2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

I HATE GOLF GALAXY!!!

BCULAW

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' timestamp='1402923443' post='9505455']
[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3BStartzel%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1402919031' post='9505137']
[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3BSean2%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1402883789' post='9503371']
It wasn't THEIR fault that I wasn't making the big bucks.
[/quote]

I find it hard to believe the management wasn't the one determining your wage.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure when he used the word "THEIR" he was referring to the customers.
[/quote]

You may be right. If so, my apologies to Sean for thinking he was speaking of the company.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='harold baines' timestamp='1402937970' post='9507093']
I hate GG so much that I spend hours trying to figure out their coupons just so I can spend money there

if you really dislike their service, stop going and spending money there
[/quote]

Your point that I should simply shut my wallet and move on is well-taken, but a big part of why I think Golf Galaxy sucks happened approximately 24 hours ago. I didn't buy the shoes, or anything else, and I haven't visited the site or the store since. Not sure what course of conduct I pursued that has pissed you off so much.

I am Brian, BTW. I assume you are not the Harold Baines of the Chicago White Sox vintage. If you are, that's really cool (seriously - I used to watch tapes of you hitting). I am a former pro baseball player myself (Parts of 3 seasons in the Angel's Minor League System). If you aren't THAT Harold Baines, it is nice to converse with you, nonetheless, (especially if you are a fan of his), and I am genuinely sorry that I seem to have raised your blood pressure and incited you to sarcasm. Not sure we are on the same page.

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1402938173' post='9507125']I say this all the time guys.... the world would be a lot better place if everyone worked in retail for a year of their lives. Some of the stuff people say in my stores will really make you shake your head. Just makes you question how we let our world get to this point where everyone feels like they are owed something.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't think most people realize they are wanting something for nothing. It appears they have the attitude that because they may be a customer they deserve whatever they would like.

Go check out the new Golfsmith on Broad Street.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Startzel' timestamp='1402940071' post='9507367']
[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1402938173' post='9507125']I say this all the time guys.... the world would be a lot better place if everyone worked in retail for a year of their lives. Some of the stuff people say in my stores will really make you shake your head. Just makes you question how we let our world get to this point where everyone feels like they are owed something.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't think most people realize they are wanting something for nothing. It appears they have the attitude that because they may be a customer they deserve whatever they would like.
[/quote]

Correct because growing up their parents taught them the customer is always right. As a retailer you do try to make that work. It just so happens there are also times where the customer is completely wrong and sometimes just utterly out of line.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1402938173' post='9507125']
Guys I'm sorry but a lot of the posts in this tread make me want to throw up....

OP I don't disagree with you that you should have gotten 25% off the shoes. Anytime you get in a situation like this you need to keep your cool. Politely pull out your phone, go on the website and put the shoes in your cart on their website. Put in the code, show them that it works and ask politely if there is a reason why you can do it on their website but not in the stores. Maybe there's a legit reason. Say ok, go order them online and have them shipped for free to your house. Manufacters do make funny rules sometimes, it happens. Trust me, it's just as frustrating to the people working in the store as it is for the customers.

As for people complaining about coupons and things like that and then seeing a full list of exclusions. We are in a world right now where people don't buy things unless they think its on sale. After the sale it could literally be the same exact price as that store would sell it every day but hey they got a sale. It's been this way for a good 4 years now. Companies and stores know this. We are all trying to dig our selves and our stores out of this hole the economy and our ignorant attitudes have put us is in.

Guys these companies and stores need you. They need your business. If you have a problem with something, talk to someone. If you get so mad that you start spewing crap from your mouth you are going to get no help. If you keep your cool and try to see what can be done, they will most likely take care of you. Remember they need your business to open the doors, turn the lights on, pay their employees, pay the rent, buy inventory, etc. What they don't need is you making a scene at the front door over a couple bucks. But hey, if you want to act like a donkey in public, go for it.

I work in retail, non golf related. I am a business owner. I will bend over backwards to help a customer that understands these kind of things. I will also tell someone politely that I think it's time for them to go home and call me in a few days when they have calmed down.

I say this all the time guys.... the world would be a lot better place if everyone worked in retail for a year of their lives. Some of the stuff people say in my stores will really make you shake your head. Just makes you question how we let our world get to this point where everyone feels like they are owed something.
[/quote]

Yeah...I think the big issue here (I will admit, I used to work at GG) is that he was trying to buy and combine online. I didn't realize that initially either. I thought it was in the store, in which case, an explanation should and would have been given.

When I worked at GG, I never saw a coupon that said it could be combined with offers, so I am genuinely surprised. They usually have their exclusions. If it's not specifically excluded, we treated it like it applies. They usually ring up automatically, but sometimes there would be an issue.

The thing is...not ALL the time, but MUCH of the time, exclusions are mandatory by the manufacturer. We routinely had people come in and want deals on PING, or Titleist, and even though they were buying a lot of items and we would have liked to give them coupon savings, we literally couldn't. The system doesn't even let you override it, if you wanted to break the rules.

Some customers get it...others blamed it on us.

I'll also throw in my support for everyone working a bit of retail. I think it's pretty rude to leave your boxes on the ground. I know when I worked, the store would get busy and I'd be trying to attend to people in a few different areas. Some customers take up a lot of time, and some you can leave a bit and come back to.

Sure...I've been the stores where customer service was bad, but at our store we took pride in 1, all being friends with each other, so morale and cohesiveness was great, and 2, having knowledgeable people and resources to answer questions.

I realize that big box gets on some people's nerves...but honestly, after working at GG, I didn't experience what people seem to complain about. We treated people fairly, tried our best to help people within the rules and answer questions honestly, even if it means a smaller sale. In essence, we treated people how we wanted to be treated.

But to take pride, almost, in the fact that you left your mess on the floor because someone who isn't making much money has to come clean it up is pretty low. Take the high road, at least. Retails employees are forced to take the high road with individuals like that...sometimes it would be nice to get the benefit of the doubt in return.

I walked into a newly opened Golf Galaxy in Mahwah, NJ. Loved how they have open cages where you can demo any clubs without asking for assistance. I've had great experience at GG so far.

Ping G425 10.5 / Ping G410
Callaway UW 17*
Ping G410 4H
Cobra F7 EL 4i
Ping i200 6-UW / i500 5-PW Power Spec / i210 5-PW
Ping Glide 4.0 54/58
SC Phantom x 9.5 

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1402964231' post='9510035']
So not only are you an attorney....but you were a professional baseball player, and you are throwing a fit over less than $50 bucks ?!
[/quote]

My post, if the point was not clear (which I admit it may have been lost) was about the customer experience and expectations not being met. My "bar" has been established through my prior experience in Florida, so I am admittedly spoiled in that regard since the stores I frequented had excellent customer service, great product, and OUTSTANDING people. My experiences with the local Golf Galaxy have fallen short of that. My experiences with GG corporate, which involved the receipt of what appears to be great "rewards" and discounts that turn out to be severely restricted and nearly impossible to navigate, and, when all is said and done, made me feel duped and/or misled. My expectations for Golf Galaxy were established first through my dealings with other similar companies, and through communications initiated by GG to me, the customer. IMO, the local store falls short of others and the corporate strategies, particularly with respect to their "discounts" are somewhat misleading and akin to a bait and switch type of advertising. (Oh, and guys, I realize that there are plenty of restrictions driven by the OEMs, particularly with respect to Titleist and Ping. I am not blaming GG, or any other retailer for that). I have not worked in retail since the early nineties, but I am close friends with a number of golf store managers (happens when you lunch at their shops as often as I have - heck, they lunched with me), and I understand much about the policies and strategies driving these companies. Again, that is part of why I find Golf Galaxy, SPECIFICALLY, to be lacking. This is not a rant about BIG BOX retailers. I have had great experiences with Edwin Watts and Golfsmith, and fantastic online experiences with TGW. As others have mentioned, the cure for me, is to end the relationship and speak with my wallett. Done and done.

As for the $50. I AM a former professional baseball player. Ruptured a disc in my neck during Spring Training that required 2 surgeries to fuse the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th verterbrae in my cervical spine. Career ended early, and I found law school to be an appropriate "back up plan." Graduated in 2001 and was named one of the top young attorneys in the state 5 years in a row. At age 37, I had my first of four unexplained heart attacks in an eighteen month span that ultimately led to me being restricted to part time work for a year and subsequently unable to work for over a year and a half. I am lucky. Through chance and dumb luck, I am now receovered from my heart issues. Point of the story is that it doesn't matter what you do or how much you make, you are never guaranteed the next paycheck. Damn right $50 is a big deal. Not the point of my post, but not something to be taken for granted.

PM me sometime, BCULAW. Maybe you can come join me at Providence (I work there part-time) for a round of golf.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

that's BS. I don't think the OP is whining about not being able to double up the coupon because it clearly states you CAN. It would be one thing if it said it couldn't and he attacked GG. I think his argument is sound. Also, since the shoe he was looking for was on the coupon, GG should honor it, period. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is 'bait and switch' but it is pretty darn close. Marketing cannot mislead the consumer and that is what it did in this case. They shouldn't just be able to say,"Ooops, sorry, we didn't mean to put that shoe on the coupon.

Fortunately the GG here in Syracuse is quite good with customers. I, too, go there during lunch or after work or just to kill some time because it is a mile from my house. I know the guys in there and we talk and I normally walk about with something. One of the rookies came over and told me that there was a special of an additional 50% off the clearance rack so I bought a UA long sleeve shirt. It was already marked to $34.99 from 54.99 so I figured $17.50 was a steal. When I got to the register it rang up as $34.99 and I made a comment to the manager I know that one of the guys said it was 50% off... he glared at the rookie, said,"Did you tell him that?" Rookie replied, "Yes, because it is still on the white board." He gave me the discount then told me that the deal ended the day before. When I was leaving he came out with me to erase the board.
If anything, that made me more of a loyal customer. I probably would never buy a set of clubs there but I will buy my ancillary gear there. They also have some pretty sweet deals on clothes during the end and beginning of the season.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

So not only are you an attorney....but you were a professional baseball player, and you are throwing a fit over less than $50 bucks ?!
[/quote]

LOL ...... if you think all professional baseball players make the big bucks, trust me you are sadly mistaken.

Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1403012855' post='9513735']
[/quote]

LOL ...... if you think all professional baseball players make the big bucks, trust me you are sadly mistaken.
[/quote]

That's a fact. Unless you have a nice contract in one of the upper minor leagues, you're scraping by. If you're bouncing around between AA and AAA, it would probably be more financially worth it to play in one of the Mexican leagues hoping you can make the jump to Japan for a few years and make the cake that way.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1403016838' post='9514335']
I'm just saying councelor....if you billed that 3-5 hours a week instead or loitering at the golf store. stacking coupons wouldn't even be an issue.
[/quote]

I bill plenty, believe me. Do employees in other professions not take a lunch break?

Oh, and I am not sure if it was intended as a slight or not, but attorneys generally hate being referred to as "counselor" aside from the use of the term as part of expected courtroom formalities. If it was intended as a dig, then well done. I seemed to have aroused several people to take sarcastic cheap shots at me in this post. Not sure why.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I made the BIG bucks! I was an 18th round pick (early middle rounds for those not familiar with the MLB draft). My first professional contract was for $2,500 guaranteed and $850 per MONTH before taxes. I had a host family to save on rent, and lived off PBJs from the clubhouse spread. Oh, and i slept in a luggage rack (seriously) at least 2 nights a week on our 10+ hour nighttime bus rides to and from road trips.

Living like a king!

Later contracts were better, but not by much.

Now, my roommate in instructional league was chosen #3 overall and opened his first checking account with an $823,000.00 deposit - the first of three installments from his signing bonus. I went with him that day to pay cash for a brand new, fully loaded z71 Tahoe. At spring training 5 months later, he had ditched the truck and was driving a 911. You hear about THOSE contracts.

[quote name='Startzel' timestamp='1402859732' post='9500593']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1402850460' post='9499885'] I tried on about 12 pairs of shoes, no one ever asked to help me. Not once. I left the boxes on the floor for them. They can put them away for me at least. Geesh.
[/quote]

And this is why the rest of us receive poor customer service. How can anyone expect a worker to be in a positive mood when someone like mr_divots comes in and completely disrespects the workers.

[b]Then he yells at the cashier about merchandise ordering...[/b]

I can't blame a minimum wage worker for not caring about his or her job with actions like this. I just don't know how mr_divots or anyone else who acts like him could believe his actions were appropriate.
[/quote]
I did no such thing. Yells? I had a pleasant exchange with her, including smiles and I thanked her. (She was a young blonde. Divots aint no dummy.)
Don't let reality stop ya though.

[quote name='squishyy' timestamp='1402876962' post='9502447']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1402850460' post='9499885']
I went in to *try* to buy some shoes the other day. One guy was working in the general area of the shoes and helping another guy. He never came back to help me. I tried on about 12 pairs of shoes, no one ever asked to help me. Not once. I left the boxes on the floor for them. They can put them away for me at least. Geesh.
[/quote]

After I try on a pair of shoes, I personally box them back up and put them back where it came from no matter how many I took. Courtesy goes a long way even if you are not on the receiving end. I can only imagine what your room looks like when you try on clothes that did not look right for that day. Oh wait, maybe your mother folds them and puts them back in the drawer nicely...

Just saying.
[/quote]
To preface the situation fully, I walked into the store with a PAIR OF SOCKS IN MY HAND. When I was greeted by the cashier at the front of the store, I said I was there to try on shoes, smiled, and waved the socks about in the air. Good time for her to say and do something along the lines of, "great, let me get someone to help you." There was really no one in the store. They could have helped me. I was there to spend money, not waste time or go and buy off the internet.
No, these people can do [i]SOMETHING[/i] to earn their paychecks. I have no idea how people have been so well conditinioned to not only EXPECT this in stores now, but to go above and beyond and DEFEND poor service. It's their job to sell you stuff, and to put it away if you don't buy it. That's the job.
It's tantamount to saying thank you to [i]them[/i] after you give them your money. How many people appreciate the job they do have and THANK the customer these days? Not many. "The customer is always right" may have gone a bit overboard in its sentiments, but doing the job of the store clerks in order to not offend them in any way? After they did a poor job? Not happening. You guys are out of your gourds.

[quote name='BCULAW' timestamp='1403017446' post='9514457']
I'm just saying councelor....if you billed that 3-5 hours a week instead or loitering at the golf store. stacking coupons wouldn't even be an issue.
[/quote]

I bill plenty, believe me. Do employees in other professions not take a lunch break?

Oh, and I am not sure if it was intended as a slight or not, but attorneys generally hate being referred to as "counselor" aside from the use of the term as part of expected courtroom formalities. If it was intended as a dig, then well done. I seemed to have aroused several people to take sarcastic cheap shots at me in this post. Not sure why.
[/quote]

Honest question, what about esquire?

People hate on those they think make bank, not sure why. Lawyers have the stigma of being rich, arrogant pr*$cks so you just got lumped in with them. Heck, you might be a general attorney who barely gets by making $60,000/year but it's just assumed you're 'that guy' who's a young partner and makes MILLIONS and is just a complete snob to everyone you meet.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='BCULAW' timestamp='1403017924' post='9514545']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I made the BIG bucks! I was an 18th round pick (early middle rounds for those not familiar with the MLB draft). My first professional contract was for $2,500 guaranteed and $850 per MONTH before taxes. I had a host family to save on rent, and lived off PBJs from the clubhouse spread. Oh, and i slept in a luggage rack (seriously) at least 2 nights a week on our 10+ hour nighttime bus rides to and from road trips.

Living like a king!

Later contracts were better, but not by much.

Now, my roommate in instructional league was chosen #3 overall and opened his first checking account with an $823,000.00 deposit - the first of three installments from his signing bonus. I went with him that day to pay cash for a brand new, fully loaded z71 Tahoe. At spring training 5 months later, he had ditched the truck and was driving a 911. You hear about THOSE contracts.
[/quote]

I made more money handing out cans of copenhagen in the offseason working for US Smokeless Tobacco then I did in my 2 years of pro ball. People don't realize that unless you are a bonus baby the money does not roll in. You live off what your clubbie gets you to eat. You "work" 10-12 hours a day in generally brutally hot conditions and sometimes you are using facilities that make some D2 and D3 schools look like Major League stadiums.

And if you are a guy that signs for lets just say 70k you better be smart with that money. It dries out quick. Stumble around in rookie ball thru AA and by the time you've realized your dream is over your 23-28 years old with a few bucks in your pocket, probably no piece of paper that says you graduated, and looking for a new career choice.

But hey, living the dream brotha

Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's

[quote name='cherokee8215' timestamp='1402851023' post='9499919']
My worst GG experience:
Went in a few years ago to buy a set of new Ping irons. I have been playing Pings for decades and have always been fitted for Orange Dot. The GG pro takes my measurements, I hit some balls on the simulator, etc. He says I'm Black Dot. Seemed weird to me, as the previous 5 fittings in my life all came to Orange Dot, and nothing about me has changed physically. Coincidentally, the set of these irons on the rack was Black Dot. He goes into this big sales pitch on why I should buy the set on the rack, etc. He finally agrees to order them, then starts giving me crap because I only wanted to buy 5 through PW, and not 3 through PW. I had enough and said forget it, I need to "think it over" and left.

I then went to a on-course pro shop at a course I don't play at, because their pro did Ping fittings and had an account. Came out to Orange Dot. I ordered the clubs from him.
[/quote]

nicely done! you know somethings wrong when they give you crap for not ordering more clubs.

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1403031328' post='9516753']
[/quote]

[/quote]

People hate on those they think make bank, not sure why. Lawyers have the stigma of being rich, arrogant pr*$cks so you just got lumped in with them. Heck, you might be a general attorney who barely gets by making $60,000/year but it's just assumed you're 'that guy' who's a young partner and makes MILLIONS and is just a complete snob to everyone you meet.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the ...
"named one of the top young attorneys in the state 5 years in a row" and .."I bill plenty, believe me" is a pretty good indicator that this guy isn't Joe Pesci in my cousin Vinny.
Maybe not a a partner at a large firm with a half a mill x-mas bonus, but I'm pretty sure that he does well enough not to sweat not being able to double down coupons on a pair of golf shoes.

If you take that, along with the other undisputed facts of the case ..
that he is already displeased with GG, bc he doesn't get the same treatment as his previous grass roots establishment..yet still loiters in the store almost daily...and was upset with them denying him double coupon priveges, that he took to the internet, to proclaim his hatred for GG in a post titled in all caps..it would not take a jury of 12 people to, unequivocally, Beyond any reasonable doubt, find him guilty of being "that customer"

As for his co-conspriritor, Mr. I go to the store and try on not 2, but 12 pairs of shoes...he is also found guilty of being "that guy"
This is a golf store sir, not the womens shoe department at Nordstrom.

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1403057459' post='9520101']
[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3Bhayzooos%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1403031328' post='9516753']
[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3BBCULAW%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1403017446' post='9514457']
[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3BJohnny4379%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1403016838' post='9514335']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the ...
"named one of the top young attorneys in the state 5 years in a row" and .."I bill plenty, believe me" is a pretty good indicator that this guy isn't Joe Pesci in my cousin Vinny.
Maybe not a a partner at a large firm with a half a mill x-mas bonus, but I'm pretty sure that he does well enough not to sweat not being able to double down coupons on a pair of golf shoes.

that he is already displeased with GG, bc he doesn't get the same treatment as his previous grass roots establishment..yet still loiters in the store almost daily...and was upset with them denying him double coupon priveges, that he took to the internet, to proclaim his hatred for GG in a post titled in all caps..it would not take a jury of 12 people to, unequivocally, Beyond any reasonable doubt, find him guilty of being "that customer"

As for his co-conspriritor, Mr. I go to the store and try on not 2, but 12 pairs of shoes...he is also found guilty of being "that guy"
[/quote]

I regret that I only have one like to give. You just described the situation perfectly.

My favorite par of mr. divots post is the fact he said they didn't have a single pair in his size. That means he tried on 12 pairs of shoes he knew didn't fit...

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1403057459' post='9520101']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1403031328' post='9516753']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the ...

[/quote]

If by "that" customer, you mean one that values service, then I am guilty. If by "that customer" you mean one who dislikes advertisements and offers that are confusing to the point of being misleading, then lock me up. But, let's not distort the facts about my current frequency of my visits to the store, which are far fewer over the past couple of months as these issues have become more apparent to me and since the new Golfsmith has come to town. Let's not forget that the reason I was trying to get double coupon privileges is because the store's coupon, by its express terms, was intended for use with other discounts. Some courts would take your case away from the jury and grant me a mistrial.

As for me being "[i][b]well enough not to sweat not being able to double down coupons on a pair of golf shoes,[/b][/i]" I have stated repeatedly this was not about the money, it was about unfulfilled expectations. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but look at the other posts in this thread from members who live in the Richmond area, and I sincerely doubt anyone could come to that conclusion objectively. But, regardless of which side you come down on that issue, I'd urge you to "walk a mile" before you start assuming someone's fortune and status in life.

Try dropping to part time work status (i.e., take a 50% pay cut) for a year and see whether any obstacles arise. Ask what happens to employer-provided health benefits, when an employee drops below full-time status. Do a little digging and find out how much medical insurance for a family of three was, pre-Obama care, when you don't receive benefits from an employer, and ask what impact that expense would have on a part-time income. Now, do a little research and see whether someone with a prior heart attack could even BUY personal coverage, pre-Obama-care, at any cost. Consider the expense of 2 ambulance rides, 83 total days of hospitalization, 2 cardiac catheterizations, 12 weeks of cardiac rehab, and countless ct-scans, EKGs, and nuclear studies. Even if you have insurance, at the standard cost of the insurance deductibles and standard 20% of the remainder, it is pretty easy to see how that might add up quickly. Now, after all of that adds up, consider whether any challenges might exist for someone with those obligations that has to leave the workforce completely for a year and a half (i.e., ZERO income).

I don't point this out to complain. Believe me, I know how fortunate I am. I am a survivor of four heart attacks and have come out on the other side with all cylinders firing. I have an amazing wife and daughter, and another on the way, that love me as much as I love them, and whom I hope to enjoy MANY more years with. I have a job with steady income, and bright prospects that are attainable with hard work. In other words, I recognize that I have it better than an awful lot of people, and I am grateful for [b][u]all of it [/u][/b]every single day.

Instead, I point these issues out to emphasize that [i]you don't know me[/i], John. You want to draw conclusions about me as "that customer" based on the information in this post, then fine. I'll get over it. Really, I will. But, don't inject your own biased assumptions into a situation you know NOTHING about.

[quote name='kal32473' timestamp='1402866988' post='9501233']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1402851989' post='9500015']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1402851674' post='9499985']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1402850460' post='9499885']
I tried on about 12 pairs of shoes, no one ever asked to help me. Not once. I left the boxes on the floor for them. They can put them away for me at least. Geesh.
[/quote]
Are you also one to leave all your garbage at the table after your meal at McDonalds vs. simply taking you garbage to the trash bins and leaving a clean table for the next customer?

If you were able to try 12 pairs of shoes it was obviously a self serve area.....it's not a "try and dump" area....could this be a reason why you were being ignored by the sales staff?....while they seem to be assisting others.

The bricks and mortar retail model is a "no win" business model....many people use them to try clubs, apparel, etc only to go on-line to find a better deal.
[/quote]
The staff did help the guy that was literally sitting next to me also trying on shoes. I was in the area for over an HOUR with not [u]one[/u] offer for help. I didn't mention that I was pretty much the only person in the store besides. They can put some boxes away for me. See, I made an executive decision. One I bet GG corporate doesn't mind at all, and they probably wish their sales staff would have offered to help a customer on a very slow day. Ask them. I bet I am not in the wrong here.
Boxes of new shoes are not half eaten food. Poor analogy. They can earn their money. That's what I had to do to be in their store looking to spend some.

They get a medal for showing up for work now too? No. Sorry.
I've not been conditioned to expect "self-serve" areas of stores when its a LUXURY sport to play. That's just lowering expectations waaay too much as a consumer.
[/quote]

Why do you need help to try on shoes?
[/quote]
Not that I need to be coddled, but it wasn't that many years ago, you'd go to a golf store to try on some shoes (when there was more competition than the big boxes, mind you) and they would help fit the shoes, get you some socks if needed, find your size, lace them up for you, put them away if they didn't fit. I'm just old enough to remember how things used to be. Younger people never experienced it, so it seems strange to them. You've been conditioned. You might say I was too. But at least it left people with some satisfaction as they left a store.

The job description is for a GG sales staff employee, I bet there is some mention of helping or offering help, finding merchandise, returning to stock, etc. What are they being paid to do? I'm not doing someone else's job for them just because I want to buy a pair of shoes. And if they were doing their job, they'd have to open all those boxes anyway to make sure they weren't put away in a half-assed manner. It would be bad form to let customers re-stock and accept however it was done.
If GG corporate doesn't have issue with my trip there, which they wouldn't, WRX shouldn't be too concerned about the big box.

The only "entitled" attitude I am witnessing is people thinking they don't have to do ANYTHING to earn a paycheck. Weird. Just odd.

Let me apologize, I was wrong ....25% of $ 97.00 is $24.25

You came to on the internet, and wrote a lengthy post bashing GG, because you hate them sooo much for the following reasons:
1) they wouldn't let you use a coupon on something they already discounted, that would have saved you a whooping $24 dollars.
2) they don't chat you up and kiss your butt when you come in to loiter around the store, which is almost daily.

Either way, Pretty much speaks for itself

If you would have spent that time and energy constructively, you could have found an even better deal on the M1s without a coupon.

http://www.hurricanegolf.com/discount-golf-shoes/adidas-tour-360-atv-m1-golf-shoes.html#

http://www.golfetail.com/p-204255-adidas-tour360-atv-m1-mens-golf-shoes.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0090NOOY6?pc_redir=1402952182&robot_redir=1

You could have also actually gone into the store with your coupon and made you your purchase.
Or, you could have gone to your new favorite store GS and asked them to price match.

You didn't do any of that. So, considering your behavior, and all the personal information you divulged, willingly and unsolicited..you got called out.