Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

Apologies for being away for a while... it was an interesting weekend around here. I am going to have to turn in my "Man Card" as I actually sold my little Audi A3 (2006 hatch, 2.0 turbo, 200 HP, 210 lb-ft torque) and bought ... a Prius.

... on the plus side, I can move up to the ladies tees and play in the LPGA now. So, there's that as a nice plus. ;)

Hope all is well and hopefully someone is playing more than I am right now. Only got to play once last week and most courses are in "maintenance" now so I might play some high end courses at "low end" pricing.

OH!!! Are you getting old or something? All these old fart retirees around here drive Prius cars. The windshields must be hard to see out of because they are always running over stuff so be careful :taunt:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Apologies for being away for a while... it was an interesting weekend around here. I am going to have to turn in my "Man Card" as I actually sold my little Audi A3 (2006 hatch, 2.0 turbo, 200 HP, 210 lb-ft torque) and bought ... a Prius.

... on the plus side, I can move up to the ladies tees and play in the LPGA now. So, there's that as a nice plus. ;)

Hope all is well and hopefully someone is playing more than I am right now. Only got to play once last week and most courses are in "maintenance" now so I might play some high end courses at "low end" pricing.

OH!!! Are you getting old or something? All these old fart retirees around here drive Prius cars. The windshields must be hard to see out of because they are always running over stuff so be careful :taunt:

I was looking at about 6 different vehicles, and just couldn't find a plus for most to push the Prius out of the running. The best chance was the new Civic with the Turbo and 43 MPG, but there have been so many recalls and NTSB complaints for issues I wasn't going to take that risk. Plus, the hatchback isn't out until December.

Around here is the Camry drivers... if you ever see an accident in SoCal there is a 95% chance there is a Camry involved.

Took the kiddo to school yesterday and one of the single moms saw me in the car and decided to chat me up a bit. Forgot my ring (I tend to keep it off if hitting balls or if doing housework) and she noticed it and was MUCH more interested in me and the car. Yeah... and my wife says wearing the ring brings them in... I think the Prius might do as much work. ;)

My wife, bless her, has just purchased a new car. A Ford Falcon XR6, they are a high performance version. It's quite funny watching the faces on young hoons when my 71 year old wife leaves them in her dust.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I was looking at about 6 different vehicles, and just couldn't find a plus for most to push the Prius out of the running. The best chance was the new Civic with the Turbo and 43 MPG, but there have been so many recalls and NTSB complaints for issues I wasn't going to take that risk. Plus, the hatchback isn't out until December.

Around here is the Camry drivers... if you ever see an accident in SoCal there is a 95% chance there is a Camry involved.

Took the kiddo to school yesterday and one of the single moms saw me in the car and decided to chat me up a bit. Forgot my ring (I tend to keep it off if hitting balls or if doing housework) and she noticed it and was MUCH more interested in me and the car. Yeah... and my wife says wearing the ring brings them in... I think the Prius might do as much work. ;)

Lol! Prius does kinda scream one of two things. 1)my wife made me or 2) I'm extremely comfortable with my manhood. ;)

Lol! Prius does kinda scream one of two things. 1)my wife made me or 2) I'm extremely comfortable with my manhood. ;)

1) Wife is "more than happy" to "take it off my hands" if I don't like it after a while.

2) Yeah, nobody is gonna mess with me too much... especially once the ice hockey license plate holder is applied. Then again, I might go with something nerdy or a nice golf one if I can find something I like. Most of the funny ones I would either be embarrassed to have on any vehicle OR are so lame I wouldn't want to spend $0.50 to purchase it and make the company think they made something good. ;)

I think it is time for some pink golf balls, pink tees (I have some, but could use more), and maybe a nice pink driver head cover. Bubba may think he owns the color, but he can be a baby about things. I would be manly at all times ... in my Prius ... getting 56MPG ... listening to Bette Midler or some show tunes ... hmmm. :stop: :swoon:

My wife, bless her, has just purchased a new car. A Ford Falcon XR6, they are a high performance version. It's quite funny watching the faces on young hoons when my 71 year old wife leaves them in her dust.

So they still use the Falcon name over there. Is it still a Ford product? They made them in the 60s here up to 67 or 68 I think. generally they were a straight 6 economy car but in 63 and 64 they had a little 260 CI version called the Falcon Sprint which had a good power to weight ratio. Hot Rodders scooped them up and put 289 CI motors in them and later on the 302 motors. Footnote the Falcon used a unibody type front suspension and Ford used that same platform to build the early Mustangs. Us Chevy guys called the early Mustangs "Glorified Falcons"

So they still use the Falcon name over there. Is it still a Ford product? They made them in the 60s here up to 67 or 68 I think. generally they were a straight 6 economy car but in 63 and 64 they had a little 260 CI version called the Falcon Sprint which had a good power to weight ratio. Hot Rodders scooped them up and put 289 CI motors in them and later on the 302 motors. Footnote the Falcon used a unibody type front suspension and Ford used that same platform to build the early Mustangs. Us Chevy guys called the early Mustangs "Glorified Falcons"

The Mrs. new grocery getter?

Detailed right down to the very hard to find 60's Macgregor Tourney valve covers.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Still the Falcon, good Car though. Stopping production this year.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The Mrs. new grocery getter?

Detailed right down to the very hard to find 60's Macgregor Tourney valve covers.

Notice that one has no shock towers it must have a tube chassis under it--- No way in heck could you squeeze a big block between towers

Fella, I wonder if Mickey Thompson made blades? ;)

Of course he did, forged in the USA. No cast or overseas crap for Mickey.

ROTFLMFAO!! My old man did not know squat about cars just how to drive the crap out of them and or wreck them--- No joke my first car was a fire breathing 66 big block Chevelle and it had a set of the stamped aluminum Mickey Thompson valve covers-- Seriously my old man thought Macgregor had went in to making car parts--- Like your pic showed the lettering is just alike--- :rofl:

Fella, I wonder if Mickey Thompson made blades? ;)

Of course he did, forged in the USA. No cast or overseas crap for Mickey.

ROTFLMFAO!! My old man did not know squat about cars just how to drive the crap out of them and or wreck them--- No joke my first car was a fire breathing 66 big block Chevelle and it had a set of the stamped aluminum Mickey Thompson valve covers-- Seriously my old man thought Macgregor had went in to making car parts--- Like your pic showed the lettering is just alike--- :rofl:

Mine was a '68 Camaro SS, then a '73 Z28... now I have a white Ford Fusion... I drive the speed limit... use my turn signals... so, I'm 65..........................

but I do have a new guitar and amp.... :superman2:

LOL just got a good laugh--- My wife and I were watching the Golf tournament on TV-- Adam Scott was putting with that big putter that looks like Mickey Mouse to me. She remarked "My God that putter is larger than that persimmon driver you were playing yesterday"

LOL just got a good laugh--- My wife and I were watching the Golf tournament on TV-- Adam Scott was putting with that big putter that looks like Mickey Mouse to me. She remarked "My God that putter is larger than that persimmon driver you were playing yesterday"

Wow, your wife knows a persimmon driver, mine doesn't know the difference between a wood and a putter. The only thing my wife looks at on the golf course is the wildlife :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Guess I saw that also without really paying any attention to it. So had to use the Googles for a better look. Some new SC prototype thingy. It is rather monstrous looking. One of the buds putts with a long putter do to reoccurring back problems. He wields it effectively. I've tried it out on occasion, don't know how to "grip" it let alone try and putt with it. Had zero feel on short(er) putts and thought that was one of the benefits. I keep telling him he's using a illegal putter. He threatens me with it.

Funny about the oversized, "spaceship" looking putters. Seemingly forever, every time I venture forth unto the LGS putter rack, I try out a Odyssey #7 style. While its only on the demo green in the store, I make putts with it. Consistently. High MOI, face balanced, IDK. But it rolls very well for me. Just that I can't stand to look at it. And not a fan of inserts. I know, its not how they look, its how they perform. But I have all sorts of club prejudices and biases to deal with regardless of outcomes.

Remember when the Ping Syndey was around. Evidently not a very popular putter for them as it didn't last very long. But I kinda liked it, seemed to putt OK with it on the aforementioned practice green. Know someone that has a Syndey in retirement. Been after him to sell it to me. But he wants to hang on to it as a backup, or I'm not offering enough coinage to motivate him.

But, speaking of putters, or more importantly putter grips. Mentioned in a prior post that I acquired a SS Slim 1.0 grip and installed it on my Odyssey #5. I now have two rounds in. And I putting terrible with it, missing lots of putts left. Threw away a good six strokes missing short putts left. Even the buds made comment. Its installed dead straight (have a good eye for installing grips straight). I'm rather flummoxed. Yesterday, felt as though I had to manipulate the club face slightly open in order to keep the putt on line. Which seems counter intuitive to the reason for installing this grip in the first place. So for you SS users. Did you have a adaptation period when first using one? I do not expect nor want a learning curve with a new grip. I'm no better or worse of a putter than the average schmook, but fighting the lefts was not part of my repertoire. Especially with the #5 that has been my goto putter going on four years now. Things better improve quickly, or its going to replaced with a YTBD pistol grip as before.

Wow, your wife knows a persimmon driver, mine doesn't know the difference between a wood and a putter. The only thing my wife looks at on the golf course is the wildlife :)

LOL She has been married to me for 28 years and I have enough of them (close to 50) so yep she knows. Seriously she loves the beauty of the grain and finishes just like I do

Guess I saw that also without really paying any attention to it. So had to use the Googles for a better look. Some new SC prototype thingy. It is rather monstrous looking. One of the buds putts with a long putter do to reoccurring back problems. He wields it effectively. I've tried it out on occasion, don't know how to "grip" it let alone try and putt with it. Had zero feel on short(er) putts and thought that was one of the benefits. I keep telling him he's using a illegal putter. He threatens me with it.

Funny about the oversized, "spaceship" looking putters. Seemingly forever, every time I venture forth unto the LGS putter rack, I try out a Odyssey #7 style. While its only on the demo green in the store, I make putts with it. Consistently. High MOI, face balanced, IDK. But it rolls very well for me. Just that I can't stand to look at it. And not a fan of inserts. I know, its not how they look, its how they perform. But I have all sorts of club prejudices and biases to deal with regardless of outcomes.

Remember when the Ping Syndey was around. Evidently not a very popular putter for them as it didn't last very long. But I kinda liked it, seemed to putt OK with it on the aforementioned practice green. Know someone that has a Syndey in retirement. Been after him to sell it to me. But he wants to hang on to it as a backup, or I'm not offering enough coinage to motivate him.

But, speaking of putters, or more importantly putter grips. Mentioned in a prior post that I acquired a SS Slim 1.0 grip and installed it on my Odyssey #5. I now have two rounds in. And I putting terrible with it, missing lots of putts left. Threw away a good six strokes missing short putts left. Even the buds made comment. Its installed dead straight (have a good eye for installing grips straight). I'm rather flummoxed. Yesterday, felt as though I had to manipulate the club face slightly open in order to keep the putt on line. Which seems counter intuitive to the reason for installing this grip in the first place. So for you SS users. Did you have a adaptation period when first using one? I do not expect nor want a learning curve with a new grip. I'm no better or worse of a putter than the average schmook, but fighting the lefts was not part of my repertoire. Especially with the #5 that has been my goto putter going on four years now. Things better improve quickly, or its going to replaced with a YTBD pistol grip as before.

Sign your buddy up with the OGA that putter is legal here no questions asked. I should sign on as a golf lawyer- Due to his "medical condition" and going by the USGA's own rules that putter should be legal for him. That is a great example of why a lot of Men's leagues and associations here voted to disregard the anchor ban.

On the SS grip thing remember all oversize putter grips are designed to limit movement in the hands and wrists. It may be limiting some of your natural movement that squares the face at impact. You may have a natural eye hand movement you do not know about. For years and years I was an arc putter and some said I had a flaw in my stroke. Now when all this came up with the shakes due to meds and age I changed my overall stroke and grip. For me the SS 2.0 works fine with the claw grip and straight back and through. I actually had one of the early prototypes when they came out. They were hard plastic and literally bolted on the putter with Allen head screws. they were also heavy. I actually told them on the evaluation sheet that they were too heavy and would throw the balance of the putter off. Then they came out with the material that we have now but they can still throw the balance off. I had to add 4 grams of tape to the bottom of the Santa Fe when I put mine on to get it to balance for me. I have told several people if you manulipuate the putter with your hands then an oversize grip is not right for you

I've had two versions of the SuperStroke. The 2.0 that I had on a Anser style putter and later a 1.0 that I have on a Rife 400 mid mallett. In neither case did I putt better with the SuperStroke. I came to the conclusion that I simply had no feel with these grips. It was akin to putting with oven mitts on. I was never a wristy putter to start with, so in hindsight it was probably a poor choice for me.

Since then I have returned to a simple solid grip with taper and the feel returned. I have a Winn Excel that is counterbalanced on my Rossa Tourismo, a Pingman on my Zing and a GP Tour Classic on my Zebra. No one is any better or worse than the other in my estimation.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well look who has showed up at the Grille!!! Thanks for stopping by buddy. And for your comments as well. You also Stu. I'm beginning to have some doubts about this SS exercise for the reasons you both mentioned. Think I am feeling somewhat constricted in the hands and wrists movement. Certainly more so than with the standard sized grip that was on prior. Don't seem to be getting the same "feel" feedback in my hands as I did before. So duly noted your comments for closer observation the next time out. I'll give it two more rounds and some putting green practice to see if it stays on. The SS is on a very short leash.

IIRC Sco, this is your first time posting at the Grill? Introductions are in order. Grill'sters please meet Scomac2002. Sco the Grill'sters. He's a regular over in Classics and we've exchanged a PM or two about our golfing adventures on occasion. Been trying to encourage him to stop by and post a bit here. Told him that the "usual suspects" around here weren't the miscreants that they appear to be.

Maybe just stopped by for "likes" padding. NTTIAWWT. So make it rain. And see that you've got your official unofficial OGA membership number as well. Another of our Canadian brethren spreading the word. Now that you've stopped by, don't be a stranger. You have commentary to offer that is of value and appreciated.

Thanks for the warm welcome gents! Had a conversation with SixtySome last night over his choice of member title which just cracked me up! I told him to save me a stool in the grille room. As fate would have it the appropriate topic presented itself this morning. Going to have to do something about the choice of cars though around these parts... A Ford Falcon? That's got to be about as anti-muscle car as you can get even with the blown motor! :swoon:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I've had two versions of the SuperStroke. The 2.0 that I had on a Anser style putter and later a 1.0 that I have on a Rife 400 mid mallett. In neither case did I putt better with the SuperStroke. I came to the conclusion that I simply had no feel with these grips. It was akin to putting with oven mitts on. I was never a wristy putter to start with, so in hindsight it was probably a poor choice for me.

Since then I have returned to a simple solid grip with taper and the feel returned. I have a Winn Excel that is counterbalanced on my Rossa Tourismo, a Pingman on my Zing and a GP Tour Classic on my Zebra. No one is any better or worse than the other in my estimation.

Yay scomac, you made to this side, fabulous, I knew you would. I have the SuperStroke on my Anser putter right now, which I put on maybe a couple months ago... so the electric company wants their pole back. It seemed pretty cool at first, but it seems to have grown since then, so I'll probably change it before next season. So yeah I know what you mean, kinda like the Ove Glove thing...

Thanks Conrad!

The fat grip is just another example of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, whiz bang gadgets that the industry comes up with. Works for some, not for others. Just another in a long line of incremental gains or so we're led to believe... The trouble with incremental gains is that they're not cumulative despite what the advertisers imply.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Welcome to the Grille Scomac!

I've never tried a fat putter grip. My mind can't process one. Just

seems to conflict with my sense of proper proportion.

It conflicts with your sense of proper proportion?

You must be a show-er and not a grower. :taunt: :cheesy:

I must still be sick cause that went right over my head, lol.

WRX has cost me a lot of money. I was just thinking about the clubs I was

playing when I first joined. I wish I was still playing with them now. I might

as well have thrown $10K in the fireplace.

Let's see, I had Ping G10 irons 4-SW, TBaG 2007 Burner driver and FWs

and an Odyssey #9 putter. I don't think the stuff today is any better.

I didn't really lose $10K cause I've used what I bought and I have bought

and sold somewhat wisely but this place makes you want to have affairs

rather than get married. An age old male problem.

Cool you are over here glad to see you are a member of the OGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)