RECAP: LIVE Q&A with COBRA GOLF

HipCheck

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=4][quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1395427615' post='8919697']
Is CPG any further along with the highend milled putter? There were rumors that a highend line was in the works and was hoping you could elaborate more on this if you can. Thanks for taking time and answering our questions.
[/quote]
[color=#000000]Many of us are passionate about putters and we will continue to investigate where we would like to re-enter the Putter Market with a "Cool" Putter that works really well. Stay tuned! - Jose Miraflor[/color][/size]

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions!

What was the biggest influence on the design of your irons such as the Bio Cell and Baffler? The cavity detail is pretty futuristic looking. I remember someone on here likening it to Robo Cop which I think is pretty appropriate. Did that have any influence on the design? And as a follow-up, have you ever been worried about alienating the more traditional crowd with these offerings?

Thanks again.

I mean, I like golf balls
but not that much.

[size=4][quote name='enis750' timestamp='1395428681' post='8919801']
Will there be a new AMP CELL Pro irons making a debut next year?
[/quote]
[color=#000000]Without giving to much away about future products, I can say that we are innovating everyday and Rickie is one of our KEY customers. -Jose Miraflor[/color][/size]

[quote name='CheckJV' timestamp='1395428836' post='8919819']
I liked my silver AMP Cell so much I bought a Blue AMP Cell driver and fairway wood for my dad (74 years old). However, the "older" crowd seems to be really turned off by the colors. The Cell products are just exceptional technology so I was wondering if you would ever think about an all black color to gain more sales with the "conservative" golfers...or is that not Cobra's target demographic?
[/quote]
[size=4][color=#000000]Hey dude, when is the last time you looked at our website? Aren't you on Golfwrx every day? :) It just so happens that we added black as our 5th color this year. Here are some images of the coolness... -Tom Olsavsky[/color][/size]

[quote name='Txstcatman' timestamp='1395430331' post='8920007']
Thanks WRX and Cobra Golf for putting this on!

1. In terms of a marketing standpoint, is there any plan to continue towards signing younger tour pros to contracts in order to keep growing the game from a youth standpoint? It seems that guys like Poulter and Fowler, being young and into the trendsetting subjects of fashion and sports, have attracted much younger fans to the game of golf.

2. What feedback do you seek out from your tour pros and other individuals when it comes to your product performance and what kind of challenge does it pose in engineering improvements for the next cycle of goods?
[/quote]
1. [color=#000000][size=3]For us at Cobra Golf it's not necessarily about age, it's about youthfulness and finding good players who can cut through the clutter and drive awareness to our brand. We want to sign people that are right for the brand and will help spread our message of Game Enjoyment. -Tom Olsavsky[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=3]2. [/size][/color][size="2"][color="#000000"]We are continually working with our tour staff on every aspect of club performance from the typical needs (look/ sound/ feel/ distance etc) but also the aesthetics. Our tour staff is very keen and definitely fashion forward, and we greatly value their input at every step of the R&D process.- MikeYagley [/color][/size]

[color=#2F2F2F]Thanks Tom, Jose, Mike and Doug for the time today.[/color]

[color="#2f2f2f"]Spending some time with a few of our participating fitters for the [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/reviews/best-of-awards-and-the-inside-scoop/"]"Gear Trials"[/url] I have noticed the 2014 line are performers all the way through. Bio Cell Pro and the Bio Cell Drivers are getting some great press with the fitters. They call this years Cobra drivers a blend between the fast forward cg drivers and the uber forgiving high MOI of the rear placed CG heads. [/color]

[color=#2F2F2F]Also the shape and feel of the Bio Cell + irons are awesome. Looking down at them they remind my of the AMP Forged iron. [/color]
[list=1]
[*][color=#2F2F2F]The 2 drivers Bio Cell and Bio Cell + seem to perform very close to each other on trackman. Can you tell us the MOI of each and what the spin differences you are seeing between the two?[/color]
[*][color=#2F2F2F]T[/color][color=#2F2F2F]he Bio Cell + Irons... What is the material of the castings? Also do you have any plans to offer these in different finishes? ;)[/color]
[/list]

[color=#2F2F2F]​[/color][color=#2F2F2F]Thanks again![/color]

[color=#2F2F2F]Richard[/color][list=1]

[/list]

[size=4][quote name='WVP' timestamp='1395428666' post='8919799']
Nice, this should be interesting. Thanks WRX and Cobra...

1. The new Bio Cell drivers look great, and really have my interest for 2014. Can you expand on the differences between the Bio Cell and + versions? Maybe more info than "lower spin and more workable", if possible. How playable is the + driver for mid to high handicaps?

2. The last few iron releases have had hit or miss responses on WRX, mostly due to cosmetics. However, they [u]all[/u] look great behind the ball (better than most OEM's) from address. How do you balance pushing the envelope without turning off more traditional golfers?
[/quote]

[color=#000000]A simple way to differentiate between the two families is that BiO CELL was designed to have a higher ball flight with a slight draw bias. BiO CELL+ was designed to fly lower with less spin and features a more neutral to soft fade bias so that the golfer can work the ball. (See image below)[/color]

[color=#000000]My Fitting Thoughts:
BiO CELL will fit most golfers. We have golfers from tour to 30 handicaps using these products. Speed and Forgiveness was the goal. The metals feature slightly higher lofts needed with todays lower CG positioned heads. The irons, like the metals, feature a low, deep CG for higher launches and slight draw bias. Who wouldn't want that?

BiO CELL+ will fit the stronger, faster swingers, typically lower handicaps, but of course not limited only to low handicaps. If you are a golfer that luanches it high but would like to control your trajectory or reduce your spin to mazimize distance, these products are for you. If you want to work the ball more in any direction, these products are even more for you. The BC+ family features more compact shapes that were designed with feedback from our Tour staff and better players on our test panel. - Jose Miraflor[/color][attachment=2141837:BC vs. BC+ trajectories.jpg][/size]

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1395429019' post='8919845']
Lots of talk of loft and face angles of adjustable drivers. Can you please explain your my fly to us and how exactly it works different from the others?
[size=4][/quote]
[color=#000000]The My Fly sleeve system works similar to other single axis sleeve systems in providing loft and lie adjustments.[/color]
[attachment=2141841:MyFLY8 translucent.jpg]
[color=#000000]The Smart Pad is the key to the system, providing a consistent point for the head to sit on the ground. The Smart Pad works in conjunction with the My Fly to provide consistent face angle regardless of My Fly setting. This provides the best way to optimize performance. Tom Olsavsky[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1395437270' post='8920801']
Which driver head is higher launching between the bio cell and bio cell +?
Thanks!
[/quote]
[color=#000000][size=3]Both drivers can be launched high by simply adjusting the MyFly setting. BC can be adjusted up to 12 degrees and the BC+ can go up to 11 degrees. [/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=3]If both drivers were set to 9.5 the BC would fly higher, have more spin and have a slight draw tendency. -Jose Miraflor[/size][/color]

Many companies are offering a number of grinds on their retail wedges. Why is Cobra/Puma golf staying true to the early Phil Rogers wedge design? Does Mr.Miraflor have plans to bring some of his grinds to the retail market?

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash TD 10.5o w/ Fuji Ventus Black 6x 

5wd: Taylormade Sim2 SHAFT???    

Hybrid: 19Titleist 915 w/ Diamana 90 Stiff

Irons: 4Iron thru GW Titleist T100  Shaft????     

Wedges: Edel Wedges 54 & 58 Nippon Modus 125 

Putter: PXG Bat Attack Gen1

[quote name='pompjr' timestamp='1395443179' post='8921399']
I currently have a ZL encore driver.. It is the best driver I have ever owned!! What is the difference between the bio cell and the zl encore besides the adjustability? Launch? Spin? Forgiveness ?
[/quote]
[size=4][color=#000000]Relative to the ZL Encore the BiO Cell+ driver:[/color]
[color=#000000]- is a more compact design (440cc vs 460cc ZL Encore)[/color]
[color=#000000]- has more efficient weight management through E9 and BiO Cell technology[/color]
[color=#000000]- has lower CG which gives more ball speed, less spin for more distance[/color]
[color=#000000]- has a relatively high MOI for its compact size and shape for forgiveness[/color]
[color=#000000]- comes in more colors[/color]
[color=#000000]- sounds really good (subjective but a consistent player comment)[/color][color=#000000] -Mike Yagley[/color][/size]

I was wondering if there was any development or future on a new Cobra/Puma golf ball

Cobra King LTD w/ UST elements chrome
Cobra F7 w/Hzrdus red 75g
Callaway xhot 19* hybrid w/stock Callaway
Cobra fly z+/ pro irons 4-pw w/ Steelfiber i110's
Cobra King 50* 54* 58* versatile grinds
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3
Snell MTB

[size=4][quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1395441257' post='8921201']
Id like to see Cobra go back to their roots and offer traditional look drivers, fwys, irons and hybrids with less graphics. Anything like that in the works?
[/quote]
[color=#000000]We strive to make classicly shaped heads, and offer Attack Black and a very nice Tradewinds Silver. Crown graphics are used on many modern designs and we think our's are very tasteful. In doing market research with golfers, the majority prefer some design elements vs plain colors. Compare our decals to R1 and RBZ Stage 2 from last year. An obvious example of way too much, that seems to be a mistake from the market leader. We are continuing to create and set many style trends, with some other, larger companies now following suit and even copying elements of our previous designs like racing stripes and button backs :) - All[/color][/size]

As I started to post a few minutes ago, I was rudely interrupted.....but it's ok, because this is what interrupted me....

photo1_zps958e476b.jpg

Now, I need the Green Dicks Edition to play & keep this Beauty on Display!!!!

Driver: Cobra Radspeed Season Opener (9) - Ventus Blue Velo (6s)
Fwy:  Cobra F6 Baffler (16) - Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

D.I.: Taylormade T.P. UDI 2 (18) - Fujikura Pro 115x

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (20.5) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s
Irons:  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark (6 - G) - True Temper Elevate Tour V2 (stiff)
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Raw (54/12) - Nippon Modus 125w
Wedge:  Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putters:  KREW Klassic Blade...Mannkrafted MA/55...Odyssey MXM Versa #9Ht (Custom)...Machine M10 
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9 Stand Bag

[quote name='IheartNY' timestamp='1395455254' post='8922693']
What d[size=4]oes Rickie Fowler have dialed in for his adjustable driver head?
[/quote]
[color=#000000]Rickie is dialed in with a loft of 9.25 degrees, MRC Whiteboard 73X tipped 1", 44.5" total length, Tour Velvet BCT Full Cord Rnd, D3 Swingweight and he is very pleased with his new driver and hitting it really Loooooooooong!! - Jose Miraflor[/color][/size]

[size=4][quote name='EMgolf' timestamp='1395450566' post='8922139']
First of all, I'd like to thank Cobra and GolfWRX for doing something like this!

To Cobra: I have a lot of respect for what your company has done for golf over the last few years. Grabbing Rickie and going with the bright colors and different designs has really made golf cool again for a younger generation. This is so very important for the long-term life of sport. Cobra deserves more respect from the golf community than they probably get. When you watch golf you see so many little kids dressed in Puma gear for Rickie(Not to mention the little kid dressed head to toe following him around the other weekend!). For this reason and the fact that you guys make a great product is why almost all of my bag is filled with Cobra clubs and I love wearing a Puma hat to the course!

Now, onto the questions...

1) Have you guys thought about getting into the high-end graphite iron shaft as up-charge options?

Some of the other major OEM companies offer Recoils or Steelfiber or the rare RIP Tour shaft options now as up-charge shafts. I wanted Aldila RIP Tours for my Amp Cell irons and had to go through Aldila after the fact to get them. Just wondering if this is something you're working on for the future as it seems like they're getting more and more popular.

2) Do you guys ever toy around with offering something like Callaway does with uDesign where people can design their own driver colors?

Seems like some people's apprehension with Cobra is the bright colors or odd designs. A program like this could solve that for some.

Lastly...

3) Any plans to update the Venom Vault anytime soon?

Trying really hard not to pull the trigger on the Masters Bio Cell... But green is my alma mater's color...
[/quote]
1. [color=#000000]As we continue to hear about the demand for higher end graphite custom shafts, we talk about it more and more. What shafts do you have interest in or know are excellent performers? [/color]
[color=#000000]2. C[/color][color=#000000]heck out cobragolf.com in late April and be ready for our definition of "Cool Stuff That Works". [/color]
[color=#000000]3. Absolutely. Be sure to check the Venom Vault daily, because they go quick. [/color]
[color=#000000]-Jose Miraflor[/color][/size]

[size=4][quote name='kobes31' timestamp='1395456686' post='8922895']
Does Cobra have any plans to produce or release a deep face fairway or mini driver that seems to be trending currently?
[/quote]
[color=#000000]We launched Long Tom 2 wood in 2011 as an early concept test but it was not a market success. We are always looking at new concepts to make better products but it would be improper to comment at this time on upcoming launches. But really, you need to check out one of the BiO Cell fairways, which recently got 5 stars for performance! If you want a driving 3 wood type club, just set the MyFly sleeve stronger and you will have a real winner off the tee! - Tom Olsavsky[/color][/size]

can the detail be explained on the ricky W heads, also why do away with the hotmelt port on this yrs drivers?

Taylormade stealth 9* / Ventus black 6x
Callaway UW 17* / searching

Callaway UW 21* / searching
PXG Gen 4 P/T 4-PW / Nippon 115x
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 Nippon 115w
Titleist ProV1
Putter of the day

As I started to post a few minutes ago, I was rudely interrupted.....but it's ok, because this is what interrupted me....

photo1_zps958e476b.jpg

Now, I need the Green Dicks Edition to play & keep this Beauty on Display!!!!

Goodness gracious that is a sweet looking driver!

Nike Covert Tour - Tensei CK White 60g

Titleist 915fd - Diamana D+ 70g

Callaway Epic Flash 7w 

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i

Nike VR TW Blades 5-PW, XP95 s300

Vokey Wedge 50, 54

Scotty Special Select NP2

I recently received my order of Bio Cell equipment but I had to get other grips installed since you guys do not offer any Cobra Oversized Grips, any chance you might offer those in the future?

[color=#ff8c00]Cobra BIO Cell+ 9.5* Driver Diamana D+ 72X
Cobra BIO Cell+ 3/5 Wood Diamana D+ 72X[/color]
Cobra Fly-Z Forged 4-PW KBS Tour X
Cobra Tour Trusty 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev X
Cobra Cell Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/989801-adambs-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]