2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

Titleist 915 Line ***PICTURE ADDED PAGE 1***

By my calculations we are about 9 months away from the next line of Titleist woods. Titleist is currently pregnant, usually people start thinking of names for their babies around this time. It's time to start talking about the 915's,

For me the 913 line was the best Titleist line ever, but after playing the SLDR for a good period of time it's obvious that they need make their woods spin less. Titleist is phenomenal at taking proven technology and improving it.

Personally I think a Titleist line with the low forward CG concept, Titleist feel and Surefit adapter would be game over. I would also like to see a COR max fairway to keep up with the competitors. They should just buy Tour Edge like TMAG did Adams and use their technology in the fairways (I know it would never happen).

Has anyone else starting thinking about the next line of Titleist woods?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit*** Picture Thanks to JaxBeachNole

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1391886195' post='8624107']
By my calculations we are about 9 months away from the next line of Titleist woods. Titleist is currently pregnant, usually people start thinking of names for their babies around this time. It's time to start talking about the 915's,

For me the 913 line was the best Titleist line ever, but after playing the SLDR for a good period of time it's obvious that they need make their woods spin less. Titleist is phenomenal at taking proven technology and improving it.

Personally I think a Titleist line with the low forward CG concept, Titleist feel and Surefit adapter would be game over. I would also like to see a COR max fairway to keep up with the competitors. They should just buy Tour Edge like TMAG did Adams and use their technology in the fairways (I know it would never happen).

Has anyone else starting thinking about the next line of Titleist woods?
[/quote]

I agree with you, their adjustablity is far superior....Fila owns Acushnet, so they have deep pockets, not sure how the Koreans are about securing tech through acquistion. I hit into a big wind here with the anser, and I was where I would have been on a calm day with the 913d3, so the spin diff cannot be discounted.

Havent seen anything leaked on the 915, but im sure they are looking hard @ the low forward CG in the clubs out.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I had similar thoughts regarding the next Titleist line. Love how Titlist keeps the design and look "classic" while incorporating modern technology into the equipment. Anxiously waiting anything leaked and/or released

M1, ad di7x
rbz 3w, ad dj8x
Titleist TMB 2 iron, ti X100
mp68 4-pw, ti x100
Vokey 52* (x100), 56* (X100) ,60* (s400)
Scotty Mid Slant
ProV1x

I almost started one of these threads the other day but thought it was too early! I guess not. Here are my thoughts

1. D2 and D3 are too similar. Keep the D2 as is... It's great , mid launch and mid spin. The change needs to come in the D3, keep the 445cc but make it slightly deeper and move the weight up.

2. Keep the black. I don't see Titleist going to incredible older grey color due to the SLDR. I think TMaG will keep the SLDR for a full 12 month cycle, they are getting pounded on by their customers on the 6month cycle.

3. NEVER change the Adjustability. It works, and looks good. Yes you may need the book to see exactly what you are doing, but IMO sure-fit is the best adjustable hosel out there.

4. Shafts. Keep up the AWESOME stock options. Titleist has the best lineup of stock shafts with options from 50-80g low launch to high and everything in between. I don't think they would lose anyone if they kept the current line up. D+ And S+ are very underrated and the Tour Green is getting a lot of Tour Play, the Phenom is also a very good shaft and they still have the original RIP series available at no upcharge. Just add the Tour blue 60-80g and the Tour Green 80.

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Lot of good thoughts here guys. Scratch is right on the money with everything. SLDR 430 supplanted my 913. Also play a Ping fairway. Titleist honk here too.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW - KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Taylormade Spider Tour X Double Bend

I agree, maybe a lowering spinning D3 but the 913 D3 was a big improvement over the 910. To me you cannot beat the looks and feel of a Titleist driver. I continually try all the new releases and keep going back to my D3.

Really looking forward to what they have to offer this year.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1391889942' post='8624525']
I agree, maybe a lowering spinning D3 but the 913 D3 was a big improvement over the 910. To me you cannot be the looks and feel of a Titleist driver. I continually try all the new releases and keep going back to my D3.

Really looking forward to what they have to offer this year.
[/quote]

Agreed, though my 913d3 got put out to pasture by the Ping anser, like scratch mentioned the surefit, while excellent in adjustability, makes the head a draw bias IMOP.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Don't they usually release the new drivers at the National? So July 4thish?

There are so many positives to the 910/913 lines I would hope that the surefit gets carried over but maybe lighter, like scratch said. If they really want to make it a "tour van" fit they could put a gravity core in it, but on the sole of the club, perpindicular to the face.

BTW iphone auto corrects perpindicular to perp indicolite. What?

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist drivers look awesome but spin waaaaayyy too much. Same loft,shaft, and set up is 25 yards short for me. I love Titleist and would buy their driver if it just didn't spin so much. Anxious to see the new stuff.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* open 1* D5SW 45 1/4” PO 60TX tipped 1”
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 43” PO 80TX tipped 1 1/2”
Taylor Made M3 19* 42” PO 90TX tipped 1 1/2” 
Titleist U500 3 iron 40” PO 100TX tipped 1 1/2”
Titleist T100 4-PW PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 52&60 KBS Tour 125
Cameron Pro Platinum Newport2
Titleist ProV1X and left dash 

I'd like to see a deeper faced D3 with the weight moved forward into a heavier beam/bar/ heel to toe length designed weight.

I bet they make the surefit hosel slimmer and shorter. I'm looking forward to the 915s. I expect some bigger design changes than what they did for the 913 from the 910. ... Loved both of those drivers.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Funny thing. A lot of the Titleist staffers play the 910D2 or 913D2. Apparently spin is not a problem for many of these guys.

I don't think that there was a lot of difference between the 910 and 913 models. I doubt that there will be much difference to the next model.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

[quote name='gvogel' timestamp='1391897410' post='8625229']
Funny thing. A lot of the Titleist staffers play the 910D2 or 913D2. Apparently spin is not a problem for many of these guys.

I don't think that there was a lot of difference between the 910 and 913 models. I doubt that there will be much difference to the next model.
[/quote]

The spin difference is mostly between the 910 and 913 D2. The numbers for the 913D3 and 913D2 are very similar. But the 910D2 spins quite a bit more than the rest of the 910/913 series

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1391894840' post='8624967']

There are so many positives to the 910/913 lines I would hope that the surefit gets carried over but maybe lighter, like scratch said. If they really want to make it a "tour van" fit they could put a gravity core in it, but on the sole of the club, perpindicular to the face.

[/quote]

They should just pull the weight on the D3 up close to the face similar to the Fd and Hd. I don't see titleist putting any tracks or multiple weights on the bottom of their clubs.

913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X

Scratchswinger....I see you post a lot in the forums. I can honestly say I've never disagreed with any of your posts. It's like you're reading my mind....yet again, I agree with your 915 assessment. I bleed titleist gear, but I think their woods lack the "pop" that cally and tmag have created. Just my observations.

Titleist TSR3 10* Fujikura Atmos Patriot
Titleist TSR3 15* Fujikura Speeder 757
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Mizuno MP 241 DG AMT Tour Issue S400
Mizuno T24 Denim Copper 50.54,58 DGTI S400
Bettinardi SS28 Tour

IMO , i think that we will see a whole new club with the 915 , perhaps even something un-titleist like, but definitely different to the 913

[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913D2 8.75* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913F 16.5* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Titleist SM6 52* KBS TOUR 90 S
Titleist SM6 58* STOCK
Odyssey #7[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1391900287' post='8625527']
IMO , i think that we will see a whole new club with the 915 , perhaps even something un-titleist like, but definitely different to the 913
[/quote]

It's funny that you say that. About 2 months ago I saw photos on an AP1 prototype hybrid, it was deep purple and very triangular. I don't think it will make it to retail, but it shows me that they are exploring a little.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1391901134' post='8625581']
[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1391900287' post='8625527']
[/quote]

It's funny that you say that. About 2 months ago I saw photos on an AP1 prototype hybrid, it was deep purple and very triangular. I don't think it will make it to retail, but it shows me that they are exploring a little.
[/quote]

I think they need to. Titleist has always been a brand for the real player and I will always bag titleist (except maybe for miura irons) but anyway, they have a limited market to pitch to and need to become more involved in the club market. Perhaps a cheaper alternative more, gimmicky than usual could help similar to the rbz, jet speed etc. to entice more beginners but also it could jeopardize their pitch to the real players , which I doubt but there is a possibility . I think we will see some change

[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913D2 8.75* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913F 16.5* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Titleist SM6 58* STOCK

[quote name='JJensen' timestamp='1391898135' post='8625301']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1391894840' post='8624967']

[/quote]

They should just pull the weight on the D3 up close to the face similar to the Fd and Hd. I don't see titleist putting any tracks or multiple weights on the bottom of their clubs.
[/quote]

Makes sense, call them the 915 Dd3 or double D 3

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

I agree with most of the stuff on here, I love the 913fd and 913hd so I don't know if I'll be upgrading those. I do think they need to adjust the D3 to make it play differently than the D2, deeper face lower spin. Like the gloss black hope they don't go matte and wouldn't mind 905 grey

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

The Surefit hosel is less than 2.5% of the total weight of the club head.... I don't think that's enough to make it draw biased.

The spin thing talked about by people in this thread is certainly interesting. Their tour staff doesn't have a problem over spinning the heads provided proper fit. The majority of everyday players need the help launching the ball and keeping it in the air. SLDR has put off just as many people from its forward CG than it has gained a following... again, at the every day level.

If they came out with the forward CG head design they would have to decide that the idea wasn't a fad. You can't have max forgiveness and extremely low spin. I'm surprised people are acting like SLDR is something innovative as far as CG is concerned. The Anser driver before it and the Cleveland Classic drivers before that (just off the top of my head) really provided he same "loft up" approach because they were flatter hitting drivers. Well what do the tour guys play? Mostly G25... very little Anser. Play a forgiving 8.5 degree driver or a flat hitting 10-11 degree driver? It doesn't matter how you get there.

If you're over spinning 913D2 at 8.5 degrees or G25 8.5 degrees then there is something in your swing that requires you to play a niche market driver. I'm not saying it means there is anything wrong with the swing either. If anything I would rather have them use varying CG based on the lofts of the club. If the 913D3 8.5 head had that forward CG design then by all means but not the rest of them.

My 2 cents which aren't worth that much.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

If Titleist ever turns to the dark side and starts marketing a gimmick scheme I will stop buying there products...I play Titleist, ping, and mizuno because they are true honest companies that produce durable classic products. Please let the new lineup of woods be nothing short of what they have been for 40 years.

TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
Odyssey MXM Versa #1

[quote name='Tee2Green85' timestamp='1391903435' post='8625761']
If Titleist ever turns to the dark side and starts marketing a gimmick scheme I will stop buying there products...I play Titleist, ping, and mizuno because they are true honest companies that produce durable classic products. Please let the new lineup of woods be nothing short of what they have been for 40 years.
[/quote]

That's my point , if they try and play it like TMAG will they lose reputation

Titleist SM6 58* STOCK