Most Under/Overrated Golf Company

cfreeman8

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most over rated=Ping,Callaway...even though i like the way they are changing trying to get the younger guys $$$

Most under rated= Components,Wilson,Adams or Nickent...and Nike because people act like that you have a atom bomb in your bag when you say you play nike or you just play Nike because you are on his nizzuts.i have been a die hard nike fan since day 1!......because Research and Development, fresh and new looking products....people really should stop being so closed minded about their equipment...just because it's new and they cant play with anything that isnt Taylormade,Titleist,Ping or Callaway emblazoned on it..thats not what this game is about.......shot by shot and skills.....i would take a custom set of the crappiest component heads and take all there mortgage $ of the guys with these $$ clubs..that even goes for my swooshes.but i like to much to get rid of em. ;)

That is a ignorant statement considering there are 25,000+ members here......and you challenged all of us.....Nike makes a great club, but because of ignorant people like you they do not get credit for it!!!!!

you get your clubs from golfsmith and i will use all callaway equipment and i will smoke you. do not tell me componet clubs are just as good as callaway or anyother top manufacture

Oh well, there goes the neighborhood. Why...why can't we all just get along!

;)

Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
Hybrid: Ping G410 19 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
Putter: Custom SeeMore M7 Tour Black Finish-Custom Stamping
Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer

Most over rated=Ping,Callaway...even though i like the way they are changing trying to get the younger guys $$$

Most under rated= Components,Wilson,Adams or Nickent...and Nike because people act like that you have a atom bomb in your bag when you say you play nike or you just play Nike because you are on his nizzuts.i have been a die hard nike fan since day 1!......because Research and Development, fresh and new looking products....people really should stop being so closed minded about their equipment...just because it's new and they cant play with anything that isnt Taylormade,Titleist,Ping or Callaway emblazoned on it..thats not what this game is about.......shot by shot and skills.....i would take a custom set of the crappiest component heads and take all there mortgage $ of the guys with these $$ clubs..that even goes for my swooshes.but i like to much to get rid of em. ;)

That is a ignorant statement considering there are 25,000+ members here......and you challenged all of us.....Nike makes a great club, but because of ignorant people like you they do not get credit for it!!!!!

you get your clubs from golfsmith and i will use all callaway equipment and i will smoke you. do not tell me componet clubs are just as good as callaway or anyother top manufacture

Go for it acraft........I am behind you!!!!!!! stupid comments on his part!

OVERRATED

Adams -- will never ditch its "old man" stigma no matter what it introduces

Tour Edge -- the Exotics line is good, but way overpriced and the regular line screams "Wal Mart"

UNDERRATED

Srixon -- best ball selection, top to bottom, on the market and both hybrids and irons are pretty good.

Titleist -- high handicappers need not apply. Otherwise, no one else touches the classic looks and solid performers across all categories

OVERRATED

Tour Edge -- the Exotics line is good, but way overpriced and the regular line screams "Wal Mart"

UNDERRATED

Srixon -- best ball selection, top to bottom, on the market and both hybrids and irons are pretty good.

Titleist -- high handicappers need not apply. Otherwise, no one else touches the classic looks and solid performers across all categories

i will have to disagree here. adams is not over-rated. because they are thought to be old man clubs this is why they are under-rate. people do not know or what to know how good they are because they think they are old man clubs.

titleist is so overated. they have not changed there clubs in forever. they sell equipment because the name is titleist that is it.

overrated:

- taylormade - too many products rolling on too often which makes me wonder how much they are advancing between models

- matrix shafts - $600 plus for a golf shaft???? come on? you can get a UST, aldila, or diamana for half or even less than half and have money for lessons or green fees for some real nice courses

- scotty cameron - yeah, they are great putters but you can get putters for 1/2 or 1/3 of the cost and they feel as good or better.

underated:

no one. everyone gets there props on here, some more than others. the companies getting lesser props have some "growing" to do, but will get there.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

here is a good reason why titleist is over-rated. i work in a golf shop and you get so many averge or bad golfers come in and buy prov's. why. i would say 70% of golfers do not need a prov but they all buy them. maxfli noodle now there is an under-rated golf ball.

How does that make Titleist overated? I think that just makes the consumer ignorant? Are you saying that the ProV is a overated ball?

here is a good reason why titleist is over-rated. i work in a golf shop and you get so many averge or bad golfers come in and buy prov's. why. i would say 70% of golfers do not need a prov but they all buy them. maxfli noodle now there is an under-rated golf ball.

How does that make Titleist overated? I think that just makes the consumer ignorant? Are you saying that the ProV is a overated ball?

ya i am. play a srixon ball or if you want a cheap ball that is good maxfli noodle. Exception is a great ball there are so many good balls prov's people play because of the name they are a good ball but highly over-rated. just my opinon.

OVERRATED

UNDERRATED

;)

Are you sure you didn't mix these up? Adams is only the #1 hybrid on ALL TOURS. Is there a better hybrid on the market for good players? Their new forged irons with the Black Golds, standard...I'd put them up against Titleist most days. TEE takes on all comers. OK, the Tour Edge line kind of blows, but the JMax Tour Iron Woods are super solid (not Exotic line).

I also give the underrated vote to the much-ignored Yonex line. If anybody would ever hit their newest stuff, the would see the light.

While Srixon balls are good, I see set after set after set of used Titleist irons in all the local shops. And other than the Futura, I would not call Scotty Cameron on the "cutting edge". Pro V set the standard, but there are too many great balls out there now to blindly grab the gold box anymore. While Titleist is no slouch, they are by no means at all underrated.

Ping G400 LST w/ Veylix Roughneck
Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Bimatrx Proto
Callaway Rogue 4 AD-DI
PRGR 020i 3 Ozik Altus 
Cobra King Forged Tec 4-G Modus Tour 105
Chikara 55/60 Ozik Program 130
The Never Ending Putter Hall of Shame

ya i am. play a srixon ball or if you want a cheap ball that is good maxfli noodle. Exception is a great ball there are so many good balls prov's people play because of the name they are a good ball but highly over-rated. just my opinon.

I do not think overated is the word.....it is just what works for you....I think that Titleist, Nike, Bridgetone and Callaway all make great balls. It is just a matter of what work for you! But you will never be able to convince me that a Maxfli Noodle performs as well as a ProV. It is a fine ball.....for that price point.

I do not think overated is the word.....it is just what works for you....I think that Titleist, Nike, Bridgetone and Callaway all make great balls. It is just a matter of what work for you! But you will never be able to convince me that a Maxfli Noodle performs as well as a ProV. It is a fine ball.....for that price point.

I have to disagree......Give a 25+ handicapper a Maxfli Noodle and a ProV they will both feel sweet coming off the face of that driver heading straight for the woods!!!!! ;)

OVERRATED

UNDERRATED

;)

Are you sure you didn't mix these up? Adams is only the #1 hybrid on ALL TOURS. Is there a better hybrid on the market for good players? Their new forged irons with the Black Golds, standard...I'd put them up against Titleist most days.

That's exactly WHY they are overrated. They did a good job with the Idea Pro forged irons and hybrids, which leads people to think they've actually turned the corner but in fact that's not ALL of their lines. The rest of their lines scream OLD MAN and HACKER'S DELIGHT. The new driver and fairways? Back to the OLD MAN/HACKER stigma again!!!!! If they follow up the Idea Pro forged with a good design, I might change my mind. Until then? OVERRATED.

I have to disagree......Give a 25+ handicapper a Maxfli Noodle and a ProV they will both feel sweet coming off the face of that driver heading straight for the woods!!!!! ;)

A 25+ handicapper could not take advantage of ProV balls with the irons and wedges like they are intended....

Overrated: Cameron (even though I love the JAT/Del Mar 3.5)

Underrated: Nike (people didn't even want to try because it said Nike. 20+ years in the golf industry and they are just getting respect.)

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

To gibby and acraft....im truly sorry you guys feel the way that you do.....i never said anything was wrong with OEM clubs, in my post even tell you i play with um..I think you really need to read the post again....just trying to remind you guys what this is all about..love of the game..no matter who you play....im in the business and i have built and worked on most of the stuff out there...i know what the warranty is...i see what breaks when a guy just paid$600 or $1000 bucks for it....i have been trained by all of the reps on what the good points and bad points of the clubs are before i ever play with them and make my own decision, i keep every spec sheet i get.....i love the game for what it teaches you and the serenity of being out there.....once again it is the indian and not the arrow......And im ignorant for that post?....your replies were just as ignorant.......im a Lifetime member of the USGA, how about you? or do you just chat about golf?...Im ignorant ..HA.....you guys that said that are exactly what i was talking about......i have nothing else to say.....good day to you sirs! ;)

Overrated: Callaway and to some extent Mizuno. And before everyone goes nuts on me for that one, I grew up playing them and loved them. But they are not the holy grail for forged irons they once were. I think a lot of other OEM's have put out comparable or in some cases better irons now. They used to be the hands down choice for serious players but that is not the case anymore. Yet everybody seems to think that is what we would all play if we didn't get paid by an OEM. I don't think that is true anymore. I would take the older models ( Like my old MP 14s over the new models any day).

Underrated: I think relatively unknown still might be a better way to put it and that would be Bridgestone. Great irons. I am not going to say Nike because I agree with above statements that you have to be rated to be underrated. I wonder how many of the haters have actually played a product?

overrated club company-nike/taylormade

underrated club company-adams/nakashima

overrated retail $200 and up putters-titleist

underrated retail $200 and up putters-gauge designs usa/whitlam golf

overated shaft company-aldila

underrated shaft company-accra

overrated wedges-cleveland

underrated wedges-fourteen golf and callaway

overrated hybrid-taylormade

underrated hybrid-nickent

TM M2 10.5* tour w/ust mamiya elements gold proto 7f5
TM M2 3hl deep face w/ust mamiya elements gold proto 8f5
TM M1 19* hybrid w/ust mamiya recoil 809f5
Miura CB-57 3-pw w/DG AMT tour x100
Miura 53* y grind & 57* c grind w/ DG tour x100
Bettinardi rjb 360 series
Miura Stand Bag

Overrated: Camerons (except for the three I own)

Underrated: Bridgestone, Mizuno, and True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts

Bridgestone because they don't deliver their story, but make quality products.

Mizuno, because contrary to a previous poster, their irons are even better than advertised, their wedges, new hybrids, and fairway woods are underrated, and even their driver is a solid product.

Dynamic Gold shafts: Still the standard that all others are measured by. The ProV1 of shafts.

WITB

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5 degree Kuro Kage 60g Stiff 
TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15.0 degree Ventus Blue 65g Stiff
TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18.0 degree Ventus Blue 65g Stiff
Mizuno MP20-MMC 4 - PW KBS $-Taper Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
Odyssey 2-ball
Titleist ProV1X

GO VOLS!