2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

I HATE GOLF GALAXY!!!

BCULAW

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='diehllane' timestamp='1402871802' post='9501733']
[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3Bkal32473%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1402871697' post='9501725']
Well, as long as you buy the shoes from then place you try them on from, the fee would be a moot point....
[/quote]
A lot of people don't. They go into the store to get the fit and then go online to buy them.
[/quote]

Yep. Everyone wants something for free. It blows my mind the folks don't realize they're slowly killing the retail stores they take advantage of in the process.

Side note, I received a triple points coupon a few weeks ago. I looked at it on my phone, then opened it at home on my computer to see if any exclusions. There were none. Went to the store, purchased a fair amount of clothing and balls, then tried to bring up the coupon on my phone to give them the bar code. Internet was slow so I refreshed. Well, when it finally did, website said it could only be opened 3 times and I exceeded my limit. Awesome. I said something, but they replied there was nothing they could do since there was no barcode to scan. Frustrating.

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1402850460' post='9499885']
I went in to *try* to buy some shoes the other day. One guy was working in the general area of the shoes and helping another guy. He never came back to help me. I tried on about 12 pairs of shoes, no one ever asked to help me. Not once. I left the boxes on the floor for them. They can put them away for me at least. Geesh.
[/quote]

After I try on a pair of shoes, I personally box them back up and put them back where it came from no matter how many I took. Courtesy goes a long way even if you are not on the receiving end. I can only imagine what your room looks like when you try on clothes that did not look right for that day. Oh wait, maybe your mother folds them and puts them back in the drawer nicely...

Just saying.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

Don't most of those stores have all their shoe inventory out and available? At least that's what I heard one of the guys at Golfsmith in Denver tell a customer. So if your size isn't there, there probably don't have it. I assume that's what he was going to ask.

I always put ALL the shoes I try on back (correctly in the box and back on the shelf). Quite frankly, I can't imagine anyone not doing so. To me, that says a lot about a person who doesn't.

[quote name='pkwilli1999' timestamp='1402862773' post='9500859']
I bought a putter at GG once.

When I walked in there was a sign by the door that said "50% off of all red tags"

I walk to the putters and find a few I liked

I ended up finding a Rife 460 Tour Blade with a red tag for $39.97. That means $20. I ended up buying a Winn AVS jumbo grip to put on it.

Me and my mom go to pay and the guy at the register says it only applies to clothing.

Luckily my mom has worked retail for a while so she knew the ropes.

She said since there were no stated exclusions I should pay half of that.

He agreed and as we're about to finish the manager walks up and flips out.

My mom had a discussion with him and I got the price I wanted.

They didn't charge to install the grip. I think they wanted us out of the store.

I haven't been back since because Golfsmith is so much better and I'm not sure we're welcome there :)

PK
[/quote]Mothers are a Son's best friend!

No one on the face of this earth will have a Boy's/Man's back like his mother!!

I'm on my way home Patrick, and I'll get you the routine probably tomorrow afternoon/evening :)

Have a great summer Bud!!

All The Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

My story is almost as funny. I walked into Golf Galaxy in Roseville, CA during the Memorial Day sale and wanted to purchase some Baffler XL Irons. They had a coupon for $100 off any purchase of $500 or more and $50 off a purchase of $250. The girl who helped me with the fitting (forgot her name but she was about to move to continue her schooling) was GREAT! She was attentive and patient as we went through the process. Anyway, after the fitting we decided I needed +1/2 added to the length. She called over the manager to ask him how to enter the order into the system and apply the current coupon. The manager immediately seemed frustrated and cranky and did not seem like he wanted to help her/me out. Finally he entered it in correctly and said he had to do a managers override to get the coupon to apply. The coupon he applied was the $50 off because it was $499 and not $500, but as he applied it he said to me "Because you're spending over $250 Ive applied the $50 coupon for you". I said to him, I'd like to add something to my order to take the value over $499 so that I can receive the $100 off and I grabbed a bottle of water. The manager immediately puffed out his chest and said "Sorry, I can't add a store item to a custom order purchase!" So I asked him if he could raise the price by .01 and he said "Not a chance" and proceeded to walk away.

I spoke some more to the young lady who helped me and we came up with the idea of just upgrading the grips on one of the clubs or changing the shaft on the wedge. So she called the manager back up and explained to him what the plan was. He walked over to a computer and made a few clicks before turning to us and saying 'Sorry you cant just upgrade a single club, it must be all of them or nothing at all". The girl spoke up and said that she didnt believe that was true as she had just upgraded a single club for another customer the day before. This apparently didnt sit well with the manager so he turns to her and says "Ok, fine YOU put this order together, he isnt the only customer in this ???? sqft store and I need to go see if anyone else needs help!".

So I walked out without spending a dime and with both the young lady and the cashier up front apologizing profusely for the managers behavior. I havent walked back into a GG yet.

Not that anyone gives a damn, but this is my opinion on this. I have worked in retail part time for close to the past 5 years, and the store I work at is VERY leinant to giving into customers.

OP, let me start off by saying that your situation is absolutely bologna and Golf Galaxy should have honored the coupons no doubt in my mind. Honestly going to the store 3-5 is definitely not the problem , as long as you are nice to the employees they will welcome you even if you don't buy a thing.

As another poster has mentioned about having a clearance sticker on an item that is not clearance, the retailer does NOT have to give you that price. The only time a retailer is fully obligated to give you the price is if the sign clearly states that "so and so product is this is price". When there is a clearance sticker on the item that is not supposed to be there we 99% of the time we do not honor that price because we have absolutely no control over customers switching tags.

Not even gonna comment on leaving the 12 pair of shoes on the ground as someone else stated, that is the stuff that puts me through the roof.

The reason why Big Box retail stores suck is because no one gives a crud about the customer anymore and I'll be the first to admit it. I get paid $8.03 and hour and I get treated like $hit by most of the customers because they still have the mentality "the customer is always right". It's hard to stay motivated with those two factors.

Sorry to rant but until you have experienced working in retail you have no appreciation for what the workers have to put up with.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

The $10 rewards coupons are supposed to be like a gift certificate, meaning that apply to any products or on top of any coupons. Sometimes coupons exclude certain brands or the newest models. For example, Titleist is always excluded from sales and coupons...so is PING and usually Mizuno.

But the M1 should apply, because it's not a recent release. I bet if you called the online system with those coupons and tried to order they'd apply them all.

Did you talk to a manager? I might have missed it if you did. Nothing you said there sounded like it should have been the case.

Also...if it's the father's day thing, then it clearly states on the 25% off that it CANNOT be combined with other offers and coupons. I've never seen a coupon at GG that says it CAN be combined. It just doesn't exclude. Unless they changed the coupons since I stopped working there a few months back.

The website clearly says take 25% off the shoes online. I'm thinking the person who you talked to just didn't know what they were talking about.

Why give the OP grief about walking around the store several times a week? [b]That is the singular advantage Golf Galaxy has[/b], the ability to walk around and look at the actual items. As a lefty with only a GG in my area, I buy exclusively online out of necessity, but even without that limitation what incentive do I have to go buy something at the store? Say there are two clubs I want to try. I can literally buy both online, try them out, then on my way off the range throw one into the trash and still come out ahead. (Note: I would never actually do this.)

I can understand some frustration on the part of the retailer when they're being undercut online, but this is not 1996. Everyone has seen the internet. Give me something that I can't get just by sitting at home and clicking my mouse around. Instant gratification is worth something, it just isn't worth what they're asking. My background is in data analytics, and I can promise you that with proper data management, these stores could make enough extra money to cover their increased margins while still offering clubs at competitive prices. Instead they're stuck in the old mindset of using smoke and mirrors to get people in the door; that isn't good enough in 2014 to push product.

(As a side note for anyone familiar with retail sales in general, the recent utter failure of JCPenney's pricing shift is one of the things holding these companies back from embracing the future. IMO clothing is not comparable enough to golf equipment to make that lesson applicable here.)

And finally, my rule of thumb is that if you're going to do something that takes up an employee's time, at least go in with the [b]intention[/b] of possibly buying. Does that seem reasonable enough?

[quote name='Startzel' timestamp='1402919031' post='9505137']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1402883789' post='9503371']
It wasn't THEIR fault that I wasn't making the big bucks.
[/quote]

I find it hard to believe the management wasn't the one determining your wage.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure when he used the word "THEIR" he was referring to the customers.

X________________________________ Sign Here

[quote name='diehllane' timestamp='1402883444' post='9503337']
The 25% coupon, they should have honored, as long as the coupon didn't say it wouldn't work with other promotions/discounts. I know the 25% sale said it would stack, but did the coupon?
The $10 off $50 purchase, no. Select shoes from that manufacturer were listed as exclusions. Totally understandable.
[/quote]

I do not disagree with you at all.

For clarification, the 25% coupon EXPRESSLY stated in the fine print that it could be combined with other offers/discounts/coupons.

As for the $10 off $50 coupon, I wasn't trying to apply it to the purchase. The shoes I was trying to buy were clearly excluded in the fine print. I just found it somewhat laughable because the limitations were so significant, they excluded almost the entirety of the store's inventory.

[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1402893035' post='9504333']
The $10 rewards coupons are supposed to be like a gift certificate, meaning that apply to any products or on top of any coupons. Sometimes coupons exclude certain brands or the newest models. For example, Titleist is always excluded from sales and coupons...so is PING and usually Mizuno.

But the M1 should apply, because it's not a recent release. I bet if you called the online system with those coupons and tried to order they'd apply them all.

Did you talk to a manager? I might have missed it if you did. Nothing you said there sounded like it should have been the case.

Also...if it's the father's day thing, then it clearly states on the 25% off that it CANNOT be combined with other offers and coupons. I've never seen a coupon at GG that says it CAN be combined. It just doesn't exclude. Unless they changed the coupons since I stopped working there a few months back.

The website clearly says take 25% off the shoes online. I'm thinking the person who you talked to just didn't know what they were talking about.
[/quote]

Understand completely, and don't disagree.

In this case, the $10 off coupon clearly could not be applied to the purchase since it excluded use for purchase of, among A LOT of other items, any adidas products. Understood that from the start and did not try to apply it. I just thought it was funny that the exclusion was SO comprehensive. Basically, the $10 could not be applied to the purchase of any product manufactured by a major, mid, or minor OEM, shafts, grips, or repairs, or electronics. Not much left after that.

As for the 25% off coupon, it CLEARLY and EXPRESSLY stated that it COULD be combined with other discounts or coupons. I am an attorney for heaven's sakes! I write the fine print!!! Ha Ha Ha!!! And, the picture on the coupon was of the VERY shoe I was trying to purchase. yet, I could not apply it to the purchase for unknown reasons. I tried repeatedly.

Bottom line is that I thought it was absurd that the company sent me a $10 off coupon that could be applied to almost none of the store's inventory, and sent me a 25% off coupon for a shoe purchase, that expressly could be combined with other discounts, but that for soime unknown reason could not be applied to purchase the exact shoes depicted on the coupon.

Call me crazy, but I think this is pretty absurd.

As for speaking to the manager, this was an online transaction. I would assume that the local manager would have made it right, but I have been treated with beligerence and hostility in the past on similar issues, so I don't know that to be the case. If I am being honest, knowing the staff and employees as I do, it probably would have depended upon which manager I got in front of. I am VERY confident some would, and less than confident in others. In any event, the store is a 30 minute drive from my ghome, each way, and I wasn't going to leave my family for that long on Father's day and during the US Open given the uncertainty of the transaction.

[quote name='Startzel' timestamp='1402919031' post='9505137']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1402883789' post='9503371']
It wasn't THEIR fault that I wasn't making the big bucks.
[/quote]

I find it hard to believe the management wasn't the one determining your wage.
[/quote]

Stalker'esque behavior by you.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='BCULAW' timestamp='1402925785' post='9505733']

[/quote]

In this case, the $10 off coupon clearly could not be applied to the purchase since it excluded use for purchase of, among A LOT of other items, any adidas products. Understood that from the start and did not try to apply it. I just thought it was funny that the exclusion was SO comprehensive. Basically, the $10 could not be applied to the purchase of any product manufactured by a major, mid, or minor OEM, shafts, grips, or repairs, or electronics. Not much left after that.

As for the 25% off coupon, it CLEARLY and EXPRESSLY stated that it COULD be combined with other discounts or coupons. I am an attorney for heaven's sakes! I write the fine print!!! Ha Ha Ha!!! And, the picture on the coupon was of the VERY shoe I was trying to purchase. yet, I could not apply it to the purchase for unknown reasons. I tried repeatedly.

Bottom line is that I thought it was absurd that the company sent me a $10 off coupon that could be applied to almost none of the store's inventory, and sent me a 25% off coupon for a shoe purchase, that expressly could be combined with other discounts, but that for soime unknown reason could not be applied to purchase the exact shoes depicted on the coupon.

As for speaking to the manager, this was an online transaction. I would assume that the local manager would have made it right, but I have been treated with beligerence and hostility in the past on similar issues, so I don't know that to be the case. If I am being honest, knowing the staff and employees as I do, it probably would have depended upon which manager I got in front of. I am VERY confident some would, and less than confident in others. In any event, the store is a 30 minute drive from my ghome, each way, and I wasn't going to leave my family for that long on Father's day and during the US Open given the uncertainty of the transaction.
[/quote]

Okay, but what I don't understand is that online the transaction worked when I added it to my cart. I added it again this morning and it's still working.

Do you have a picture of the coupon you could upload an image of? I'm not saying I don't believe you...but it would be really interesting if I could read the fine print. Like I said, I've never seen a coupon there that says it CAN be combined. I included a screenshot of a typical coupon also.

Your first post says you have a $10 off coupon...I thought that was one of the rewards certificates. It was $10 off of $50? I wasn't aware it was that one...so that is my mistake.

I was under the impression you had gone in to a store and they refused the coupons.

Next time maybe give them a call to get the discount? As someone who worked in ecommerce, I can tell you that sometimes with conditionals like promotions, there can be bugs that don't allow the discounts to apply, etc. Always best to call when there is a potential problem.

The 25% off deal is apparently still going on. Here's a screenshot of the product in the cart with the discount (25%) applied. Seems to be working fine?

[attachment=2278419:Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.01.01 AM.jpg]

Here's the coupon that is online. I'd be really interested to see which one you have, like I said. Can you upload a picture of the fine print?

[attachment=2278423:Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.07.58 AM.jpg]

[quote name='Cobra Kai' timestamp='1402927949' post='9506017']
If it cant be combined then it shouldn't say take an [b]EXTRA [/b]25% off.
[/quote]

Think of it like this.

MSRP on an item is $299. I discount all of my products to $250. I advertise it at a savings of almost $50. Then I let you use a coupon. There's your "extra."

This specifically means you can't use two coupons, which isn't anything out of the ordinary. It's working on the assumption that you're "already" saving because I'm selling below MSRP.

I won't disagree that it can be deceiving...but this usually happens with irons that are marked down. You go to buy last year's model, which is 500 instead of 799...and you can apply the coupon, hence your extra savings/discount/whatever you want to call it.

For example: $100 off this set of irons, PLUS the 25% off.

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/taylormade-mens-rocketbladez-hybridirons---graphitesteel-3-4h5-pw/fa12tmrcktbldzstl34h5pw/product

[quote name='ryrios' timestamp='1402876755' post='9502417']
Side note, I received a triple points coupon a few weeks ago. I looked at it on my phone, then opened it at home on my computer to see if any exclusions. There were none. Went to the store, purchased a fair amount of clothing and balls, then tried to bring up the coupon on my phone to give them the bar code. Internet was slow so I refreshed. Well, when it finally did, website said it could only be opened 3 times and I exceeded my limit. Awesome. I said something, but they replied there was nothing they could do since there was no barcode to scan. Frustrating.
[/quote]

That's true. You can't add a coupon if you don't know the barcode number or the discount code.

Next time, to save yourself the trouble, take a screenshot with your phone when you open the email. The limit is frustrating. It's supposed to keep you from sending it to tons of people and them all using it, but it can definitely be irritating when it locks you out.

complaints like this are silly

nobody's forcing you to shop at a big box......

there is zero chance in hell that GG or any big box is the only place you can buy or look at clubs locally
there are plenty of places called "golf courses" and many of them have something called a "pro-shop" and if you look really carefully to your right or left next time you're paying your green fees, you may see some golf clubs... and this may seem weird, but they are for sale

if you or anyone really "hates" any big box store, just frickin stop going to them 5 days a week on your lunch hour... vote with your wallet
maybe you'll have to pay a couple bucks more, or you won't have as big a selection... but do you want big box or do you want service?

[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1402927127' post='9505925']
[quote name='BCULAW' timestamp='1402925785' post='9505733']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, but what I don't understand is that online the transaction worked when I added it to my cart. I added it again this morning and it's still working.

Do you have a picture of the coupon you could upload an image of? I'm not saying I don't believe you...but it would be really interesting if I could read the fine print. Like I said, I've never seen a coupon there that says it CAN be combined. I included a screenshot of a typical coupon also.

Your first post says you have a $10 off coupon...I thought that was one of the rewards certificates. It was $10 off of $50? I wasn't aware it was that one...so that is my mistake.

I was under the impression you had gone in to a store and they refused the coupons.

Next time maybe give them a call to get the discount? As someone who worked in ecommerce, I can tell you that sometimes with conditionals like promotions, there can be bugs that don't allow the discounts to apply, etc. Always best to call when there is a potential problem.

The 25% off deal is apparently still going on. Here's a screenshot of the product in the cart with the discount (25%) applied. Seems to be working fine?

[attachment=2278419:Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.01.01 AM.jpg]

Here's the coupon that is online. I'd be really interested to see which one you have, like I said. Can you upload a picture of the fine print?

[attachment=2278423:Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.07.58 AM.jpg]
[/quote]

I'm sorry. I don't have the coupon with me. Might be able to dig it out of the trash tonight, but not worth it at this point.

I was able to get the automatic "US Open" 25% off advertised on the website. The coupon I intended to use was for an additional 25% off a purchase of footwear in celebration of Father's Day. It went into effect on 6/2 and expired yesterday. I received it in the mail, along with a number of other paper coupons, including the 10% off $50 discussed previously. It was definitely separate and apart from the advertisement you posted above. It could not be used on anything other than footwear. It specifically could be combined with other discounts, and I quoted the exact "combination" language in my first post.

With that said, what is clear after reading your post and attached screenshot, is that the "US Open" 25% off (the ad you posted) [b][i]cannot[/i][/b] be combined with other offers. So while one could, the other could not. Since the US Open 25% discount was applied to my purchase automatically, I did not bother with the fine print. Since my Father's Day coupon said it could be used with other discounts, I figured that it could.

[b][u]Long story short[/u][/b]: Apparently Golf Galaxy ran a father's Day Special on shoes that could be combined with other offers at the same time it automatically applied a US Open Special on select shoes, irons sets, woods, and golf balls that could not be combined with other offers. The US Open limitation on combination discounts apparently trumps the Father's Day stacking of discounts, so I was not able to apply my coupon code despite the language on the coupon stating that I could. Maybe the fine print should read "can be combined with other discounts that can be combined with other discounts." Ha Ha!

Problem Solved!!!!! The enigma wrapped inside the riddle the solution of which is contingent upon the completion of a color encrypted rubic's cube known as the Golf Galaxy coupon has officially been put to bed.

I doubt this is the first time an attorney has been wrong! Ha Ha!

P.S. I still think Golf Galaxy sucks, and i still think this whole debacle is a good reason why.

While I agree that GG coupons and stuff are pretty laughable with all the exclusions, I have, for the most part, found the employees at my local one to be courteous and reasonably knowledgeable. If I have a coupon that is not working, they will usually explain why. If they can't figure it out, then they give me the discount. If they don't give the discount, I really don't worry about it because I'm buying stuff that I would buy regardless of whether or not I have a coupon.

The latest was that I was $10 short of qualifying merchandise to get the $10 off of $50. (even though my total was in the $70 range, the titleist balls did not count.) The cashier suggested I grab a couple of pairs of sale socks (near the register) because, "Hey, they'd essentially be free and who doesn't need socks?"

Now, if I have club work to be done that I can't do myself, I take that stuff to Golfsmith.

[quote name='harold baines' timestamp='1402929544' post='9506179']
complaints like this are silly

nobody's forcing you to shop at a big box......

there is zero chance in hell that GG or any big box is the only place you can buy or look at clubs locally
there are plenty of places called "golf courses" and many of them have something called a "pro-shop" and if you look really carefully to your right or left next time you're paying your green fees, you may see some golf clubs... and this may seem weird, but they are for sale

if you or anyone really "hates" any big box store, just frickin stop going to them 5 days a week on your lunch hour... vote with your wallet
maybe you'll have to pay a couple bucks more, or you won't have as big a selection... but do you want big box or do you want service?
[/quote]

Wow, Harold. Your post sounds angry! Sorry to pee in your Wheeties.

I don't recall saying, and certainly never said that GG was the only place to buy or look at clubs in town, though for a time it was the only "full-service" shop (repair, clubs, shoes, attirce, etc.) that I was aware of. Golfsmith recently came to town. Different name, similar game. Better corporate policies, IMO.

One thing I will say about Richmond is that the VAST majority of green grass shops are attached to private clubs. I guess another way of saying it is that there are far more private courses than public. I can say without hesitation that I have not seen ANY public courses in town, including the VSGA headquarters (Independence CC in Midlothian), that actually [b][i]stock[/i][/b] equipment. They have accounts, sure, but none has a selection beyond a limited availability of demo clubs/carts. I am not a member at a private facility here in town yet, so I can't speak to them. Maybe someone from here (several have posted) can back me up on this, but looking to my "[b][i]right or left next time you're paying your green fees" [/i][/b]is not going to do me any good if I want to buy clubs.

And frankly, I resent your sarcasm in the manner you alluded otherwise.

But, let's get to the point of my post, which, if I failed to clearly assert, is that [b][i]I just don't believe that Golf Galaxy is a very customer friendly company[/i][/b]. Actually, I think I said exactly that in my first post. I admit I have been spoiled. I HAVE received selection and service in the past. I have received it from green grass and big box alike, though more consistently from the former. I was never exposed to Golf Galaxy until I moved to Richmond, and have been pretty disappointed with both the local store's service and the corporate policies. I would posit that the other local members who have vouched for the local store's shortcomings in this thread have validated my concerns about it. As for the corporation, I think the coupoons I have described herein are laughable. I'm an educated and intelligent man - seriously - and apparently need a flow chart, an abacus and a protractor to understand the fine print limitations, how they will be applied, and which will be deemed controlling in the event of an inconsistency or conflicting language. Read my quoted language as it relates to the "$10 off purchase of $50" coupon, really read the limitations with all the OEMs excluded, and tell me that it isn't funny how comprehensive it is. I mean, seriously. I had a hard time naming an OEM that the coupon could be applied to. What could you use the coupon for? Tees? How many to get to $50? Volvik or Pink Lady golf balls? A couple of brands of bags???? I have no doubt you could find merchandise for which the coupon would apply, but I certainly have a hard time imagining what it would be in my mind's eye.

This is all part of the customer experience, and I think theirs is lacking. As I mentioned in the post above, I figured out the coupon issue (thanks to Ajlepisto's post), and I still do not think my disappoinment is unwarranted.

Let me also clarify, I am not mad. It's just a coupon. I didn't drive to the store and lose time to Father's Day. It would have been an unbelievable good deal. I think I calculated that the shoes would have been roughly $68 (at $129 full retail and depending on how the coupons applied). Maybe too good a deal to expect, but, again, I have been spoiled in the past, and came from a place where deals like this, if not prevalent, were fairly common. I'm still new to the Richmond area. Still new to Golf Galaxy. I'm learning what's what. My "clubhouse crew" golf shop from back in Tampa is no more, and such relationships cannot be built at the local Golf Galaxy. I miss it. Sounds like you have something at least resembling that kind of selection and personal service at your local green grass shops. Good for you. I haven't found that here yet.

But, I am still looking. On my lunch breaks. (though not 3-5 times a week anymore).

[quote name='steviethev' timestamp='1402935516' post='9506859']
While I agree that GG coupons and stuff are pretty laughable with all the exclusions, I have, for the most part, found the employees at my local one to be courteous and reasonably knowledgeable. If I have a coupon that is not working, they will usually explain why. If they can't figure it out, then they give me the discount. If they don't give the discount, I really don't worry about it because I'm buying stuff that I would buy regardless of whether or not I have a coupon.

The latest was that I was $10 short of qualifying merchandise to get the $10 off of $50. (even though my total was in the $70 range, the titleist balls did not count.) The cashier suggested I grab a couple of pairs of sale socks (near the register) because, "Hey, they'd essentially be free and who doesn't need socks?"

Now, if I have club work to be done that I can't do myself, I take that stuff to Golfsmith.
[/quote]

I don't doubt that at all. There are some good guys (and girls) at the local Golf Galaxy here as well. I have a great relationship with the pro. Had a great relationship with the former store manager, and am friendly with a lot of the staff. Others are not so friendly. The local store has shortcomings, as I have pointed out and others have confirmed. But, I think a significant sourse of those shortcomings originates from corporate policy, and some of the beligerence I, and others, have been subjected to is because of the staff's enforcement of those policies. I have no doubt there are some very good Golf Galaxy stores. Sounds like yours is one of them.

Guys I'm sorry but a lot of the posts in this tread make me want to throw up....

OP I don't disagree with you that you should have gotten 25% off the shoes. Anytime you get in a situation like this you need to keep your cool. Politely pull out your phone, go on the website and put the shoes in your cart on their website. Put in the code, show them that it works and ask politely if there is a reason why you can do it on their website but not in the stores. Maybe there's a legit reason. Say ok, go order them online and have them shipped for free to your house. Manufacters do make funny rules sometimes, it happens. Trust me, it's just as frustrating to the people working in the store as it is for the customers.

As for people complaining about coupons and things like that and then seeing a full list of exclusions. We are in a world right now where people don't buy things unless they think its on sale. After the sale it could literally be the same exact price as that store would sell it every day but hey they got a sale. It's been this way for a good 4 years now. Companies and stores know this. We are all trying to dig our selves and our stores out of this hole the economy and our ignorant attitudes have put us is in.

Guys these companies and stores need you. They need your business. If you have a problem with something, talk to someone. If you get so mad that you start spewing crap from your mouth you are going to get no help. If you keep your cool and try to see what can be done, they will most likely take care of you. Remember they need your business to open the doors, turn the lights on, pay their employees, pay the rent, buy inventory, etc. What they don't need is you making a scene at the front door over a couple bucks. But hey, if you want to act like a donkey in public, go for it.

I work in retail, non golf related. I am a business owner. I will bend over backwards to help a customer that understands these kind of things. I will also tell someone politely that I think it's time for them to go home and call me in a few days when they have calmed down.

I say this all the time guys.... the world would be a lot better place if everyone worked in retail for a year of their lives. Some of the stuff people say in my stores will really make you shake your head. Just makes you question how we let our world get to this point where everyone feels like they are owed something.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]