*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed they did. I'm trying very hard to kick them out of the bag and it just isn't happening. They feel great, perform on demand, don't look too chunky. I'm starting to learn how to flight them down a little better. I just can't deny in any way how good these irons are.

Sent from my iPad using GolfWRX Mobile

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

Made the trip up to Sacramento today to check out the Haggin Oaks facility. Set up a woods fitting with Pat. Great guy, definitely knows his stuff. My only intention was to see if I could improve on my already solid setup. Tried Nike, Callaway, Taylormade, Mizuno along with about 8 different shafts. Pat knew pretty quick what would work for me but we went through the motions of eliminating the possibilities. So far it boiled down to two choices, one of which was the BB Alpha which wasn't too much of a shocker since I've been fitted into that head before. The other was my very own Cobra BC Pro. Spin numbers were still coming in high and launch was way too high which is what I've battled the last 4 years or so. Wasn't the arrow...

Before I go into what Pat did next, let me first say that this guy is a swing coach first and a fitter second. He's got two Long Drive Champions under his tutelage, one being none other than Ryan Winthers!!!

So Pat had the bright idea of video taping my swing. Right away he saw what was going on. I've been flipping my driver all these years! He made one small change. Ball speed was a little up and much more consistent, distance went up by 30 yards!!! And my dispersion was much tighter. We went through a couple of the driver/ shafts combos again after the swing adjustment. This time there was only one clear winner. Long Story short, the only money I spent today was on the fitting. The Cobra BioCell Pro with Speeder Tour Spec 7.2 X will be staying in the bag!

Had a look at the BC Plus fairway and Hybrid. After the swing adjustment everything is dead solid.

Little more about Pat... He doesn't have what one might call an Athletic build. In fact he has the kind of build you might associate with Homer Simpson, however; Pat would embarrass most of us on GolfWRX when it comes to driver distance. This guy can really move a golf ball. He was in long drive at some point as well and although not as long as he once was, can still Carry the golf ball 340 yards once warmed up on a fairly calm day. Totally nuts watching someone that looks like that hit the ball that far. I was blown away. Needless to say Ill be seeing him again for more swing tips :)

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

thats a deadly story man
awesome your existing combo works, but crappy cause now no new toys! LOLOL!
i kid kid .... ;)

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1408488432' post='9968411']
thats a deadly story man
awesome your existing combo works, but crappy cause now no new toys! LOLOL!
i kid kid .... ;)
[/quote]

I know! I told Pat that I was expecting to leave with a lot less money in my pocket. Kind of like the Gordon Ramsay AT&T commercial. I didn't know what to do after getting everything that I wanted lol.

For reference:

http://youtu.be/v3aJgJ30WCo

How much is your Speeder TS tipped in your driver?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1408919917' post='9999385']How much is your Speeder TS tipped in your driver?[/quote] standard install. No tipping

• 6 months later...

Putting a new bag into play this week. Not fully decided on the RSI TP irons yet but so far they are almost on par with my 714 AP2's. Only have 1.5 rounds on them thus far. Playing another 18 tomorrow. The R15's are atleast as good as the BCP I. Terms of distance. I seem to be able to control the R15 much better. I can trust the results even when I go after one. The biggest surprise are the Edel Wedges. Holy high bounce options! I went with the Driver grind soft stepped twice. I've never had this kind of consistent control over the spin on my wedges. More updates later. Here are a few pics.

image.jpg

image hosting free

image.jpg

image post

image.jpg

image upload free

image.jpg

pic upload

Can't tell from the picture but looks like a 430 with 757 EVO? Funny, the last time I posted in here we both had the BCP, now the R15 430. It's a very easy transition, both great drivers. Loft for loft, how would you compare R15 vs BCP?

What do you think about the R15 3 wood vs the SLDR 3 wood? Also, the irons look great, can't wait to try those out myself.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1426006160' post='11115339']
Can't tell from the picture but looks like a 430 with 757 EVO? Funny, the last time I posted in here we both had the BCP, now the R15 430. It's a very easy transition, both great drivers. Loft for loft, how would you compare R15 vs BCP?

What do you think about the R15 3 wood vs the SLDR 3 wood? Also, the irons look great, can't wait to try those out myself.
[/quote]

Very easy transition into the Evo 757 R15. The shaft is very smooth compared to the 7.2 TS and the dispersion for me is even tighter. I would say the Evo is smother than the 7.2 TS by as much as the 7.2 TS was smoother that the Diamond White board. I was very skeptical trying it out as I've been using the 7.2 TS for so long but it has been a great change. Spin seems to be about the same but the head feels much more stable through impact. I have the weights at the bottom partially split from the center setting. Seems to give me the best results but I'll play around with it more when I get some range time but a great feeling forgiving head for only being 430cc's.

The R15 3 wood feels super solid. Sits flatter than a lot of 3 woods which I like. Easy to hit it off the deck and about 5-8 yards more carry than my Bio Cell +.

The R15 hybrid feels and looks almost exactly like my old Adams Pro Hybrid head. I loved that club when it was in the bag but was very unforgiving on misfits. I haven't needed to use my R15 hybrid more than once so far so the jury is still out on it.

Give the 757 Evo a twirl. Very solid shaft.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1443273846' post='12370146']
Time to rejuvenate this thread, you loyal to the TP's?
[/quote]

TP's are staying in the bag but definitely some changes top part of the bag. Some teaser pics :

[attachment=2978396:image.jpg]

[attachment=2978398:image.jpg]

[attachment=2978400:image.jpg]

[attachment=2978402:image.jpg]

[attachment=2978404:image.jpg]

[attachment=2978406:image.jpg]

Front page bag update upcoming