Stacy Lewis Hating on Li

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1403110700' post='9524865']
[quote name='Tim Meitner' timestamp='1403109649' post='9524731']
[quote name='hoganfan924' timestamp='1403109088' post='9524647']
Saying someone is "hating" or calling them a "hater" for their benign opinions or beliefs is just the thought police's way to try to stifle opinions that they disagree with, by attempting to attach personal animus to said opinions. Seems to be a fad lately, as is calling someone a bully for the same reason. Gotten to the point now where we've even criminalized it. Same athlete's get criticized for being boring automatons when they provide the same old milquetoast, canned, IMG approved answers. Sad state of affairs.

Another ridiculous Wrx thread.
[/quote]

:good::good:
[/quote]
I have to agree. She was asked a question and she answered it. This isn't about being nasty, rude or anything like that. It was an honest question, and she gave an honest answer. We complain all the time about Tiger not being forthcoming. This is the exact reason why he isn't. No one REALLY wants an honest answer, they want the approved answer. So he says nothing controversial. This bit Rory over the past couple of years. He gave honest answers, and people here and in the media jumped on him for it.

I actually agree with her. It's great an 11 year old qualified for the USWO, but where does it end? You will never see an 11-year old boy qualify for the US Open. Can an 11 year old boy play from 7400 yards and throw down a 69? That would have to be one exceptional young man, and probably a strapping young man as well to throw out drives from 300 yards and have the game needed to play from another 1000 yards out that Li had to qualify for.

I hope she has a great time and learns a lot. Heck, I hope she makes the cut. But overall, Stacy didn't do a thing wrong here. It's our political correctness that is at fault here.
[/quote]

Big ol' cheers to this. :drinks:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1403111856' post='9525049']
Here's a couple of Lucy's quotes...and comments from others on her game.

[color=#000000]"The perfect week? I just want to go out there and have fun and play the best I can, and I really don't care about the outcome," Li said. "I want to have fun. I want to learn a lot from these great players."[/color]

[color=#000000]"It's awesome, right?" she said, giggling as she answered questions from media. "I mean, Pinehurst and Augusta National in like two months. I mean, that's just amazing. It's mind-blowing for me. It's been awesome. The food is great and it's been a lot of fun. I've made a lot of friends." [/color]

[color=#333333]Li played in the U.S. Women's Amateur last year at 10. She was the youngest to qualify for match play at the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links. The idea to try to qualify for the Women's Open was "mine."[/color]
"Because I wanted to go out there and get the experience," she said. "Because it's 36 holes and I didn't care if I qualified or not. I didn't think about it. I just wanted to go for the experience."
[color=#333333]Li was asked if she had ever been intimidated on a golf course.[/color]
[color=#333333]โ€œNo. I just donโ€™t care that much,โ€ she said, causing laughter in the interview room.[/color]
[color=#333333]Anything about playing in the Womenโ€™s Open make her nervous?[/color]
[color=#333333]โ€œNot really,โ€ she said.[/color]

[color=#000000][size=2]Read more here: [url="http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/17/3944137/at-11-lucy-li-is-the-youngest.html#storylink=cpy"]http://www.newsobser...l#storylink=cpy[/url][/size][/color]
[color=#333333]Li, from Redwood Shores, Calif., got in nine holes Tuesday at No. 2. One of her playing partners was Beatriz Recari of Spain, an LPGA Tour pro and European Solheim Cup member last year.[/color]
[color=#333333]โ€œI think sheโ€™s fearless. I think sheโ€™s going to do well,โ€ Recari said. โ€œThere were a lot of people out there watching and clapping, and she seemed completely calm. Itโ€™s good to see youngsters arenโ€™t afraid to compete at the highest level.[/color]
[color=#333333]โ€œSheโ€™s shorter than everybody else, but she hit it pretty solid. Itโ€™s a long course, but I donโ€™t think sheโ€™s afraid of hitting woods into the greens.โ€[/color]

[color=#000000][size=2]Read more here: [url="http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/17/3944137/at-11-lucy-li-is-the-youngest.html#storylink=cpy"]http://www.newsobser...l#storylink=cpy[/url][/size][/color]
We're all entitled to our opinions and to raise our kids as we deem appropriate. The theme that certainly seems to come through is she wants to have fun and for an 11 year old kid, that's what it's all about.
[/quote]

All I have been trying to say

[quote name='zerofade' timestamp='1403107850' post='9524421']
So noone had a problem with Lexi Thompson or Morgan Pressel playing the open at 12??? but an 11yo.. OH MY GOD NOOOOOO for the sake of childhood ...

funny stuff
[/quote]

How do you know no-one had a problem with Lexi or Morgan?

funny stuff anyway

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cmย Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRTย Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

I will be rooting for this little girl to make the cut, I know that. It would be awesome to see her in the hunt Sunday. Ratings would be Tiger-like.,

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9 ย 52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1403115308' post='9525585']
I will be rooting for this little girl to make the cut, I know that. It would be awesome to see her in the hunt Sunday. Ratings would be Tiger-like.,
[/quote]

No offense, but nothing on the LPGA will be Tiger-like anytime in the near future. Simply isn't enough "common" PGA fans that will watch the LPGA. LIke it or not, that's just how it is.

[quote name='Big L' timestamp='1403110961' post='9524911']
Yes they did. What you quoted refers to an 8th grade student of mine who at least from what I seen and observed is heavily pushed by her father to focus on nothing but Softball so she can get a scholarship and play at the college level. Sad part is, it appears that she's already getting burned out and I wouldn't be shocked (def. saddened though) if she just quits the game before she even gets to college.
[/quote]
No question that many parents live through their children.
Yes....for every LPGA pro....there are 1000's of gals who quit and lose the desire.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1403103790' post='9523791']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1403100822' post='9523227']
What were her comments exactly regarding Li?
[/quote]
Here's the presser
[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/media/lewis-not-big-fan-kids-playing-major-events/"]http://www.golfchann...g-major-events/[/url]
[/quote]

I'm as big a critic of Stacy as pretty much anyone here I think, and this doesn't come off as hating at all imo. Possibly because I agree with her - I think these 11/12 year old's shouldn't be out here. I said the same thing about Lexi, Morgan and Wie too, for that matter. I just don't think these girls should be exposed to this level of competition at such a young age. Not going to get in a long drawn out discussion on it, it' s just my opinion so doesn't really mean much, esp to Stacy, Lucy, the USGA,, the LPGA, or whoever.

But in no way does Stacy come off as hating in that interview, imo.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*ย  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300ย 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Welp, the "#1 Lewis Hating on Li, 11" is now a front page headline on ESPN. Lucy Li is now officially the dominant story of the tournament, and seems to have attracted a lot of Johnny-come-lately eyeballs to it. All debates of what's right and what's wrong aside, I am bored by this. Out of curiosity I watched a bit of that Tianlang kid at the Masters but watching him dink it around got old pretty quick. I don't have time in my life to smarm all over myself because some rising sixth grader made the field. When it comes to USWO I want to know about intense pressure, draconian course setups, and the players who are on their games that week and who has the right combination of game and nerve to win the damn thing--that's about all I have attention for. Interest in women's golf is tenuous enough as it is. At the end of the day local qualifier with no shot to win is still local qualifier with no shot to win.

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1403120952' post='9526471']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1403103790' post='9523791']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1403100822' post='9523227']
What were her comments exactly regarding Li?
[/quote]
Here's the presser
[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/media/lewis-not-big-fan-kids-playing-major-events/"]http://www.golfchann...g-major-events/[/url]
[/quote]

I'm as big a critic of Stacy as pretty much anyone here I think, and this doesn't come off as hating at all imo. Possibly because I agree with her - I think these 11/12 year old's shouldn't be out here. I said the same thing about Lexi, Morgan and Wie too, for that matter. I just don't think these girls should be exposed to this level of competition at such a young age. Not going to get in a long drawn out discussion on it, it' s just my opinion so doesn't really mean much, esp to Stacy, Lucy, the USGA,, the LPGA, or whoever.

But in no way does Stacy come off as hating in that interview, imo.
[/quote]
Well if 78 says it, then I'm good with it. :)

DRIVER:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:ย  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:ย  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grindย 

PUTTER:ย  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:ย  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:ย  Testing

A man has to have options!

ย 

[quote name='Tim Meitner' timestamp='1403122600' post='9526683']
Mike Whan probably pulled Stacy aside and asked her to spice things up a bit for interests sake.

When you've traditionally been a ship taking on water....any news is good news. ;)
[/quote]
I see what you did there. :)

DRIVER:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:ย  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:ย  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grindย 

PUTTER:ย  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:ย  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:ย  Testing

A man has to have options!

ย 

Memo to SNaP from The Blonde Bomber:
Look who I'm playing with today?
http://instagram.com/p/pYgaPZxCMO/

If you want to talk about who and who shouldn't play a USWO....meet in the locker room.

I hope Lexi and Morgan are in the final group with SNaP on Sunday with Lewis entering Sunday with a 5 stroke lead only to get destroyed by Lexi.

Go Lexi!!!

Li is paired with another junior amateur named Madison Kerley for the first round. My daughter was paired with Madison for two rounds at a big junior tournament a couple of years ago. We are excited to watch this group.

I do understand the sentiments of those who express concern about age. Eleven is very young. I've been around the junior golf scene for a while now. Every kid is different, but parents are crazy, and getting worse. I'd like to know how many of these kids burn out for every one who flourishes.

That said, I will be cheering for Li and wish her the best!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73ย 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73ย 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1403128415' post='9527297']
Memo to SNaP from The Blonde Bomber:
Look who I'm playing with today?
[url="http://instagram.com/p/pYgaPZxCMO/"]http://instagram.com/p/pYgaPZxCMO/[/url]

If you want to talk about who and who shouldn't play a USWO....meet in the locker room.

I hope Lexi and Morgan are in the final group with SNaP on Sunday with Lewis entering Sunday with a 5 stroke lead only to get destroyed by Lexi.

Go Lexi!!!
[/quote]
I hope i wake up in the morning and am 20 years younger........

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1403106952' post='9524307']
Here's the Stacy Lewis Marathon commercial. She urges kids to work and develop their game. Lucy did that and then earned her way in.

[url="http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Oou/marathon-classic-featuring-stacy-lewis"]http://www.ispot.tv/...ing-stacy-lewis[/url]
[/quote]

Oops.

:cheesy::cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]How about we all praise Laura Davies comments on the subject!!!!!!!!!!! She hit the nail on the head!!!!!![/size]

[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1403134838' post='9527861']
[size=4]How about we all praise Laura Davies comments on the subject!!!!!!!!!!! She hit the nail on the head!!!!!![/size]
[/quote]
Absolutely.
LD is a FREAK...she's so FREAKIN amazing.
I really want LD to qualify for the HOF.
LD would be an amazing for TV....everything the Dame says is bang right on.

Her point was that the girls parents should not be letting her play and she specifically mentioned an 11 yr old isn't able to handle things like the media.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105sย 
Cleveland RTX 54* &ย 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

On a related note, found it interesting that Li was seen enjoying a snack with Lexi and Michelle by a friend that is working security for event. Seems those ladies learned from Nancy Lopez on how to treat new players on their tour.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu