Stacy Lewis Hating on Li

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1403401877' post='9548815']
[quote name='gwlee7' timestamp='1403396242' post='9548273']
[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1403391724' post='9547885']
[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1403380489' post='9547005']
[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1403375855' post='9546667']
Just went through 21 pages, 143 descriptions of "SNaP, snap, Snap, etc." on the Urban Dictionary site, and no reference whatsoever to Stacy Lewis.

[/quote]

Then I guess you're not one of the cool kids.
[/quote]

It also means that I'm not a dumbArse looking to say that way.

Since you seem to be an expert, perhaps [u]you[/u] could be that volunteer who could clue me in. Only then, can I hopefully say that I'm one of the cool kids. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Now that 78Staff provided you with the urban dictionary you requested, try and keep up will ya'? :tongue:
[/quote]
Why all the stupid sounding names for the LPGA players?.........Seems a little childish.
[/quote]

We are just stating our opinion and having soms fun. Sorry we aren't PC enough for you and aren't afraid to speak our minds you know, kind of like SNaP.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1403401877' post='9548815']
[quote name='gwlee7' timestamp='1403396242' post='9548273']
Just went through 21 pages, 143 descriptions of "SNaP, snap, Snap, etc." on the Urban Dictionary site, and no reference whatsoever to Stacy Lewis.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since you seem to be an expert, perhaps [u]you[/u] could be that volunteer who could clue me in. Only then, can I hopefully say that I'm one of the cool kids. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Now that 78Staff provided you with the urban dictionary you requested, try and keep up will ya'? :tongue:
[/quote]
Why all the stupid sounding names for the LPGA players?.........Seems a little childish.
[/quote]

Respect your opinion...Wobgon. Sorry for not calling you by name and using a childish nickname.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1403405639' post='9549175']
What does being PC have to do with my question?
[/quote]

Actually, I was wrong for putting you in with those who were making the comments about politcal correctness trying to censor an unpopular opinion re: Lucy playing. I mistakenly thought you were one of those folks and that's what my PC comment was referencing. In any event the nicknames may be
childish but they give us something to do while discussing the players and tournaments. You have been very civil in your posts. However, your input would be appreciated when we are determining the moose of the week award for bad putting. While, childish sounding, it's pretty hotly debated and taken very seriously. The committee would value your contributions.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was sarcasm on my part. I find this nickname stuff to be childish for grown men. Especially considering it's teen and 20 something year old women they're talking about.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1403412597' post='9549667']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was sarcasm on my part. I find this nickname stuff to be childish for grown men. Especially considering it's teen and 20 something year old women they're talking about.
[/quote]

...+1...

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1403412597' post='9549667']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was sarcasm on my part. I find this nickname stuff to be childish for grown men. [b]Especially considering it's teen and 20 something year old women they're talking about.[/b]
[/quote]

No biggie, Staff78 took care of it.

In my late teens/early 20s, I was a firefighter in the RCAF. You have no idea how we would "nickname" ourselves and others. Especially the officers. :-)

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='sefus12' timestamp='1403525673' post='9556049']
[quote name='cardia10' timestamp='1403498397' post='9555277']
Karma is Lewis getting beat by a former child prodigy.
[/quote]

Yea, that final round 66 only to be beaten by a 24 year who is still pegged by many to be an absolute stud on the LPGA really shows that karma was kicking Lewis' a**....
[/quote]
For those who don't know, the sarcasm is dripping with this answer. :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Say what you want about SL, but I would bet most, if not all of you haters, would still love to have her game.. Bet she would kick most of your collective butts and be smiling and very personable too while doing it.

I do want to ask this of you haters though, and since I do not care much either way on SL, are you also haters of Tiger because he too is not to personable, and they are alike in a lot of ways, so if any of you like Tiger, because he acts the same way, then why the hypocracy on SL.. Is it because Tiger has won a lot and is entitled to act like that? I just want to hear the reasoning why you like Tiger if you dislike SL's charisma..

I totally agree with those that, once again, Stacy Lewis is out of line with this attack on Lucy's parents decision. She did the same thing with Lexi and Lydia Ko. Stacy has no right to tell parents what is right for their child. The way I see it is Lucy is a very unique talent and I think it is great that her parents are allowing or to showcase that talent. Lucy appears to be a very smart yet normal little girl.

Some people are saying they are concerned about Lucy missing school. Well Lucy is being home schooled and she has a brother that is enrolled at Princeton. So apparently, her parents have this situation well under control. Oh and let's not forget, it is summer time. A time for family vacations and for kids to just have fun. Lucy has decided to spend one week of her summer vacation playing golf with the best players in the world. Good for her.

I keep hearing people talk about all of these tragedies that kids like Lucy may encounter. Ok. I'm listening name a few?? I can't think of one tragedy caused by an 11y/o playing golf. I know kids that play 3 or 4 times a week. These same kids play in every tournament possible and they deal with the losses. Lucy can deal with not winning a USWO.

Maybe the tragedy they are speaking of is Jennifer Capriati? Ok that's one girl that struggled after having some success in the world of tennis. Mind you that this happen in 1993-94, twenty years ago. I think is would be silly to put limits on our kids just because Jennifer had problems dealing with her success.

Now back to Stacy Lewis. I find her to be very self-absorbed and a bit narcissistic. When she loss on the final hole in China, Stacy's first response was that the winner got lucky and the Chinese fans sucked. She acted as a petulant child during her post round interview. She claim that the Chinese fans were RUDE for supporting Chinese golfer Shanshan Feng, who was in contention with Stacy during the final round. Even if the Chinese fans were a little inappropriate with their support for Feng, Stacy Lewis should have handled this better. As an "Ambassador" of golf, Stacy should understand that not every spectator understands golf etiquette. Especially since golf is a very new sport to most Chinese fans. But instead she berated the fans and insulted the sponsor in the process.

So my final take is .... Stacy Lewis is the one that needs to grow up.

[quote name='tx-ping' timestamp='1403526506' post='9556125']
Say what you want about SL, but I would bet most, if not all of you haters, would still love to have her game.. Bet she would kick most of your collective butts and be smiling and very personable too while doing it.

I do want to ask this of you haters though, and since I do not care much either way on SL, are you also haters of Tiger because he too is not to personable, and they are alike in a lot of ways, so if any of you like Tiger, because he acts the same way, then why the hypocracy on SL.. Is it because Tiger has won a lot and is entitled to act like that? I just want to hear the reasoning why you like Tiger if you dislike SL's charisma..
[/quote]

I don't like Stacy Lewis but I respect her. She is maybe the toughest competitor out there and also I admire her for being her own person in a highly conformist culture/profession.

[quote name='exquisitechip' timestamp='1403543389' post='9558685']

[/quote]

I don't like Stacy Lewis but I respect her. She is maybe the toughest competitor out there and also I admire her for being her own person in a highly conformist culture/profession.
[/quote]

Perfectly said and I'm in 100% agreement. You always have to respect talent.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1403543940' post='9558773']
[quote name='exquisitechip' timestamp='1403543389' post='9558685']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perfectly said and I'm in 100% agreement. You always have to respect talent.
[/quote]

I've got to say I like SL better now for not falling in line and giving the robotic statements like most other LPGA pro's. Lucy seems like a fine kid, but the media turned it into a side show. It got old real quick for me,,,that's all..no bad feelings for her.
Stacy is a proven winner and I don't really care if she's not personable...I don't ever plan on talking to her...lol
Paul

[quote name='Bellyhungry' timestamp='1403545705' post='9559007']
I wonder if Ms. lewis would return to China this year after disrespecting the host country and fans.
[/quote]
In that case, I think the fans were over the top. Actively cheering when a competitor misses a shot or a putt is pretty bad, even with the "mashed potato" crowd.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1403526413' post='9556121']
[quote name='sefus12' timestamp='1403525673' post='9556049']
[quote name='cardia10' timestamp='1403498397' post='9555277']
Karma is Lewis getting beat by a former child prodigy.
[/quote]

Yea, that final round 66 only to be beaten by a 24 year who is still pegged by many to be an absolute stud on the LPGA really shows that karma was kicking Lewis' a**....
[/quote]
For those who don't know, the sarcasm is dripping with this answer. :)
[/quote]

You mean you picked up on that? ;)

[quote name='SamBrees' timestamp='1403542557' post='9558567']
I totally agree with those that, once again, Stacy Lewis is out of line with this attack on Lucy's parents decision. She did the same thing with Lexi and Lydia Ko. Stacy has no right to tell parents what is right for their child. The way I see it is Lucy is a very unique talent and I think it is great that her parents are allowing or to showcase that talent. Lucy appears to be a very smart yet normal little girl.

Some people are saying they are concerned about Lucy missing school. Well Lucy is being home schooled and she has a brother that is enrolled at Princeton. So apparently, her parents have this situation well under control. Oh and let's not forget, it is summer time. A time for family vacations and for kids to just have fun. Lucy has decided to spend one week of her summer vacation playing golf with the best players in the world. Good for her.

I keep hearing people talk about all of these tragedies that kids like Lucy may encounter. Ok. I'm listening name a few?? I can't think of one tragedy caused by an 11y/o playing golf. I know kids that play 3 or 4 times a week. These same kids play in every tournament possible and they deal with the losses. Lucy can deal with not winning a USWO.

Maybe the tragedy they are speaking of is Jennifer Capriati? Ok that's one girl that struggled after having some success in the world of tennis. Mind you that this happen in 1993-94, twenty years ago. I think is would be silly to put limits on our kids just because Jennifer had problems dealing with her success.

Now back to Stacy Lewis. I find her to be very self-absorbed and a bit narcissistic. When she loss on the final hole in China, Stacy's first response was that the winner got lucky and the Chinese fans sucked. She acted as a petulant child during her post round interview. She claim that the Chinese fans were RUDE for supporting Chinese golfer Shanshan Feng, who was in contention with Stacy during the final round. Even if the Chinese fans were a little inappropriate with their support for Feng, Stacy Lewis should have handled this better. As an "Ambassador" of golf, Stacy should understand that not every spectator understands golf etiquette. Especially since golf is a very new sport to most Chinese fans. But instead she berated the fans and insulted the sponsor in the process.

So my final take is .... Stacy Lewis is the one that needs to grow up.
[/quote]
For being your first post, you seem to fit right in here on wrx.....misinformation......exaggeration.......Capital letters.......welcome......You will fit right in here.

Haters will hate. Particularly anonymous posters.

Lewis was asked her opinion. Gave it. And gets beat up by the haters. Shake my head in wonderment. :fie:

PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17° / 910h 24° & 27°
Titleist 913Hd 20°
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56°
Callaway ProType ix 9ht