New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

My Mevo arrived yesterday. I have a complete setup in my garage including impact screen, projector etc. The Mevo is excellent. My distance numbers were right on. My wife and son's were as well. A few notes for indoor use, allowing perfect operation. Place the Mevo unit 7' behind the tee. Adjust the Mevo app for 7'. Have 8' between the tee and impact screen or net. Totally impressed.

Did you try setting up at the recommended 4' before changing to 7'?

This was my problem at first and got very poor results. I was used to the ES12 and SC100/200 where you can have a small compact practice area. Mevo needs a lot more room similar to the X series and Trackman to analyze the ball flight. Once setup properly I was impressed.

Glad you figured it out. Hey, question for you: Does MEVO track your overspeed training shafts? You have a few that don't have heads, right?

I have not tried it yet. I know the SC200 wouldn't do it.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

My Mevo arrived yesterday. I have a complete setup in my garage including impact screen, projector etc. The Mevo is excellent. My distance numbers were right on. My wife and son's were as well. A few notes for indoor use, allowing perfect operation. Place the Mevo unit 7' behind the tee. Adjust the Mevo app for 7'. Have 8' between the tee and impact screen or net. Totally impressed.

Yes, I did. The Mevo didn't pickup every shot at 4'. At 7' it picks up everything.

Yes, I did. The Mevo didn't pickup every shot at 4'. At 7' it picks up everything.

send it on over here, I swear ill give it back :taunt:

I want to get this unit but really want something that shows where the damn things going to go (Slice, Hook, etc).

hopefully soon someone makes a Skytrak type product at this $500-$1000 price point... its gotta be coming soon, right?

My guess is 2 years, we will have affordable Skytrack/Gc2 equip for the home user.

When I was working with Justin at FS over my issue, He said during their testing 5' seemed to be the optimum distance for the radar beam. He said 8' was the minimum but 10-12' is what it is designed for. Hitting shots indoor was meant for a cage setup like a retail store. Wedge shots for me are right at the top of my Rukket net.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

send it on over here, I swear ill give it back :taunt:

I want to get this unit but really want something that shows where the damn things going to go (Slice, Hook, etc).

hopefully soon someone makes a Skytrak type product at this $500-$1000 price point... its gotta be coming soon, right?

My guess is 2 years, we will have affordable Skytrack/Gc2 equip for the home user.

I really think that the closest thing to affordable it will get is combining two separate systems. I think there is a real opportunity for the combination of MEVO (launch angle/vertical spin/club & ball speed) with Optishot (face angle & club path) to estimate horizontal spin horizontal dispersion. Here's to hoping someone can do this for an in between option of Optishot and ST for a pretty affordable in home simulator option (mainly what I would like it for).

When I was working with Justin at FS over my issue, He said during their testing 5' seemed to be the optimum distance for the radar beam. He said 8' was the minimum but 10-12' is what it is designed for. Hitting shots indoor was meant for a cage setup like a retail store. Wedge shots for me are right at the top of my Rukket net.

Another reason to fix the flip!

Ok, just got back from my round and used the Mevo with mixed results on the grass range. Moving the Mevo around on the grass range is a bit of a pain since the unit seems to need to be precisely setup. I got back to the house and setup my Net and mat to these exact measurements. 10 feet from the ball to net and 5' from the ball to the Mevo. I put the Mevo on the Lid of the Mevo box and used the gun sites to line up the ball. Hit about 50 shots without using the dots and the unit maybe missed 5 or 6 shots where it said error. You will notice on the Mevo before you strike the ball the LED is red and blinking after after you take your shot it turns green while its calculating. It was satisfying to know the unit works but I really do have mixed feelings. The numbers were really close to what I saw on the course today. Since I'm going to use the Mevo 99% of the time at the house off the mat I feel pretty satisfied with the results. i didn't get to use it on the course yet so that's still to be determined. I'm going to pickup a 3' CCE hitting mat just to toss it at the back of my mat so the Mevo is sitting on it at the exact same level. I think waiting so long to get the unit really set a bad tone fore me but the unit seems to be functioning fine now. It still has some cons but it is what it is, better then the SC200 and ES12 in my opinion. I will get some videos here for the weekend. Thanks to Justin at FS for the spot on advice and customer service.

Thanks for the update. Given your practice setup, have you considered getting a ST? I feel like your setup is very similar to my own and I'm on the fence on trying this out or going straight to ST.

Ok, just got back from my round and used the Mevo with mixed results on the grass range. Moving the Mevo around on the grass range is a bit of a pain since the unit seems to need to be precisely setup. I got back to the house and setup my Net and mat to these exact measurements. 10 feet from the ball to net and 5' from the ball to the Mevo. I put the Mevo on the Lid of the Mevo box and used the gun sites to line up the ball. Hit about 50 shots without using the dots and the unit maybe missed 5 or 6 shots where it said error. You will notice on the Mevo before you strike the ball the LED is red and blinking after after you take your shot it turns green while its calculating. It was satisfying to know the unit works but I really do have mixed feelings. The numbers were really close to what I saw on the course today. Since I'm going to use the Mevo 99% of the time at the house off the mat I feel pretty satisfied with the results. i didn't get to use it on the course yet so that's still to be determined. I'm going to pickup a 3' CCE hitting mat just to toss it at the back of my mat so the Mevo is sitting on it at the exact same level. I think waiting so long to get the unit really set a bad tone fore me but the unit seems to be functioning fine now. It still has some cons but it is what it is, better then the SC200 and ES12 in my opinion. I will get some videos here for the weekend. Thanks to Justin at FS for the spot on advice and customer service.

Thanks for the update. Given your practice setup, have you considered getting a ST? I feel like your setup is very similar to my own and I'm on the fence on trying this out or going straight to ST.

Sorta there with you. I think the video feature of the Mevo is a huge addon that I'll use a ton but having side spin and sim would be sweet.

If the Skytraks were $1200-1400 I would of bought one already.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

This thing is only $500 and from my sessions, extremely accurate. No brainer to buy at this price! If you want skytrak and willing to pay for it, I don't know why you are even thinking about buying this. This is a different price range and more than worth its price! To be asking if it's worth an extra $1500 is asking if it's worth 4!! times the cost of this...silly. The Mevo is awesome and in a class of its own!

I need a MGS report on this thing. Like a lot of other people though I will be using it for an indoor hitting bay and I would have liked to see ball flight. Wondering if the extra $1500 is worth it for a ST...

I've used my skytrack on outdoor mats and grass ranges. But mainly it sits in the garage. The main reason being with armor, it's about as portable as an 8lb laptop. Yeah you can do it but it's cumbersome. The other issue is direct sunlight gives it some really weird readings. But in terms of what it shows and detects, it's on a different tier than the mevo. (which is why the price is different). It is a cool thing to see your shots curve in real life and show up on the screen. All the way down to shanks. When you use it in the hitting bay, you really know what it's showing is what it would be like outside.

I love the mevo mainly due to its crazy portability. It is literally pocket sized. It's super finicky on positioning so on grass ranges you may find it annoying to move it every few iron shots. But on mats you can set and forget once you find the sweetspot. I can't attest to its accuracy yet since I haven't gone head to head with my skytrak yet. I'll do it this weekend. But the spin numbers to seem to change much without stickers. Today I was at a grass range so there was the mix of heavier and thinner shots. But for some reason the spin didn't get impacted much. All the other metrics changed appropriately, which was nice. But makes me wonder more about the spin.

This thing is only $500 and from my sessions, extremely accurate. No brainer to buy at this price! If you want skytrak and willing to pay for it, I don't know why you are even thinking about buying this. This is a different price range and more than worth its price! To be asking if it's worth an extra $1500 is asking if it's worth 4!! times the cost of this...silly. The Mevo is awesome and in a class of its own!

I would say they are not in entirely different classes when you compare it to say, a GC2. I just dont want to have buyers remorse after buying the Mevo, only to wish that I would have saved it for a skytrak, and been $500 closer to a skytrak. Honestly, if Mevo could tell me how bad I was slicing it, I'd be in right now.

Thanks to all for your reviews. Please keep them coming.

For those with a mevo, are you finding the information to be less, equal, or more accurate then other products such as sc200 and es12?

Thanks

I have owned all 3 and the Mevo is the clear winner. Now that everyone including myself know how to set it up, It is very consistent and accurate. Cant beat the size of it, truly a driving range in the pocket device.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

THe Mevo is in the category of $500 and under launch monitors . Comparing it to monitors that are $2,000 or more is kinda silly . And expecting the Mevo to give you the same info as one of those monitors is even more silly. If you can afford a Trackman or a GC 2 and justify buying one than that's what you should purchase .

THe Mevo is in the category of $500 and under launch monitors . Comparing it to monitors that are $2,000 or more is kinda silly . And expecting the Mevo to give you the same info as one of those monitors is even more silly. If you can afford a Trackman or a GC 2 and justify buying one than that's what you should purchase .

Again, I don't think anyone is trying to compare feature to feature. I have a home setup, and a budget for a launch monitor, will I be satisfied with X or should I budget more for Y. No one here is trying to say that they are the same, rather is it worth the extra money to upgrade? I am most interested in hearing from someone that has tried both in a home net type setup, and get their opinion. If you fit this description, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Maybe I missed it but has anyone confirmed that it works with the iPad?

Thanks

Works on my ipad.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Not quite a video review, but here is the raw video from the mevo app saved to my iPhone's camera roll: http://bpxl.io/QGtSw/3bH4gq8R

Stats for the swing:

Ball Speed: 160

Smash: 1.44

Launch Angle: 12.3

Carry: 273

Spin: 2610

I was able to set up my tripod, hit record and let the Mevo and app do its thing. In the app, I was able to draw some lines to see if I'm on plane and keeping my spine angle. My coach was impressed and we're working on a few things we're seeing from the video.