Lowest Spinning Driver

Matchplay10033

Over recent years there has been little design difference. Look at 915's today, under HIGH MOI design. Both D2 and D3 are low and back, yet on another page suggests D3 is slightly different. That slight difference is CAD influenced, yet from my experience doesn't come out in the players hands. If better golfers don't notice difference, another question has to be asked. There use to be an identifiable different between D2 and D3. I owned all 983/905 series followed by first D3 and D2; dropped the line later. The same guy wasn't fit into both, even with same shaft.

That's slowly changed, as its coming down to minor CC spread. And you're right, player ability, but his "attention do detail" marks difference or doesn't. That difference is why I play SLDR as opposed to TM's other offerings that were alleged low spin. Never been a cool-aide kinda guy, but, if the cool-aide tastes good to ya, enjoy.

Actually you make a good point...... Lets separate first

1) A good player, can essentially play anything...... this is one that truly has control of their swing, In other words they can play with the differences and not be overly affected by club design. (Low launch high launch, low spin, high spin. CC difference, face depth and width.

2) A mediocre player/Sunday hacker, can get away with different types of club designs. They could benefit from the different club designs to let them play better golf at their current level. Has a steep AoA and, so could use a lower lofted driver, or a lower spinning driver etc.....

With that said, Inherently clubs have their differences and the biggest thing is players have their preferences. While I agree.... the D2 vs D3 is NOT a huge difference in comparison to an SLDR and JetSpeed line that was released at the same time.

I think Titleist is known to be that "better" player line type of club...... meaning the minor tweaks of the D2 vs D3 are more intended for the player that needs just that, a "Tweak" for the best performance.

SLDR is a great example, a Bomber, if hit right, but marketed for the masses which in NO way was meant for the masses. The Jetspeed on the other hand could be played equally well by both ends of the spectrum.

Then came the M1, similar in thought but the CG most likely moved around to increase forgiveness. The M2 on the other had is still that tweak of a club for similar performance and additional forgiveness...in comparison to the . RBZ Stage 2, Aeroburner etc more forgiving line....

My rambling point...... if we had a line from 1-10, 1 being beginner 10 being pro.

10 - M1, D3,

9 - Ping G LS

8 - D2, M2, Ping G

6 - Aeroburner, X2hot, GSF

3 - Tommy Armour 845

1- SLDR-C (im sorry I had too LOL)

Any ways you get my point..... I dont think its meant to touch the whole spectrum of golfers..... but meant for a certain level and tweaks for that level....

This is so wrong. D3 is nowhere close to M1

But you have to admit the part about the SLDR C was funny!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over recent years there has been little design difference. Look at 915's today, under HIGH MOI design. Both D2 and D3 are low and back, yet on another page suggests D3 is slightly different. That slight difference is CAD influenced, yet from my experience doesn't come out in the players hands. If better golfers don't notice difference, another question has to be asked. There use to be an identifiable different between D2 and D3. I owned all 983/905 series followed by first D3 and D2; dropped the line later. The same guy wasn't fit into both, even with same shaft.

That's slowly changed, as its coming down to minor CC spread. And you're right, player ability, but his "attention do detail" marks difference or doesn't. That difference is why I play SLDR as opposed to TM's other offerings that were alleged low spin. Never been a cool-aide kinda guy, but, if the cool-aide tastes good to ya, enjoy.

Actually you make a good point...... Lets separate first

1) A good player, can essentially play anything...... this is one that truly has control of their swing, In other words they can play with the differences and not be overly affected by club design. (Low launch high launch, low spin, high spin. CC difference, face depth and width.

2) A mediocre player/Sunday hacker, can get away with different types of club designs. They could benefit from the different club designs to let them play better golf at their current level. Has a steep AoA and, so could use a lower lofted driver, or a lower spinning driver etc.....

With that said, Inherently clubs have their differences and the biggest thing is players have their preferences. While I agree.... the D2 vs D3 is NOT a huge difference in comparison to an SLDR and JetSpeed line that was released at the same time.

I think Titleist is known to be that "better" player line type of club...... meaning the minor tweaks of the D2 vs D3 are more intended for the player that needs just that, a "Tweak" for the best performance.

SLDR is a great example, a Bomber, if hit right, but marketed for the masses which in NO way was meant for the masses. The Jetspeed on the other hand could be played equally well by both ends of the spectrum.

Then came the M1, similar in thought but the CG most likely moved around to increase forgiveness. The M2 on the other had is still that tweak of a club for similar performance and additional forgiveness...in comparison to the . RBZ Stage 2, Aeroburner etc more forgiving line....

My rambling point...... if we had a line from 1-10, 1 being beginner 10 being pro.

10 - M1, D3,

9 - Ping G LS

8 - D2, M2, Ping G

6 - Aeroburner, X2hot, GSF

3 - Tommy Armour 845

1- SLDR-C (im sorry I had too LOL)

Any ways you get my point..... I dont think its meant to touch the whole spectrum of golfers..... but meant for a certain level and tweaks for that level....

This is so wrong. D3 is nowhere close to M1

LOL! I should have put example purposes only LOL! Im just making a point.... about the marketing lines....

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

The Callaway XR16 Subzero is the lowest spin driver I've hit. The G30/G LS variant is quite low spin as well.

It's not the lowest. LTD is even lower than it and it has a much much more rearward CG. F6+ and SLDR are probably the lowest spinning drivers ever. F6+ takes the cake for me tho. I can get good numbers with a SLDR, I tried the F6+ with weight forward and spin never got above 1500

The original SLDR 460/430/S driver line from 2013-2014 proved that a manufacturer can actually go a bit too far with low forward CG.and reduced spin. For many, that original SLDR design lacked forgiveness and had a very low launch angle relative to stated loft...often too low, and too unforgiving for consistent driving!

Fortunately TM fixed all that with a new redesigned (BLACK) SLDR clubhead in 2015... :rolleyes:...Reduced spin is good, but some forgiveness is also essential for most of us, and achieving consistency off the tee is an absolute must! Measure Driver Performance by your Average Driver Distance and your Percentage of Fairways Hit and PLAY YOUR BEST!

2015 SLDR C-Series Driver (Crown)

2015 SLDR C-Series Driver (Clubface)

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

Just put a Callaway GBB Alpha 816 DBD in the bag after using a Titleist 909 D3 that I've played since I played in college. Titleist was ballooning and giving me numbers in the 4K range, too. Now that I've switched to the DBD, launch angle is about 15 and spin is averaging between 1500 and 2000. The thing is a bomber. Added 20-25 yards, easy.

[list]
[*]Callaway Big Bertha DBD 816 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 70S
[*]Titleist 906F2 15 degree w/ Aldila VS Proto 85S
[*]Titleist 906F2 18 degree w/ Aldila NV 75S
[*]Mizuno MP59 (3-PW) w/ KBS Tour 120 C-Taper S+
[*]Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Lucky Clover - 56 and 52 degree
[*]Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2 (34")
[*]Snell My Tour Ball
[/list]

Since OP wants to solve his/her high spin problem by changing equipment, why not trying illegal method just to see if it works? I mean, put vaseline/oil/whatever on the face of the current club, and compare the spin number with and without that substance. Or, I heard the face can be mirror finished to almost completely reduce spin.

If this works, then keep hunting for low spin equipment. If not, change swing.

The Callaway XR16 Subzero is the lowest spin driver I've hit. The G30/G LS variant is quite low spin as well.
It's not the lowest. LTD is even lower than it and it has a much much more rearward CG. F6+ and SLDR are probably the lowest spinning drivers ever. F6+ takes the cake for me tho. I can get good numbers with a SLDR, I tried the F6+ with weight forward and spin never got above 1500

My emphasis added. Never claimed to have hit every driver from every brand.

How can you guys tell if the head is really, "low" spinning without getting it measured? Just curious...

When low spinning driver came into vogue, OEM's were making it clear in advertising, design was low spin. Those same characteristics still apply, only OEM's are changing design and marketing techniques to get more customers.

For example; Titleist made a clear distinction between the first few versions of D2 and D3 heads; D2 was more forgiving and larger, D3 was low spinning and slightly smaller CC. That's change with 915. From what I've read, though there is size difference, both are low to back. TM has gone a similar route; SLDR is low spin (my driver), then came R15, not so much, then M1 not so much to (I owned both), then to M2 being pretty much their version of D2. As I see them, not a lot of low spin options. Those of us that enjoy low spin heads are not nearly as plentiful as those that want forgiving, etc., reason I still play SLDR.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

The original SLDR 460/430/S driver line from 2013-2014 proved that a manufacturer can actually go a bit too far with low forward CG.and reduced spin. For many, that original SLDR design lacked forgiveness and had a very low launch angle relative to stated loft...often too low, and too unforgiving for consistent driving!

Fortunately TM fixed all that with a new redesigned (BLACK) SLDR clubhead in 2015... :rolleyes:...Reduced spin is good, but some forgiveness is also essential for most of us, and achieving consistency off the tee is an absolute must! Measure Driver Performance by your Average Driver Distance and your Percentage of Fairways Hit and PLAY YOUR BEST!

Big difference between non-adjustable SLDR-C and my original adjustable SLDR is the later has low-mid COG on the face, SLDR-C has COG low and back, like all other forgiving heads. What I saw most common, people that bought SLDR either didn't have the swing for it or were too lazy to test all adjustable options and some shafts to get the right fit. I tested a number of shafts and adjustments. It took a while, but my 9.5 is set at 11*+, with PX 7C3 / 74 gram tip stiff low spin shaft. Same driver since 2012. I B happy camper. :)

I disagree when saying they went too far. Maybe for you but not for me and many tour and better amateurs. In our defense, though we're not major market, OEM's need to provide product for us as well as those that need or want forgiveness.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

What's low spinning for someone else may not be low spinning for you. I would try different Drivers on a launch monitor and see. Nice SS #s!

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Big difference between non-adjustable SLDR-C and my original adjustable SLDR is the later has low-mid COG on the face, SLDR-C has COG low and back, like all other forgiving heads. What I saw most common, people that bought SLDR either didn't have the swing for it or were too lazy to test all adjustable options and some shafts to get the right fit. I tested a number of shafts and adjustments. It took a while, but my 9.5 is set at 11*+, with PX 7C3 / 74 gram tip stiff low spin shaft. I B happy camper. :)

I disagree when saying they went too far. Maybe for you but not for me and many tour and better amateurs. In our defense, though we're not major market, OEM's need to provide product for us as well as those that need or want forgiveness.

Prior to the SLDR-C, I played a 12* SLDR Tour issue 430, (actual 11.3*) and had it set up very well with extra weight on the top of the toe plate to balance out the head, and a bit of extra weight in the rear section on the toe side. As you may know, the Tour-issued models came with either a 9 or 11-gram silver weight beneath the blue slider rather than the Retail model's stock 16-gram silver weight. (Mine came with the 11-gram silver weight), so the swingweight was fine for me even with the 78-gram 45.25" Fujikura Motore Speeder Tourspec 7.3 (TP) shaft. I actually hit the 430 well enough, (nice little 5-yard draw as long as I didn't overswing). However, the SLDR 430 Tour still wasn't exactly a what I would call a 'point and shoot' driver either! It worked just fine as long as I was swinging at the recommended 85-90% of max speed, but I was always reluctant to go 'all out' with it like I do now with the 9.5* SLDR-C Driver. The 430 made me 'work' pretty hard to attain good performance!

Since making the driver switch over a year ago, I have found that the SLDR-C Driver equipped with the low spin 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black premium shaft, (tipped 1/2"), allows me to go at it as hard as I want for max distance and STILL hit fairways 'consistently. I guess you could say it has 'freed me up', so to speak, and I don't miss the adjustable features of the SLDR 430 one bit!.

All that aside, I DO get your point, however! The front/rear weight thing you describe is similar to what you see with the M-Family. If you move the rear weight of an M1 all the way to the rear it becomes more forgiving, while the more forgiving M2, already has the weight back there! I have also noted that most M1 users, (including Tour Players), place the rear weight all the way back, and some players even reverse the 2-weights so the heavier front weight is placed in the rear for greater forgiveness. To each his own in that regard!

Of course, YMMV, but my average driver distance is higher now than before, and my percentage of fairways hit also went up. I attribute the improved driver performance to making the switch from the SLDR 430 to the SLDR-C. While everyone swings differently, perhaps at least some of us really can have it all!... :rolleyes:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

Big difference between non-adjustable SLDR-C and my original adjustable SLDR is the later has low-mid COG on the face, SLDR-C has COG low and back, like all other forgiving heads. What I saw most common, people that bought SLDR either didn't have the swing for it or were too lazy to test all adjustable options and some shafts to get the right fit. I tested a number of shafts and adjustments. It took a while, but my 9.5 is set at 11*+, with PX 7C3 / 74 gram tip stiff low spin shaft. I B happy camper. :)

I previously played a 12* SLDR Tour issue 430, (actual 11.3*) and had it set up as well as possible with some extra weight on the top of the toe plate to balance out the head, plus the Tour-issued models usually come with either an 9 or 11-gram silver weight beneath the blue slider rather than the Retail 16-gram silver weight. (Mine has the 11-gram). I actually hit it well with a nice little 5-yard draw as long as I didn't over swing. However, the SLDR 430 Tour still wasn't exactly a what I would call a 'point and shoot' driver either! It worked fine as long as I was swinging at the recommended 85-90% of max speed, but I was alway reluctant to go 'all out' with it like I can now with the 9.5* SLDR-C Driver. I found that the SLDR-C Driver equipped with the low spin 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black, (tipped 1/2") allows me to go at it as hard as I want for max distance and consistently hit fairways.

I do get your point however, it's much like what you see with the M-Family. If you move the rear weight of an M1 all the way to the rear it certainly becomes more forgiving, while the more forgiving M2, already has the weight back there! I noted that most M1 users, (including Tour Players), place the rear weight all the way back, and sometimes even reverse the 2-weights so the heavier front weight is placed in the rear.

Of course, YMMV, but my average driver distance is higher now than before, and my percentage of fairways hit also went up. I attribute the improved performance to the switch from the SLDR 430 to the SLDR-C. While everyone swings differently, perhaps at least some of us really can have it all!... :rolleyes:

69775508.jpg

69775520.jpg

69775533.jpg

69775545.jpg

69775557.jpg

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Get a 8.5* Adams 9015D with an 80X Aldila Protopype airborne...I dare you.

Wasn't that difficult. And the PYPE was not low spin. Definitely more mid-spin.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

• 3 weeks later...

SLDR 430

Bridgestone j40 445

The SLDR is a bomber!!

I just got a J40 445 9.5 and it's way lower spinning than my G30 LST. I've got a Matrix RUL 80X which is a mid spin shaft in it at 44.5" and it is a low bullet monster. Would be unreal in Scotland. I'm now looking for a 10.5 to get the height up a bit.

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

Krank it down to 7.5 and put an oban black, tipped 1" in it.

In all seriousness, check where you're hitting the ball. With the setup I currently have, all 600 screws in the front and KK XM TX shaft, there's no way I should ever balloon this thing on a good strike. I picked up some swing speed recently and have been swinging faster, and really well, and was at the range yesterday and after some random guy sprayed my club face with foot powder, I found out some really interesting things. I wasn't appreciative of him doing that, but I'm grateful.

I never had anything outside of middle on the horizonal axis, so that was good. But I had various balls that varied on the vertical line of the club face.

Currently have the head turned down to 7.5.

One of the top 5 best feeling strikes I hit was lower on the face. Not straight miss low, but half the ball was below center of the face, and the ball ballooned.

Without something to show me where the impact was, I would've been utterly perplexed. The shaft load felt perfect, and it was one of those strikes where you'd swear you could just feel the ball mush on the club face, but the result was poor. Shots where the ball is 1/2 - 3/4 of a ball higher than middle dont feel quite the same, but the results were much better. It was like hitting a flushed iron and having it come up 10 yards short, and hitting an iron slightly toe side and still getting perfect flight and distance.

Moral of the story: I found out that with a driver, a good feeling strike, which you may swear up and down had to be dead center, might still be a slight miss when you're shooting for lower spin.

Where would some of the Tour Edge Exotics drivers fit into this discussion?

I've hit the TEE EX9 Tour driver in the PGA Store a couple of times and it gives me even lower spin numbers than my Mizuno JPX 850. As I stated in a previous post in this thread, the JPX 850 got my spin down into the high 2000's from the high 3000's. And the TEE EX9 Tour was giving me numbers in the low to mid 2000's.

4000 spin is a swing issue, not equipment.

That's incorrect. I tested drivers that produce insane amount of spin for me (*around 4000) and I have a consistent swing and play a driver now where I get around 2200. This was on trackman btw during a fitting. I see a lot of players that have no idea what they are playing and either need a lot more spin and launch or a big reduction in both.

I'd love to see the trackman data on that "consistent" swing.

You can take whatever J13 says to the bank.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I went from a 6º Cleveland with a New Blue to a Bio Cell Pro at 8.5º and put in a tipped 80g Aldila Phenom NL TX shaft. It helped a great deal. I get a higher flight with less spin. I was around 4000 before the switch and would estimate that I am now in the mid to upper 2000s. Good enough to not be chasing better. The heavier shaft also stabilized my swing, although I am a pretty decent player to start. The downside is the heavier shaft costs me a little head speed. On the upside my drives are more consistent.

Hope that helps you.

If your contact is low on the face, it's cobra ltd pro all day. However this club simply does not want to go left. So if you are a slicer, power fader, it's been tough for people. One the flattest lie angles ever in a modern driver.

As an anti-left solution for me. I've never had a better driver, I just know if I need a big draw, I gotta go 3-wood.

I've heard guys getting best of both worlds with the standard LTD...

Also, this thing is so much fun to hit, I won't get into a Shakespearean description but it is damn pure and muted. Exactly what I want a driver to feel like on good strikes.

I have a friend who has a similar issue as you and swings just about the same ss. He had a extra 6* Geek DCT when he was into Long Drive lying around so I took it form him and I shafted it up with a old X-flex shaft i had lying around, tipped it an inch, and built it to 43.5" BOOM, lower flight, straighter shots, more control. Lets face it at your SS you don't need to be chasing distance... with the shorter length it gave him the control he was seeking and the 6* head helped keep his flight down.

F9 / Attas Punch
5w - F6 Baffler
4, 3 - Apex 19 Hybrid
6, 5, 4 - Cobra Forged Tec SL
7-P - PXG 0211 ST
52, 58 - Cleveland RTX-3
Toulon Indianapolis

If your contact is low on the face, it's cobra ltd pro all day. However this club simply does not want to go left. So if you are a slicer, power fader, it's been tough for people. One the flattest lie angles ever in a modern driver.

As an anti-left solution for me. I've never had a better driver, I just know if I need a big draw, I gotta go 3-wood.

I've heard guys getting best of both worlds with the standard LTD...

Also, this thing is so much fun to hit, I won't get into a Shakespearean description but it is damn pure and muted. Exactly what I want a driver to feel like on good strikes.

Surprisingly, I found it to slice less than my G25. (I am not using the fade setting obviously.)