MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Anyone interested in playing Monday? Need a 4th. Me, Golfer827, and PQ at Clustered Spires, 7:36am.

Based on that group, we should realistically play 3 separate sets of tees. Maybe we should find a woman or senior to pair with us and play the front tees to really round it out.

You guys still need a 4th? I could be persuaded.

Think davechen snagged that last spot. Let me confirm and I'll talk to you tomorrow about it.

THDC is in. I hooked up with Eagle for Monday. Thanks.

Bull Run on Thursday was also in great shape. Better than PV for sure. Greens rolled quick, quicker than I have ever seen at BR, and tees (but for the 11th) and fairways were in great shape. As Chief said, there was a tournament early and that killed the pace of play completely. Regardless, always a good time out with Chief, and maybe the 90 deg heat on back to back days wore us down more than we thought today.

Par 4 4th

27272276625_e75fcb65c9_b.jpg

8th green

26666353613_de600efab7_b.jpg

Chief's approach on 8

27225220971_818129125a_b.jpg

Chief's tee shot on 12 that was down the left and led to the birdie

27198400212_09c532f689_b.jpg

Par 3 16th

27272273425_0bf0dd3304_b.jpg

Par 4 17th

26666351563_f266ce7c02_b.jpg

I actually thought I did okay, started with 3 straight GIR, but ended up shooting an 87 with a quad and 4 doubles. Two way miss all day off the tee and I couldn't hit my irons for crap. Missed a few short putts, and had some 3-frutts (3-putt from the fringe). Chief is giving me a little too much credit, I'd trade my swing for an axe chop if I could actually put a decent score up for once. My 2 year slump is quickly becoming 3.

I did play the par 5s in even par, and actually missed good birdie chances; missed a 4 footer on 7, 3-putted the 14th, lipped out 10 footer on 18. The highlight shot was a 3W off the deck from 253 on the 14th that carried onto the green and rolled to the back (pin was in front). The Aeroburner TP 3W is simply SO long when I catch it, but I have no idea where it is going to go right now. The hybrid shot on 18 was nice too, 215 downwind out of the rough, over water. The main goal was just to carry the water, but it came out so hot it ran straight through the green. Lipped out the birdie putt.

Unlike today, Chief's game was a little steadier and he had his share of made putts, solid shots/GIRs and blow up holes. Seems like he's implementing some changes and needs to regain some confidence in his swing. Hit a few solid drives, but also many playable toe hooks. Also hit a nice short iron on the par 3 6th to a few feet and the aforementioned wedge on 12. He beat me on strokes, but I edged him out for the match since I had those big numbers.

BR is definitely continues to be one of my favorite courses in the area, esp if they can keep conditions as good as they were. Hopefully it won't be another 5 hour round the next time though.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I'm stoked to hear BR is in great condition. Always one of my favorite layouts in the area. They have just really struggled in the past with conditioning under the old owners - used to have a wicked ground wasp problem on the greens in the summer. At the wedding I had there last month I was surprised too at the size of the houses on the courses now - wow. Awesome to hear its in great shape though, will have to get out there soon.

Bourbon for dinner tonight. Wife and I couldn't decide what to make or order so I decided against. Good hour or so at the range just hitting some short irons, getting ready for Sully's driving prowess to put us in A+ scoring position tomorrow.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

DTF my friends.....bourbon and pulled pork BBQ. Not much better in my opinion. Then again I am from the south.

tomorrow is my birthday. had some woodford reserve then 60 minute maybe some flying dog snake dog and eventually miller lite. worked all day, cut the grass, and have two loads of laundry to fold yet. nice right now to just have my feet up.

I'm stoked to hear BR is in great condition. Always one of my favorite layouts in the area. They have just really struggled in the past with conditioning under the old owners - used to have a wicked ground wasp problem on the greens in the summer. At the wedding I had there last month I was surprised too at the size of the houses on the courses now - wow. Awesome to hear its in great shape though, will have to get out there soon.

Bourbon for dinner tonight. Wife and I couldn't decide what to make or order so I decided against. Good hour or so at the range just hitting some short irons, getting ready for Sully's driving prowess to put us in A+ scoring position tomorrow.

All the best tomorrow, should be a great time out at Worthington.

Chief and I were discussing the conditions at BR too. The Raspberry folks have turned it around nicely. Can't beat that clubhouse too, really nice spot to hang out after a round. The houses on the course are still sparse and not intrusive at all. Let me know when you want to head out there.

Toulon Palm Beach

To put myself in a more positive mood, I had two birdies in two rounds, one with a 190 yard shot out of the rough to 12 feet with the 23* UDI, and the other with a 195 yard tee shot to 3 feet with the.... 23* UDI. Also, after losing my mind (and many balls) off the tee today, I was able to hit solid drives with the Callaway XR the last 4 times I used it.

No, Tex did not put me up to say that.

Toulon Palm Beach

DosEquis for DTF. PAMatt is the new DT15, he's cancelled on me 2x in one week for two separate chances to play together. Such a tease. Bro4Lyfe status may need verification, and soon.

If you guys are talking about playing Bull Run on the weekend, I'm in. Might be able to swing an am round during the week with some notice, just can't do weekday afternoons. I was supposed to play with Puppet and Chief on Thursday or Friday and missed out. Still Bitter. It took me probably 3 years to finally play Laurel Hill and I ended up loving it. Don't want to make the same mistake with Bull Run.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

DosEquis for DTF. PAMatt is the new DT15, he's cancelled on me 2x in one week for two separate chances to play together. Such a tease. Bro4Lyfe status may need verification, and soon.

If you guys are talking about playing Bull Run on the weekend, I'm in. Might be able to swing an am round during the week with some notice, just can't do weekday afternoons. I was supposed to play with Puppet and Chief on Thursday or Friday and missed out. Still Bitter. It took me probably 3 years to finally play Laurel Hill and I ended up loving it. Don't want to make the same mistake with Bull Run.

Let's be fair here.. The 1st cancel, fair game. Call me whatever ya like, i totally canceled on ya. And if I'm being honest, pretty disappointed. I'm surely gonna be salty when I see ur scores posted.. Good people and looks like a beautiful track..

But then, no less then 24 hours later, u hit me with another invite... Lol Much appreciated, for sure. But u had to know I was a question mark at best! I'm barely playing once a month, I picked the wrong hobby to fall in love with... I picked up this hobby to steer myself away from other "hobby's" that weren't good for my well-being.. Starting to question what hobby's cheaper

And since it's 4a.m, and the only other person on the board at this moment is my aliases DT, I'm gona use this spotlight to riddle me this question. Fabb, new golf talk daily: how much $ do you spend a week on rounds? I literally get salty when I see people recappin 4 times a week, but no hate, just deep deep jealousy... More power to ya's!! At least somebody's making ball marks on the greens!

Pamatt...

There are people in this thread who spend under a grand per year. Some who spend over 5k per year.

I'm spending $2400 on my golf membership this year. In addition to that, I'll spend over $1500 on other rounds. I'm doing a $750 golf trip this fall. That's a pretty typical year. I win $5 from these suckers every time I go out so that offsets it a bit.

I know people out there that will spend 30k on golf and I know people who know people who will spend way more than that.

If you can't spend that much, you can't. Don't go into debt over golf. But golf doesnt have to be that. If I had to, I'd play 50 rounds at Clifton Park for $30 each with found balls and be perfectly content.

I probably only played about 5 rounds per year until my late 30s when I finally felt good about spending the money. I'm not cheap, but I try to be smart. Do what you can. Use disposable income for rounds, not equipment if you really want to play.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

GTS: I'm playing over one round a week on average in golfable weather in 2016. This is up by a lot from last year. Part of this is being healthy again, part of it is having a more flexible schedule at work. Frankly, part of it is playing well, and wanting to continue to play well. I've cut out to play a few times after work, and taken off days to play during the week, much more than I remember doing in recent years.

Won't keep up the pace for the year and that's ok.

On average, I'd say I'm spending $60 a round/$250 a month.

FYI: just breaking balls about you cancelling yo. We still got MD National in June sometime, right?

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I'd say in the season I spend ~$80-100/week. Basically a weekend round and going to the range once or twice. Sometimes I'll play twice in a week, sometimes I won't play for 2-3 weeks.

A lot of the guys playing multiple times per week here have memberships where the monthly is about equivalent to playing once per week. And if not, playing weekday rounds help a lot too. E.g. Northwest is $25 to walk on a weekday afternoon, but $75 to ride on a weekend morning.

Bored, so deciding to play at PB Dye. I'm looking at a 12:10 tee time if anyone wants to join for the impromptu round.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Come on eagle! As long as u don't talk about my mother, u can bust balls till your your lil eagle heart is content..

This is the closest I come to social media, I curse like a sailor and got a funky vocab.hope I don't come off as a p****, usually just post random thoughts.

When I said "salty" or "jealous", nothing remotely close to negative. Hell, if there was a bunch of mes in here, I wouldn't stop by as much. But I live my golf fantasy life thru all ur weirdos on the internet.. so if y'all ain't playing 4 times a week, the convos in here wouldn't be as great. So carry on fellas!

I have quickly realised tho, memberships is the way to go. Hopefully beginning of next season I put a track in my cross hairs n beat that bush up likes some good vag!

I haven't played this much golf since I've had kids

I've been a been able to get out for what is averaging a round every 2 weeks. It's really like to weeks back to back and then two off- but I'm not complaining.

Like Fabb said- playing on weekends is really tough so being able to play after work in summer is the best (and the cheapest)

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

Quit after 9 at PB Dye. Atrocious is the best way to describe my game today. Driving sucked, irons sucked, lost 3 sleeves of golf balls, just said enough.

Really need lessons and to research a teacher.

Hope you guys are staying hydrated out there. Looks like it's well over 90 degs this afternoon. Crazy weather.

Toulon Palm Beach

Somewhat crushing pace of play at Worthington today. Sully and I were in the first group out and for some reason WM let one foursome out ahead of us. And the only reason I wonder why they did that was that they were literally the only other foursome on the course - we didn't see one other foursome in front of them - not one. I've *never* seen WM that empty. But this group would get to the next tee and it would take them forever to stop talking and actually get off the box. Naturally the marshals did...zip. I thought at first it didn't seem like we were waiting that much but as Sully pointed out after the round, when you wait a minute or so per shot, suddenly your round is 45 minutes slower than it should be. Not sure why the course didn't say hey, tournament going out, maybe we'll start this foursome on the back. So we played in 5 hours but it really should have been 4:15-4:20. Not sure where the rest of the groups were behind us.

At one point I saw Eagle a couple holes behind us sitting down in the fairway for some reason - decided it was a toss up between pouting, onset of heat stroke or some type of meditation..

Sully and I played I think about as well as we could have given some of the hole locations, finished +2. We actually played great team golf. We were never out of any holes, never both in trouble at the same time. Had 4 bogies and two birdies. I think Sully missed one five footer or so but that was it - we really scored pretty close to as good as we could have. Had an awesome time as always.

Sully's game looks awesome right now. His swing is the best I've seen it and his short game is definitely improving. Lots of good looking shots today and after a month or so of practicing some of the Monte stuff he's going to be looking great. Really solid contact with the driver today.

For the most part I think I played great off the tee and putted great today but that was about it. Had a case of the pulls with some of the irons but that can be worked out. Got up and down for birdie out of a bunker on 13 which was great. Shot of the day for me was a great 5W on 18 with the ball way above my feet that I somehow got up onto the fringe. Good way to end the round. Mauled a couple of great minis off the tee today but I'm not sure we took advantage of any of them.

Oh and I think the round sort of deflated for us on 9. Sully put one in play so I ripped 3W over the hill, it caught the speed slot and we had @ 170 to the front. The guys we played with were @ 240-250 out, in the rough. First guy hits - oh its a blind shot for them by the way - launches a fairway wood that hits in front of the green, hops up, rolls to 18 inches. We chuckle. Second guy stands up, hits the exact same shot, exact same result. Two kick in eagles. Couldn't help but laugh though - those are no doubt the two best second shots I've ever seen into 9. These two guys were just playing insanely well, crazy good.

Oh and if Boogs went inside after the round, I'm setting the over/under on the inappropriate remarks made about Erin the snack bar girl at....893.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Oh and if Boogs went inside after the round, I'm setting the over/under on the inappropriate remarks made about Erin the snack bar girl at....893.

Always bet the over if it's Boogs with a Snack Bar girl, especially if she is cute and is wearing skin tight shorts/skorts/skirts.

Eagle also giving me the double middle fingers...

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Tee time alert - 8:00 on Tuesday at Oak Creek. We need one. Me, DT, and Tex.

DT is demanding your BOGO so you know.

DT and I are playing our match.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway