The turf

If they're steel shafts I use an Exacto/Razor knife and just peel it like you would a Carrot. It won't hurt the shaft any and it's pretty quick!!

Doing that is like putting nails to a chalkboard for me ha ha I absolutely cringe at the feeling of the blade scraping across the steel like that.

I get that same feeling when I see someone walk onto concrete with skates on lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Sad to say my bag is still not finished yet though. I basically have two clubs I need to fill-in/replace one. I have driver three wood and then I go straight to the 20° hybrid or now my three iron VR pro. Then 3 iron to pitching wedge which is 47 I believe, then to my 56. So I need to pick up a gap wedge somewhere, and I'm thinking some type of driving irin type deal. Maybe a classic 2 iron or something :-) but if I went with to iron, I would have to put my ego in check and only use it for off the tee, never from the fairway. I don't think I could ever elevate a 2 iron off The turf

That 19*-21* slot seems to be one of the toughest to fill Papa, soo many options there. I have a 5 wood, 3 Hybrid and 2 iron and still can't decide which I like the best. Right now its the Hybrid but my mind changes daily haha

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

That 19*-21* slot seems to be one of the toughest to fill Papa, soo many options there. I have a 5 wood, 3 Hybrid and 2 iron and still can't decide which I like the best. Right now its the Hybrid but my mind changes daily haha

I know the hybrid it won't be for me as I don't get along with hybrids very well in the first place. Maybe I should make some type of wood type deal. Get a Fivewood head and put it on a chef that's like 38.5-40inches long

Played 9 again this morning. Back 9. 10 has a 100 yard carry off the tee. I skipped it across the water. Lol. First swing of the day and I was by myself so I took a mulligan. YES. I TOOK A MULLIGAN. LMAO! Par....or double. ;)

Reeled off 7 more pars. On 18, I couldn't find my ball in the clover on the right. Searched for 15 minutes. Took a favorable ;) drop @ 190 and put it on the green. Two putt.

So, in summary, I shot 36 or 38 or 41...okay 41.

Since I was by myself with no one behind me I dropped several balls from 80 yards and in, including bunkers and extra putts, and kinda kept score with my original shot...kinda 'cause I cheated on 10 and 18. :D

Full disclosure: I rolled (improved my lie) the ball twice. 4i and 3w from heavy rough. LMAO. Both were par 5s. I could've hit a short iron and still got home.

A wise man once said "F*&\ it!"...and lived happily ever after.

Okay, I shot 43!

A 43? So are we to assume you replaced the ball to its original position after rolling it but before you took your next stroke? Now excuse me while I duck for cover! Haha

In all seriousness I roll it all the time early in the season when the swing is rusty. By tournament time I'm playing it down. As you've said, it's mostly mental anyway in my opinion as well.

As for outdoor bathroom activities, I'm a farmer so I've had my share. As long as you've got a good place to brace yourself I actually find an outdoor deuce really pleasant. Cool breeze and all. And hey, free fertilizer for me!

And Papa, when I was a kid I also had a little anxiety about public number two's. Then in college I lived in a place that was about a half a notch above the frat house in Animal House. Now a portapotty at a rock concert doesn't phase me lol!

Played 9 again this morning. Back 9. 10 has a 100 yard carry off the tee. I skipped it across the water. Lol. First swing of the day and I was by myself so I took a mulligan. YES. I TOOK A MULLIGAN. LMAO! Par....or double. ;)

Reeled off 7 more pars. On 18, I couldn't find my ball in the clover on the right. Searched for 15 minutes. Took a favorable ;) drop @ 190 and put it on the green. Two putt.

So, in summary, I shot 36 or 38 or 41...okay 41.

Since I was by myself with no one behind me I dropped several balls from 80 yards and in, including bunkers and extra putts, and kinda kept score with my original shot...kinda 'cause I cheated on 10 and 18. :D

Full disclosure: I rolled (improved my lie) the ball twice. 4i and 3w from heavy rough. LMAO. Both were par 5s. I could've hit a short iron and still got home.

A wise man once said "F*&\ it!"...and lived happily ever after.

Okay, I shot 43!

A 43? So are we to assume you replaced the ball to its original position after rolling it but before you took your next stroke? Now excuse me while I duck for cover! Haha

In all seriousness I roll it all the time early in the season when the swing is rusty. By tournament time I'm playing it down. As you've said, it's mostly mental anyway in my opinion as well.

As for outdoor bathroom activities, I'm a farmer so I've had my share. As long as you've got a good place to brace yourself I actually find an outdoor deuce really pleasant. Cool breeze and all. And hey, free fertilizer for me!

And Papa, when I was a kid I also had a little anxiety about public number two's. Then in college I lived in a place that was about a half a notch above the frat house in Animal House. Now a portapotty at a rock concert doesn't phase me lol!

Are you friends with any of the Hekawi's. Just Qurious.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

That's funny Pige... I can imagine checking in at a new course.. "9 or 18?" "I'll do 18... where's the restrooms?" "Down the hallway and to your left, they're cleaning them up right now though..." "No problem, I'll just go right here..." "Ah good, let me go

with you..." "nah, you're in the wrong post, I work alone..."

When you've spent almost 15 years doing New Home construction(8 of those were Foundation work) you learn to Go wherever, whenever lol. I used to cut off a 2' length of 12" Sono Tube(cardboard tubes for making round concrete posts/columns) and head off into the woods with my "Porta-Potti" all the time for a Duece lol. It was only in the last year or two that we actually started getting Real Pota-Potties on site haha.

One time a new guy that had come from out west dropped Deuce inside the foundation walls one day in the corner, used an empty 50lbs box of spikes and then proceeded to Bury It in the front yard hahaha. I wonder if the landscapers found his buried treasure?? :rofl:

hahaha... I used to be in new home construction way back in the 70's... one time we were building a house in my home town, and some Amish guys were doing some work there too, they had to be dropped off every day cause they didn't drive. One day this one guy was acting pretty nervous, and he finally came up to me and said "Say, can you tell me where a man might take a dump?" ha, hilarious... so I took him, and a coworker of his (they seemed to go in pairs to be accountable and trustworthy while in someone's house etc.) to my grandmother's house which was a few blocks away. She loved it because it gave her something to call all her friends about the rest of the day :)

I know the hybrid it won't be for me as I don't get along with hybrids very well in the first place. Maybe I should make some type of wood type deal. Get a Fivewood head and put it on a chef that's like 38.5-40inches long

Chef = Shaft, just for clarification? As an alternative, go 7W (21*) with a 1" longer than your standard length (whatever that may be). Benefits of loft from rough and/or marginal lies, plus a bit more distance afforded by the longer shaft length (in theory). I would suggest considering a V Steel (yes, very much a fan boi), wonderful turf interaction. Can be found modestly priced with some prudent shopping. Shaft it up to your preference. I have PL Platinum in mine. The hybrids are disappearing from the bag, being replaced with metals that I can hit more consistently and with better distance comparatively.

Papa J, grip tape removal doesn't have to be a PITA. Invest in a grip tape removal tool from GW/GS. Hit the tape with a heat gun (graphite) or propane torch (steel) to "burn" the tape a bit, loosening the adhesive bond. Using the tool, tape comes off easily. Then use Goo Gone on a paper towel to clean all remnants of the adhesive from the shaft. Perfectly clean surface for gripping. Easy, peasy.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Have had a few very rare DWDs (Deucing while driving, Thug). Had a cigarette

load out of North Carolina and for security reasons not allowed to stop within

400 miles of shipper. Had an ED brewing(emergency deuce, Thug). EDs are

not exactly solid shall we say.

Stuffed about a half dozen Walmart bags together (to prevent leakage) and

let her rip at 70mph and then threw the bag out the window....yes, I littered

.....and hazmat radioactive toxic waste, lol.....and thank God for Reason's

scented anal wipes.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

scented anal wipes.

You just took hauling Word not allowed to a whole other level. LMAO!!!

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Bad news, fellas.

I've always felt a little tinge in my lower back, usually just when hitting driver, and after a particularly hard swing and it immediately goes away.

Yesterday, it didn't. It was on and off warm and cold and I got into a conversation on the range, hit some balls, then stood around for awhile. I hit some more before heading over to the first tee. I hit a pretty big ball off the tee and don't remember it really hurting walking up to my ball, but it landed in a weird spot where there's an up slope in the fairway before a sand trap.

I put a really weird move on the ball with a pitching wedge that resulted in a horrendous pull. I can hit a pretty big pull, but this one was weird. I pitched it on and by the time I had my putter out my back was hurting. It got so bad by the 5th hole that I couldn't make a swing and walked back to the car.

Feels like something around L-4 or L-5 to me, but I don't think I'll be able to figure out if it's "slipped," bulged, ruptured, or just muscle pain without going in for an image. I'm on the fence as I don't really want to pay the co-pay and deductible. Woke up this morning hoping a good night's sleep would help, but it didn't.

Bad news, fellas.

I've always felt a little tinge in my lower back, usually just when hitting driver, and after a particularly hard swing and it immediately goes away.

Yesterday, it didn't. It was on and off warm and cold and I got into a conversation on the range, hit some balls, then stood around for awhile. I hit some more before heading over to the first tee. I hit a pretty big ball off the tee and don't remember it really hurting walking up to my ball, but it landed in a weird spot where there's an up slope in the fairway before a sand trap.

I put a really weird move on the ball with a pitching wedge that resulted in a horrendous pull. I can hit a pretty big pull, but this one was weird. I pitched it on and by the time I had my putter out my back was hurting. It got so bad by the 5th hole that I couldn't make a swing and walked back to the car.

Feels like something around L-4 or L-5 to me, but I don't think I'll be able to figure out if it's "slipped," bulged, ruptured, or just muscle pain without going in for an image. I'm on the fence as I don't really want to pay the co-pay and deductible. Woke up this morning hoping a good night's sleep would help, but it didn't.

That doesn't sound good Matt, I would recommend you get it checked out. It's never something you want to do in paying deductible and copay, but just think if it's something bad that you don't get taken care of, and end up in a longer term situation... especially since tinges usually go away and this just got worse. Sounds abnormal for you from your description.

Matt J that sucks and I am sorry to hear about it. I would not play golf until you have that checked out and fully healed. You still have years of golf to play ahead of you. Don't mess around with it by trying to self-diagnose and self-treat.

How much have you been playing weekly? At some point those 'little' aches and pains become big ones and less golf is the only fix.

Registered Bladeocrat

Bum news Matt. I agree with getting it checked out if it hasn't gotten

better or has gotten worse.

SLED Gemini

Lorena Ochoa won a lot of tournaments with the driver, 3 wood and

20 degree hybrid set up, lol. Nothing wrong it. She went from the 20

degree hybrid to a 4 iron and choked up on the hybrid for the tweener

shots.

I know this cause I used to follow her career and because she was

a Ping staffer.

I can also say she had the Mitsubishi Javln shaft in the hybrid which

is a lower launching shaft and I think her S57 4 iron had a loft about

23.5 or 24 degrees.

So with that set up you wouldn't need a 2 or 3 iron IMO.

SLED Gemini

scented anal wipes.

Ha ha that is absolutely fantastic. I almost spit all my food everywhere

Bad news, fellas.

Are you getting any weird nerve neurological pains going down your legs at all? Or into the groin? Does it hurt to bend over and touch your toes or extend your back like you are stretching? Also do either of those make it feel better?

Heyooooo

They look G R E E E E A A A A T T T !!!!!!!

SLED Gemini

scented anal wipes.

Deuces were wild.

SLED Gemini

Heyooooo

SCHWING!!!

But that Nike swoosh is like seeing a tramp stamp on Stephanie Seymour or Kate Upton.

I keed.

Such a classic and beautiful blade.

Registered Bladeocrat

scented anal wipes.

Deuces were wild.

Perfect for turning your hand into a royal flush.

Registered Bladeocrat