Day 2 takeaways
- Koepka should have been given relief
- Morikawa is probably the best player in the field this week ...nearly every time they go to him live hes nailing a drive, stiffing an iron, or holing a clutch putt
- I knew Lowry would make that putt on 18, he's clutch too. And I like watching how he plays the game with his flighted iron shots. Not many do that any more, it's like a lost art
- Dechambeau will win over many fans this week
- Rory is not the most talented player in the field any more. Rahm is, and others are filling up the "checks all the boxes" category too. Rory's best days are behind him, and he's playing like he knows it.
- US will most likely win ...stricker deserves some credit, but really this is the deepest Ryder cup team I can recall seeing.
- whistling straits is visually stunning but it's less difficult than it looks ...the greens are large and for the most part not too severe
- europe is at serious risk of losing by an historic margin since they expanded the team from UK to all of Europe. I don't think this says anything about future of European golf, it's bright. This is just a uniquely deep US team this year.