Ping rapture driving iron........holy cow

isgerrior

Any idea what other shafts ping will build these with?

Anyone get anything other than the stock shaft?

I havent hit it yet but hit the new 18* dhy and it wasnt too hard to hit and felt pretty good, my bag is mostly ping so definitely gonna hit the di for few next time in the store

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This club is great off the tee and launches the ball out moderate rough. I fired one out of the rough the other day, didn't get more than 8 feet off the ground, but went 220+ and my driver SS is just over 100.

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select

I hit my 20* Adams Super lower than my Rapture DI for some reason. Just hit em both for the first time today. Rapture definitely feels very nice off the tee or ground. Solid club. I'm a mid capper with an average SS.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro w/Kusala blk
Ping Rapture 3w 12.5*
Ping Rapture DI/Adams 9031 23*
Adams CB3 w/DG300's
Vokey Black Satin 54*/58*
Odyssey X-metal #7

Stock Stiff at +1". It feels light, but I got used to it. Our SS are pretty close, I average between 102-106, maybe a little faster on the course as I have a bad habit of trying to kill the ball with a club I have confidence in.

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select

I sent mine back for them to put a C Taper in it stiff flex. I was hitting it on the range the next day in awe of the distance, flight, and roll out. I'm going to be putting a 19* I25 hybrid in my bag in place of my 3 iron just to hit into green from 210 to 230. The DI is exceptional at what it's for, but hard to hold a green with it.

[b]MAIN BAG[/b]
9.6* G Driver -------------------------------------------------------- Fujikura Pro 61 XLR8 Tour
13.6* G Stretch 3 Wood ------------------------------------------ Fujikura Speeder Pro 73 XLR8 Tour
18* 9031 Super Proto Hybrid ----------------------------------- Diamana 82 HY
4 - GW 716 T-MB Irons(4 2* & 5 1* strong) ----------------- KBS Tour V
56 (Bent to 55*) & 60 Mac Daddy PM Grind Wedges----- KBS Tour V Wedge
Ping Cadence Anser 2 Counter Balanced
Bridgestone B330
Leoupol 4Xi

[quote name='fairwaysroverated' timestamp='1399403280' post='9243939']
I sent mine back for them to put a C Taper in it stiff flex. I was hitting it on the range the next day in awe of the distance, flight, and roll out. I'm going to be putting a 19* I25 hybrid in my bag in place of my 3 iron just to hit into green from 210 to 230. The DI is exceptional at what it's for, but hard to hold a green with it.
[/quote]

What differences are you seeing between the stock shaft and the C taper? What didn't you like seeing from it with the stock shaft?

Cobra Bio Cell Pro w/Kusala blk
Ping Rapture 3w 12.5*
Ping Rapture DI/Adams 9031 23*
Adams CB3 w/DG300's
Vokey Black Satin 54*/58*
Odyssey X-metal #7

[quote name='nowski91381' timestamp='1399407307' post='9244505']
[quote name='fairwaysroverated' timestamp='1399403280' post='9243939']
[/quote]

What differences are you seeing between the stock shaft and the C taper? What didn't you like seeing from it with the stock shaft?
[/quote]I'm seeing more carry with less roll, but still rolling out allot a little bit higher flight as well. It's giving me more distance. It's not that anything was wrong with the stock shaft. I already had C Tapers in my irons, so I sent it back just to have the same feel. I was surprised at the difference and being better for me. I thought they would be about the same.

[b]MAIN BAG[/b]
9.6* G Driver -------------------------------------------------------- Fujikura Pro 61 XLR8 Tour
13.6* G Stretch 3 Wood ------------------------------------------ Fujikura Speeder Pro 73 XLR8 Tour
Bridgestone B330
Leoupol 4Xi

For this club does your Ping color code play a factor at all? I have no idea if you can order a yellow dot in the driving iron. I've never hit a driving iron before but this club is really intriguing so pardon my ignorance.

Edit:

So after some use how has the stock shaft been? I play recoil prototype 95 in my irons and my hybrid shafts weigh 92. I'm just really curious about this thing. I don't like hitting a 3 wood but this club sounds perfect for hitting off the tee when theres a really tight fairway.

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

[quote name='rpaige88' timestamp='1399433358' post='9247475']
For this club does your Ping color code play a factor at all? I have no idea if you can order a yellow dot in the driving iron. I've never hit a driving iron before but this club is really intriguing so pardon my ignorance.

Edit:

So after some use how has the stock shaft been? I play recoil prototype 95 in my irons and my hybrid shafts weigh 92. I'm just really curious about this thing. I don't like hitting a 3 wood but this club sounds perfect for hitting off the tee when theres a really tight fairway.
[/quote]Yes, you can order them just like the other Ping irons using the color code.

[b]MAIN BAG[/b]
Bridgestone B330
Leoupol 4Xi

I cant speak too well about how this shaft is vs others. I play block dot on my irons with the factory shafts. I like the graphite shaft that it came with. Rpaige-this may be a great alternative for you.

Callaway Rouge LS

CobraLTDx 3 wood

Ping 425 4 hybrid

Ping iCrossover 18*

Mizuno 923 Forged 5-pw

SM9 50/56/60

Ping Kushin4

has anyone ordered one of these weak, ie 19 degrees ??

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

[quote name='fairwaysroverated' timestamp='1399465277' post='9248741']
[quote name='rpaige88' timestamp='1399433358' post='9247475']

Edit:

[/quote]Yes, you can order them just like the other Ping irons using the color code.
[/quote]

Thanks. Has everyone stuck with the same color code as their irons? I play green dot in my irons. Not sure if I should order the same or go something a bit more flat like yellow or blue.

Mine is the same as my irons.

[b]MAIN BAG[/b]
Bridgestone B330
Leoupol 4Xi

[quote name='rpaige88' timestamp='1399488996' post='9251499']
Thanks. Has everyone stuck with the same color code as their irons? I play green dot in my irons. Not sure if I should order the same or go something a bit more flat like yellow or blue.
[/quote]

Yes, I hit off a lie board for both and I'm a black dot. Same. It is an iron after all. Just really long and awesome.

I can't wait to get out of work here and go bang some knockdown shots with it, too much fun.

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-650 8.5[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Fubuki alpha 73s, D4[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB5 16.5[/font]° - Kai'li 73s, D5[/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB2 21[/font]° - Fubuki tour 73s, D6
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-32 4-P [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D6 - D9[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-T 51.07[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D9.5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist SM 56.08[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]E0[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sonartec t35 60.09[/font][/size][size=2]° [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]- PX 5.5 E0.5[/size][/font]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CAN'T PUTT WITH ANYTHING[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bridgestone B330 RX[/font][/size]

incase anyone is wondering, if you order them with an iron shaft they build them 1/2" shorter than stock graphite unless you request other wise and they will build them with a pxi iron shaft. got a green dot +3/4"(+1/4" from stock graphite) pxi 6.5 combo on the way eventually, heads are out of stock and estimated wait is 2-4 weeks :(

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb

everyone seems to be comparing it to the driver, but on GC2, it's goes pretty much the same distance w/ my 18 degree RBZ 5 wood (w Diamana S shaft)

my SS is 103-108 and i have no problem launching both the 5 wood or the DI
off the deck, i was surprised to find out that the 5 wood has a better dispersion, like way better!!!
the D.I really ain't that forgiving to me, miss Hit cost 20-30 yard.

However, when i tee it up, the D.I surpass the 5 wood in all catergories

it's a fun club for me, even i dun play it and leave it in the bag, older folks look at me in a weird way.

• 1 month later...

Found one at the local Edwin Watts for $119 with green dot but graphite stiff. I have cfs x in my irons. The rest of my set is +1/2 inch, but I read that this iron is already +1/2.

It felt great, hit it pretty straight on the monitor, didn't have my hybrid or 4i to compare.

Would you give it a go for the bargain price even if the shaft is slightly soft?

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100
Ping i210 4-U DG 120 X100
Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS DG S400
Glide 2.0 Stealth 58* ES DG S400
Ping Anser TR 1966 / Odyssey White Hot #2

Correction, with used club sale, $100. Can't wait to try this out on the course. Still would have liked the x flex but for $100 off, how can you turn it down?

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100
Ping i210 4-U DG 120 X100
Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS DG S400
Glide 2.0 Stealth 58* ES DG S400
Ping Anser TR 1966 / Odyssey White Hot #2

[quote name='prestiege' timestamp='1399194764' post='9228219']
Any idea what other shafts ping will build these with?

Anyone get anything other than the stock shaft?

I havent hit it yet but hit the new 18* dhy and it wasnt too hard to hit and felt pretty good, my bag is mostly ping so definitely gonna hit the di for few next time in the store
[/quote]

I did order it with the dg s300 shaft, it took about 2 weeks to get it. On pings website there is a sheet with customizing options.

[quote name='tekin112000' timestamp='1399210853' post='9228753']
Is this club strictly for low handicaps with swing speed over 100?

I am a high handi not sure what swing speed is, likely less than 100.

Would this club help me, say on a windy day off the tee or on a narrow hole.

Should I just stick to G25 hybrid
[/quote]

I think you could still benefit from the club and it will just encourage you to work more towards being a better ball striker

Ordered in April and still hasn't arrived?

What shaft/flex did you order? I ordered mine with the stock shaft in X-flex in Mid-late May, and it arrived (ahead of their scheduled delivery date) in mid-June. If you ordered the stock shaft in X, then something ain't right. If not, then I guess there's a problem with the shaft availability. (Not that that would make anyone feel any better . . . just trying to help diagnose the source of the problem/delay.)

[quote name='CJ90' timestamp='1404500344' post='9637847']
Ordered in April and still hasn't arrived?

What shaft/flex did you order? I ordered mine with the stock shaft in X-flex in Mid-late May, and it arrived (ahead of their scheduled delivery date) in mid-June. If you ordered the stock shaft in X, then something ain't right. If not, then I guess there's a problem with the shaft availability. (Not that that would make anyone feel any better . . . just trying to help diagnose the source of the problem/delay.)
[/quote]

Stock Stiff shaft +1 inch. silver dot. Order was in April 24. Mid may they estimated June 15 arrival. Still no luck.

[quote name='KCITY' timestamp='1404495629' post='9637489']
My DI was ordered April 24... Now July 4 and still hasn't shipped.
[/quote]

Yea I ordered mine May 20th and it still hasn't arrived. I called ping last week to check on my order and they still didn't get any new rapture DI heads in stock. Every time I would call they would delay it another two weeks. It's unreal. At first they told me two weeks. I'm just frustrated because they keep on telling me when it will ship and it never does. Just tell me a freaking date and stick to it.

[quote name='KCITY' timestamp='1404495629' post='9637489']
My DI was ordered April 24... Now July 4 and still hasn't shipped.
[/quote]

Same here. Really is freaking ridiculous. Mine was orange dot, stock stiff.

What is the build of the one you ordered?

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0