• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1966 is possibly my favorite year for the Dynapowers.  The Turfriders are up there in my mind too.  They both feel and play very differently.  Things started changing in 1966 with the blade designs at

Another set of Top-Flites for me.   I just about have all the 1980’s era Spalding irons now.  This set was owned and played by PGA professional Jerry McGee.  McGee won twice in 1979 but retired from t

Really enjoying looking at these old Spaldings.  But the talk of their custom shop reminds me of one of the funniest stories ever.  I had a friend who had a set of custom Spalding Top Flite persimmon

Posted Images

Are these worth $100??? I want a nice little vintage Titleist set. I have persimmons from the late 80’s early 90’s. Would these fit the year? Thank you in response to any shared knowledge. I remember loving the tour models my pro has when I was a kid.c17b3dee20595749a9149d06501805fc.jpge5eddcc6ea22c2397674914db372a579.jpg

Titleist - 905R
Nickent -  6DT 17*
Mizuno - MP33 4-PW

Titleist - SM5.  52*, 58*

Wilson - 8813
------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/

Are these worth $100??? I want a nice little vintage Titleist set. I have persimmons from the late 80’s early 90’s. Would these fit the year? Thank you in response to any shared knowledge. I remember loving the tour models my pro has when I was a kid.c17b3dee20595749a9149d06501805fc.jpge5eddcc6ea22c2397674914db372a579.jpg

If it was a full set I’d say easily worth $100 or more, but no 4, 6, 8 iron makes them not worth it, at least in my view. Find a nice full set so you aren’t searching for clubs later.

The Bag...

Stan Thompson Reactionizer Persimmon woods 1-4
Peerless Palmer 3-SW

Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K 

Are these worth $100??? I want a nice little vintage Titleist set. I have persimmons from the late 80âs early 90âs. Would these fit the year? Thank you in response to any shared knowledge. I remember loving the tour models my pro has when I was a kid.c17b3dee20595749a9149d06501805fc.jpge5eddcc6ea22c2397674914db372a579.jpg
These are early 80s, and in my opinion are not worth $100 for a half set, but it's really up to how much you want them.

These are references as a "bullet groove" model due to the groove on the upper part of the muscle.

For reference, I sold an identical set 3-pw for $50 a couple days ago. Granted, I priced them low on purpose, but you can shop around and find a better deal than $100 IMO.

These are early 80s, and in my opinion are not worth $100 for a half set, but it's really up to how much you want them.

These are references as a "bullet groove" model due to the groove on the upper part of the muscle.

For reference, I sold an identical set 3-pw for $50 a couple days ago. Granted, I priced them low on purpose, but you can shop around and find a better deal than $100 IMO.

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep my eyes open. It’s hard to tell which Tour Model year everything is. Wish I could see them in person.

Titleist - 905R
Nickent -  6DT 17*
Mizuno - MP33 4-PW

Titleist - SM5.  52*, 58*

Wilson - 8813

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/

I wouldn't give $100 for a part set. I only paid $30 for a part set of Golden Ram Axial Tour grinds and they were only missing the 6. That said, if you really want them and you can afford it, then there's nothing stopping you. We all value things differently.

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°

Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°

Adams Idea Tech 28°

TM Burner Plus 7-AW

Cleveland CBX 56°

Never Compromise NCX RAY tau

Picked up a Cobra with an S300 shaft and nice wrap style rubber grip with plenty of grippyness and life left in it. Getting to play this afternoon. I think I will slip it in the bag to see how it does.

phv74h7j3zz2.jpg

Also got a Toney Penna Driver and 3 wood. Both need new grips and have regular flex shafts. The driver has some weird looking striping on it that looks to have been done with an air brush. Light passes of black paint stripes following the grain. Odd looking but you can't really make them out in the picture.

vz16tdb0y0a1.jpg

zezcclo66bjy.jpg

• Like 1

Went to Portland Classic collector show this past weekend hoping to empty my vehicle. I Did not do a very good job of it...

This is my vehicle after the show, too many excellent deals to pass up and also stopped in Bend Oregon and emptied 30 years of a collectors storage unit.

Too many great acquisitions too mention. But a couple are a set Hogan precision irons 2-E in original Ben Hogan box with pros name on box, The head pro at Waverly, a famous club in Oregon.

large lot of Ben Hogan persimmon raw persimmon turnings, BH and club number stamped on neck, included are heavy steel turnings blanks, very heavy steel that were used as template for turning the raw fletches(sp)

A set of irons owned and played by Nicklaus with documentation

several sets of 693, m85 woods, 200 putters

60 iron sets, much more

Very cool set of Macgregor tourney custom woods made for Macgregor reps many years ago. What makes the set cool is the driver is M09 jumbo size,never hit set

Sad thing is I was out of room in my vehicle or would have taken much more, there was a retired macgregor rep with tons of cool stuff, just no room

• Like 3

> @teevons said:

> Went to Portland Classic collector show this past weekend hoping to empty my vehicle. I Did not do a very good job of it...

> This is my vehicle after the show, too many excellent deals to pass up and also stopped in Bend Oregon and emptied 30 years of a collectors storage unit.

> Too many great acquisitions too mention. But a couple are a set Hogan precision irons 2-E in original Ben Hogan box with pros name on box, The head pro at Waverly, a famous club in Oregon.

> large lot of Ben Hogan persimmon raw persimmon turnings, BH and club number stamped on neck, included are heavy steel turnings blanks, very heavy steel that were used as template for turning the raw fletches(sp)

> A set of irons owned and played by Nicklaus with documentation

> several sets of 693, m85 woods, 200 putters

> 60 iron sets, much more

> Very cool set of Macgregor tourney custom woods made for Macgregor reps many years ago. What makes the set cool is the driver is M09 jumbo size,never hit set

> Sad thing is I was out of room in my vehicle or would have taken much more, there was a retired macgregor rep with tons of cool stuff, just no room

Wow! What a haul! Incredible!

The Bag...

Peerless Palmer 3-SW

Well, it’s a 1959 instead of a 58, but it has the same TT Pro Fit regular flex shaft as my 58’s as well as the original leather reminder grip. Plus, the condition is immaculate, so it goes in the bag until a 58 in similar original condition comes along.

93jz2gpyuc1t.jpeg

gt1j5y8kpx9n.jpeg

• Like 1

The Bag...

Peerless Palmer 3-SW

> @deejaid said:

> Well, it’s a 1959 instead of a 58, but it has the same TT Pro Fit regular flex shaft as my 58’s as well as the original leather reminder grip. Plus, the condition is immaculate, so it goes in the bag until a 58 in similar original condition comes along.

>

> 93jz2gpyuc1t.jpeg

>

> gt1j5y8kpx9n.jpeg

>

Nice, I don't have any of the early Wilson Dyna-Powered irons but my Dunlop Peter Thomsons from a similar date are very similar.

vofiyib084ye.jpg

Not quite so similar and maybe slightly earlier are the Norrie Thomsons and JB Halleys.

8ojsmmt89ic5.jpg

woid7jvezqwu.jpg

• Like 1

It's not all about the score.

> @Jiggered said:

> > @deejaid said:

> > Well, it’s a 1959 instead of a 58, but it has the same TT Pro Fit regular flex shaft as my 58’s as well as the original leather reminder grip. Plus, the condition is immaculate, so it goes in the bag until a 58 in similar original condition comes along.

> >

> > 93jz2gpyuc1t.jpeg

> >

> > gt1j5y8kpx9n.jpeg

> >

>

>

> Nice, I don't have any of the early Wilson Dyna-Powered irons but my Dunlop Peter Thomsons from a similar date are very similar.

>

> vofiyib084ye.jpg

>

> Not quite so similar and maybe slightly earlier are the Norrie Thomsons and JB Halleys.

>

> 8ojsmmt89ic5.jpg

> woid7jvezqwu.jpg

>

>

Nice looking clubs there, Jiggered. They really are similar to the Dynapowers posted by deejaid, but surely not the same design made under license?