Scratch versus Top-20 in the World Pro

Obee

I guess the next thing everybody is going to want to see is ripvan and his 280 yard 3 iron beat christerone after giving him six a side at 2000 US Open Pebble Beach.

His driving distance was 268 yards that year and as I indicated, he flew it 245 ish but not much more. I never said 280 yard 3 iron-you made that up. I'll assume you can't read or you want to read into what you want to. I never said my swing speed was 140 mph, you made that up.

Durant barely reached the 10th fairway at BethPage some years after that. My poorly made point is some of these players are extraordinary despite being fairly short off the tee. The type of course matters as does the scoring pattern of the amateur. 9 shots a side to a decent Am is almost impossible to win. 4-5 a side would be a decent match against a good scratch in my opinion.

I'll assume you can't read either because I'm clearly not the one that called you out on a 280 yard 3 iron and 140 mph swing speed. I simply made a joke about how this thread quickly turned into a pissing contest about how touring pro's are not really that good and that a "wrx scratch" could easily handle one in a big money game at a super tough players club.

Yep that was my doing. I'll apologize for being a smart a** . I simply went and looked at his driving stats on the champions tour and he currently has a driving distance average of over 280. I also know him at a personal level and have hit balls with him at the back of the range st PGA West the week that he won the Bob Hope . The guys a ball striking machine ! Was hitting driver 295 below sea level that day shot after shot after shot. His putting stats for the week were outside of the top 30 yet he still managed to shoot 36 under par!!

I just thought your claim of hitting three iron past his driver might've been a tad exaggerated. But I could be wrong.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the next thing everybody is going to want to see is ripvan and his 280 yard 3 iron beat christerone after giving him six a side at 2000 US Open Pebble Beach.

His driving distance was 268 yards that year and as I indicated, he flew it 245 ish but not much more. I never said 280 yard 3 iron-you made that up. I'll assume you can't read or you want to read into what you want to. I never said my swing speed was 140 mph, you made that up.

Durant barely reached the 10th fairway at BethPage some years after that. My poorly made point is some of these players are extraordinary despite being fairly short off the tee. The type of course matters as does the scoring pattern of the amateur. 9 shots a side to a decent Am is almost impossible to win. 4-5 a side would be a decent match against a good scratch in my opinion.

I'll assume you can't read either because I'm clearly not the one that called you out on a 280 yard 3 iron and 140 mph swing speed. I simply made a joke about how this thread quickly turned into a pissing contest about how touring pro's are not really that good and that a "wrx scratch" could easily handle one in a big money game at a super tough players club.

Yep that was my doing. I'll apologize for being a smart a** . I simply went and looked at his driving stats on the champions tour and he currently has a driving distance average of over 280. I also know him at a personal level and have hit balls with him at the back of the range st PGA West the week that he won the Bob Hope . The guys a ball striking machine ! Was hitting driver 295 below sea level that day shot after shot after shot. His putting stats for the week were outside of the top 30 yet he still managed to shoot 36 under par!!

I just thought your claim of hitting three iron past his driver might've been a tad exaggerated. But I could be wrong.

Haha! Im with you Isaac! Probably just a tad. But what do I know. I am certain that this would cause some very interesting gapping at the bottom of the bag. Of course the bottom of the bag would be considered anything for 210 yards and in, in this case. Lol

Haha! Im with you Isaac! Probably just a tad. But what do I know. I am certain that this would cause some very interesting gapping at the bottom of the bag. Of course the bottom of the bag would be considered anything for 210 yards and in, in this case. Lol

210 in?

Just hood a GW ; )

RipVan,

Don't know if you missed Forged4Ever's post to you earlier, but here it is below. Seems like we might be able to get a good story out of this.

"Did you know Sam?

That's odd because one, Sam rarely rarely ever Played in Money games and two, in 40-45 rounds with him I never once saw him Play for more than $5-10 Nassaus with Ams that he did not know. He did not throw his money around and I can't count the number of times I saw him turn down Money games.

The most that I saw him Play for was $1500 against my former BB Partner, who was also a student of Sam's Bro Pete, and Sam told him if he beat him, Sam would back him for one year on the Fla mini circuit. This was in 1985 and Sam was six years removed from a T42in the 1979 PGA Championship and Chuckie beat Sam on the 18th with an 8' bird putt. He was only the second individual that Sam ever backed in a run at the Tour. Chuckie was a +4.8 at the time, all competitive rounds(money games or Tourneys)

Sam never Played in our Vegs/Birdie flips swats-

Not once though Pete Played a lot till he got older and couldn't Play the BoBs(Back of the Box)-

Actually, I think that you're too hard on yourself because one of your better decisions as a young man was not Playing Sam for money,

Head up, Your 80 at Winged Foot not withstanding-

I'm curious, how old was Sam when this all occurred, or what year was this?

I wish you a great upcoming season?️

LMAO, Bro, you don't have to start a go round, lol-

Rip doesn't owe me, Obes or anyone else here a response if he doesn't feel like it-

My point isn't to Play "gotcha" or jump someone as this is for entertainment and enjoyment, not to put someone in a corner-

I probably shouldn't have commented in the first place however I loved Pete more than my own step father and and while Sam could be a Diva, he was Pete's Bro and arguably one of the 4-5 Greatest Players in the history of the game, so when someone with a nonexistent avatar and a fictitious UN says that one of his bigger mistakes of his early years was not Playing Sam Friggin Snead for money, well, I don't care if it was following his last stroke when he couldn't effectively grip a club, it's hard for me to just STFU and say nothing, lol.

Then ya throw in that Joe Durant hits a ball 280-290 all day every day, along with 85% of his fairways AND his greens, well, I ain't quite medicated enough to ignore this stuff-

I will say Rip, while ya can't turn back the clock on takin some green out Sam's pocket, I'm sure ole Isaac or Obes would ablige ya, LMAO

I know I know, they're not Sam Snead or Joe Durant, but they are two of the nicest guys that you'll ever meet and they will administer an *** whuppin on you that you'll not only never forget, but you'll thank them afterwards for the pleasure of their company!

Jonesy, is that you??

Come on Bro, it's you and me...

You can email me!!

Why'd ya bail on me??

You can ask Madison, that hurt my feelings and that ain't easy to do Bro, LMAO

Ok, I'm finished

Oh, I never did give my opinion on Obe's question-

In this situation, I'd go with the scratch!!

HaHa, and you guys just think I've got nothing but my looks goin for me?

Stay well My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

FTR, Phil got the stock tip that was later deemed inappropriate as part payment for a bet he won. Obviously the plan wasn't to get caught, so a lucrative tip would be payment not punishment.

Pro wins by the third hole. Easily. No contest. Most scratch players are vanity scratches.

How do you get 16 up through three holes??

These tour pros really are playing a game with which I'm not familiar!!

That's what happens when you're a pro, bro. He's that good. ;)

Bad joke for MTLJeff, he called it at 8, which is funnier, but I couldn't resist.

What do you mean you can't win a match in 8 holes? What is this, Russia?

The pro wins this match easy with a triple in the 6th inning

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

FTR, Phil got the stock tip that was later deemed inappropriate as part payment for a bet he won. Obviously the plan wasn't to get caught, so a lucrative tip would be payment not punishment.

Pro wins by the third hole. Easily. No contest. Most scratch players are vanity scratches.

How do you get 16 up through three holes??

These tour pros really are playing a game with which I'm not familiar!!

It's the golf version of shinny.

I'm just getting into this thread, I'm pretty much your average 2 handicap, nothing really special about my game, my current 20 indexes have a standard deviation of 3.0. Highest single score index is 10.4 and lowest is +0.9. My home course is 6950 from the tips where I play and 74.3/147, very tough for its length. I can reliably shoot 80 or better there 80% or more of the time, anything better than 77 is better than average. A pro would probably average 69-71, so I'm guessing I'd need 4-5 shots a side, maybe 9 total to compete in the long run. Change this to a scratch player and you're looking at 3-4 shots a side probably 7 total. At 3 shots a side AND match play I think this is a very close bet, the pro probably wins 50 to 60 percent of the time but pretty close to fair, giving the edge to the pro because of consistency.

RipVan,

Don't know if you missed Forged4Ever's post to you earlier, but here it is below. Seems like we might be able to get a good story out of this.

"Did you know Sam?

That's odd because one, Sam rarely rarely ever Played in Money games and two, in 40-45 rounds with him I never once saw him Play for more than $5-10 Nassaus with Ams that he did not know. He did not throw his money around and I can't count the number of times I saw him turn down Money games.

The most that I saw him Play for was $1500 against my former BB Partner, who was also a student of Sam's Bro Pete, and Sam told him if he beat him, Sam would back him for one year on the Fla mini circuit. This was in 1985 and Sam was six years removed from a T42in the 1979 PGA Championship and Chuckie beat Sam on the 18th with an 8' bird putt. He was only the second individual that Sam ever backed in a run at the Tour. Chuckie was a +4.8 at the time, all competitive rounds(money games or Tourneys)

Sam never Played in our Vegs/Birdie flips swats-

Not once though Pete Played a lot till he got older and couldn't Play the BoBs(Back of the Box)-

Actually, I think that you're too hard on yourself because one of your better decisions as a young man was not Playing Sam for money,

Head up, Your 80 at Winged Foot not withstanding-

I'm curious, how old was Sam when this all occurred, or what year was this?

I wish you a great upcoming season?️

LMAO, Bro, you don't have to start a go round, lol-

Rip doesn't owe me, Obes or anyone else here a response if he doesn't feel like it-

My point isn't to Play "gotcha" or jump someone as this is for entertainment and enjoyment, not to put someone in a corner-

I probably shouldn't have commented in the first place however I loved Pete more than my own step father and and while Sam could be a Diva, he was Pete's Bro and arguably one of the 4-5 Greatest Players in the history of the game, so when someone with a nonexistent avatar and a fictitious UN says that one of his bigger mistakes of his early years was not Playing Sam Friggin Snead for money, well, I don't care if it was following his last stroke when he couldn't effectively grip a club, it's hard for me to just STFU and say nothing, lol.

Then ya throw in that Joe Durant hits a ball 280-290 all day every day, along with 85% of his fairways AND his greens, well, I ain't quite medicated enough to ignore this stuff-

I will say Rip, while ya can't turn back the clock on takin some green out Sam's pocket, I'm sure ole Isaac or Obes would ablige ya, LMAO

I know I know, they're not Sam Snead or Joe Durant, but they are two of the nicest guys that you'll ever meet and they will administer an *** whuppin on you that you'll not only never forget, but you'll thank them afterwards for the pleasure of their company!

Jonesy, is that you??

Come on Bro, it's you and me...

You can email me!!

Why'd ya bail on me??

You can ask Madison, that hurt my feelings and that ain't easy to do Bro, LMAO

Ok, I'm finished

Oh, I never did give my opinion on Obe's question-

In this situation, I'd go with the scratch!!

HaHa, and you guys just think I've got nothing but my looks goin for me?

Stay well My Friends,

RP

No way it's Jonsey. If it were he Would have played him and won easily. Then he would have started a thread asking how to turn pro.

I gotta get to the Burgh to sit and listen to some stories from you over some IC Lights!!

Scratch players come in many different iterations...the 45 year old, former college player with tons of experience will likely beat the snot out of the local yokal that still puts up an 81-82 once in every 4-5 rounds. Handicap system has some significant flaws IMO. That said, a top 20 player in the world would destroy a high percentage of scratch golfers ALL the time. An experienced scratch player might eek out 1 or 2 outta 10. Being that its match play is a HUGE help to the AM.

EDIT: Once greens speeds hit 11 or higher, golf becomes a different animal. EVERYTHING is so magnified. Thats another huge advantage to the touring pros cause that is their normal.

Home course advantage can be huge. If you have played a course a few 1000 times, you know how the putt will break 200 yards out. Advantage - scratch player (assuming it is his home course)

I would bet my entire retirement the following:

---------------------------

1) The 2017 US junior amateur champion could wax every single golfwrx member giving 3 shots a side…

2) The 2017 US amateur champion would win giving them 6 shots a side…

3) Someone who is top 20 in the world could beat a scratch wrxer giving them 9 shots aside...

----------------------------

None of these matches would be close.

-Chris

I'll take the second bet all day long, and I'm playing to a garbage 1. I shoot 76, dude still has to shoot 64...

Agree though, there is a wide variety of "scratch" golfers. Short/Long Course, Par/Birdie Machine, etc.

Matt Hansen (GolfingBro and life of conditional web.com member thread starter) just shot a 62 in a tourney at a 7000+ yard Q school track with a bogie. Anyone know of any 49's being shot on 18 holes by US Am champs? ???

1) The 2017 US junior amateur champion could wax every single golfwrx member giving 3 shots a side

2) The 2017 US amateur champion would win giving them 6 shots a side

3) Someone who is top 20 in the world could beat a scratch wrxer giving them 9 shots aside...

-Chris

I'll take the second bet all day long, and I'm playing to a garbage 1. I shoot 76, dude still has to shoot 64...

Agree though, there is a wide variety of "scratch" golfers. Short/Long Course, Par/Birdie Machine, etc.

Matt Hansen (GolfingBro and life of conditional web.com member thread starter) just shot a 62 in a tourney at a 7000+ yard Q school track with a bogie. Anyone know of any 49's being shot on 18 holes by US Am champs?

L. M. MF. A. O.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Most everyone brings a lot to this site. There are some guys and girls who've played at various levels of "the show." There are people who have tested clubs, balls and have experiences that most of us don't have. OB brings something very unique to the forum and that's playing with some of the top professionals and amateurs in the world. OB has also shared some of his personal growth and development in his golf game and life, which he didn't need to do.

I'm a fan of OB...there, I've said it. His threads intrigue me and I read every word and then I ask questions to fill in the blanks. If you don't see merit in the posts, you're missing the essence of this forum. It's about golfers, of all levels, sharing their personal experiences and their journey. OB has an opportunity that few of us experience and he's graciously shares it with us. There's nothing braggadocios, just one guy playing golf...with a 7h.

Keep it coming OB...and thank you.

Well said.

Most everyone brings a lot to this site. There are some guys and girls who've played at various levels of "the show." There are people who have tested clubs, balls and have experiences that most of us don't have. OB brings something very unique to the forum and that's playing with some of the top professionals and amateurs in the world. OB has also shared some of his personal growth and development in his golf game and life, which he didn't need to do.

I'm a fan of OB...there, I've said it. His threads intrigue me and I read every word and then I ask questions to fill in the blanks. If you don't see merit in the posts, you're missing the essence of this forum. It's about golfers, of all levels, sharing their personal experiences and their journey. OB has an opportunity that few of us experience and he's graciously shares it with us. There's nothing braggadocios, just one guy playing golf...with a 7h.

Well said.

Ditto. I've never been in an OB thread before. This is the first I've heard of him. With his popularity I'm not sure how I've missed him? Anyway, I've enjoyed reading his account of this. Keep'em coming!

Well said.

Ditto. I've never been in an OB thread before. This is the first I've heard of him. With his popularity I'm not sure how I've missed him? Anyway, I've enjoyed reading his account of this. Keep'em coming!

He's the Best!!

Actually He, Isaac & Drewster & Madison are my "Big 4"

If you think that I've turned into some soft fan boi Gumby, fear not, as I Put myself 5th, 6th and T7

Have a great day/evening Gents?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Well said.

He's the Best!!

Actually He, Isaac & Drewster & Madison are my "Big 4"

If you think that I've turned into some soft fan boi Gumby, fear not, as I Put myself 5th, 6th and T7

Have a great day/evening Gents?

My Best,

RP

If all of your posts showed that kind of brevity I would agree. Unfortunately most of your posts lead me to needing to recharge my phone after reading. :)

Be well RP!

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I'd love to lose a match to Phil but I wouldn't bet my retirement on it. Maybe a couple thousand or so wouldn't hurt too much. LOL. I'd love to lose some money to him. Why not. This was Phil's card on day 1 of the 2006 US Open at Winged Foot and my recollection of my card playing the tips around two weeks earlier...a real score of 80 blows with a couple three putts and some stupid messiness as befits someone of relatively limited skill. 9 a side? No way. Do the math. I played really well although an 80 doesn't sound so good. Nine a side? Six a side would have been a 2-1 match. Five a side and Phil would have won on the 18th green. Is this a realistic comparison? I dunno. I find normal average courses to be very easy compared to what the real professional play. Is it an apples to apples comparo? Phil is probably plus 7-11 as a range. I am sometimes a zero plus or minus a little. Match play with six or nine a side helps the AM more than the Pro. I probably have a similar comparision I could do for Merion and Shinnecock but I would have to dig out the card. I remember Winged Foot because it was one of those rounds that coulda, shoulda, and just got away....I could not handle the rough or greens

I usually want to throw up aka puke when I hear a 20 Hcp tell me I should have played on Tour when they observe me shoot a 68 or whatever on an insipid dog track. They have no idea. I get it. i really do. I suck. I apologize if my postings meant anything other than true awe at their the pga player's ability but nine a side? Come on. Nine? Five a side and the top pro wins most of the time. Oh....and yes, I used to be very, very long. I am just an old broken fart now. Looking some silver right now from being a finalist in the national long drive many moons ago. A 245 yard in the air 3 iron was nothing. Just a fact. So, I know for sure that distance in and of itself is not the essential ingredient to great scores. Although it was nice having short irons into par fives. The pros are great for reasons I cannot comprehend. No clue although I did get a sense following Seve a few times. He shot under par and if I had to play his ball, I would not have broken 90. It is something inside them.

HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT PAR 4 4 3 4 5 4 3 4 4 35 3 4 5 3 4 4 4 4 4 35 70 Phil 4 5 3 4 5 4 2 4 4 35 3 4 6 3 4 4 4 4 3 35 70

RIP 4 5 3 6 5 6 3 5 5 42 4 4 6 4 4 4 4 4 4 38 80

I'd love to lose a match to Phil but I wouldn't bet my retirement on it. Maybe a couple thousand or so wouldn't hurt too much. LOL. I'd love to lose some money to him. Why not. This was Phil's card on day 1 of the 2006 US Open at Winged Foot and my recollection of my card playing the tips around two weeks earlier...a real score of 80 blows with a couple three putts and some stupid messiness as befits someone of relatively limited skill. 9 a side? No way. Do the math. I played really well although an 80 doesn't sound so good. Nine a side? Six a side would have been a 2-1 match. Five a side and Phil would have won on the 18th green. Is this a realistic comparison? I dunno. I find normal average courses to be very easy compared to what the real professional play. Is it an apples to apples comparo? Phil is probably plus 7-11 as a range. I am sometimes a zero plus or minus a little. Match play with six or nine a side helps the AM more than the Pro. I probably have a similar comparision I could do for Merion and Shinnecock but I would have to dig out the card. I remember Winged Foot because it was one of those rounds that coulda, shoulda, and just got away....I could not handle the rough or greens

I usually want to throw up aka puke when I hear a 20 Hcp tell me I should have played on Tour when they observe me shoot a 68 or whatever on an insipid dog track. They have no idea. I get it. i really do. I suck. I apologize if my postings meant anything other than true awe at their the pga player's ability but nine a side? Come on. Nine? Five a side and the top pro wins most of the time. Oh....and yes, I used to be very, very long. I am just an old broken fart now. Looking some silver right now from being a finalist in the national long drive many moons ago. A 245 yard in the air 3 iron was nothing. Just a fact. So, I know for sure that distance in and of itself is not the essential ingredient to great scores. Although it was nice having short irons into par fives. The pros are great for reasons I cannot comprehend. No clue although I did get a sense following Seve a few times. He shot under par and if I had to play his ball, I would not have broken 90. It is something inside them.

HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT PAR 4 4 3 4 5 4 3 4 4 35 3 4 5 3 4 4 4 4 4 35 70 Phil 4 5 3 4 5 4 2 4 4 35 3 4 6 3 4 4 4 4 3 35 70

RIP 4 5 3 6 5 6 3 5 5 42 4 4 6 4 4 4 4 4 4 38 80

Thanks for responding :)

I was never very very long though with persimmon I was longer than average though just like my game, a level below elite(very very long, lol) however I can relate to being an old broken down one eyed fart :)

Hey Bro, at least we got the memories ?

Stay well my Friend and have enjoy the season?️

My Best,

Richard

1) The 2017 US junior amateur champion could wax every single golfwrx member giving 3 shots a side…

2) The 2017 US amateur champion would win giving them 6 shots a side…

-Chris

Let's draw up the paper work and make this bet happen. I could use the money.

You see how he bets, he's out of money

Something similar to this scenario actually came up a few weeks ago on the CBS Broadcast. McCord was saying he plays money games with Jon Rahm. He said Rahm gives him 6 strokes. Nantz tried to call him out on it, but McCord said Rahm plays to a +3, and he plays to a -3 and Rahm plays from the back, McCord from the forward tees. No mention as to who won these games.

No way. Rahm is much better than +3 and McCord is much better than -3. I've been in the Whisper Rock locker room where they post the handicap list. McCord was a plus handicap last year (+2 or 3 if I remember).

My guess is this was Phil given the location and assuming the ranking is between #11-20 (otherwise you would've said top ten).

If it was Phil I'd say the scratch might have a slightly better chance of winning given how erratic Phil can be at times. Although I still think Phil wins 90% of the time

I was in the Whisper Rock locker room last year. Phil was listed as +8.

Something similar to this scenario actually came up a few weeks ago on the CBS Broadcast. McCord was saying he plays money games with Jon Rahm. He said Rahm gives him 6 strokes. Nantz tried to call him out on it, but McCord said Rahm plays to a +3, and he plays to a -3 and Rahm plays from the back, McCord from the forward tees. No mention as to who won these games.

No way. Rahm is much better than +3 and McCord is much better than -3. I've been in the Whisper Rock locker room where they post the handicap list. McCord was a plus handicap last year (+2 or 3 if I remember).

McCord is a storyteller. Usually people who are, don't give accurate facts. I'm under the impression McCord is thr type to catch a sunny in a pond, but after a few years the story grows to hooking a 15 ft Great White.

My guess is this was Phil given the location and assuming the ranking is between #11-20 (otherwise you would've said top ten).

If it was Phil I'd say the scratch might have a slightly better chance of winning given how erratic Phil can be at times. Although I still think Phil wins 90% of the time

Index of +5.8ish = course handicap of +8 on a difficult, high slope golf course. :-)

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Do you guys know how easy these things are to look up? McCord is at 2.1 index.

Index of +5.8ish = course handicap of +8 on a difficult, high slope golf course. :-)

I know we've had threads on this before but it still seems odd to know a plus "gives more shots back" on a harder, higher slope, course. Us hacks get a higher cap, the pluses go the other way.