Forgetting a wedge at the green...

Bush Pilot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive returned a bunch of clubs too...golf karma is a b**** though. Ive had a bag stolen and my first scotty cameron putter.

Now, i put crappy iron covers on my clubs, a ping tr putter cover on my byron morgan, and a one size fits all driver cover if im playing a nicer driver...ive seen more snd more p.o.s on tge course lately, especially around twilight.

Jyst last week i returned a 52 degree sm6 vokey and a clevelabd rtx 3 56 degree...karmas reward...prividung the most unlucky lies ive ever had 3 rounds in a row... F.U KARMA! Ill do it on my own!

I always make sure to leave my wedges on the walk back to the cart or beside the flag. I haven't left a club behind yet but I've had a couple buddies that have and that's what makes me paranoid about leaving one. I've found 2 or 3 before and it's usually from a 1 or 2 groups ahead. I would never keep a found club cause I wouldn't want someone to keep one of mine

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Many years ago, I lost my favorite wedge leaving it by a green, it was getting dark when I walked off 18. It was a 56* Spalding, Johnny Miller Finesse wedge. For those of you old enough to remember them there was a great line of wedges made by Spalding and designed by Miller.....different lofts and grinds, not something that was common in the 1980's. This was before anyone had ever heard of Roger Cleveland or Bob Vokey.

Anyway I never found it and I could work magic with that club.....

Not turning in clubs is so pathetic, anyone who would keep one is nothing more than a thief/scumbag.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

My worst loss was a mint W/S 8802 putter, with the original leather grip still tacky. It literally must have been stored in wraps for 40 years. I chipped in on the last hole and left it in the rough, and realized the next day and went back but no one had turned it in. I can only hope that it is giving whoever took it putting fits because it knows that the hands that hold it are stained.

... Wow, almost identical to what happened to me out in LA on vacation! Played with 3 older Asian gentlemen that were very appreciative of good golf. They had never seen anyone shoot in the 60's and I chipped in for an eagle and a 68 on the 18th. Lots of cheering and back patting and one gave me a gold coin he used as a ball marker so I would remember playing with them. In all that excitement, I left my Bobby Grace 6330 in the rough. Old custom leather grip but a ton of lead tape on the sole and 33" long. What kind of Word not allowedhat would steal something that wouldn't fit them? When I got to my car and went to put my clubs in the trunk I realized it was gone. Went back and it wasn't there. Maximum of 3 groups had come thru and I checked with the starter and nobody turned it in. Checked back for a month but some scumbag still has it. First and only time I ever lost a club in 35 years of playing and of course it was an irreplaceable putter that Bobby doesn't make anymore. Like many others I have probably turned in 10 to clubs in my life and never even thought about keeping one of them.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

I have never kept anything I have found at a golf course (except lost golf balls). Headcovers (usually of hybrids) I always turn in, keep wedges or irons I find in my bag so when I catch up to the group or they come back I can give it to them (or hand it into the pro shop at the end). I have probably handed over half a dozen rangefinders I have found on tee boxes. I do it because I know I would be devastated if I misplaced mine.

I lost a putter cover for a relatively new odyssey putter. I wen't looking for it after my round and went up to a group and asked them, they said they hadn't found anything. I saw it sitting in the basket in the cart and told them I'm pretty sure that's my putter cover. They handed it over and drove off. Who keeps a putter cover?

I normally leave my wedge on the fringe directly in the path to the cart ... I like the flag idea better.

Usually leave my putter cover in the basket and replace it after the hole is completed - have dropped the putter cover riding down the course when it's a bit bumpy and the magnet or velcro closure is not very good though ... not much you can do about that except fix/replace the cover.

I always leave my wedge on the green or on the fringe on the way back to the cart. I have have a couple of buddies who tend to get pissed and toss them in the rough when they hit a poor shot....they are always losing clubs.....may be the amount of alcohol they drink as well. :stop:

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I feel your pain. I've only lost one wedge, but it was one that I sent to one of these "custom wedge" boutiques to have stripped, ported, initialed, etc. I left it greenside THE FIRST ROUND AFTER I GOT IT REFINISHED and never saw it again. What a stupid I am!!!

Of course, I did lose one other wedge, but it was after a good friend of mine put it in his bag instead of mine when we were sharing a cart. He's from out of state and we only played together once a year at my college alumni tournament. 2 years after "losing it" I noticed it in his bag at the same tournament. Well worn, of course. We had a long discussion concerning our friendship! Ha Ha!!

A little trick that will help you never forget.

When you take your glove off to putt toss it down with the wedge rather than putting it in your back pocket. If you arrive at the next tee and go to hit but no glove, you know you are also possibly missing a club! Only one green away.

Hopefully karma turns around for you.

^^Best idea I've heard for this.

I buy these labels http://www.golfid.ca/index.htm

I generally lean my wedge on the flagstick. So if I forget it someone else will grab it as the flag is picked up. Though I played with a guy in my men's club who just lifted the flag, left my club there and walked off the green, more than once. I think he knew it was mine...we aren't buddies by any stretch ...fortunately I remembered it.

I always wonder who that guy is who thinks that I should be picking up his gear for him all day.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

There is potentially an explanation here. When I find a club, I immediately put it into my bag assuming the guy will come backwards to find it and when he does I'll get it to him. So 99% of the time found clubs make it to my bag. But it's usually clear when the guy gets to me that I have it. Usually I see him moving backwards, pull the club and wave it in the air.

I hear you, and I'd usually give someone the benefit of the doubt, but:

1) His demeanor and attitude did NOT suggest he was planning on returning it, he basically reprimanded me for leaving it behind

2) The way the course is laid out, you have to walk right past the clubhouse to get to hole #6. I lost it on #5. Can't imagine not turning it in right there if no one came back for it immediately

I've turned in everything I've ever found from clubs to headcovers and even sunglasses and will continue to do so because it's the right thing to do.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I've never understood the rationale for keeping a club you find on the course. Aside from the douchebaggery of it all they are usually wedges left greenside and I don't ever think I've picked one up that would fit in my set anyway.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Last thing I lost at a golf course was a pair of sunglasses. Laid them on the golf club holder stand at the range during warm up. Drove over to the putting green. Sun started coming up so went looking for my glasses. No more than 5 minutes and they were gone. Asked the people warming up if anyone saw them to no luck. Went in to the pro shop after 9 and 18. Called the next day but sadly they were gone/ stolen. I will turn in anything from sunglasses/ clubs/ rangefinders/ headcovers/ you name it. If I find a pro v1 or TM TP5 I will keep it unless there is a parallel hole.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

A couple of years ago I was playing while on vacation on Cape Cod. I left my sand wedge just outside the bunker after making a great bunker shot. That's pretty rare for me so I was so excited about getting the par I guess just left it there while raking and walked off an left it. The next morning I was playing a different course, hit into a bunker and then realized my mistake and I knew exactly where I left the club. When I finished my round I called the other course and was told, yes, someone did turn in your brand new Mizuno sand wedge. So the next day I went back and played the original course with my nephew and they paired us with another fellow. When we got to the tee on the hole where I made my great sand save, I start relating my story (I hadn't used the club before that so I sort of forgot about it) and the guy they partnered with said "is it a brand new Mizuno?". I said yes and he replies, "man I'm so glad I turned that in or we'd be having a really awkward pause in the conversation right now".

Obviously lost golf balls I get so no issues there. Finding something of value on the course and not turning it in is just thievery, period!

I leave mine on the green or edge of the green in the direction I'm walking off. I've taught my daughter this and she does it every time now.

Keep calling the course, it may show up in their storage area and no one has told anyone yet.

TM Stealth Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue Velocore S

TM SIM2 Max 3W 15 - Black Tour AD Di7 S

Ping G425 Hybrid 19 - Ping Tour 85 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7) ZX7 (8-W) Modus 120 S

Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 -50, 54, 58, DG Tour Spinner

Scotty Cameron Newport Select Custom 2015 model

There is potentially an explanation here. When I find a club, I immediately put it into my bag assuming the guy will come backwards to find it and when he does I'll get it to him. So 99% of the time found clubs make it to my bag. But it's usually clear when the guy gets to me that I have it. Usually I see him moving backwards, pull the club and wave it in the air.

I hear you, and I'd usually give someone the benefit of the doubt, but:

1) His demeanor and attitude did NOT suggest he was planning on returning it, he basically reprimanded me for leaving it behind

2) The way the course is laid out, you have to walk right past the clubhouse to get to hole #6. I lost it on #5. Can't imagine not turning it in right there if no one came back for it immediately

I've turned in everything I've ever found from clubs to headcovers and even sunglasses and will continue to do so because it's the right thing to do.

Yeah, you're probably right, but no 2 is still an iffy proposition. This exact same thing happened to me. I found a club on 9, and instead of taking it to the clubhouse, I took it with me. I also knew 99% sure whose it was and that they were already off the 10 tee. It was a hard decision to keep and find him or give to clubhouse at the turn. But demeanor probably tells you everything you need to know.

Karma rant here. I have found a TON of forgotten wedges at greens, dropped putter covers, left behind range finders, and the like over the years. Never dreamed of keeping anything.

Once I found two brand new Vokey wedges on a green, and the guy was actually waiting around when I walked into the pro shop with them. He was pretty happy. I bet I've returned a half dozen irons in the last year.

But I've lost 3 clubs now. Wish I wasn't so stupid and leave the odd one on the green, but it doesn't happen often. Frickin' literally EVERY time I have done it someone keeps the effing thing. I've never left a club behind and retrieved it later. Man, you'd think with all the times I've turned in sweet gear to the pro shop, I'd earn enough karma points to have something returned.

I'm just still sore over losing my 56 degree wedge on the weekend. I can even remember exactly what hole I left it on, and the circumstances around it. It involves me deciding to putt from just off the green instead of using the wedge, some stupidity, drinks, and then not remembering this for almost an hour. Ugh.

Anyway, hope that douchbag takes good care of Doug for me. Rant over.

:(

I always throw my putter headcover by the wedge when I take a couple of clubs to the greeen. It helps.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I've only left one club behind before. Public course I never play. I went right back and one of the guys in the group behind had it in his bag. I knew it was mine but he tried to say it was his !!! I couldn't believe it !!

But I said really ? You happen to have 3 kids the same name as mine on your wedge and it's the only club in your bag with an orange grip ?

He just handed it to me at that point

I still can't believe he would try to steal it. The nerve of some people

I would have hit him with it. You are a better person than me.

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select

Today I picked up my putter from the course I left it at last Sunday, not even sure where I left it at. I'm so forgetful it's not funny, course was nice enough to let me borrow one for the rest of the round.

Epic Flash 10.5 Evenflow 6.0
Epic Flash 3 Wood Evenflow 6.0
Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland CBX 54 58
Cleveland Huntington Beach 11c

Thankfully i play mostly private courses, and people tend to be pretty courteous.

Public courses it's kinda like the movie "the purge". I'd rather not have to murder someone, but if you're there you might have to

My brother is 0-3 over the last two seasons, all private or semi. 46* vokey which I thought for sure nobody would want, 60* vokey, and a week old Scotty. I think the problem is we play late so it's often kids out even later or the following morning before anyone finds them. The Scotty was just dumb, we were playing a few holes and he had to leave after 6 to make dinner, left it green side on 6 after chipping in. Any other day he realizes on 7 he doesn't have a putter.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Karma rant here. I have found a TON of forgotten wedges at greens, dropped putter covers, left behind range finders, and the like over the years. Never dreamed of keeping anything.

Once I found two brand new Vokey wedges on a green, and the guy was actually waiting around when I walked into the pro shop with them. He was pretty happy. I bet I've returned a half dozen irons in the last year.

But I've lost 3 clubs now. Wish I wasn't so stupid and leave the odd one on the green, but it doesn't happen often. Frickin' literally EVERY time I have done it someone keeps the effing thing. I've never left a club behind and retrieved it later. Man, you'd think with all the times I've turned in sweet gear to the pro shop, I'd earn enough karma points to have something returned.

I'm just still sore over losing my 56 degree wedge on the weekend. I can even remember exactly what hole I left it on, and the circumstances around it. It involves me deciding to putt from just off the green instead of using the wedge, some stupidity, drinks, and then not remembering this for almost an hour. Ugh.

Anyway, hope that douchbag takes good care of Doug for me. Rant over.

:(

Keep visiting the pro shop at least for a couple weeks. I found a wedge once and put it in my bag so i could return it after the round only to forget it was there until the following weekend when I realized what I had done. I then walked it into the pro shop 5 days after i found it, i felt terrible about it. Hopefully the guy came back and double checked the following week.

I thought golfers were a better group of people but I guess not all are. I've found multiple clubs, head covers, heck, even a couple of range finders that were thrown down on the ground from an errant shot and never picked up. Never thought about keeping any of it. Makes me sick when I forget something and have to trek back to find it or ask around, so I always want to help the guy who forgets something and try to get it back to the pro shop or attendants to get back in their bag.

Luckily at my course, the attendants know the members really well so they can place just about any lost item to the bag/individual.

It's just the golden rule in life coming back... treat others golf stuff how you'd want them to treat your stuff if lost.

WITB
TaylorMade Tour Issue M5 9.0 Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX
Taylormade Tour issue M4 15* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 18* 5 wood - Project X Hzrdus Black 95g 6.5
Mizuno MP 25 - 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S
Vokey SM7 50* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM6 54* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM7 60* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Titleist Pro V1x