Gouging

BeeMan

I actually think it's a great ball..

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honest question: why should i care if the game grows or not. not associated with any retailers and golf course owners, restaurant shops etc. thought that was always a marketing phrase after tv commercials.

doesn't affect me in the least if my foursome were the only people on the course. couldn't care less if the cost of golf drives hacks away.

last thing i need is another 6 hour round

This is what's wrong with our country today!!!! Piss ants wanna be all about themselves and not the big picture. Quotes like this make me sick. "Why should I care, doesn't affect me?" Seriously dude are you a politician?

That is what I'm asking, what is the big picture? Call me when titleist and my local courses close shop.

I can't believe there aren't at least half the people reading this agreeing, thinking.. hmm game would be a lot more fun without some hack that shoots 120 looking for his ball in the woods for 15 minutes.

I love the game as much as the next guy, and think the game is in a good place. If $50 box of balls is deterring new people from picking up golf, id welcome it

917D3 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi Tour Ltd 60-04
915F 15 Speeder Evo 661S Blue
716 T-MB 2 Project X LZ 6.0
716 T-MB 4 Modus3 125S
714 AP2 Modus3 125S
SC Buttonback Newport 34"
TVD M 50/54
TVD V 60

Isn't the real question, why people are so obsessed with these golf balls......Seems almost embarrassing.

have you tried them?

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

The stupidity of the Costco gouging is on the buyer.

These balls are great at their original selling price as they are almost ProV1s.

But why anyone would pay $40 a dozen for almost ProV1s when you can buy real ProV1s from last year for the same or even better B330 or TM TP for less then that.

It's the FOMO (fear of missing out) effect. When the balls first came out there was a groundswell of chatter and the golf mags picked up on it, yet the greater the buzz got, the harder the balls were to buy.

Of course the ProV1/B330/TM TP are top of the line, but we could all get in our cars right now and buy a dozen of those in 15 minutes. Not very exciting. But to hear there MIGHT be a ball just as good out there, yet it's almost like chasing a ghost, that's exciting and will drive people to pay what some people might see as crazy prices. Some people think $40 for a dozen K-Sigs is insane. I say $2,000 Scottys are nuts. To each their own!

Consumer behavior is often irrational, but it's pretty easy to understand if you step back and look at it.

The stupidity of the Costco gouging is on the buyer.

These balls are great at their original selling price as they are almost ProV1s.

But why anyone would pay $40 a dozen for almost ProV1s when you can buy real ProV1s from last year for the same or even better B330 or TM TP for less then that.

It's the FOMO (fear of missing out) effect. When the balls first came out there was a groundswell of chatter and the golf mags picked up on it, yet the greater the buzz got, the harder the balls were to buy.

Of course the ProV1/B330/TM TP are top of the line, but we could all get in our cars right now and buy a dozen of those in 15 minutes. Not very exciting. But to hear there MIGHT be a ball just as good out there, yet it's almost like chasing a ghost, that's exciting and will drive people to pay what some people might see as crazy prices. Some people think $40 for a dozen K-Sigs is insane. I say $2,000 Scottys are nuts. To each their own!

Consumer behavior is often irrational, but it's pretty easy to understand if you step back and look at it.

You mean like Tour Issue clubs or anything only available in Japan :)

I will refrain from commenting about the current majority consumer that feels golf is either too hard, takes too much time or requires too much energy.

And I'll refrain from stating how most consumers are unathletic, gullible boobs who can't turn off their cell phones long enough to sample the sounds, smells, tastes and feel of pure golf.

And I will further refrain from commenting how current consumers are seemingly more enthralled with sharing pictures of events rather than sharing in the excitement of participating in the said events. Too much sitting around. Go hit a bucket - IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL.

Friendly reminder to shop for clothes, belts, shoes, gloves, and other "expensive things" on Function18.com

I buy FJ Pure Touch gloves on there for below cost of what shops pay in the states. This is all due to the current currency situation with the UK. And they do free shipping over $100 orders.

Thanks Brexit!!!

Do they ever run promo codes?

I think the grudge is people missing out on a deal, or something they really want, because someone else got there first and bought up the entire stock with the sole intention of flipping them.

If there are $200 tiger woods golf shoes at Ross for 29.99 and you want to get a pair for yourself, a pair for your dad for Father's Day, and maybe a pair for one of your golf buddies, that's super cool.

But going in there and buying every single pair in whatever size they have them just so you can flip them on the internet is just kinda $hitty.

I get that it's their right to do it, it's capitalism, too bad too slow, and all that other blah blah BS, so don't start in with all of that.

I wanted to get my kid an NES classic for Christmas. Every time there was a release, the flippers were out in full force screwing everyone else over.

I take a day off of work to go get in line at Best Buy, to get my limit 1 per person....there's people that show up with their 4 kids so that everyone gets a ticket and they can buy multiple to flip them. You use your 6 month old baby in a stroller to get an extra ticket, and now I can't get one for my kid that really wants one?! GTFO

That kinda stuff is just despicable, and it happens a lot around here, weather it's balls, or shoes, or $10 swingbytes.

The ones that defend it are the ones that are doing it. They try to justify 6 ways from Sunday, and call out anyone that vents their frustrations a crybaby or a poor sport.

I think the grudge is people missing out on a deal, or something they really want, because someone else got there first and bought up the entire stock with the sole intention of flipping them.

If there are $200 tiger woods golf shoes at Ross for 29.99 and you want to get a pair for yourself, a pair for your dad for Father's Day, and maybe a pair for one of your golf buddies, that's super cool.

But going in there and buying every single pair in whatever size they have them just so you can flip them on the internet is just kinda $hitty.

I get that it's their right to do it, it's capitalism, too bad too slow, and all that other blah blah BS, so don't start in with all of that.

I wanted to get my kid an NES classic for Christmas. Every time there was a release, the flippers were out in full force screwing everyone else over.

I take a day off of work to go get in line at Best Buy, to get my limit 1 per person....there's people that show up with their 4 kids so that everyone gets a ticket and they can buy multiple to flip them. You use your 6 month old baby in a stroller to get an extra ticket, and now I can't get one for my kid that really wants one?! GTFO

That kinda stuff is just despicable, and it happens a lot around here, weather it's balls, or shoes, or $10 swingbytes.

The ones that defend it are the ones that are doing it. They try to justify 6 ways from Sunday, and call out anyone that vents their frustrations a crybaby or a poor sport.

Never done it, and don't care if someone else does. I've probably purchased from flippers before without realizing it. Life's too short to worry about material things like this.

I've seen so many people complain about flippers and gougers, and instantly turn and do it themselves when their turn comes. Life isn't always fair and you can't get everything you want all the time.

I'll admit I sold my KSigs the first 2 times they came out. I hadn't planned on it, but when people are willingly buying them for 3-4 times the retail rate, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Never done it but don't care that people do. Sure, I'd be disappoint if I missed out on an item because of it but my disappointment doesn't equal someone else's moral deficiency. It's just my disappointment.

Do you realize that this is how ALL markets work? Including the one that you work in as your vocation? Almost every business out there takes advantage of arbitrages in the market. If it's not shoes or balls, it's steel, plastic or car parts. That's how business works.

So, it's the people's fault in front of you in line that buy multiple items.

Got it.

Or...maybe...just maybe you should have arrived earlier to ensure success (set up a tent if it means that much to you).

You snoozed...and it sounds like you lost.

Stop blaming other people and take some responsibility.

This was mostly my concern, I give a lot of my clubs, bags and balls to younger guys who need them. I do list items on classifieds also. The biggest thing I hear from young people in my area is they can't afford to play. I thought we were trying to grow the game!

Good on you for your donations. I absolutely do not buy the "golf is too expensive" rant. You can get a set of top class clubs from only several years ago for the price of a family of four at the movie theater. It is maybe the expectations that are unreasonable. Also, not picking on you, but I fail to see how people flipping KSigs have anything to do with making this game unaffordable? Again, look at the deal just posted in DoND for 60 balls for $16 shipped....

It's one of the things. If you don't think golf is expensive I'd like to see the cost where you play.

$100 a month member dues....you can buy a bag full of 2 year old brand names at play it again for $150-200 including bag... it doesnt cost more than any other sport.... now you can go nuts and buy into a country club and club Ho till theres no tomorow... but that isnt golf....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This was mostly my concern, I give a lot of my clubs, bags and balls to younger guys who need them. I do list items on classifieds also. The biggest thing I hear from young people in my area is they can't afford to play. I thought we were trying to grow the game!

Good on you for your donations. I absolutely do not buy the "golf is too expensive" rant. You can get a set of top class clubs from only several years ago for the price of a family of four at the movie theater. It is maybe the expectations that are unreasonable. Also, not picking on you, but I fail to see how people flipping KSigs have anything to do with making this game unaffordable? Again, look at the deal just posted in DoND for 60 balls for $16 shipped....

It's one of the things. If you don't think golf is expensive I'd like to see the cost where you play.

$100 a month member dues....you can buy a bag full of 2 year old brand names at play it again for $150-200 including bag... it doesnt cost more than any other sport.... now you can go nuts and buy into a country club and club Ho till theres no tomorow... but that isnt golf....

$100/mo golf dues?!?!

Sign me up.

Not around here.

Can't fault someone for trying to make some money. As long as someone is willing to buy it, it's gonna happen.

I'm not doing it, I just don't think there is anything wrong with doing it.

$100 a month doesn't even get a parking space around my neck of the woods.

I bought 4 dozen Ksigs when they first came out - played one dozen, the other 3 are sitting in my garage while I decide whether I want to standardize on the Chrome Soft for the year. I probably will. If I do, does that mean I'm a gouger if I sell the Ksigs at market price? Please.

Yeah, I bought 2 dozen at the initial release. Blew through 3 sleeves in late fall/ early winter golf. Shipped one as a gift to a fellow WRXer I don't even know around Christmas because he wanted to try them out-tix the season. The other dozen sat for about 3 months in my basement, as I decided to keep them for nostalgia (in case they never came back) or sell them to someone who wants to use them. Put them on eBay, cleared just under 50 for the dozen, which I put towards some of the Chromesoft and B330 muirfield practice balls I found out about on here. I'm happy about it, as I'd bet the person who I gifted a sleeve, and the person I sold a dozen to are.

I still don't get it. Why are people even buying these balls for the asinine prices? The whole reason these golf balls are even catching wind, is because you get 2 dozen for 30 bucks. When that price enters the premium ball territory, why are people still buying them? Ive seen a dozen go for $60 bucks on ebay, why would anyone do that? For those prices, id rather take a chance on titleist, bridgestone or taylormade. I would say move on from this fad, let people sell them for however much they want, let the other people be suckers to pay that amount.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I still don't get it. Why are people even buying this balls for the asinine prices? The whole reason these golf balls are even catching wind, is because you get 2 dozen for 30 bucks. When that price enters the premium ball territory, why are people still buying them? Ive seen a dozen go for $60 bucks on ebay, why would anyone do that? For those prices, id rather take a chance on titleist, bridgestone or taylormade. I would say move on from this fad, let people sell them for however much they want, let the other people be suckers to pay that amount.

I agree with you there, if they're "almost" as good as pro v1s but the same price why not just buy pro v1s?

The idea of gouging as outline by the OP kind of goes against the entire ethos of the game. Sort of one of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" things. Hopefully they're not in the Pharma biz and we have an Anthrax outbreak.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I still don't get it. Why are people even buying this balls for the asinine prices? The whole reason these golf balls are even catching wind, is because you get 2 dozen for 30 bucks. When that price enters the premium ball territory, why are people still buying them? Ive seen a dozen go for $60 bucks on ebay, why would anyone do that? For those prices, id rather take a chance on titleist, bridgestone or taylormade. I would say move on from this fad, let people sell them for however much they want, let the other people be suckers to pay that amount.

I agree with you there, if they're "almost" as good as pro v1s but the same price why not just buy pro v1s?

That's a good point,, getting way too expensive to drink the kool aid

917D3 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi Tour Ltd 60-04
915F 15 Speeder Evo 661S Blue
716 T-MB 2 Project X LZ 6.0
716 T-MB 4 Modus3 125S
714 AP2 Modus3 125S
SC Buttonback Newport 34"
TVD M 50/54
TVD V 60

Hey guys. What can I say. I live in the best part of the world ... If it wasn't we wouldn't have the influx of foreigners ( New Yorkers )I kid I kid ) rushing down here !

It's not a goat track either. Just a " golf club " no country club amenities. No pool etc. good middle of the road course that's built 1969. So plenty of old growth so is nice and tight in all the right places.

There's a nice CC 30 min from here that I could get a family deal which includes pool and a locker plus dining privledges ( pay at the of service for that ) that's $230 a month right now. But my home course is 2 minutes away so I choose it.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I will say I love a deal. I've bought clothes, clubs, balls that I don't even come close to needing. When RBG had their z-star and TP ammo boxes for $40 or whatever it was I have to admit I couldn't refuse even though I have a couple year supply. You should see me at the seasonal candy aisle the day after halloween, Christmas, V-Day, and Easter.

That said I do think it's crappy to go out and buy everything on the shelf to try and make a buck.

It reminds me of the kind of people who sign up for every sports playoff lottery and get in line for big concerts to flip the tickets and have no interest in going. I'm from the KC area and when the Royals were in the World Series a couple years back there were so many people in the area who had never even been to a Royals game that signed up for tickets and such and had 4 computers going to try and make a bunch of money and stick it to the true fans that wanted to go but weren't as lucky.

I know the same happens every year with the Masters. So many true fans of the sport would love to go but since we have the A-holes that get in the lottery to win tickets to make a profit their chances unless they have lots of money is drastically reduced.

This is how I feel about the flippers. If I were at Ross and saw some new TW's or Jordan's on the shelf not in my size I might grab them for a friend or do a quick search on here to see if a fellow WRX'er was looking for a pair. But the last thing I would do is buy them just to flip them and make $50. Let someone that really want's them get a good deal.

Go to attached link for $20 off your first order at ShortPar4.com
http://shortpar4.refr.cc/6DC52RQ

It was opined numerous times way, way earlier in this thread that are are going to be valuable collectibles.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

honest question: why should i care if the game grows or not. not associated with any retailers and golf course owners, restaurant shops etc. thought that was always a marketing phrase after tv commercials.

doesn't affect me in the least if my foursome were the only people on the course. couldn't care less if the cost of golf drives hacks away.

last thing i need is another 6 hour round

This is what's wrong with our country today!!!! Piss ants wanna be all about themselves and not the big picture. Quotes like this make me sick. "Why should I care, doesn't affect me?" Seriously dude are you a politician?

That is what I'm asking, what is the big picture? Call me when titleist and my local courses close shop.

I can't believe there aren't at least half the people reading this agreeing, thinking.. hmm game would be a lot more fun without some hack that shoots 120 looking for his ball in the woods for 15 minutes.

I love the game as much as the next guy, and think the game is in a good place. If $50 box of balls is deterring new people from picking up golf, id welcome it

You can't honestly be that stupid or egocentric ... you don't care about the state of golf until your course closes.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag