2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping rapture driving iron........holy cow

isgerrior

Last week someone as Ping told me my DI would ship out the 9th. So I called today to get the tracking number. Supposedly something happen with the shipment and they don't think they'll get any rapture DI heads in the next two weeks. I ordered this thing two months ago now. I am so unbelievably frustrated I may just cancel my order. I can't even trust them saying it will ship in two weeks. Every time I've called Ping they've told me they're expecting the heads to come in this week and it will ship out next week. Pretty PO'd right now. Just tell me the truth Ping.

Has anyone else had luck getting their DI's? The only thing special about my order is that its green dot.

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would totally cancel that. You may get it by 2016 if you're lucky.

How far bent is green dot? If it's only 1 or 2 deg you could get a black dot one and have anybody bend it. (I do have an extra black one...)

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-650 8.5[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Fubuki alpha 73s, D4[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB5 16.5[/font]° - Kai'li 73s, D5[/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB2 21[/font]° - Fubuki tour 73s, D6
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-32 4-P [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D6 - D9[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-T 51.07[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D9.5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist SM 56.08[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]E0[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sonartec t35 60.09[/font][/size][size=2]° [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]- PX 5.5 E0.5[/size][/font]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CAN'T PUTT WITH ANYTHING[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bridgestone B330 RX[/font][/size]

[quote name='JimNewton' timestamp='1405114404' post='9682933']
I would totally cancel that. You may get it by 2016 if you're lucky.

How far bent is green dot? If it's only 1 or 2 deg you could get a black dot one and have anybody bend it. (I do have an extra black one...)
[/quote]

Green dot is 2.25" upright I believe. Part of me wants to cancel it because they've been stringing me along this whole time but on the other hand I do want the club badly. From what they've told me they don't have any Rapture DI heads regardless of color code.

Ping sent me a message today saying my Rapture DI went into production on Friday. Not sure if I believe them or not, but I'm pretty sure they had zero heads in stock for a few months. I use a Silver color code and also +1 inch, so I can't really modify a 2nd hand one myself (worried about bending that much and SW would be off with the extra length). If I knew this would take 80+ days (now day 81) I would have purchased a 2nd hand one from eBay and sent it to Ping to adjust.

I'm in the same boat. I was told it was shipped but UPS still says the tracking number is invalid. Until my DI arrives at my door I'm not believing anything.

Well my Rapture DI finally came today. Turns out they messed up on grip color code and also the lie color code. I know these things can be fixed easily but my order information has been sitting there for over two months. Just wish they would have got it right. Very disappointed with Ping

I just got mine. It is quite a different ball flight then I expected but very similar feelings to others. I like the club a lot but have gone a slightly different route. I cut it down to 39" as my 4 iron is 38.25. This will be almost a 2.5 iron. I found the stock length to be very long and hard to control the flight. I cut it down and now it's just like a 2 iron with a little more forgiveness. While I realiZe this could have been achieved in other ways it fits my gaps and needs perfectly.

[quote name='taylormade4life' timestamp='1405802572' post='9736781']
I just got mine. It is quite a different ball flight then I expected but very similar feelings to others. I like the club a lot but have gone a slightly different route. I cut it down to 39" as my 4 iron is 38.25. This will be almost a 2.5 iron. I found the stock length to be very long and hard to control the flight. I cut it down and now it's just like a 2 iron with a little more forgiveness. While I realiZe this could have been achieved in other ways it fits my gaps and needs perfectly.
[/quote]

I thought the club was a bit long as well. Didn't help that they added .5" to my order. So now it's playing 40.25 which is way too long. When I go to reshaft it I'll probably try it out at around 39". Should be much better

• 3 weeks later...

Hated PRGR.
Hated the Cally DI.
Hated Mizzy Fli-Hi.
Hated Titleist 503H.
Haven't tried Fourteen but heard good things.
Haven't tried Titleist 712 U.
Rapture likes to set up a little closed for me but is really solid off the face and
scoots a good ways, not too low either. Stock shaft was OK but I prefer a shorter
club and shaft that matches my long irons, so having it reshafted with KBS Tour @ 39.5".

• 2 weeks later...

OMG...this club is the BOMB as the kids say. Bought it used a couple hours ago...looked brand new, for $80. They said it was traded in by an "ole timer" 1st thing this morning. I'm mid-50's with a driver SS 88-90. Got my driver out of the car to compare and this stick is only 8-10 total yards less with a baby draw, perfect driver trajectory, low spin and SUPER accurate. Even has the same lie (white dot) as Ping irons I had in the past. Rapture shaft, regular flex. Always struggled with my driver.

So there...this club isn't for only high swing speeds. I'm an 8 index so not for only scratch golfers either. I haven't hit the thing off the deck but will tomorrow. Regardless, it was purchased for distance and accuracy off the tee so anything else is a bonus.

• 6 months later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm curious how many people still have their Rapture DI in the bag? And what are everyone's thoughts now that the "honeymoon period" is over?

Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 10.5* Ventus Blue 6S
Callaway XHP 15* AD DI 7s
Callaway Apex UW 19* AD DI 7S

Ping Icrossover 4 Kai'li White 80s
Ping S55 Nippon Modus 120x
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58*
Byron Morgan DH89

Snell MTB-X or Titleist ProV1

I had one when they first came out and fell in love. Sold it as I was going through some swing changes and really regretted getting rid of it. Bought another one 2 months ago and it will NOT be going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Its just such a versatile club. Hit it off a low tee for mid-high bombs to find fairways, attack par 5s off the fairway with it, punch it under trees, and even bump and run it from different lies around the green. All that and its extremely forgiving and the sound and feel cannot be matched. The Dhy was a one trick pony for me but the Rapture DI is a longer more versatile forgiving hybrid. I absolutely love mine.

Taylormade M2 9.5* @ 7.5* Rogue 110 Silver 60x
Taylormade M2 15* VTS Red 75x
Ping Rapture DI 18* VTS Silver 85x
Ping S55 3-PW PX Flighted 6.0
Ping Glide 52* SS & Glide 58* SS
Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

Mines not going anywhere. Still love it.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5* (C1), GD Tour AD IZ 7tx <br /><br /><br /> Ping G400 14.5, GD Tour AD DI 8tx<br /><br /><br /> Titleist 718 TMB 2-iron, Tour AD DI <br /><br /><br /> Ping S55 4-PW, KBS Ctaper 125 S+<br /><br /><br /> PING Nome TR, 35" slight arc<br /><br /><br /> Ping Glide Stealth 50ss, 54ss, 60es

I'm regretting selling mine a bit now as well. I hit some amazingly great shots with that club. Not sure what happened to me, I lost the ability to pure it and I may have given up on it too early. If I find a deal on a head around May-June I may pick it up and do something with a steel shaft. I should have just kept it, some options in the 18 deg slot would be fun.

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-650 8.5[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Fubuki alpha 73s, D4[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB5 16.5[/font]° - Kai'li 73s, D5[/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB2 21[/font]° - Fubuki tour 73s, D6
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-32 4-P [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D6 - D9[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-T 51.07[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D9.5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist SM 56.08[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]E0[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sonartec t35 60.09[/font][/size][size=2]° [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]- PX 5.5 E0.5[/size][/font]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CAN'T PUTT WITH ANYTHING[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bridgestone B330 RX[/font][/size]

Thanks for the comments guys. I just picked one up, but haven't actually hit it yet. So its nice to see the positive reviews, and that it still has a place in your bags a year later.

Random question, are you guys putting a head cover on it?

Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 10.5* Ventus Blue 6S
Callaway XHP 15* AD DI 7s
Callaway Apex UW 19* AD DI 7S

Ping Icrossover 4 Kai'li White 80s
Ping S55 Nippon Modus 120x
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58*
Byron Morgan DH89

Snell MTB-X or Titleist ProV1

No head cover. I dropped a wedge, a 4 wood, and 20* hybrid and added a 3 wood, Rapture DI, and 3 iron. Back to basics for me and I'm playing better than ever. The DI really is just a lower spinning slightly lower launching G25 hybrid. Fantastic and versatile stick.

Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

I have the VTS Silver 85 hybrid shaft in mine and it's a great combo. That being said I'm a big fan of the Ping Rapture shafts. They feel and perform very well and I don't think I would have switched but wanted to keep the shafts consistent throughout my set.

I'd say that there is no reason to switch unless you want to try something different.

Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

[quote name='Jon H' timestamp='1425224377' post='11053277']
Anyone try an iron or hybrid shaft in this club?
[/quote]

kbs tour 2 iron shaft in mine, gives it some more spin and higher flight so not as much roll out that some people are getting

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb

The DI is incredible off of the fairway. I still get a mid-high flight. Out of light rough it works just fine and I have no complaints. Out of the heavy or thick stuff I have no idea. Hitting fairway woods or long irons out of that stuff is usually more trouble than its worth for me.

Just think of the DI as a longer lower spinning hybrid.

Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

Nice man good to hear. I can't get my hands on one to test. I hit the callaway utility 18 degree yesterday. I was hoping it had more weight. It felt kinda light but it could be because I haven't swung since fall. I liked it but I'm more of a ping guy.
Did u get the x stiff shaft?
I have x100s in all my clubs. How does it compare to those.
Also how does the ping di look at Adress? Is it fat looking?

Thanks guys

[quote name='prestiege' timestamp='1425692852' post='11093959']
[/quote]

kbs tour 2 iron shaft in mine, gives it some more spin and higher flight so not as much roll out that some people are getting
[/quote]

How is the swing weight?

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select

[quote name='JdeepSauce' timestamp='1426440193' post='11147449']
Nice man good to hear. I can't get my hands on one to test. I hit the callaway utility 18 degree yesterday. I was hoping it had more weight. It felt kinda light but it could be because I haven't swung since fall. I liked it but I'm more of a ping guy.
Did u get the x stiff shaft?
I have x100s in all my clubs. How does it compare to those.
Also how does the ping di look at Adress? Is it fat looking?

Thanks guys
[/quote]

I can't help you with x stiff but yes, it is a bit large on the eye. The 712u fits my eye better but didn't realize that at the time. Still love the rapture though and it is my first club off the bench. It is tough to figure where it goes in the bag for gapping purposes., as stated earlier.

TEE EX9 Tour 10 rogue black 60s<br /><br />TEE CB Pro F2 16.5 kuro kage silver Tini 70s<br /><br />TEE CB Pro U 21 kuro kage silver Tini 80s<br /><br />Titleist 712u 4i dg ti s400 amt<br /><br />Titleist 716 AP2 5-9 dg ti s400 amt<br /><br />Titleist vokey 46 and 50 cold forged f grind, 54 k grind, 60 v grind dg ti s400 amt <br /><br /> Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

[quote name='Jon H' timestamp='1426441354' post='11147531']
[quote name='prestiege' timestamp='1425692852' post='11093959']
[/quote]

[/quote]

How is the swing weight?
[/quote]

havent had it checked but i ordered it at d4 and the work tag said d4 when i received it. its paired with a set of s55's that were also ordered at d4 and it feels on par with the s55's weight wise

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb