Most annoying people on BST

Arpeggi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What's your best price?" Awful people.

ย 

I was thinking people like you actually. Funny how that works.

ย 

I see it now, you're the guy who pays full price for car right? What's that? You don't? Then why would you pay asking price for used golf crap?

ย 

Yes, you're the worst.

ย 

I would at least make an

offer.

ย 

I dont mind people making offers and nefotiating. I just hate the Orwellian phrase,"what's tour best price?"

ย 

Because no matter how low your best price is, they almost always come back lower.

This "what's your lowest/best" price logic by all you buyers must not sell very much. 100% of the time I play that game and actually state the lowest I'll go....guess what....I still get asked to go lower. Typically with the following attachments...

ย 

I only have $x.xx in my PayPal account

I can spend this much until I get paid

I don't really need it so this is the most I'll pay.

Sorry that's $5 too high

Can I send funds as a gift to drop the price.

ย 

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

ย 

ย 

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

This "what's your lowest/best" price logic by all you buyers must not sell very much. 100% of the time I play that game and actually state the lowest I'll go....guess what....I still get asked to go lower. Typically with the following attachments...

ย 

Sorry that's $5 too high

ย 

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Amazing how this happens to you so often, with 9 feedbacks, and i have 5 times that and have only had people say,"whats your best price" one or two times in years of selling. Maybe you are doing something wrong ...........EVERY SINGLE TIME!

ย 

Sorry that's $5 too high

ย 

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

You must have a memory like a steel trap, seeing how you have only sold 8 things on here in 11 years.
  • AI Smokeย ๐Ÿ”ท๐Ÿ”ท๐Ÿ”ท10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIMย Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Awย PX LZย 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7ย 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBCย - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

ย 

ย 

ย 

Oh please gentleman. I have sold much more than my feedback suggests. Tis not my fault buyers don't leave me feedback. But that's ok...you guys have so much feedback we should base all encounters on what you have experienced only.

ย 

But then of course the only thing a simple minded individual would go off of is ones feedback. Nevermind the rest of the replies in this very thread that mimic my own. Yet you chose to come at me because I only has 9 feedback.

ย 

And yes I have a memory that you wish you did. Thanks for noticing!

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

Guys that post "PM Sent" on the FS ad, what does this even mean? Its like they think they've got dibs on the item because they post "PM Sent". All it does is potentially discourage the other tire kickers from going after your item, thinking its probably sold, hate that crap.

917 D2 w/Diamana S+ 60g
Titleist 917F 15* w/Tour AD Di
Titleist 718 AP2s
Adams PNT v1 18* and v2 22*
Vokey SM5 46*
Vokey Cold Forged 52/10
Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 56/08
Vokey TVD 60*
SC 009 Triple Skulls 350g

"What's your best price?" Awful people.

ย 

I was thinking people like you actually. Funny how that works.

ย 

I see it now, you're the guy who pays full price for car right? What's that? You don't? Then why would you pay asking price for used golf crap?

ย 

Yes, you're the worst.

ย 

Dude try that BS in your real life

Go to the gas station and ask them what their bottom price is see what happens

Call your car insurance and ask them if they will take 25% less than your bill.

Nextime you go to dinner, see if you can get your dinner for 7.00 instead of 15

Go into apple aan ask them What kind of deal they can give you on an iPhone

And then come back here and tell us your results.

ย 

Just because you see something for sale in a forum on the Internet doesn't mean it's automatically negotiable

Especially when it's already priced in line with the value

ย 

You know in society that those prices aren't negotiable. You do know that clubs on bst are negotiable.

ย 

No you think they are negotiable...even if someone already has something listed at a steal price, or says that the price is firm

It's still acceptable to haggle the price even tho it's not acceptable to do that anywhere else in society?

ย 

Everything bought and sold on a secondary market is negotiable. You go to a pawn shop, used car lot, flea market, etc. and do not negotiate you are a sucker and I wish to do business with you in the future.

Sorry but the worst are the dudes, and I had this happen twice in a row, who paypal with a credit card and charge me the fees....

ย 

Huh? That is the way PayPal works.

no if you pay from your bank account there is no fee. and even so the buyer should assume the fee not me. If we agree to a 100 dollar price and I wind up with 97.46 cause I have to pay his fees - that's retarded. It should cost him 102.54 - i shouldnt lose money

ย 

I really cannot stand members who think they know how the bst works, but really have no idea... But continue arguing none the less

ย 

Well played sir.

ย 

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

TM SIM2 MAXย Rocket Oban Devotion
Callaway Rogue 17 Degree Project X Even Flow Blue
Titleist TS2 21 Degree Tensei Blue
Titleist T300 5-GW Nippon 950GH
Vokey SM6 54 + 58 KBS C Taper
Odyssey EXO 7s
Vice Pro Plus / Kirkland Signature

This is really some good reading here. Thanks for the laughs!

ย 

Buyer agrees to a $100 shipped BO.

ย 

Seller, "Okay it's $100 plus $3 for PayPal, plus $15 shipping plus $8.75 for my gas, materials, and time to package and drive to and from USPS. Gift me the PayPal for $126.75. Thanks."

ย 

Buyer, "Um, that's not how this works. Moron."

ย 

So if you guys read the whole thread you will see that I was mistaken and and owned that. I another forum on a different subject paying via payapl is always done using friends and family so no fees - it's just a thing. So I was mistaken in assuming that's how it's done here. So maybe move on instead of beating the dead horse? But if not I'm sure i deserve it. **Flame suit Activate***

ย 

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

Odyssey EXO 7s

Guys that post "PM Sent" on the FS ad, what does this even mean? Its like they think they've got dibs on the item because they post "PM Sent". All it does is potentially discourage the other tire kickers from going after your item, thinking its probably sold, hate that crap.

ย 

ย 

Not a big deal, unless they don't pay... in which case you can just reply with "XXX didn't pay, item still available"

If you want to pay $60, and I say we are at $100, did you gain leverage? No, you didn't. You wasted your first move with, "What's your lowest price?"

ย 

$100.

ย 

Excellent tactic.

ย 

Seriously read any book one negotiating.

ย 

In short, if the seller is flexible, and names their bottom line first...a good negotiator will come back with an offer JUST slightly less.

ย 

Why? Because the seller said he will take $100 as his bottom line. If I'm looking for a deal, I'd offer him $90.

ย 

He's already shaky on price. Ideally, he wants the full $100. But now he's thinking "eh it's only 10 more dollars". Boom. Deal is done.

ย 

Doesn't work in your example because you're not open to offers. Your price is firm, you're not moving. But a motivated seller is open to offers and wants a sale.

ย 

Idk how I can explain it any better than that. If the seller is open to offers, it's not a waste of time.

ย 

I negotiate in my real life, all the time. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, and most often as the buyer, but sometimes as the seller. I'm currently negotiating a major software and services engagement. Your described tactic would be laughable, in any setting but the BST. Sorry.

If you want to pay $60, and I say we are at $100, did you gain leverage? No, you didn't. You wasted your first move with, "What's your lowest price?"

ย 

$100.

ย 

Excellent tactic.

ย 

Seriously read any book one negotiating.

ย 

In short, if the seller is flexible, and names their bottom line first...a good negotiator will come back with an offer JUST slightly less.

ย 

Why? Because the seller said he will take $100 as his bottom line. If I'm looking for a deal, I'd offer him $90.

ย 

He's already shaky on price. Ideally, he wants the full $100. But now he's thinking "eh it's only 10 more dollars". Boom. Deal is done.

ย 

Doesn't work in your example because you're not open to offers. Your price is firm, you're not moving. But a motivated seller is open to offers and wants a sale.

ย 

Idk how I can explain it any better than that. If the seller is open to offers, it's not a waste of time.

ย 

I negotiate in my real life, all the time. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, and most often as the buyer, but sometimes as the seller. I'm currently negotiating a major software and services engagement. Your described tactic would be laughable, in any setting but the BST. Sorry.

ย 

Dude it's not my tactic. It's like negotiation 101. I'm not offended if you don't like it, because it's not MY process.

ย 

That said if you've never heard of anchor points, and you're really in sales, you should read up on it.

ย 

I trust you are good at your job, I won't question that. I just can't understand how any sales professional hasn't heard of it, doesn't mean you have to like it.

ย 

You've seriously never heard the saying "he who discusses price first loses"?

Dude it's not my tactic. It's like negotiation 101. I'm not offended if you don't like it, because it's not MY process.

ย 

That said if you've never heard of anchor points, and you're really in sales, you should read up on it.

ย 

I trust you are good at your job, I won't question that. I just can't understand how any sales professional hasn't heard of it, doesn't mean you have to like it.

ย 

ย 

Further than that, do you have a business degree? You were honestly never taught this?

ย 

Apple must "lose" all the time then, huh? :jester:

ย 

The BST is a marketplace, the seller has listed an item, with a price - per the rules. Pricing is not inferred, or unclear. In this thread's common example, it is $100, and representative of a value against others in the market.

ย 

The person who then "discusses" price first is the tirekicker saying to the seller via PM, "What's your lowest price?" De facto loss.

ย 

As a buyer, you do not want to entrench the seller to a price - ever. You do not want the seller to become adversarial, in any fashion. As has been pointed out to you no fewer than five times, most sellers will reply, "My lowest price is $125, but I listed it for $100 to get a quick sale." So now we are back to $100, and you've lost.

ย 

Sorry, you could have probably learned more from Glengarry Glen Ross.

What about the annoying guy who keeps on asking to make transactions via PayPal friends and family? Awful.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

ย 

ย 

The BST is a marketplace, the seller has listed an item, with a price - per the rules. Pricing is not inferred, or unclear. In this thread's common example, it is $100, and representative of a value against others in the market.

ย 

The person who then "discusses" price first is the tirekicker saying to the seller via PM, "What's your lowest price?" De facto loss.

ย 

As a buyer, you do not want to entrench the seller to a price - ever. You do not want the seller to become adversarial, in any fashion. As has been pointed out to you no fewer than five times, most sellers will reply, "My lowest price is $125, but I listed it for $100 to get a quick sale." So now we are back to $100, and you've lost.

ย 

ย 

Apple is a fixed price. They aren't open for negotiation at retail.

ย 

This isn't an "every time" sales theory either. You're acting like it's the only sales method possible. It's just a method, not THE method.

ย 

"discussing price first" is just an old sales quote.

ย 

Again, it's not my theory. It's sales 101. It has a place in negotiation from time to time. It's taught at just about every business school in the country.

ย 

Obviously you don't like it. But if you're really in sales and haven't heard of anchor points, I'm surprised.

ย 

In your last example, it's not a "loss" at all. The seller is just firm on price. They're not flexible, so there's not even an open negotiation. Again, for the 5th time, if there's a firm seller there's no room to negotiate.

I'm gonna fess up.

ย 

I ask how low someone can go because I don't want to offend anyone with what could be perceived as a "lowball".

ย 

You will say don't lowball then but I counter your argument by saying that everyone perceives offers differently.

ย 

As you can see from this thread some people will consider $5 below a low ball or insult. If your prices are firm then put that in your ad. I'm respectful of that.

ย 

Sometimes low balls work because the seller realizes they have over priced the item. A lot of people go off e bay listings but what they should do is look at the completed listings to see what the item is actually selling for.

What about people who make threads that serves no purpose and leads to arguments?

ย 

This thread has run its course as have all the other threads with similar theme about the BST.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3ย 15* // Tensei Pro Orangeย 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

Add $10 east/west of Mississippi

ย 

I can't complain about this. Prices increase depending on where you are shipping and what carrier you use. I just took it in the shorts on my last sale sending something to Canada. It was a $25 hike over the same shipping in the CONUS. But I said I'd ship it that way and you need to keep your word. Unlike the people around here that think a transaction isn't completed until paypal changes hands.

ย 

We all claim to love a sport based on honor and integrity, but if your word isn't worth squat, why should I trust you to uphold the honor of this game?

Mizuno ST200G 9ยฐ / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TXย  ย 
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13ยฐ / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5ยฐ bent to 17ยฐ / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21ยฐ / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25ยฐ / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xย 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xย 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F /ย Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

What about people who make threads that serves no purpose and leads to arguments?

ย 

This thread has run its course as have all the other threads with similar theme about the BST.

ย 

I disagree. While it won't accomplish anything, I'm enjoying reading it.

ย 

If every thread on a message board had to have purpose and meaning there wouldn't be any more message boards.

What about the annoying guy who keeps on asking to make transactions via PayPal friends and family? Awful.

ย 

keep em coming

ย 

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

Odyssey EXO 7s

ย 

I can't complain about this. Prices increase depending on where you are shipping and what carrier you use. I just took it in the shorts on my last sale sending something to Canada. It was a $25 hike over the same shipping in the CONUS. But I said I'd ship it that way and you need to keep your word. Unlike the people around here that think a transaction isn't completed until paypal changes hands.

ย 

We all claim to love a sport based on honor and integrity, but if your word isn't worth squat, why should I trust you to uphold the honor of this game?

ย 

ย 

depends on the item and where it's coming from.. rarely is the difference more than a couple of $

A lot of people go off e bay listings but what they should do is look at the completed listings to see what the item is actually selling for.

ย 

Now if you can only fix all the douchey post showing item XXX listed at a ridiculous price, as if that truly means it's that valuable.

ย 

I remember when Golf Digest devoted an entire article to this, claiming that's what those clubs were worth because they were listed for that price. What a piece of tripe that article was.

Mizuno ST200G 9ยฐ / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TXย  ย 
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13ยฐ / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5ยฐ bent to 17ยฐ / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21ยฐ / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25ยฐ / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xย 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xย 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F /ย Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Apple is a fixed price. They aren't open for negotiation at retail.

ย 

This isn't an "every time" sales theory either. You're acting like it's the only sales method possible. It's just a method, not THE method.

ย 

"discussing price first" is just an old sales quote.

ย 

Again, it's not my theory. It's sales 101. It has a place in negotiation from time to time. It's taught at just about every business school in the country.

ย 

Obviously you don't like it. But if you're really in sales and haven't heard of anchor points, I'm surprised.

ย 

In your last example, it's not a "loss" at all. The seller is just firm on price. They're not flexible, so there's not even an open negotiation. Again, for the 5th time, if there's a firm seller there's no room to negotiate.

ย 

Sorry. You are espousing a negotiating tactic, and applying it in a way that leads to the tirekicker being the first to actually discuss price. Which by your description of the theory, equates to a "loss".

ย 

My business professors would be disappointed if I were to recount a basic theory on a forum, and butcher it so badly as to arrive at a time when the basic theory is shown as being fatally flawed through one countermeasure -- the seller sticking to the price listed.

ย 

Price is listed. If OBO (Or Best Offer) is indicated, that requires the tirekicker to posit an offer to further discussion. It's not listed as ORFBP, Or Request for Best Pricing....

ย 

ย 

I got eaten up on a sale to Canada because of the form used to declare value, apparently there were more fees due based on value, and that calculation occurs at pickup....

ย 

I am not completely saavy on all of Canada's shipping and taxation laws when it comes to items like this, and was none too pleased to get a $30 bill from USPS for tariffs/value tax. I also kept my word, and took the loss from my side of the transaction.

Nn

ย 

ย 

ย 

Man, the shipping is getting outrageous. I took a driver in to the post office the other day. I try now to keep the length of my boxes to a maximum of 48" which I think is their bench mark number. Even at 48" the charge to ship from the plains to Louisiana (I think that's where it went) via USPS was $38'and change. He said for some reason even though it wasn't over length it was bumping the price. Tough to pay close to $40 shipping on a $100 club.