09e15a5669be9ed661f23963aba31719.png

Arnold Palmer Invitational Facebook

PGA Tour Facebook

TwitterLogoSmall.jpg

Arnold Palmer Invitational Twitter

PGA Tour Twitter

• FIELD: Full Field

18 PLAYERS RECEIVE SPONSOR EXEMPTIONS

Padraig Harrington, Retief Goosen and Lee Janzen, who combined have a total of seven major championships between them were among 18 players selected to receive sponsor exemptions to play in the Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard.

The PGA TOUR event with a field of 120 players will be held on the week of March 17-23 at the Bay Hill Club & Lodge in Orlando, Florida.

Eight sponsor exemptions went to PGA TOUR Regular or Past Champion members. In addition to Harrington, Goosen and Janzen the other exemptions went to Daniel Chopra, Past Champions Chad Campbell and Rod Pampling, Camilo Villegas and former Masters Champion Trevor Immelman.

Two exemptions from the 2013 Web.com TOUR were issued to Chesson Hadley and Michael Putnam.

The other eight sponsor exemptions were unrestricted. These went to Southern Amateur champion Zachary Olsen, four-time USGA Mid-Amateur champion Nathan Smith, Sean O'Hair, Dicky Pride, Paul Casey, Sam Saunders, Brooks Koepka and Peter Uihlein.

• COURSE: Bay Hill Club & Lodge, 7,419 yards, par 72. The 1961 Dick Wilson design was proclaimed the “best course in Florida” after Arnold Palmer first gave it a test – spurring him to eventually buy the place. Palmer has tinkered plenty over the years, but appears satisfied with a makeover now set to host its fifth edition. The closing trio of holes often produces a dramatic finish, most notably Robert Gamez’s stunning 7-iron holeout at No. 18 to zoom past Greg Norman in the 1990 Invitational.

Overview-1.jpg

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: The Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation, which underwrites both the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies. A neonatal unit in need of expansion spurred Palmer to start earmarking tournament proceeds for a new facility. Since 1987, the event has generated more than $16 million for the campus.

• FIELD WATCH: Tiger Woods, balky back and all, heads a strong lineup in which 11 others among the top 20 in the world rankings will try to keep him from an unprecedented ninth Bay Hill crown. Joining him will be No. 2 Adam Scott, No. 3 Henrik Stenson and No. 4 Jason Day – marking the first time this year that the world’s top four have teed it up in the same event. … New WGC-Cadillac Championship winner Patrick Reed also is among seven of the PGA TOUR’s nine winners thus far in 2014. … Sam Saunders, Palmer’s grandson and a Web.com Tour pro, is in on an exemption for the fifth time, but first since 2012.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 264, Payne Stewart (1987).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 62, Andy Bean (2nd round, 1981), Greg Norman (2nd round, 1984).

• LAST YEAR: An extra day’s wait made little difference to Woods, who held off Justin Rose and Rickie Fowler in a Monday finish to return to No. 1 in the world rankings and match Sam Snead’s mark by winning eight times in the same event. Damaging thunderstorms with winds up to 62 mph forced the final round to be held over, but Woods’ 2-under 70 never let anyone get closer than two shots when play resumed. Woods notched his third victory of 2013 and 77th of his career, bringing him within five of Snead’s all-time record. Eight of Snead’s wins came in Greensboro, setting the single-tournament standard that Woods matched.

tiger-woods-.jpg

STORYLINES: Woods’ quest for No. 9 comes amid the uncertainty of his sore back, which prompted him to withdraw five holes from the end at The Honda Classic and limp home in 25th at Trump Doral. Other than a 2010 slate that didn’t start until the Masters, this is the longest he’s gone into a year without a top-10 finish. … Reed can expect a newfound following after his victory on the Blue Monster, his third in a seven-month span dating to August’s Wyndham Championship. He’s now No. 3 in the FedExCup standings, 546 points behind Jimmy Walker. … Reed or Honda winner Russell Henley can give the Florida Swing its third two-time winner in the past five years. Woods won at Doral and Bay Hill last year; Ernie Els did it in 2010. … Day returns to action from a minor thumb injury that prompted him to take himself out of the WGC-Cadillac Championship lineup last week.

• SHORT CHIPS: Since the PGA TOUR started coming to Bay Hill 35 years ago, Scotland’s Martin Laird (2011) is the only European to claim the trophy. Just three other internationals have won – Els (1998 and ’10), Rod Pampling (2006) and Vijay Singh (2007). … Twenty of the 132 players in the field keep a residence in the Orlando area, a list that includes reigning FedExCup champion Stenson, U.S. Open titleholder Justin Rose and 2012 Masters champ Bubba Watson.

TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 12:30-2 p.m. (GC), 2-6 p.m. (NBC).

• RADIO: Thursday- Sunday, noon-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).

LIVE INTERVIEW SCHEDULE: ARNOLD PALMER INVITATIONAL

Wednesday, March 19

Arnold Palmer, 10 a.m.

Tiger Woods, after pro-am

ARNOLD PALMER: ORLANO'S FIRST AMBASSADOR

** Special Hour Long Tribute Presented by Local Orlando Station WKMG **

1966686_702818059777140_1891561791_n.jpg

"In a life full of incredible accomplishments, what makes Arnold Palmer unique is how many times he was the first to do something. There are his many firsts when it comes to golf, his many firsts when it comes to his power as a Spokesman, but there’s a first that’s often forgotten...

Arnold Palmer was the first to recognize the potential of Orlando to be a great city and an incredible place to live. He helped make Orlando the place it is today."

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:

Monday, March 17

Champions for Arnold's Kids Pro-Am tournament (cancelled due to a tornado watch and approraching inclement weather)

2014 Florida Golf Outreach Youth Day Breakfast 7:30 a.m.

FREE The First Tee of Central Florida Youth Day - 4:30-6:00 p.m. on the Driving Range.

Tuesday, March 18

Practice day for pros

Arnie's March Against Children's Cancer

Wednesday, March 19

Wednesday PRO-AM tournament, #1 & #10 tees

Thursday, March 20

Competition - Round 1

Golf Channel: 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET (LIVE) Replay: 8:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. ET

Friday, March 21

Competition - Round 2

Golf Channel: 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET (LIVE) Replay: 8:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. ET

Wine & Dine on 9 from 2:00pm-5:30pm, #9 fairway.

Saturday, March 22

Competition - Round 3

Golf Channel: 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET

NBC: 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET

Birdies, BBQ & U from 1:00pm-4:00pm, #9 fairway

Sunday, March, 23

Competition - Round 4

Golf Channel: 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET

NBC: 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET

Note: all times and events listed above are subject to change.

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[url="http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2014/03/17/day-withdraws-from-arnold-palmer-invitational.html"][b]Day withdraws from Arnold Palmer Invitational[/b][/url]

March 17, 2014

A lingering left thumb injury has caused Jason Day to withdraw from this week's Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard.

It marks the second time in as many starts that Day has pulled out of an event because of the injury -- he also withdrew prior to the start of the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship.

Day's thumb has bothered him since his victory at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship and he later underwent an MRI in Miami. The results were negative but Day said his plan was to rest for a couple of weeks.

With the Masters just three weeks away, the latest move was at the very least a precautionary one.

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

Day won't play tournaments until the Masters, but he will practice. I think he'll be fine. Hoping for a good week from Scott

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1395178699' post='8899719']
tiger has withdrawn....thx for the update danielao

[url="http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014/03/18/69554590/tiger-to-miss-arnold-palmer-invitational-due-to-back-spasms/"]http://www.tigerwood...to-back-spasms/[/url]
[/quote]
Best move to pull out now and heal up. Plus you give a spot to an alternate.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='ctmason_98' timestamp='1395179123' post='8899779']
Brice Garnett in the field if I'm reading this correctly? Good for him if so. Not too many Griffon alumni out there. Go get 'em kid!
[/quote]

actually read up on his story after seeing his name on the honda leaderboard....random guy i didnt recognize but he's been grinding to get starts. i like to see that and hope he does well

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

Is Patrick Reed playing, i want him to win and then tell Palmer that he sucks and that he is better then him, and then slam the microphone down and say "shake and bake" or something.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1395193083' post='8901369']
Is Patrick Reed playing, i want him to win and then tell Palmer that he sucks and that he is better then him, and then slam the microphone down and say "shake and bake" or something.
[/quote]

Patrick Reed does not tell anyone he is better than them. THE WORLD tells Patrick Reed they aren't as good as him.

[quote name='ctmason_98' timestamp='1395207340' post='8902635']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1395193083' post='8901369']
[/quote]

Patrick Reed does not tell anyone he is better than them. THE WORLD tells Patrick Reed they aren't as good as him.
[/quote]

I want him to win and then say "i am adding this to my considerable list of accomplishments, which is as follows: (lists accomplishments)"

and then just grabs a girl from the gallery and makes out with her

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

** 17th **

BjHAhUtCcAAg96U.jpg

** harris english with a mastercard member **

BjG_1CbIIAEC5zb.jpg

** rickie fowler teeing off at the pro-am **

BjGkLr0IUAAaaQF.jpg

** the king with his new great-grandson....a lot of sleepless nights in the future of sam saunders **

BjGdp-zIcAAZEv4.jpg

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[url="http://golfweek.com/news/2014/mar/18/pga-tour-arnold-palmer-invitational-tee-times/"]round 1 tee times[/url]

[b]OFF TEE NO. 1[/b]

7:35 a.m.: Sean O’Hair, Jason Bohn, Chris Stroud

7:47 a.m.: Pat Perez, Peter Hanson, Justin Hicks

7:59 a.m.: Dicky Pride, David Lingmerth, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano

8:11 a.m.: Scott Stallings, Ryan Moore, Kevin Na

8:23 a.m.: John Senden, Russell Henley, Charles Howell III

8:35 a.m.: Sang-Moon Bae, D.A. Points, Lee Westwood

8:47 a.m.: Billy Horschel, Lucas Glover, Jhonattan Vegas

8:59 a.m.: Ken Duke, Derek Ernst, Scott Brown

9:11 a.m.: Paul Casey, Paul Goydos, William McGirt

9:23 a.m.: Robert Gamez, Tim Wilkinson, Matthew Fitzpatrick

12:20 p.m.: J.B. Holmes, David Lynn, Greg Chalmers

12:32 p.m.: Aaron Baddeley, Kevin Chappell, Brian Harman

12:44 p.m.: Brendan Steele, Jeff Overton, Ryo Ishikawa

12:56 p.m.: Henrik Stenson, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley

1:08 p.m.: Harris English, Brice Garnett, Graeme McDowell

1:20 p.m.: Charlie Beljan, Marc Leishman, Rory Sabbatini

1:32 p.m.: Martin Laird, Brian Gay, Retief Goosen

1:44 p.m.: Will MacKenzie, Rod Pampling, Matt Jones

1:56 p.m.: Jamie Donaldson, Jason Kokrak, Michael Putnam

2:08 p.m.: Francesco Molinari, Hudson Swafford, Rod Perry

[b]OFF TEE NO. 10[/b]

7:35 a.m.: Lee Janzen, Briny Baird, Seung-Yul Noh

7:47 a.m.: Chad Campbell, Brendon Todd, Russell Knox

7:59 a.m.: Daniel Chopra, Brian Stuard, Luke Guthrie

8:11 a.m.: Bubba Watson, Brandt Snedeker, Rickie Fowler

8:23 a.m.: Patrick Reed, Adam Scott, Justin Rose

8:35 a.m.: Bryce Molder, K.J. Choi, Davis Love III

8:47 a.m.: J.J. Henry, Darren Clarke, Vijay Singh

8:59 a.m.: Trevor Immelman, Greg Owen, Morgan Hoffmann

9:11 a.m.: David Duval, Nicholas Thompson, Cameron Tringale

9:23 a.m.: Jim Renner, Billy Hurley III, Nathan T. Smith

12:20 p.m.: Camilo Villegas, Padraig Harrington, Erik Compton

12:32 p.m.: Freddie Jacobson, Tim Herron, Matt Every

12:44 p.m.: Robert Garrigus, Daniel Summerhays, Nicolas Colsaerts

12:56 p.m.: Chesson Hadley, Zach Johnson, George McNeill

1:08 p.m.: Chris Kirk, Gary Woodland, Hunter Mahan

1:20 p.m.: Boo Weekley, Stuart Appleby, Stewart Cink

1:32 p.m.: Woody Austin, John Merrick, Angel Cabrera

1:44 p.m.: David Hearn, Chad Collins, Brian Davis

1:56 p.m.: Danny Lee, Ben Martin, Sam Saunders

2:08 p.m.: Tyrone Van Aswegen, Brooks Koepka, Zachary Olsen

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

Patrick Reed wore red last sunday in honor of Tiger. Does he wear a back brace this sunday to do the same?

Hope Tiger gets better quickly though. A bad back is not something you should take lightly.

edit: Patrick Reed paired with Scott and Rose. Looks like he is not the only person thinking he is a top 5 golfer. Nice marquee group there.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

[url="http://www.golf.com/ap-news/bay-hill-will-have-go-without-tiger-woods?sct=hp3"][b]Arnold Palmer: Tiger needs time to get ready for Augusta[/b][/url]

March 19, 2014

[b]The four-time Masters champion has an ailing back, and he's been having it checked out even more regularly the last two weeks. It has reached the point that he is planning surgery after the Masters to see if he can get more comfortable playing golf. Tiger Woods?[/b]

[b]No, that would be Arnold Palmer.[/b]

[b]"The doctors have seen things that they think they might be able to do something about," Palmer said Wednesday at Bay Hill. "And I'm at this point about a month away from having an operation on my back to help me enjoy the game a little more."[/b]

Palmer can't speak for Woods, who is unable to defend his title this week in the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

A year ago at Bay Hill, all the talk was that Woods was back. He won Bay Hill to return to No. 1 in the world for the first time in more than two years.

Now all the talk is about Woods' back.

He withdrew with five holes to play in the Honda Classic. His back bothered him the following week at Doral, and then flared up on Sunday as Woods posted a 78, the highest final-round score of his career. After a week off, the lower back pain was persistent enough that Woods called the 84-year-old tournament host to tell him he couldn't defend his title in the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

[b]"He didn't tell me how bad his back is. I don't think he knows how bad his back is," Palmer said. "I think he's listening to the doctors. And he mentioned that they're saying that he needs to give it a bit of a rest and see if he can work it out. He was very nice. And I, of course, have great sympathy for the fact that he tried like hell to come here and play. And I appreciate that and the fact that he called.[/b]

[b]"I think he wanted to play golf this week," Palmer said. "I think that he needs to take (time) - whether it's this week, next week or the following week - to get ready for Augusta. Certainly, if I were in that position, I'd be doing much the same."[/b]

The field at Bay Hill is not as strong as usual, starting with the absence of Woods, the No. 1 player in the world and an eight-time winner of this event. Match Play champion Jason Day (No. 4 in the world) pulled out with recurring pain in his thumb, and Phil Mickelson (No. 5) is not playing this year.

Not that it would change the dynamics of what already has been a peculiar season.

With 18 tournaments in the books since to the official start of the season in October, Zach Johnson is the only player to win a PGA Tour event while ranked among the top 10 in the world. Jimmy Walker has won three times. Patrick Reed, who feels like No. 5 but who still is only No. 20, has two victories, including a World Golf Championship.

The Masters is three weeks away. Is it time for the stars to come out?

"Hopefully, this one does," Masters champion Adam Scott said, pointing to himself with a laugh. "But as far as unexpected winners, it seems to me that's happening more and more in golf. There are more and more guys breaking through, putting in a lot of hard work and getting what they deserve. So I think we've seen a bit of a shift in the game over the last couple of years - a lot less domination by top players."

[b]Graeme McDowell, a runner-up to Woods two years at Bay Hill, said he can understand what the No. 1 player is going through with injuries. He also believes that competition might be an even larger obstacle than his health for Woods to break Jack Nicklaus' record in the majors. Woods is at 14, four short of tying Nicklaus.[/b]

[b]"He's a physical player who creates a lot of speed and a lot of power and his body is starting to struggle a little bit, no doubt about it," McDowell said. "But I'm sure he'll fix it. ... But we all talk about how good the fields are nowadays. Taking Tiger's fitness and physicality out of it, winning major championships is getting harder and harder for everyone - including the best player maybe that's ever lived in Tiger.[/b]

[b]"He's got more than just his body to be fighting. There's a lot of great players in the world now," McDowell said. "It's going to be harder for him to achieve Jack's record. But if anyone can do it, I'm sure he can find a way because we all how good he is."[/b]

Scott already had one chance at Doral to try to get to No. 1 in the world. Even if the Australian were to win this week, he would not go to No. 1, though a combination of winning and the math involved in the world ranking would put him there before the Masters.

For now, there is at least one less star to worry about this week - Woods.

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour