Adams Tweets Ernie's Bag W/ Proto Wedges?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large "A" just clutters up look. Is Max Pugielli no longer with Adams?

Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Tour Edge Exotics cbx 16.5* Aldila RIP beta 80s 

Titleist 818h1 19* (a2 surefit) Fujikura Motore TS hb 8.8
Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
Vokey sm8 raw S 54* s400
Vokey sm8 raw M 60* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

When you put in tech, I guess there is no real way to hide it all. Although something like a Rocketbladez/Speedbladez isn't all that terrible looking but they aren't as techy as the Adams.

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour

1. Ernie's XTD irons are a 1 of 1 set milled just for him. when you look down at them they actually look pretty damn pure. I'm not even sure there is a backup set that exist knowing how much it cost to mill them.

2. Same for the wedges. 1 of 1 set wedges built just for EE but the sole and head shape was darn near perfect. I'd like to speculate that they could come to market. but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='iamthebeard' timestamp='1401460481' post='9396049']
1. Ernie's XTD irons are a 1 of 1 set milled just for him. when you look down at them they actually look pretty damn pure. I'm not even sure there is a backup set that exist knowing how much it cost to mill them.
[/quote]

So how much did they cost to mill?

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 72x
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 58.03 - DG Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1401452945' post='9395275']
[quote name='Naughty Mazz' timestamp='1401451789' post='9395149']
Those irons are hideous.
[/quote]

So are the new wedges. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to make a decent looking iron.
[/quote]

Agreed. They did have a good thing going, especially for mid hcps with the A4 Tour idea forged, A12 Pro, and even the CB line was pretty clean looking.

CMB and even the XTD pro are decent looking but aimed at the lower hcp range.

I still lurk in the BST for my old set of [b][i]satin[/i][/b] A4 Tours...damn club churning habit...

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
19* TM SIM Max w/Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex '19 w/KBS Tour
Callaway MD5 54*
Callaway PM Grind '19 58*
Odyssey StrokeLab Ten S (Tour only NO sightline) 33"

Those irons are hideous.
[/quote]

So are the new wedges. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to make a decent looking iron.
[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with those irons ... maybe you're just a little too picky ........ just because it's not a mizuno blade does not mean it's terrible

[quote name='lvmike' timestamp='1401464956' post='9396583']
Those irons are hideous.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. They did have a good thing going, especially for mid hcps with the A4 Tour idea forged, A12 Pro, and even the CB line was pretty clean looking.

CMB and even the XTD pro are decent looking but aimed at the lower hcp range.

I still lurk in the BST for my old set of [b][i]satin[/i][/b] A4 Tours...damn club churning habit...
[/quote]

I agree I still have my Adams A4 forged don't use them much I went to I20 and to me there not beautiful at all but hold up well, I really wish Adams would offer a set like the A4's and I hope its soon, the Xtd forged to much club for me,

I never play Callaway irons but the apex forged are really getting close to be ordered,

I'm a adams guy always will be and hope they keep putting out great stuff,

they also dont have a hybrid like A7 A12 maybe there will be soon

Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic 15
Callaway Steelhead 19
Callaway Steelhead 22
Callaway Apex CF16 5-SW
Callaway MD Forged 58
Rife Two Bar Hybrid Blade
Srixon Z Star XV
Ping Pioneer

[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1401465373' post='9396631']
Those irons are hideous.
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with those irons ... maybe you're just a little too picky ........ just because it's not a mizuno blade does not mean it's terrible
[/quote]

Maybe you are a bit oversensitive to differing opinions. You can have yours and I can have mine. Plenty of room for both in this giant internet we have here.

?

?

?

?

Cleveland Rtx4 (Raw) 48, 54, 60/Dynamic Gold TI s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='allsportscoach' timestamp='1401468794' post='9396987']

I agree I still have my Adams A4 forged don't use them much I went to I20 and to me there not beautiful at all but hold up well, I really wish Adams would offer a set like the A4's and I hope its soon, the Xtd forged to much club for me,

I never play Callaway irons but the apex forged are really getting close to be ordered,

I'm a adams guy always will be and hope they keep putting out great stuff,

they also dont have a hybrid like A7 A12 maybe there will be soon
[/quote]

Tried the i20 and the i25s as I used to play the i3+ awhile back. Just didn't do it for me.

Had a chance to have the Apexs in the bag for awhile but, quite honestly, I couldn't justify the $ diff over the 588 TTs I put back in the bag. Luckily, my golf shop offers a trial period. 588 TTs are happily back in the bag, are a little more durable than full forged irons, feel good and have a nice clean look. They're a little chunkier than the A4s for sure, but you may want to check them out. Can't beat the price.

I appreciate that 'second tier' of mfrs behind Cally, Titleist, TM...they make quality stuff at a good price. To wit, I just swapped out my SLDR for a Cobra Bio Cell + after reading all the threads on here. First round is in 45 hours...can't wait.

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
Callaway MD5 54*

I just looked at those XTD irons on Adam's site. WOW They are 2*-3* stronger than mine, longer, plus offset, and ugly. Amazing what a man will do, in hopes, to capitalize on the downward stroke. Ernie has always been one of my favs too. When he went to Titleist 670MBs, I did, and when he went to Callaway and X-Forged, I did. So the cycle ends. :(

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX

[quote name='ckay' timestamp='1401453337' post='9395305']
When you put in tech, I guess there is no real way to hide it all. Although something like a Rocketbladez/Speedbladez isn't all that terrible looking but they aren't as techy as the Adams.
[/quote]

If you are putting yourself out there as a company with technology to offer, it helps if it's visible in some way. Rather than take a saleperson's word for it, they can say, for example, 'see this slot here?'. In this case, you can see that piston thingy, and at first people might think it's ugly (just like the slots in the crown of their woods and hybrids) but eventually some will say 'wonder if it works', or even 'for it to be that ugly it better work'.

For some it will allow them to justify the purchase to their buddies, their wife, or even themselves.

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1401469414' post='9397033']
Those irons are hideous.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you are a bit oversensitive to differing opinions. You can have yours and I can have mine. Plenty of room for both in this giant internet we have here.
[/quote]

I own both mp 64 and the new XTD (which are amazing) but I will agree Ernies irons are horrible looking from the back I have heard the top line is that of the retail XTD

Those irons are hideous.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sir, there is a LARGE gap between a mizuno blade and those irons. You are right, just because it's not a mizuno blade does not mean it's terrible, but there are PLENTY of forgiving irons that looks worlds more appealing that those Adams ones.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1401478026' post='9397979']

[/quote]

Sir, there is a LARGE gap between a mizuno blade and those irons. You are right, just because it's not a mizuno blade does not mean it's terrible, but there are PLENTY of forgiving irons that looks worlds more appealing that those Adams ones.
[/quote]

Well said, bph7.

And, just to add my opinion on OldGolfer87's thoughts...no one said they're terrible, just very visually distracting. I think we can all agree confidence is a large part of the game and even if you don't see that cavity at address, you see it sitting in your bag. And if you're consumed by the looks of your clubs...what confidence does that build?

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
Callaway MD5 54*

What is TaylorMade doing to their acquisitions? Yes! putters and Adams clubs are having horrible design years of you ask me. It's like they are trying to stick out and say "We are different, we are ugly." It makes the clubs look cheap too.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 Hybrid 18* (DI-95X)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='iamthebeard' timestamp='1401460481' post='9396049']

2. Same for the wedges. 1 of 1 set wedges built just for EE but the sole and head shape was darn near perfect. I'd like to speculate that they could come to market. but I highly doubt it.
[/quote]

A pro goes through wedges in what, two months? What does he do for his wedges then?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 Hybrid 18* (DI-95X)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1401501442' post='9400141']
What is TaylorMade doing to their acquisitions? Yes! putters and Adams clubs are having horrible design years of you ask me. It's like they are trying to stick out and say "We are different, we are ugly." It makes the clubs look cheap too.
[/quote]

In the Adams chat they specifically said that TM is a separate entity despite being owned by Adidas. They don't control adams nor their products.

How does the cavity appearance really make a difference at address or to the performance?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

I game Adams CB2's. On my second set after my first were stolen. I hit just about everything in the forged CB segment. Nothing was better than the CB2's. They just feel great & are very forgiving. Got fitted for CB3's but they weren't the same so went on the hunt for a another set of CB2's. I always check out Adams new stuff. Looked at the XTD's & although they don't look pretty, they don't look bad at address. Every time I demo irons, I always feel that I can't beat the CB2's.

[quote name='rbhan12' timestamp='1401575780' post='9404061']
[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1401501442' post='9400141']
[/quote]

In the Adams chat they specifically said that TM is a separate entity despite being owned by Adidas. They don't control adams nor their products.

How does the cavity appearance really make a difference at address or to the performance?
[/quote]

They say that, and it's most likely true in most aspects. But when we say the TMAG adapters in the new Adams offerings, it just makes it hard to believe.