Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

I love that attitude and philosophy, kadillac! But darnit, I still want to keep getting less and less imperfect! When the rate of my imperfections keeps increasing, I have less fun.

But to your point there is a lot to be said about recovering from a mistake but still make par through scrambling as compared to an FIR, then GIR, and followed by a two putt for it. There is an adrenaline rush that I get for sure from pars that I miraculously pull off that is just not as intense than doing it the routine way.

Also I think in a lot of ways what you just stated resonates with playing blades. They expose imperfect swings much much better than the alternative clubs, and, as you state, there is something wonderful about it when you hit that 'perfect' shot with one after others not so perfect.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

So even with a stock shot, my point is that there are still the two parts towards mastering it. I have hit my baby fade a bazillion times and when I do it well I know it was because I executed the mechanics exactly HOW they should be performed. My issue is how to repeat said mechanics CONSISTENTLY.

Ultimately how does one 'learn', 'teach', and ingrain consistency? Yes I know the usual answers, drills and a lot of practice, what I'm getting at is this may be a separate 'skill' or 'talent' altogether and that is just as important as to know HOW to pull off a good strike.

And as to me personally I'm just saying and maybe realizing that I'm just OK/average at it and no matter how good I get at learning the HOWs of a good ball strike, I may have to accept that my limitation is from the inability to just simply repeat the same motor skills the exact same way even when I practice and try drills incessantly to ingrain the actions.

No easy answer but you 1st have to identify the why's of inconsistency and the how's to correct. if there is a skill set involved it is to practice with a defined disciplined purpose and goal where you're tuned into every shot, where changes have to be cemented by feel and validated by results and even a camera.

I hit 300-400 a week for 4-5 months last year, I would spend a week or several on one thing, one body part, one motion or one fundamental. From January to November not much changed save for better misses. Then when the alchemy was right when things fell together a bit, when I found the last big demon, and had an "aha!", the progress really accelerated. My point is the progress is not linear it is parabolic. If I used a teacher it would have gone faster but it would still have been parabolic. So buckets of patience is required. Now my "B-" swing is better than my "A+" swing from a year ago. At least the last 3 months at the range suggest it, do not know if the scorecard will :)

I totally understand and agree (w/you too, mahonie). Understanding those why's and how to correct is exactly where my game is now, but still there are times where you know exactly what to do and call it choking, brain farting, forgetting, whatever - there will still be times that you flat out fail to repeat what you already know what to do.

You could take two golfers of similar skill, build, and swing knowledge and put them through that same regimen, but yet still one of them could be the better golfer because he is simply better at repeating. And ultimately he becomes the better golfer.

In the end much of the solution is just continued practice and hitting balls to keep learning one's own swing as much as possible. I have proven it to myself as well. My short game was absolutely the best when I worked at it constantly. And I know my swing would truly be more consistent if I simply practiced more and with a specific purpose to ingrain something. But still everyone has a skill limit at repetition and all I'm saying is that I think the best golfers are ones that simply have more 'talent' at it (all other things equal like practice time and athleticism).

Yeah the really good make mistakes and they move on, have an inner confidence and amnesia to get on and play next shot, that is their real 'talent'. Biggest hazard in golf is the 6" between the ears.

I love that attitude and philosophy, kadillac! But darnit, I still want to keep getting less and less imperfect! When the rate of my imperfections keeps increasing, I have less fun.

But to your point there is a lot to be said about recovering from a mistake but still make par through scrambling as compared to an FIR, then GIR, and followed by a two putt for it. There is an adrenaline rush that I get for sure from pars that I miraculously pull off that is just not as intense than doing it the routine way.

Also I think in a lot of ways what you just stated resonates with playing blades. They expose imperfect swings much much better than the alternative clubs, and, as you state, there is something wonderful about it when you hit that 'perfect' shot with one after others not so perfect.

Absolutely. What is frustrating is what I am going through right now. Can't seem to score for 18 holes. I shot a 54 on the front this week. Yes, 54. Worst 9 I have had in memory. Shot a 39 on the back. Was playing with some new guys in my club. I think they were looking at me a little funny on the front. And to your point, the shot that turned around the day was an up and down for par after airmailing the green with a PW that probably should have been a gap wedge (took that out of my bag to fit the 2i back in...I blame the blade thread for that!!). My blind recovery shot took two hops and stopped 6 in from the cup. Tap in par. Turned around the day.

...the shot that turned around the day was an up and down for par after airmailing the green with a PW that probably should have been a gap wedge (took that out of my bag to fit the 2i back in...I blame the blade thread for that!!). My blind recovery shot took two hops and stopped 6 in from the cup. Tap in par. Turned around the day.

Nice recovery :)

As for your gap wedge issue... bend your irons to an 18° 2 iron, and 4° from there to a 50° PW. That will give you nine clubs from 2 iron to PW, no GW needed as you transition directly to your 54° SW.

Problem solved!

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

...the shot that turned around the day was an up and down for par after airmailing the green with a PW that probably should have been a gap wedge (took that out of my bag to fit the 2i back in...I blame the blade thread for that!!). My blind recovery shot took two hops and stopped 6 in from the cup. Tap in par. Turned around the day.

Nice recovery :)

As for your gap wedge issue... bend your irons to an 18° 2 iron, and 4° from there to a 50° PW. That will give you nine clubs from 2 iron to PW, no GW needed as you transition directly to your 54° SW.

Problem solved!

Think I'm just going to get the MP 4's 3-PW and throw the 50 deg back in the bag. Then probably go with more of a 4 wood or 3HL as I don't really need all of my current 3 wood that often.

How often do you guys get 'in the zone' where everything just clicks? (I'm thinking the na-na-na-na-na putting scene from Caddyshack for some reason). You just know you're going to hit a flush shot, hole a putt, stiff a wedge. I have it happen about three times a year. Sometimes it's just for nine holes...others it lasts for 12 or so and once or twice in the last ten years it has happened for the whole round. If I could understand why those 'zone' periods happen and use it, my golf would be so much better.

Happens more frequently when I am playing more consistently (at least 1 practice session, 1 round a week). I would say 9 holes happens about once every 5 rounds. Where everything is clicking (I include mental game in that as sometimes you can be hitting every shot right, but deciding to hit a shot that your margin of error is maximized and causes a mistake to happen). A full 18 comes probably once a quarter.

I've been as low as a 3 handicap, and I was playing 2-3 rounds a week with another 2-3 practice sessions a week. Then I would say I would likely get 18 to click every two weeks.

The biggest issue for me has been changing my mental game to understand that the frequency of me hitting the harder to hit shot for me is less these days. So for example, this Saturday, instead of hitting the draw into a tucked pin right behind a REALLY tough bunker to get up and down from, I hit a fade starting at the edge of that bunker and hitting the middle of the green. Two putt for par. In days of past, I would have tried to hit the draw around the bunker and end up over hooking it into the bunker, with no chance at par. I've really eliminated the birdie (unless I drop a tough 20-25 ft putt) in this situation, but I've also eliminated the double. I'll take my chances now. I won't go as low with my mental strategy these days, but I will be a little more consistent and try to eliminate the chance of double on every hole.

The older I get (and mind you I am only 31), the more I realize that I would rather be the boring golfer that takes everyones money, then the flashy golfer that is paying out on a weekly basis.

The points you make about the mental side of the game are very valid. I will do well to remember them this weekend. We have a once-a-year golf society do where there will be 36 of us playing over three rounds at Princes, Kent (hosted an Open back in 1929 iirc, Gene Sarazen won). One of the guys is going for a hat-trick of wins and he is just a machine. Always plays for the centre of the green unless it is 100% green light, ruling out double bogey on every hole. He usually averages 38 pts Stableford and is never less than 34 - the challenge is out there to beat him...I'll look to alter my approach and not go for every flag!!!

Just pick your battles. If your natural shot shape is a fade, then go after the pins that favor a fade. I birdied two holes on Saturday with that mental outlook. But if there is a lot of trouble, or it's a harder approach shot, middle of the green, two putt par and live to fight another day. Probably a better chance of draining a couple of long putts with tap in pars then scrambling to get up and down to save those 2 points. Especially with a Stableford format. You are significantly better off with a Par (2 points) then a double (zero points). The only exception for me in a Stableford format is I go for a lot of questionable shots on Par 5's. The potential of an Eagle - 4 points (rather than 2 points for a par), mathematically outweighs the other option of bogey (1 point). While I typically play par 5's in 3 shots (my course is 7200 yards and the Par 5's are tough in two), I tend to change that theory in a Stableford format. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I've never won a Stableford event.

If the Stableford accounts for handicap in your format, then adjust accordingly. I think my course, two of the par 5s are in the top 6 handicap holes. Allows for a three shot hole with a good opportunity at net eagle, backup net birdie. That being said, if there is a tough par 4 that you get a stroke on, might consider playing for the least trouble that affords you an opportunity to net up and down par (net birdie) for the extra point in the Stableford. I think of the 3rd hole on my home course. Toughest hole on the course. I would allow my "miss" to be to the front of the green with the least amount of trouble, and try to up and down for a net birdie and 3 pops. Take out the chance of worse than bogey.

This game is so flippin fun.

That is all good stuff and is already influencing how I will approach the rounds over the weekend.

Talking about going for shots on questionable par 5s, I played a tough, stroke index 1 hole in 'text book' fashion last week with an unexpected bonus. Solid drive in the fairway, no chance of reaching in two but played a scruffy 3-wood to give me 120 yards to the pin (nice PW for me). Hit the PW thin, on line and it pitched about ten yards short of the green. One of my partners had lost his ball so we called the group behind while we looked. As I walked up to the green, the group we let through were about to putt out. I started looking for my ball at the back of the green thinking it had shot through. One of the guys pulled the flag and yep, my ball was nestled in the bottom of the cup for eagle, net albatross (or double eagle) for 5 pts! Overall I was -4 gross for the par fives (offset by being +5 for the par 3s!). Although my ballstriking was off...I thinned 90% of iron shots...it was a fun game. Sun was shining (in March!!!) and played in great company...I love this game.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Ugh. But the 2i is so nice off the tee!! If there was only 15 clubs in the bag!!

Off the tee? I'll have to try that some time. I think this would likely make the use of such a club significantly easier. I have been wailing away with my irons off the deck mostly and seem to have better results off the deck with par threes. I have not attempted tee shots with the long irons.

How do you guys navigate the Japan Yahoo site? Is there some sort of translation button I'm missing?

I would love to be able to A) find the auction part and B) be able to understand what's going on in the details.

Can I just enter in my bid just like eBay or do I have to jump through hoops?

Also, has anyone experienced issues for being states side and winning auctions? Can they refuse to ship it to you?

Thank you in advance.

Ugh. But the 2i is so nice off the tee!! If there was only 15 clubs in the bag!!

Off the tee? I'll have to try that some time. I think this would likely make the use of such a club significantly easier. I have been wailing away with my irons off the deck mostly and seem to have better results off the deck with par threes. I have not attempted tee shots with the long irons.

Oh yea. 2i tee shots. It's a fairway machine on shorter par 4's.

And let's not forget that blissful feel when you pure one. A nutted 2i off the tee is just about as good as it gets in terms of feel. And I say this only having done it twice. I am looking forward to going a full season with one in the bag for the majority of it.

Registered Bladeocrat

And let's not forget that blissful feel when you pure one. A nutted 2i off the tee is just about as good as it gets in terms of feel. And I say this only having done it twice. I am looking forward to going a full season with one in the bag for the majority of it.

I love it. Ball just keeps going as well. And off the tee, the ball flight is about as perfect as one can hope for when pured!!

Speaking of families, here are four sets of blades, from 1i to 60* lob wedge. One set is standard, one +.5", one +1", one +1.5". Time for full on experiment mode!

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

How do you guys navigate the Japan Yahoo site? Is there some sort of translation button I'm missing?

I would love to be able to A) find the auction part and B) be able to understand what's going on in the details.

Also, has anyone experienced issues for being states side and winning auctions? Can they refuse to ship it to you?

Thank you in advance.

You have to use a 3rd party like Buyee, Jauce or Rinkya. I use Buyee. All charge transaction fees (5% + 700 yen for Buyee). But sometimes they're your only choice to get what you want!

If you win an auction, the seller will ship to the 3rd party (located in Japan). You then pay international shipping on top of the domestic shipping (which is typically around 1000 yen). International shipping can be costly (~ $80 for a set of irons).

Finally, some sellers are stores & they'll charge an additional 8% sales tax on your bid.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

How big is that family of 1's & 2's slice?

Currently seven strong.

1 irons:

MP-29

Ram Tour Grind Axial

MP-14

2 irons:

MP-29

Ram Dave Hill Spade Blade

Tommy Armour/Macgregor Silver Scot

MP-14

That's a lot of stinging hands you got there slice.

Has anyone ever put sensicore inserts in their irons?

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Thank you in advance.

You have to use a 3rd party like Buyee, Jauce or Rinkya. I use Buyee. All charge transaction fees (5% + 700 yen for Buyee). But sometimes they're your only choice to get what you want!

If you win an auction, the seller will ship to the 3rd party (located in Japan). You then pay international shipping on top of the domestic shipping (which is typically around 1000 yen). International shipping can be costly (~ $80 for a set of irons).

Finally, some sellers are stores & they'll charge an additional 8% sales tax on your bid.

Have you ever used JPNdepot or do you use Tenso?

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Thank you in advance.

Have you ever used JPNdepot or do you use Tenso?

Tenso is affiliated with Buyee so all my Buyee purchases are shipped by Tenso.

I also have a separate Tenso account for Rakuten purchases when the seller doesn't ship internationally.

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

Vokey Forged 52 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

Another word of caution buying from Yahoo Auctions Japan: almost all (if not all) have "no claim no return " policies so it's buyer beware but Japanese sellers are rarely scammers in my experience. The only questionable purchase I made was a driver with a HUGE grip. When I cut it off, I found a narrow piece of wood was epoxied to the shaft butt as a rib/reminder. I had to carefully whittle the wood down to the shaft without damaging the shaft itself.

Also if you have a question about a listing, the 3rd party (at least this is true with Buyee) can't or won't ask the seller a question on your behalf.

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

Vokey Forged 52 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

Speaking of families, here are four sets of blades, from 1i to 60* lob wedge. One set is standard, one +.5", one +1", one +1.5". Time for full on experiment mode!

They exist! Wow! What are they again?

Mizuno MP-29s (standard)

Cobra Amp Cell Pro MBs (+.5")

Cobra Fly Z Pro MBs (+1")

Tommy Armour 988 Tours (+1.5")

I have so many opinions from so many sources on what length of club I should hit, I just need to experiment. I'm tall, but have super long arms. I hit driver super good this weekend, and I play it at 44.5", which is shorter than standard. I also cut down my 3w to 42" and I have hit that more consistently since I did that. So maybe I do need standard, or (perish the thought), shorter than standard irons as well. And I don't trust fittings. Only on course experimentation. In any event, it's fun to have four sets to mess around with!

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

How often do you guys get 'in the zone' where everything just clicks? (I'm thinking the na-na-na-na-na putting scene from Caddyshack for some reason). You just know you're going to hit a flush shot, hole a putt, stiff a wedge. I have it happen about three times a year. Sometimes it's just for nine holes...others it lasts for 12 or so and once or twice in the last ten years it has happened for the whole round. If I could understand why those 'zone' periods happen and use it, my golf would be so much better.

Never long enough. It's not going to happen at my current rate of one game a month.

Shot 83 on Monday. Really satisfied with my driving. Course I play has OB on every hole, sometimes down both sides. I kept the same ball the whole round. Putting was lackluster. Back in the day I averaged 28-29 putts per round. I didn't hit a lot of greens, but my wedge game was always pretty sharp. Monday, it let me down bigly. More frustrating was having iron into every par 5, except the first hole and I was 3 over par. Add in a little triple, par, double finish.... What a frustrating day. I can take a home a few things -

Thank you in advance.

You need to actually be here in order to pay, as far as I know. You can use a service like Noppin. I think it makes most purchases not really worth it.

And, unfortunately there is no translation button. You can search in English, but that doesn't bring up everything. It's been great for me learning to read Japanese.

Any other questions?

Shot 83 on Monday. Really satisfied with my driving. Course I play has OB on every hole, sometimes down both sides. I kept the same ball the whole round. Putting was lackluster. Back in the day I averaged 28-29 putts per round. I didn't hit a lot of greens, but my wedge game was always pretty sharp. Monday, it let me down bigly. More frustrating was having iron into every par 5, except the first hole and I was 3 over par. Add in a little triple, par, double finish.... What a frustrating day. I can take a home a few things

I broke my putts-per-round record in my last round. Unfortunately, not in a good way. 42 putts. 7 three-putts.

It was a combination of factors: the greens were generally fast, but they weren't uniform in speed; they had been punched and sanded recently, making the roll uneven; the speed of the greens varied quite a bit from green to green; the greens have LOTS of breaks and undulations; I'm a terrible putter. The biggest factor was actually my approaches. I just wasn't helping myself by hitting them close. The course I played on has massive greens with huge breaks, and you've got to hit it close or face a tough two putt. My wedge and iron shots into the greens were horrendous, so many of the three putts came from putts over 50ft. Plus, my chipping was even worse, so I wasn't giving myself many good chances to make putts. Even when I did, I missed all but one (a five-footer).

Only thing I hit well was my driver, but I wasn't able to capitalize on it.

Edit: just to show how tough the greens were, I was the only one in the threesome NOT to 4-putt! And one of the guys I was with is a good putter who actually holed some putts that day.

Shot 83 on Monday. Really satisfied with my driving. Course I play has OB on every hole, sometimes down both sides. I kept the same ball the whole round. Putting was lackluster. Back in the day I averaged 28-29 putts per round. I didn't hit a lot of greens, but my wedge game was always pretty sharp. Monday, it let me down bigly. More frustrating was having iron into every par 5, except the first hole and I was 3 over par. Add in a little triple, par, double finish.... What a frustrating day. I can take a home a few things

I broke my putts-per-round record in my last round. Unfortunately, not in a good way. 42 putts. 7 three-putts.

It was a combination of factors: the greens were generally fast, but they weren't uniform in speed; they had been punched and sanded recently, making the roll uneven; the speed of the greens varied quite a bit from green to green; the greens have LOTS of breaks and undulations; I'm a terrible putter. The biggest factor was actually my approaches. I just wasn't helping myself by hitting them close. The course I played on has massive greens with huge breaks, and you've got to hit it close or face a tough two putt. My wedge and iron shots into the greens were horrendous, so many of the three putts came from putts over 50ft. Plus, my chipping was even worse, so I wasn't giving myself many good chances to make putts. Even when I did, I missed all but one (a five-footer).

Only thing I hit well was my driver, but I wasn't able to capitalize on it.

Edit: just to show how tough the greens were, I was the only one in the threesome NOT to 4-putt! And one of the guys I was with is a good putter who actually holed some putts that day.

Jeezus. We played the same course? They had a marker at the course say the greens were rolling 9.1. But, it all honesty they must have done every hole and found the average. About half the greens were punched, but in like an alternating fashion and the rest were destroyed by people who didn't fix there own ball mark. I forgot to write that I had 35 putts. In all honesty it felt like less - But, my iron play was terrible and my chipping the same. I need to get out and practice pitching the ball and just get a feel for different trajectories. If I sharpen up that part, I feel really good about the top of my bag. I only hit to really wayward drives, off the first tee and off the last when I pulled driver when I had no business.

The funny things was I was probably a punch out second shot from 60 yards away from my lowest score at that course, but it came out a little hot, skipped over the green and my ball ended up resting against a root. Curses.

Must be punch the greens time. Though on the course I played, the greens were so hard it was pretty hard to leave a pitch mark. I hit I full 54* in that left a little mark, and rolled out 4 yards to back fringe. Why, yes, I did three-putt for a smooth bogey.

Edit: the really weird thing was that it had rained heavily the day before (Monday) through the night and there was quite of casual water on the fairways.

My Japanese buddy at work got his Miura-Giken Hagane blades (PW-4i) today. This is the 5i next to my Retro TB 3i:

It is a beautiful club. I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the topline but the offset is minimal to nothing. My Retro TB had a little more offset and it already doesn't have much. I really like the rounded shaped muscle on it. He has S200s in them and I will have a chance to hit them this summer.

Registered Bladeocrat

S200's? Odd choice. Very cool though.

He bought the set used with the S200s. He said he paid $1K for the set + two Hagane wedges. Condition was barely used. At most half a season.

I jokingly said people are going to look at him and think he isn't good enough for them, and he just smiled and said he doesn't care.

Registered Bladeocrat

S200's? Odd choice. Very cool though.

S200 is very popular in Japan, when it comes to the DG world, anyway.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors