2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tim Rosaforte basically says put up or shutup Tiger!

jjr

I have thought on this since you posted it and tried to leave it alone but and i have to ask...... How do you report on golf and have such a limited equipment knowledge? I have to assume you dont play the game and/or have never played the game? Im not saying this from a place of anger or disgust...But from a place of suprise... Im not sure how you can accurately report info , or even gather the info without some knowledge on the subject ...

Do you really think the average Joe Soap cares that much about equipment? Maybe golfwrx isn't the best place in the world to make that point but golf is a niche sport as it is, obsessing about golf equipment is a niche within a niche. What No Laying Up does with say the Rory McIroy interview say is more insightful journalism, focusing on human interest, that can relate to way more people than x player trying out NXRGLPM206 Driver instead of NXRGLPM205 Driver. Some of the best articles on golf I've written are from people I know have limited equipment knowledge, just like a tennis journalist might not know much about rackets or a football journalist might not know much about the football but they know how to describe a spectacle.

Questioning his profession because he doesn't have a big interest in golf equipment is ridiculous in my opinion. No Laying Up's stuff is excellent.

I respect that point of view...and i realize i am a dinosaur waiting for death... ( im 36) ...when I watch auto racing ( which isnt much anymore) i expect the in race reporters to know at least general knowledge of an automobiles construction.... But in most cases that person to the layperson should seem to be an expert... I see this as the same... if he were reporting on Rorys Girlfriends of the week , sure..it doesnt matter... But hes reporting on Tigers equipment....not his divorce.... seems reasonable to expect the story or blurb to be written by someone who knows how many tires the car has..yes?

Look im not trying to attack personally.... I dont know the person.. im sure he is a great guy.. he has been polite to me, and likewise im trying to reply the same... My feelings on the subject are much stronger than i am typing here... Its a symptom of the problem with todays "news" ..it all seems to be written in a dash and based on nothing.... and i just wish it werent the case...

In response to the "niche within a niche" ...sure.... but if joe blow doesnt care then why is he writting about it ???? answer is- because enough of us care to make a difference , which throws the niche within a niche theory out the back door with the old bathwater... It absolutely does matter because joe blow takes what he reads as gospel... he then brings it here to our site and re-reports it as truth.... and so often what joe re-reports isnt even close to reality ... anyway ill remove my foot from my mouth and get off the soap box.. feel free to flame away ... just know that im arguing for you too, we should all want our news , no matter how trivial, to be based on fact or at least here-say that has a named source and/or makes sense compared to past actions of the subject.

I'm with you on this, and you do make some fair points. My argument would be, as I'm so ignorant to the details of the equipment game, that should be an indication that I'm just passing on information that I've been told. Hard to separate the blow hards from guys with good info, so I get your frustration there.

If you'd like some validation to what I had reported on, go to about 21:15 of this podcast I just recorded with Charles Howell: http://nolayingup.co...les-howell-iii/

and that good sir helps alot... Im not without reason .. My appologies if ive offended.. I suppose im ignorant just the same to the whole social media news scene...which i know is rare for a person my age... Ive never joined facebook and dont use twitter athough i do have an account ..... I shouldnt have generalized ... .. I abhor the idea of social media being the main form of news ....but i know its now reality... Might as well be reality the credibility of major news left several years ago... lol...Maybe you gained a listener the hard way just now.. Thanks for listening to the question and responding as cordial as anyone could have..

p.s i still bet tiger plays the glued nike driver....but hey ... we will have to wait and see ... :swoon:

All good my man, no offense taken. There's actually plenty of stuff out there that could lead you to conclude that I'm a joke, but I just don't think this is it, haha.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man there are a lot of thin skinned people around here. I can't stand "Rosie" but I didn't hear a lot that I could disagree with in that video. All this will he or won't he crap passed being old a long time ago.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Tim rosaforte is an elitist blowhard who likes to hear himself speak and thinks he's better than you or I because he gets to get "inside" info in the golf world. He's always so smug which doesn't help.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Man there are a lot of thin skinned people around here. I can't stand "Rosie" but I didn't hear a lot that I could disagree with in that video. All this will he or won't he crap passed being old a long time ago.

I don't disagree with anything he said.

What would have been clever and interesting would have been some analysis on how Chirkinian theorized that the golf fan could only handle 3 maybe 4 "idols" at a time, how that helped launched "Tiger-mania," and combined with today's 24 hour news and paparazzi "news" cycles created a bobble-head bigger than golf.

I just can't get past the hypocrisy of an NBC/Golf Channel analyst blaming an athlete that the media has nothing more to cover than everywhere he goes, or when he practices, or when he does or does not enter a tournament.

I don't doubt that the Tiger / Steinworth machine realized that they made a mistake when they announced dates that he was not ready to play. Cover that. Cover the comeback. Cover the improbability of the comeback. Cover his love life. Cover whatever you like, as long as it's original and marginally thought-proving. Don't complain that the orange is out of juice, or do and risk looking like the vampire that you are.

Tim Rosaforte has ZERO street cred after his insane Tiger reports.

1 million likes for this! Rosaforte had drooled all over every report of "worst ball 62" "Parnevik says he is striping it" "Notah reports Tiger shot 55 last week at Isleworth" and other such nonsense for years now.

Rosaforte will continue drinking the Tiger Kool-Aid

you mean talking about all the Tiger wins his majors wins to go along with his amateur record and dominating the tour for over ten years.That must be a big glass of kool aid.

Tim rosaforte is an elitist blowhard who likes to hear himself speak and thinks he's better than you or I because he gets to get "inside" info in the golf world. He's always so smug which doesn't help.

LOL... I've seen almost the same post written about another tiger critic.

Has nothing to do with tiger.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

What did I say that was worthy of being called a joke? The TaylorMade piece has essentially been confirmed. The Scotty was seen in the bag right? I said I was least sure about the Mizuno part, and nothing I've heard would make me think it won't be a Bridgestone ball.

I'm genuinely confused here.

Tiger hitting an M2 3 wood on the range doesnt prove M1 driver in the bag...we have yet to see under any driver headcovers..and he usually has 2-3 in the bag in all pics ive seen. no mizuno iron pics yet either..... now to be fair im not a tweeter so the account of what was posted was from a thread here... so it might not hav been accurately reported... But sounded pretty solid on the projection and i still say he wont come out playing an adjustable driver.... But hey .. i guess we will see soon enough.... Joke maybe a strong word... But predictions without citing proof is something anyone can do.... and all of us have the potential for the same degree of accuracy... back pocket projections just seem to work that way.

I said that I heard he was set to use a TaylorMade driver at Safeway. Then, that he played that week before the Safeway with the M1 in the bag. Also stated that I had no second source or confirmation on the Mizuno irons, but that is what I had heard. For the record, I don't even know what an adjustable driver is because I usually don't dabble in the equipment game, but a lot of our readers care about it, so I passed it on.

These aren't just rumblings from random people. I considered it good enough information to pass along. I get that people don't like unnamed sources, and I can't imagine how many thousands have been referenced on these message boards that ended up not ringing true, but unfortunately that's how these things work. But I'm not just throwing stuff out there like the STP with no regard for any matter of truth.

I have thought on this since you posted it and tried to leave it alone but and i have to ask...... How do you report on golf and have such a limited equipment knowledge? I have to assume you dont play the game and/or have never played the game? Im not saying this from a place of anger or disgust...But from a place of suprise... Im not sure how you can accurately report info , or even gather the info without some knowledge on the subject ...

But that doesn't have any impact on any info I pass on.

Good points all, however the fictitious username and fake avatar might have an impact on how any of that information is received.

Fairways Greens & 460cc drivers 4ever My Friend

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

But that doesn't have any impact on any info I pass on.

Good points all, however the fictitious username and fake avatar might have an impact on how any of that information is received.

Fairways Greens & 460cc drivers 4ever My Friend

RP

Legitimately no idea what you're saying here

"I'm genuinely confused here"...

"Legitimately no idea what you're saying here"...

LMAO, welcome to my world Bro :)

Have a great weekend

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

It seems like a dangerous move for a second rate journalist to "call out" possibly the greatest player of all time because he's delayed his comeback. How about Rosafort grows up, waits for the comeback, then writes a meaningful piece?

Tiger owes us nothing. This piece came across as though Tiger is indebted to us. Did anyone ever talk about MJ this way? Seems to me it was usually just "we are lucky to witness his greatness".

This whole "put up or shut up" is just astounding. If I were Tiger, I'd never say another word to Rosafort (not that he does anyway. Rosafort's Tiger "sources" are probably gardeners at the Medalist, and wire tapping Notah Begay's cell phone).

Bingo.

Wow, judging by this thread, I wish the guy would just come back and play. So many big fans just waiting, with nothing better to do.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

10 days to go, this shall be interesting and I can't wait. Tear it up Tiger!

http://www.golfworld...rticleId1008080

I think Rosaforte is absolutely correct in his opinion. To all these screaming for Rosaforte's head: he isn't saying "Tiger can't do it, can't play, can't play the way he used to play." He's saying: "Tiger, stop talking about it and Just Do It" (remember that slogan?).

It is time for Woods to stop trying to keep himself relevant by entering and WDing tournaments; and time for him to start showing up and giving the golf world the things he keeps promising them. I would respect TW a lot more if he would make the effort and accept the results, even if he fails to make the cut, than I do for dropping out without trying, because he might be afraid to fail publicly. There is no shame in being beaten; or playing badly, if you played. There is shame in saying you are going to do something you have no intention of actually doing, just to call attention to yourself.

Stick in the ground and get after it, Tiger!

Callaway EF SZ 10.5º with Kuro Kage Black in R flex
Callaway EF 3W 15º with Tensei AV Blue R flex
Callaway Apex Hybrids 3 and 4 with Mamiya Recoil Dart 75R shafts
5 - P,A Callaway Apex21 Irons w/Elevate 95 ETS shafts R flex
Callaway PM19 in 54º and 58º w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
TM SpiderX Navy 35"
'21 Pro V1x

21 -Pro V1x

If Tiger wins next week, will be 80 wins and still laughing at Curtis Strange and haters ahah

No but nice try.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Please print this out and give one to every golf channel employee...

Tiger is [at worst] the second greatest human being to ever lace up spikes...

He will surpass Jack when he passes Snead in my eyes...

To win 79 tournaments in the modern age is ludicrous...

And that's to say nothing of the world golf championships..

The golf channel is simply a troll network at this point…

Refusing to acknowledge Tigers all time greatness is preposterous..

You and I must have stratosherically different opinions of what makes great human beings.....

that's always a big debate...not sure on the spelling for stratospherically, but doesn't mean you are not a great human being ;)

also remember the context : Tiger Woods...second most majors...so technically evil or not... he is a great human being for achieving all he has done...No?

I mean presidents get passes for their indiscretions...the meek moralistic mortals do the judging..the millionaires/billionaires do the risk taking... in all sense of the word. Such is life

Simply substitute the words "greatest golfer" for the words "greatest human being", and it would seem to solve both arguments. He isn't necessarily a great human being for achieving all he has done as a golfer. Nor is he a bad human being for achieving. Those tremendous accomplishments in the world of golf don't necessarily make one a "great human being". They do make him a great golfer. There are many people who excel in their own field. It makes them great at that area of life, but being a great human being extends far beyond sports achievements.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to denigrate Tiger. I hope he is able to come back and compete at a good level. I personally think he won't do as well as he used to, simply due to age and injuries, but one never knows. He may surprise me and win several more majors.

There's never any shortage of pundits who speak like they know what is going to happen with, for sure, count on it, take that to the bank-like confidence. I seem to recall something like that happening a few weeks ago . . .

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

There's never any shortage of pundits who speak like they know what is going to happen with, for sure, count on it, take that to the bank-like confidence. I seem to recall something like that happening a few weeks ago . . .

They couldn't have been more wrong, and yet they all still have jobs. Makes you wonder huh?

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Relieved to see Peter Finch taught Rosaforte how to use a camera.

Rosaforte has no business in Finch's class...

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

Tim Rosaforte has ZERO street cred after his insane Tiger reports.

Yeah, he bought into Tiger's 66 worst ball scramble score when 63 is the course record and apparently it was a true worst ball scramble meaning after holing 2 putts from the same place to finish out the hole. 72 would be an incredible score easily as good as the 63.