2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

16 gms on a head...wow. That makes it high launch for sure. My G LS has a 8gm and it comes in at D2, finished 44".

Shot a -1 (71) at Woodley Lakes on last Saturday, a lot of it is because of the driving - its stupid long, baby draw & add in the e6, it ain't gonna go anywhere but straight. Hitting is 285-305 that day, stupid wedges in. And its the shortest driver I have ever had in my hands also. Talk about shorter length=pure contact vs longer shaft=wilder contact, at least for my vertical swing.

Side issue, in my mind, I really want to change the Tour 65 for something more exotic like a Hzrdus, or go to the Kuro Kage Tini but when you see the ball out there, and even driving green 293 out (Golf Club of California, Temecula), there is no logical reason to even change the setting, let alone changing the shaft. Stupid, long driver. Best ever by Ping.

I hear ya on the shorty shaft. I play my G 10.5 with a Red Tie Stiff 3w shaft which makes it 43.5". I'm not a long hitter but I'm hitting it longer on avg than my G30 SF tec at 45".

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from the G30 LS to a G SF... I hit the thing really high. I have it set on 1 degree lower, and can still hit it to the moon.... I am thinking about putting it for sale and getting the LS again. I can get one at 9 degree and raise it up to 9.5ish. and probably do as well with it as anything.. we will have to see.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I went from the G30 LS to a G SF... I hit the thing really high. I have it set on 1 degree lower, and can still hit it to the moon.... I am thinking about putting it for sale and getting the LS again. I can get one at 9 degree and raise it up to 9.5ish. and probably do as well with it as anything.. we will have to see.

Try teeing it lower. One of the change I made in my driver thinking & really, improve my driving out-of-this-world is it to tee it low, for solid contact.

Enuf with these golf magazines, "Tee it high and fly it long" BS.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

It's my natural ball flight as well. I got most everything high. I have experimented with the tee thing and I have yet to find that "sweet spot"

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

What shaft is giving everyone the best dispersion?

Tour 65 stiff, butt cut down to 44" finish length. Control & distance = best dispersion.

Luv my :smilie_ping: G LS

After cutting down the shaft how did it affect lie, loft and face angle?

anything noticeable?

None of those things should be affected by cutting a shaft down. You may find you hit the center of the face more though!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

16 gms on a head...wow. That makes it high launch for sure. My G LS has a 8gm and it comes in at D2, finished 44".

Shot a -1 (71) at Woodley Lakes on last Saturday, a lot of it is because of the driving - its stupid long, baby draw & add in the e6, it ain't gonna go anywhere but straight. Hitting is 285-305 that day, stupid wedges in. And its the shortest driver I have ever had in my hands also. Talk about shorter length=pure contact vs longer shaft=wilder contact, at least for my vertical swing.

Side issue, in my mind, I really want to change the Tour 65 for something more exotic like a Hzrdus, or go to the Kuro Kage Tini but when you see the ball out there, and even driving green 293 out (Golf Club of California, Temecula), there is no logical reason to even change the setting, let alone changing the shaft. Stupid, long driver. Best ever by Ping.

What's more exotic than an Elements Chrome+? You just got a different paint job, but that's what you're playing...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I've been killing my 12.5* LS for a while now. After 2 really poor driving rounds in a row I switch it up, LTD is the current second flavor of choice. About two months ago the LTD got ~10 rounds, had a few bad ones and went back to LS which has been in the bag since. I've gotten really comfortable with it and can say I like it more than the g30 LS I had. Playing DI 6x or rogue 125 50tx. Went -4, -5 on the 4 par 5's at my home track back to back rounds thanks to bombs in the fairway, made 7 birdies in a match the other day. I've never been past +1 and am trending to +2, lot of it is the driver. I've probably got 100+ rounds with the LS this year if anyone has more questions fire away.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Ordered the 10* G SF driver 1/4" short (45.5") @ D4 w/ HZRDUS yellow 60g 6.5. Put it on my Mitchell ruler and Mitchell swing weight machine and it was perfect as ordered. I'm proud of Ping for getting it right!

They must have added a lot of weight since stock spec is D0 and 45.75". And the HZRDUS yellow is counter balanced, so can make drivers swing weight even lighter. Head weighed right at 200g for those who want to compare to std.

The SF sets up square to my eye. I thought the Regular G and LS sat a little open. I wanted a driver I could draw easily. After playing the SF, it is not a super draw club for me but wants to basically go straight (I guess that's why they called it straight flight).

It was carrying past my current driver with same shaft. I don't have TM numbers yet, but could tell it is good. This thing is steady and straight!

Pretty pleased with the SF so far but will see how it goes. Didn't see a lot of info on here about SF, so wanted to leave some feedback on it. Low handcps shouldn't dismiss the SF!

What's more exotic than an Elements Chrome+? You just got a different paint job, but that's what you're playing...

I ain't gonna touch it mate, this thing right now is perfect for my swing, load and tempo. I know if I change the shaft, it will be off.

Plus, I'll save the money and put it towards some Mizuno Hot Metal irons, those irons are DA BOMB, can't wait to replace my RSi2 irons.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I've been killing my 12.5* LS for a while now. After 2 really poor driving rounds in a row I switch it up, LTD is the current second flavor of choice. About two months ago the LTD got ~10 rounds, had a few bad ones and went back to LS which has been in the bag since. I've gotten really comfortable with it and can say I like it more than the g30 LS I had. Playing DI 6x or rogue 125 50tx. Went -4, -5 on the 4 par 5's at my home track back to back rounds thanks to bombs in the fairway, made 7 birdies in a match the other day. I've never been past +1 and am trending to +2, lot of it is the driver. I've probably got 100+ rounds with the LS this year if anyone has more questions fire away.

I agree with your sentiments on the G30 LS. I played mine for a full season, so i knew it well and it resulted sometimes in some terrible tee shots. Absolutely living my standard G right now. I have an M2 as well and keep trying to unseat the G, but it is just so damn good.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Went from G25 10.58 Tour X stock shaft to G 9* Tour 65 S. Not seeing much difference in best hit balls -- G actually seems a yard or two shorter (play the same course all the time).

Difference I'm seeing is mishits finish a LOT better with G for me and I can swing easier/more in control and get about what I was getting the G25.

Didn't really see myself making the switch, but I really liked the G at demo day and pick one up off BST. Glad I did!

Now if I can just land a great deal on Ping i e irons to replace my i20's...

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

I foolishly questioned the PING G SF Tec driver. I bought it in February off the rack without a proper fitting . Wasn't on any forums so didn't realise the importance of fittings. Really started to nail it recently. Thought as everyone does oh maybe if I got another driver I'd gain 20 yards ??. I tried every combination of shaft and head on the marker. I really thought the M2 would smash it for distance. Over ten shots my own driver was 2 yards further carry with 2100 spin. The pro at the shop said he wouldn't have sold me any other driver except maybe the standard G driver if I had come in without a driver. I like the comfort of the SF TEC. I feel if I really go after it and try and smash it I'll get a slight fade but gain good distance. I usually just swing steady at it and it will find the fairway.Needless to say I learnt a valuable lesson in my new addiction.

I just recently switched from the Tour 65 shaft in my G LS to the Fujikura VC 7.2 TS shaft and I'm getting lower spin, along with a better ability to fade the ball (I had trouble doing that with the Tour 65). I also like the added swing weight as I feel like I have more control. It made my bomber even more bomberish.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro

Other than 1/2* in loft, what is the difference between a G 9* (upright 1*) and a LS 10.5* (regular)?

The LS is fade-biased

My apologies. Let's change my question to:

Other than 1/2* in loft, what is the difference between a G 9* (upright 1*) and a SF 10.5* (regular)?

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

I will be putting a G30 LS in play this week with a Speeder 661 evo stiff. I went for a fitting last week and long story short, was fit into the G head at 9.6* with a AD MT6s. It was a nice combo that produced my longest carry of the day but after looking at the numbers the Evo was the most consistent carry wise. Dispersion was pretty good, too, so to save myself some coin, I picked up an Evo pull and a G30 LST with the Tour 65 stiff from Roger Dunn and swapped the head over to the Speeder. I like the Tour shaft but I don't think it's quite the right fit for me. I would have liked to have tried some other shaft/head options at the fitting but they only had the new lines of heads and no Ping Tour shaft. The G head does sound/feel better than the G30 LS to me, but I am strictly going for performance this time around so we'll see how it goes. Buddy of mine plays the G30 LST with a 108-112 ss and the Tour 65 stiff and just bombs the driver, very fun to watch. I will report back with the on course performance of the Speeder/G30 LS combo Friday.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Other than 1/2* in loft, what is the difference between a G 9* (upright 1*) and a LS 10.5* (regular)?

The LS is fade-biased

Other than 1/2* in loft, what is the difference between a G 9* (upright 1*) and a SF 10.5* (regular)?

The SF has the weighting moved in a way to promote a right to left shot (or to fight a left to right shot) (for a right hand golfer) So in essence it is "draw bias" without being "closed at address"

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Looking to cut down my G sft. It has the Alta shaft and want to cut 1 1/4" off. Someone said the Alta shaft is counter balanced and should not be cut down? If I can cut it, looks like I need to buy the 16 gram weight to get swing weight correct?

I had mine supplied by Ping 3/4 shorter, so cant be too much of a problem, but they adjusted the swing weight back to stock

The LS is fade-biased

The SF has the weighting moved in a way to promote a right to left shot (or to fight a left to right shot) (for a right hand golfer) So in essence it is "draw bias" without being "closed at address"

Yup. Of course one can increase the loft, which closes the club face at address.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0