2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Official Bio Cell + Thread

pollock21

[quote name='jar59' timestamp='1392835784' post='8702891']
[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1392752914' post='8695599']
I would guess the left handed adapter plays exactly opposite of the right. 11.5 = 8.5, 11=9, etc. I would also guess the draw settings would play open. This is the only sense I can make out of him using the left handed adapter.
[/quote]

According to the Golfwrx review on the regular head Bio Cell, the face goes from .5 * open at the lowest setting (8*) up to .75* closed at the 12* setting. That would make the 10.5 setting to be almost square (about 1/8th degree~ closed). If Ricky is playing it at 8.5, it would be slightly open anyway.
[/quote]

does anyone know if there are two versions of the head like the amp cell pro? Silver piece on the back more neutral/open head, sliver piece on the toe and back more closed.

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1393248299' post='8733448']
[quote name='jar59' timestamp='1392835784' post='8702891']
[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1392752914' post='8695599']
I would guess the left handed adapter plays exactly opposite of the right. 11.5 = 8.5, 11=9, etc. I would also guess the draw settings would play open. This is the only sense I can make out of him using the left handed adapter.
[/quote]

According to the Golfwrx review on the regular head Bio Cell, the face goes from .5 * open at the lowest setting (8*) up to .75* closed at the 12* setting. That would make the 10.5 setting to be almost square (about 1/8th degree~ closed). If Ricky is playing it at 8.5, it would be slightly open anyway.
[/quote]

does anyone know if there are two versions of the head like the amp cell pro? Silver piece on the back more neutral/open head, sliver piece on the toe and back more closed.
[/quote]

Everything that I have seen indicates that the regular Bio Cell head only goes down to 9* in the lowest setting. If you put a + tip on it, will it go down to 8*?

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

Mine came in last night. I ordered the blue and it looks awesome. Waiting for my adapter to come in so I can get my 757 installed to try against the stock red tie. I need to pick up another adapted as well for my black tie and then it will be fitting time!

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1393333655' post='8740640']
Mine came in last night. I ordered the blue and it looks awesome. Waiting for my adapter to come in so I can get my 757 installed to try against the stock red tie. I need to pick up another adapted as well for my black tie and then it will be fitting time!
[/quote]

Where are you getting your adapters?

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

Got mine off the bay. Seller with a very high rating and lots of transactions. Supposedly OEM off a tour van...
From what I gather, if they come with a screw, they're most likely knock offs. Take that with a grain of salt though.

[size=3]Finally had a chance to get my shafts set up today. I'm sitting on a black tie x-stiff with a sleeve on it, and currently installed is my 757 x-stiff. My 757 was tipped 1/2" and set up to play 45" in my r1. Unfortunately, the shaft sits a little over 1/4" farther into the r1 sleeve than the cobra, so I had a little prepped tip sticking out of the top of the adapter. I masked it off and used a black sharpie to color it all black. From address it blends nicely with the adapter. Not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.[/size]

[size=3]The 757 is quite heavier than the stock red tie, so I was happy to see the swing weight to come out to around D3.5. It's playing just a tad under 45". I mean the tip of the grip just barely missed hitting the 45" mark. So anyone moving a shaft from an R1 over will need to be aware, it's gonna play roughly 1/4 to 3/8" shorter. But don't worry, that will probably help you.[/size]

[size=3]The pearl paint on the 757 is just a shade darker than the pearl paint on the head, but it looks amazing in person. I have a feeling this is going to be a sweet setup![/size]

[size=3]I was planning to test the red tie, but the more I thought about it, the more I knew it just wouldn't work for my swing. So I have a stock red tie sitting around in X-Stiff that's never seen a ball. I used the tip from it for my 757 and put the other one on my black tie. I think I should be able to sell it pretty easily as a lot of the bio cell guys are wanting to get the red tie for their heads. I'm hoping to get out this weekend for my first round, but worst case I'll just work in a range trip. I'll follow up with some feedback if I get out.[/size]

[size=3]My club builder finally has a flightscope on order that just shipped today, so once he's set up, I'm going to do a full fitting with both of my shafts to find my best setup. Numbers will follow of course![/size]

[size=3]Now to the pics![/size]

[attachment=2090530:IMG_20140227_182217_772.jpg][attachment=2090532:IMG_20140227_182236_191.jpg]

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1393545622' post='8761352']
[size=3]Finally had a chance to get my shafts set up today. I'm sitting on a black tie x-stiff with a sleeve on it, and currently installed is my 757 x-stiff. My 757 was tipped 1/2" and set up to play 45" in my r1. Unfortunately, the shaft sits a little over 1/4" farther into the r1 sleeve than the cobra, so I had a little prepped tip sticking out of the top of the adapter. I masked it off and used a black sharpie to color it all black. From address it blends nicely with the adapter. Not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.[/size]

[size=3]The 757 is quite heavier than the stock red tie, so I was happy to see the swing weight to come out to around D3.5. It's playing just a tad under 45". I mean the tip of the grip just barely missed hitting the 45" mark. So anyone moving a shaft from an R1 over will need to be aware, it's gonna play roughly 1/4 to 3/8" shorter. But don't worry, that will probably help you.[/size]

[size=3]The pearl paint on the 757 is just a shade darker than the pearl paint on the head, but it looks amazing in person. I have a feeling this is going to be a sweet setup![/size]

[size=3]I was planning to test the red tie, but the more I thought about it, the more I knew it just wouldn't work for my swing. So I have a stock red tie sitting around in X-Stiff that's never seen a ball. I used the tip from it for my 757 and put the other one on my black tie. I think I should be able to sell it pretty easily as a lot of the bio cell guys are wanting to get the red tie for their heads. I'm hoping to get out this weekend for my first round, but worst case I'll just work in a range trip. I'll follow up with some feedback if I get out.[/size]

[size=3]My club builder finally has a flightscope on order that just shipped today, so once he's set up, I'm going to do a full fitting with both of my shafts to find my best setup. Numbers will follow of course![/size]

[size=3]Now to the pics![/size]

[attachment=2090530:IMG_20140227_182217_772.jpg][attachment=2090532:IMG_20140227_182236_191.jpg]
[/quote]

Can't wait to hear back as this is the exact combo I'm thinking about too. Trying to find a black speeder 757 now. I'm trying out a Kuro Kage PROTO tini ion now in 70 XX and a Veylix (forgot the name) 60x and both are producing ridiculous ball speeds for me. Do not have spin numbers but when I do, I'll post them.

I'll be sure to post up once I get some numbers and a day on the course as well. I've been hearing a lot about the proto tini lately, don't know anything about it. Also heard some good things about the Veylix line, but I've never hit either of them. Can't wait to see some numbers on this head. I've looked all over the interwebs and can't find anything.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1393554054' post='8762238']
I'll be sure to post up once I get some numbers and a day on the course as well. I've been hearing a lot about the proto tini lately, don't know anything about it. Also heard some good things about the Veylix line, but I've never hit either of them. Can't wait to see some numbers on this head. I've looked all over the interwebs and can't find anything.
[/quote]

Do a search on YouTube, there is a guy that has done a review on both the standard Bio and the +.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

Guys hit everything last night including tons of shafts and keep going back to the + with the red tie. My question is for guys who are gaming the black and white version do you like it? Seems like it would frame the ball amazing. Thoughts? About to pull trigger on this
Thanks

Epic SZ T1100 75 6.5
913 FD 15* d+ White
915H D+ 80
Cally Apex C-Taper
Vokey SM6
Bettinardi BB37

[quote name='Ajelzy' timestamp='1393691675' post='8771564']
Guys hit everything last night including tons of shafts and keep going back to the + with the red tie. My question is for guys who are gaming the black and white version do you like it? Seems like it would frame the ball amazing. Thoughts? About to pull trigger on this
Thanks
[/quote]

Looks fantastic! I have a new one in the wrapper. If interested PM me and lets make a deal

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1393556655' post='8762514']
[/quote]

Do a search on YouTube, there is a guy that has done a review on both the standard Bio and the +.
[/quote]

Can you post the link?

I got in two solid days at the range this weekend. Overall, I feel it is more neutral bias than fade. This thing is very long, and very forgiving! I had a range of misses all over the face that still produced playable results.

Both the black tie and 757 seemed to perform well for me and it will take a session on the monitor to see what the real differences are. Ball flight was penetrating and didn't seem to balloon at all, so I believe the spin numbers were ideal. I was surprised to find a better launch at 9.5 over what I thought would be ideal at 8.5, which probably equates to some lower spin numbers. This thing has amazing feel, length, and forgiveness. I'm not sure what else you could want in a driver. Cobra has a superstar on their hands here if you can forget about the looks and just hit it. I personally love the look and how it sets up, frames the ball nicely.

I have a vid I shot in slo mo with the new iPhone that I'll try to post up later on tonight.

I'm thinking the blue head with my Grafalloy Blue(white) Shaft will be the bomb...it works so well in my ZLE, I am confident I can gain some with the new Bio+. Plan to give the club a ride this coming weekend!

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen4 @ 10.5* w/Tour AD VR-6 S

Fairway: PXG 0341 X GEN4 @ 15* w/PX Evenflow Riptide CB 60g
Fairway: Callaway Mavrik @ 18* w/PX Evenflow Riptide 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen4 Xtreme Dark Combination Set: 5-7 Gen4 XP; 8-GW Gen4 P w/SteelFiber 95
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Black Satin 50*  54*  58*

Putter: PXG Bat Attack-HS @ 35.5"
Ball: Wilson Staff Model

Pulled the trigger on a black one with stock red tie After hitting tons of shafts and this seems to give club a great feel and could lower loft. I play it at 8.5D and played bay hill today with it ! This thing is the best driver I have ever hit after three rounds long long long and very forgiving. Point and shoot nice as someone said earlier to not have to think just swing. This is a amazing driver and thanks for all the feedback. Btw the black and white frames the ball perfect for those worried about color scheme
Thanks

Epic SZ T1100 75 6.5
913 FD 15* d+ White
915H D+ 80
Cally Apex C-Taper
Vokey SM6
Bettinardi BB37

Here's the link, not sure how to embed.

First is the slo mo swing, second is full speed. I don't find the sound loud by any means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42nPsdnfaNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlnEVnBpWwA

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1393698315' post='8772160']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you post the link?
[/quote]

I will try to find it again. I think the guys name is Tom Motley.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1393879216' post='8789286']
For the guys that hate the looks of it, I would think the black would appeal to them. That black looks mean!
[/quote]

I will agree I hit the white/black one today, and it just frames the ball perfectly. I am not sure about the other colors, but I was tempted to pick one up. I wonder how it compares to the BBA and the SLDR on the course. I decided I like it a lot more than the standard Bio as well. I forgot to add that it was paired up with the New/Old Grafalloy Blue X, which is white of course; and it was a beast. I was getting great numbers, and it was super forgiving. I really wish Cobra had more complete fitting options, as these clubs are really good.

[quote name='pollock21' timestamp='1393879216' post='8789286']
For the guys that hate the looks of it, I would think the black would appeal to them. That black looks mean!
[/quote]

It does look really good.

We are getting to the point where colored crowns are a non issue...

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1393897745' post='8791615']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you post the link?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jason McNiven at Golfprinciples has done a Youtube vid too. Easy enough to find on Youtube.

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1393897745' post='8791615']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you post the link?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks!

I checked out both of those reviews, not really what I was looking for. Seemed to be more about the bio cell, or about the clubs in general. I was looking for more of a Mark Crossfield type of review, hitting the club, spin numbers, etc. I'm sure eventually someone will do a review like that.

Couple of questions:

Are the adapters metal? Can I pull it off the stock shaft and re-use? I know the Amp cell adapters were, but these actually don't feel like metal.

A bio cell+ adapter in a Regular Bio cell head, is the 8.5* setting going to play 8.5*, or is it going to be 9.5*? .... Thanks.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

I pulled my stock one. I believe they are all aluminum or some other type of metal. Very easily done, no plastic anywhere to damage. It's a cake walk. I however have no idea of the plus to standard conversion.

Any other feedback guys? My time at the range last weekend, I was flat out impressed. Can't wait to see it on the course this weekend.

[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1394145595' post='8814273']
Couple of questions:

Are the adapters metal? Can I pull it off the stock shaft and re-use? I know the Amp cell adapters were, but these actually don't feel like metal.

A bio cell+ adapter in a Regular Bio cell head, is the 8.5* setting going to play 8.5*, or is it going to be 9.5*? .... Thanks.
[/quote]

Do not believe the + adapter will make the standard 8.5 could be wrong but i think it would be 9.5.

I received my Bio Cell+ Driver and Bio cell 5-7 wood yesterday, black heads with black AD-DI 6/7X.

First off these look awesome with the black and white heads and the black and white DI, I know no not everyone cares about looks but it caught my attention right away!

Hit both on flightscope this morning against my former gamers, Covert Performance with V2 67X and Rll 3wood with Motore F3 X. I hit 10 "good" shots with each.

Covert set at 12.5

262 Carry 273 Total 162 Ballspeed 3200 RPM 9.8 Launch

BIO+ set at 11

285 Carry 296 Total 163 Ballspeed 2700 RPM 13.5 Launch

Higher launch and lower spin is a great combo or me!

Really like the way it sets up, looks dead square and deep. Fairway was very good too but since this is a bio cell+ driver thread I will leave that out.

I have one and put in play yesterday for 9 holes. Played my Callaway Big Bertha (non alpha) for the next 9. Also compared both side to side on several holes. Bottom line I think it's a good driver but need a bit more time to really get comfortable. Overall the BB was longer and more consistent with the Fubuki. That being said I hit some bombs with the Bio Cell +. Feelis awesome, trajectory is high and spin definitely low. The Black/ White color combo is hard to beat-Simply beautiful! Not sure about the Red Tie. May have to pop a Motore Speeder or Ahina I it to really put it to the test. Bottom line for me- Jury's still out

[quote name='sieve35' timestamp='1394158480' post='8815863']
[quote name='Hookasaurus Rex' timestamp='1394145595' post='8814273']
Couple of questions:

[/quote]

Do not believe the + adapter will make the standard 8.5 could be wrong but i think it would be 9.5.

I received my Bio Cell+ Driver and Bio cell 5-7 wood yesterday, black heads with black AD-DI 6/7X.

First off these look awesome with the black and white heads and the black and white DI, I know no not everyone cares about looks but it caught my attention right away!

Hit both on flightscope this morning against my former gamers, Covert Performance with V2 67X and Rll 3wood with Motore F3 X. I hit 10 "good" shots with each.

Covert set at 12.5

262 Carry 273 Total 162 Ballspeed 3200 RPM 9.8 Launch

BIO+ set at 11

285 Carry 296 Total 163 Ballspeed 2700 RPM 13.5 Launch

Higher launch and lower spin is a great combo or me!

Really like the way it sets up, looks dead square and deep. Fairway was very good too but since this is a bio cell+ driver thread I will leave that out.
[/quote]

Please do tell about the fairway. The 5-7 is the one I'm looking at to fill my hybrid slot. Would love to hear your thoughts. I think the smaller head of the + will be a nice fit for that club. I love my hybrid, but I this bio cell line has my attention.

[size="2"][color="#333333"]Lobber, nice review and side by side comparison. I never even gave my red tie a shot. I have never hit 60g shafts well in my driver and I had a 757 and black tie sitting around getting antsy. Considering my ball flight with the black tie, I don't think the red tie would have worked well for me. I think you'll be very happy with an a'hina or speeder in that thing.[/color][/size][color=#333333][size=1] [/size][/color]