SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Schnee

> @q-school said:

> New 3 wood?

I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

• Like 1

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

> @MonteScheinblum said:

> > @q-school said:

> > New 3 wood?

>

> I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

>

Which are what? Because I feel the same way about 3-woods

> @Spongeb0b said:

> > @MonteScheinblum said:

> > > @q-school said:

> > > New 3 wood?

> >

> > I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

> >

>

> Which are what? Because I feel the same way about 3-woods

I’m guessing yank handle, get steep, early extend a bit to shallow, swing path then goes to +10* then boom, snap or right of right. That’s why fairway woods and hybrids get me into trouble sometimes. Monte is such a good player that he probably almost never does that and it may be something else but I think that’s a pretty good guess.

$$$$

> @Spongeb0b said:

> > @MonteScheinblum said:

> > > @q-school said:

> > > New 3 wood?

> >

> > I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

> >

>

> Which are what? Because I feel the same way about 3-woods

Pull on butt of club too hard. Shaft gets vertical, face gets open and I raise the handle too much to shallow. Heel blocks and hooks.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

> @chiva said:

> > @Spongeb0b said:

> > > @MonteScheinblum said:

> > > > @q-school said:

> > > > New 3 wood?

> > >

> > > I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

> > >

> >

> > Which are what? Because I feel the same way about 3-woods

>

> I’m guessing yank handle, get steep, early extend a bit to shallow, swing path then goes to +10* then boom, snap or right of right. That’s why fairway woods and hybrids get me into trouble sometimes. Monte is such a good player that he probably almost never does that and it may be something else but I think that’s a pretty good guess.

>

story of my life

> @pinhigh27 said:

> > @chiva said:

> > > @Spongeb0b said:

> > > > @MonteScheinblum said:

> > > > > @q-school said:

> > > > > New 3 wood?

> > > >

> > > > I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which are what? Because I feel the same way about 3-woods

> >

> > I’m guessing yank handle, get steep, early extend a bit to shallow, swing path then goes to +10* then boom, snap or right of right. That’s why fairway woods and hybrids get me into trouble sometimes. Monte is such a good player that he probably almost never does that and it may be something else but I think that’s a pretty good guess.

> >

>

> story of my life

Because you restrict your hip turn then try to hit wedge 160.?

BERTRAND RUSSELL

> @MonteScheinblum said:

> > @q-school said:

> > New 3 wood?

>

> I have a new one and it’s better than anything I’ve had before. I have never in my career gotten along with 3 wood. My swing faults don’t match up well with fairway woods and hybrids. Rectifying that.

>

My swing faults don't match up well with any of my clubs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t believe I forgot to post about this bad boy. Dan Carraher, aka iteachgolf has been working on some awesome divot tools, and he hooked me up with one. This one has a really cool torched finish on one side and it’s raw on the other. The torch changes with the oils from your hands. I’m kind of a divot tool collector/hoarder and this one is definitely the most unique. Very very cool. Thanks Dan! 6z7y7ip6j0sr.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Haven’t updated in a while. It’s been a good summer, and I’ve learned a ton this year. I haven’t posted much because I’ve just enjoyed working on my game away from GolfWRX to be honest. That and the new format was hard to get used to.

Here’s what I’ve been up to:

This year is what I would consider a learning year. My club championship was a disappointment. Showed up the first day ready to go, and through some putting yips, failure to commit to shots, and tough windy conditions, I shot an 84 first round. (I had a 5 putt on the second hole). Abysmal. Came back and shot a 73 the next day which was the low round of the day, but not enough to make up the deficit. Came in second by two shots.

In my state mid am, I shot 81 in windy conditions hitting only 7 greens in regulation. Again, terrible. Hit 13 fairways but my iron play flat out sucked. Missed qualifying by one shot. It was painful.

Regrouped and came back the next week to win my club’s match play championship.

My game has come a long way this year. Aside from some disappointing tournament scores, my handicap has come down, and my anticap is lower than it’s ever been. In the past, I could shoot 72-76 on a good day and high 80s bordering 90 on a bad day. Now it’s under par on a good day, and 75-76 on an off day. I’m hitting the ball better than I ever have, and am finally learning to play golf again.

Last week, I went out and shot my personal best, a 68 (-4). It was also my first bogey free round ever and my most GIR ever, 16. It was an awesome round because it could’ve been even lower. I had 3 more birdie putts lip out, and lipped out an eagle putt. The funny part is it was a relatively boring round. Fairway, green, a putt or two. I followed up that 68 with 3 more under par rounds in my next 4 rounds. Really some great golf.

• Like 3

Nice update Chris. The thing I detest about the Northeast is I finally get my game back in September and the winter comes knocking. Your scoring the last 4 rounds is awesome!

Good work shedding the 50 lbs. I deeply respect the will that takes. I am 30 lbs. down from my peak and have ten more to go, but it is like I hit a brick wall. Right now I am fighting back sliding. This battle is so important for our healthy longevity, keep it up.

Your strength of will is commendable, both on the course and in life.

• Like 2

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

> @northgolf said:

> Nice update Chris. The thing I detest about the Northeast is I finally get my game back in September and the winter comes knocking. Your scoring the last 4 rounds is awesome!

>

> Good work shedding the 50 lbs. I deeply respect the will that takes. I am 30 lbs. down from my peak and have ten more to go, but it is like I hit a brick wall. Right now I am fighting back sliding. This battle is so important for our healthy longevity, keep it up.

>

> Your strength of will is commendable, both on the course and in life.

Thanks North. That means a lot. I’ve taken a different approach and it’s really paying off. I feel like the changes I’ve made in all aspects are sustainable. Congrats to you as well!

Once a ho always a ho.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Ah, memories of the Directed Force. That's the best looking one I've seen and that grip looks less simple foam-like, but I will not go back, lol, I will not go back! Awesome it's working and glad to read about that! I enjoyed the DFs I had, but found a different "forever" putter a little over a year ago, so far so good, but DFs are solid.

Kind of reverse ho mentality with those AP2s - liking that. I've had some nice sets of irons the last few years (this year bought none!) and all of them kept getting sidelined for the many year old Legacy Blacks I picked up off eBay in 2016. Even bought another set of "Stenson's" from a wrxer off BST (luckily neither of my sets has had to come from Japan) just so I'd have an extra set of heads I like them so much. They just work for me, so it's interesting you've gone to previous generation AP2s and they are working! At your level probably good to commit to a bag, I mean really commit to a bag, lol, if you are going to compete more.

Ooops, not about me, my wife always says!

One of the great threads on this board, glad to see how things have been going for you. Weight loss is tough. Lost a bunch myself, now up about 4-6 depending on the week from a needed drop of 20+ a couple years ago and that bit of gain the last few weeks is all not playing as much golf, not mowing as much and eating better than I should, lol, lately. I've sort of plateaued but need to be vigilant and honestly once that 4-6 is gone again, the tough part is taking on the next 10-15 that would be ideal but not critical - I just know at the margin those pounds won't go without a fight! So much credit to you for taking that on if that's what you feel you need, it is tough and involves a lot of commitment. I hear Schnee, "Honey, does this white belt make me look big?" LOL, just kidding.

Hope you get in as much golf as you can this fall.

Great work Chris. You've come a long way and made amazing progress. Congrats on the weight loss! In my book that's bigger than the golf improvement. I've dropped a little over 50 pounds this year as well and unfortunately it's done nothing for my swing. It's been my worst year in the last 10 or so. I'm driving it well, putting and short game are OK, but my irons/wedges are absolute cr@p. Also struggling with hitting it on the hosel lately too. I had such high hopes for this season after the weight loss, but it totally jacked my swing.

I think you're on to something with "narrower". When I was ready to break my clubs in half earlier this season I took a lesson from one of the pros at my club. He video'd me and put it side by side with Gary Woodland's swing image-flipped so he would appear LH. It struck me how much narrower he appeared...and how his takeaway and transition were perfect, but that's beside the point. :) Anyway I'm going to keep plugging away and hope to find something.

It's been great following this thread and seeing how much progress you've made. Keep it going!

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

@Schnee how you liking the DF putter? I'm so hit and miss with my putting... one day I could be draining most everything and other days I'll 3 putt most every hole unless it's a kick in. When I saw this putter (plus I know Monte had it in bag for a while? or still does) I thought maybe it might help me on my bad days.

Also love reading your story. Seeing us come from the same place as far as beginning golf goes and watching you succeed gives me hope that I'll get to scratch some day. When we met at Monte's clinic last summer in NJ I was about a 22HC, now I'm a 12 but I trended as low as an 8 for a brief moment this year. It's cool to see that hard work and persistence can pay off in golf.

> @Schnee said:

>

>

>

> 6dwasyf20idk.jpeg

> lu8siqtm2zn8.jpeg

> w1hu4yyjqqua.jpeg

>

Great stuff Chris - how did you lose the 50 ? Keto/paleo/fast/Mickelson coffee drink ? Asking for a friend ...

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Very nice update, Chris. Keep up the good work on your game and your health - major accomplishments on both fronts!

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @"Ghost of Snead" said:

> > @Schnee said:

> >

> >

> >

> > 6dwasyf20idk.jpeg

> > lu8siqtm2zn8.jpeg

> > w1hu4yyjqqua.jpeg

> >

>

> Great stuff Chris - how did you lose the 50 ? Keto/paleo/fast/Mickelson coffee drink ? Asking for a friend ...

Intermittent fasting. I always used to eat breakfast. Decided to try IF. Last meal at 7-8pm, then don’t eat for at least 16 hours, usually more like 18. So lunch is my first meal of the day. I find Im Less hungry, despite it being a while since eating. So I eat a smaller portion. You have to show yourself you’re not eating that extra bit because you’re hungry. Skip it and you’ll be surprised at how you really don’t want it.

Then the usual deal, lots of water, less carbs, smaller portions, exercise. For me, exercise is mostly walking 18 1-2 times a week often carrying my bag (since May I carried getting ready to caddy at the Open. Continued it after then), gym a few days a week with some cardio and weights.

It’s been a slower weight loss progression about 1, sometimes 2 pounds a week, but it’s going to be sustainable.

Think about it, all I have to do is skip breakfast and be active. I’m still eating what I like, but I’m learning moderation. That’s totally doable long term. I have an obsessive personality. Have to keep it in check.

I’m almost down to the weight I was at pre-wrist injury. From there I’d like to lose another 20 or so, that would be ideal.

• Like 4

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> @Schnee how you liking the DF putter? I'm so hit and miss with my putting... one day I could be draining most everything and other days I'll 3 putt most every hole unless it's a kick in. When I saw this putter (plus I know Monte had it in bag for a while? or still does) I thought maybe it might help me on my bad days.

>

> Also love reading your story. Seeing us come from the same place as far as beginning golf goes and watching you succeed gives me hope that I'll get to scratch some day. When we met at Monte's clinic last summer in NJ I was about a 22HC, now I'm a 12 but I trended as low as an 8 for a brief moment this year. It's cool to see that hard work and persistence can pay off in golf.

I’m loving this DF. I had a hot and cold relationship with my last one but like I said, this one is much improved. It’s nice to know that if you miss a putt, it’s because you misread it, not because of a bad stroke. Only possible misses are poor speed or poor read. It’s a freeing sensation. I’ve had a couple rounds back with conventional putters and I’m still good with them, but the DF is my tournament weapon. So forgiving.

I’m a good putter already, but the DF builds in some extra help. Why not make the game easier?

I can thank my friend Ryan for convincing me to try the new one and Bill Presse for sending me this awesome flatstick.

It’s not a cure all, but it sure is great.

• Like 2

• Schnee changed the title to SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other