No new acquistions...?

> @SteveNZ said:

> Looking forward to getting to work on this. I think it's had some sort of reddish lacquer put on it at some stage, but other than that looks pretty original - screw slots, scorelines and stampings all look really nice and crisp. Soleplate screws came out real easy (as did the plate itself and the insert screws) so guess nothing has never been reset. Leather grip is still quite soft too.

>

A little update...

i3avg57xarln.jpeg

t314xh9mq69h.jpeg

frn1hybe6yrq.jpeg

Good afternoon everyone,

First, hope all is well for everyone. I haven’t been on the site for awhile.

Things going great on my end. Been culling the herd as far as clubs go in anticipation of finally getting the house sold and moving on with my life, so haven’t been acquiring anything “new”, but looking forward to getting back to the hunt. Enjoying getting my fix in by browsing the site today.

• Like 1

Good to see you, virtually speaking, OSR :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @oldschoolrocker said:

> Good afternoon everyone,

> First, hope all is well for everyone. I haven’t been on the site for awhile.

> Things going great on my end. Been culling the herd as far as clubs go in anticipation of finally getting the house sold and moving on with my life, so haven’t been acquiring anything “new”, but looking forward to getting back to the hunt. Enjoying getting my fix in by browsing the site today.

Great to hear from you again Randy.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Just picked these up as the head shape is very reminiscent of more modern Macgregor’s from the 1990’s with which I’m familiar and because they are in such beautiful, original condition. Fully intact ceramic coating on the faces, Pro Pel 2 shafts with bands intact, and original cord grips.

kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

• Like 1

> @deejaid said:

> Just picked these up as the head shape is very reminiscent of more modern Macgregor’s from the 1990’s with which I’m familiar and because they are in such beautiful, original condition. Fully intact ceramic coating on the faces, Pro Pel 2 shafts with bands intact, and original cord grips.

>

> kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

>

> tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

>

> qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

>

> 3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

Unbelievable condition. Great find !

• Like 1

> @raggal62 said:

> > @deejaid said:

> > Just picked these up as the head shape is very reminiscent of more modern Macgregor’s from the 1990’s with which I’m familiar and because they are in such beautiful, original condition. Fully intact ceramic coating on the faces, Pro Pel 2 shafts with bands intact, and original cord grips.

> >

> > kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

> >

> > tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

> >

> > qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

> >

> > 3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Unbelievable condition. Great find !

Thanks Raggal. They feel fantastic and look awesome behind the ball with the black face. I’m already trying to track down a 11 and DS wedge in similar condition.

> @deejaid said:

> > @raggal62 said:

> > > @deejaid said:

> > > Just picked these up as the head shape is very reminiscent of more modern Macgregor’s from the 1990’s with which I’m familiar and because they are in such beautiful, original condition. Fully intact ceramic coating on the faces, Pro Pel 2 shafts with bands intact, and original cord grips.

> > >

> > > kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

> > >

> > > tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

> > >

> > > qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

> > >

> > > 3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Unbelievable condition. Great find !

>

> Thanks Raggal. They feel fantastic and look awesome behind the ball with the black face. I’m already trying to track down a 11 and DS wedge in similar condition.

>

>

Without wishing to come across as some weird fetishist, I love those ferrules!

Great find.

• Like 1

> @raggal62 said:

> > @deejaid said:

> > Just picked these up as the head shape is very reminiscent of more modern Macgregor’s from the 1990’s with which I’m familiar and because they are in such beautiful, original condition. Fully intact ceramic coating on the faces, Pro Pel 2 shafts with bands intact, and original cord grips.

> >

> > kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

> >

> > tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

> >

> > qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

> >

> > 3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Unbelievable condition. Great find !

Those are awesome, nice score!

Hey,

i´m new in this area of old golf clubs and invested some money in the last two weeks. I bought around 50 clubs (for ~ $150), mostly from ebay here in germany, and also tried to find the date of manufacture. This is a little summary of what i got so far:

Dunlop - Max Metalwood (1985 - 1990)

![](https://i.imgur.com/L4PEK2j.jpg "")

Ryder Sctoland Woods and Irons (1980 - 1986)

![](https://i.imgur.com/3mhUwcN.jpg "")

Tiger Shark - Pat Simmons Woods (Mid 80s)

![](https://i.imgur.com/iHWWY4B.jpg "")

Dave Pelz - Featherlite Woods (1984-1987)

![](https://i.imgur.com/VMfUtxC.jpg "")

Wilson - 1200 LT Woods (1978)

![](https://i.imgur.com/iQhNxYb.jpg "")

Northwestern woods (mid 70s)

![](https://i.imgur.com/Cqpf6uF.jpg "")

Ping - Old Ping Putter (Mid 60s)

![](https://i.ibb.co/m0bh6sQ/8-old-ping.jpg "")

Halley London - 2 Brassie (mid 30s)

![](https://i.imgur.com/dsEZeM9.jpg "")

unknown 3 wood

![](https://i.imgur.com/7A8nvz0.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/gHpLJiv.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/Z0AZWsq.jpg "")

unknown Golfbag

![](https://i.imgur.com/OaqWcW3.jpg "")

Some clubs are in bad condition and definitely need some love!

I´m excited to start cleaning and restoring those old clubs...and hope to see some really nice results.

cheers!

> @tzinne said:

> Hey,

>

> i´m new in this area of old golf clubs and invested some money in the last two weeks. I bought around 50 clubs (for ~ $150), mostly from ebay here in germany, and also tried to find the date of manufacture. This is a little summary of what i got so far:

>

> Dunlop - Max Metalwood (1985 - 1990)

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/L4PEK2j.jpg "")

>

>

> unknown Golfbag

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/OaqWcW3.jpg "")

>

> Some clubs are in bad condition and definitely need some love!

> I´m excited to start cleaning and restoring those old clubs...and hope to see some really nice results.

>

> cheers!

>

The Dunlop metalwoods I vaguely remember from my youth. Now those Ryders look familiar, especially the irons. My brother played Ryder Woods and irons for a few year, and your irons look identical. Cast heel-toe weighted, from what I remember. Not bad, but I preferred my Daiwa heel-toe weighted at the time :)

The Ryder woods look a bit different from the ones he had. Are they Ryder II?

Finally, that unknown golf bag looks great. Really like it.

> @deejaid said:

> Just picked these up as the head shape is very reminiscent of more modern Macgregor’s from the 1990’s with which I’m familiar and because they are in such beautiful, original condition. Fully intact ceramic coating on the faces, Pro Pel 2 shafts with bands intact, and original cord grips.

>

> kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

>

> tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

>

> qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

>

> 3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

>

>

>

>

>

WOW those are the ones you told me about in the PM----- They are also known as Diamondback FCs too----- My 57 Diamondbacks have the copper faces----- I see out west now perfectly preserved golf clubs are starting to show up or at least somehow you are finding them---- IMHO as perfect as those are they may be for display. Today at the course we will be playing I will "visit" a set of Nicklaus Signature Diamondback FCs on display. LOL one time one of the wet behind the ears kids started telling me about them. Yep I told him I have a similar set out in my bag---- I had the pristine 62s Stickfish sent me that day in the bag. I remember when I was at the bag drop one of the kids told the other one "This guy has a set like the ones on the wall" Well sort of I told him. Well not as glamorus today the KZGs are in the bag I ain't hurting my back for prosterity sake

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @deejaid said:

> >

> > kooavsavs9uq.jpeg

> >

> > tn6924csvz5u.jpeg

> >

> > qd0xoqjhk6by.jpeg

> >

> > 3c1v71vi0j78.jpeg

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> WOW those are the ones you told me about in the PM----- They are also known as Diamondback FCs too----- My 57 Diamondbacks have the copper faces----- I see out west now perfectly preserved golf clubs are starting to show up or at least somehow you are finding them---- IMHO as perfect as those are they may be for display. Today at the course we will be playing I will "visit" a set of Nicklaus Signature Diamondback FCs on display. LOL one time one of the wet behind the ears kids started telling me about them. Yep I told him I have a similar set out in my bag---- I had the pristine 62s Stickfish sent me that day in the bag. I remember when I was at the bag drop one of the kids told the other one "This guy has a set like the ones on the wall" Well sort of I told him. Well not as glamorus today the KZGs are in the bag I ain't hurting my back for prosterity sake

We’ve got one kid here that always takes notice to what I have in the bag as I change it up pretty regularly and I think he likes seeing the old funky stuff. I’m starting to get a reputation at my club as the guy that plays all the old equipment. The assistant pro said to another instructor in the Pro Shop “you should see the stuff this guy plays”. Well, my wife got me a lesson for my birthday and it happened to be with that instructor. I had the 58 Dynapowered’s in my bag and he was flippin over the clubs. He asked what I wanted to work on and I said I just wanted to have him look over my swing and if anything straighten out the 15 yard fade that had been creeping into my long irons.

Well, by the end of the hour we had it sorted out and he said if I could hit those butterknives like that he doesn’t want to mess with my swing any further. It just felt good because I was pounding those irons and instead of being seen as just some weird guy with old clubs I proved that I got a bit of game too.

As for the new CF4000’s, those are on display....in my bag. Everything I acquire needs to be playable. To me that is the beauty of these old clubs, seeing them perform on the course. This set is easily the closest to modern playability of any of my sets. A few of my sets are a club, even 2 clubs shorter, but these Mac’s are nearly right there with my CB-92’s do. Ever so slightly shorter due I’m sure to the shorter shaft length but feel incredible and are very accurate.

I might need to pick up a copper face set as well for fun.

• Like 2

Played the Pawley's Plantation course today. It is a Nicklaus designed course so that is why they have a collectors edition of Nicklaus FC Diamondbacks there----- Some tourist golfers and I were talking about those clubs and the 1st assistant piped up. He said I bet Stuey there probably has a set of old Macs in the bag right now. He knows me well he used to be at my second home course. I told him I hated to dissapoint him but I had a set of 15 year old KZGs in the bag today. Wind was up bad today and I did not really hit the ball well anyhow and my putting is terrible anyhow. Decided then and there to put the Machogans back in the bag and go back to putting with a Bulls Eye to maybe get some feel. Don't know if the cooler weather affected me or the wind but my back was sore and it is raging now. My back has never hurt hitting the Machogans. I might not do well with the Bulls Eye but at least I can look classy while messing up

• Like 1

> @tzinne said:

> Hey,

>

> i´m new in this area of old golf clubs and invested some money in the last two weeks. I bought around 50 clubs (for ~ $150), mostly from ebay here in germany, and also tried to find the date of manufacture. This is a little summary of what i got so far:

>

>

>

> Some clubs are in bad condition and definitely need some love!

> I´m excited to start cleaning and restoring those old clubs...and hope to see some really nice results.

>

> cheers!

>

Welcome to the most interesting corner of GolfWRX tzinne.

Your dates look to be in the right area for most of the clubs.

The Ryder Heel Toe 17.4 was introduced in 1973.

Nice bag!

It's not all about the score.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ClassicGolfClubs

> @dcopp7 said:

> Nabbed these Nicklaus irons today for a song!

> wfdtbxd8yihq.jpg

> 4tj7x3aynm2g.jpg

> iznbs7h59s5u.jpg

> 8bx5w80twth6.jpg

> bzql0889gv47.jpg

>

Nice find there Copp---- I would have jumped on those in a heartbeat just for the shafts to put in either my 57 Diamonbacks or one of my sets of 62 Fcs

From what I remember they are very light weight and soft almost like a senior shaft

Just got this set of ram fx2's in the mail today. Hit a few with the 7 iron and man am I liking these. Not the softest forging ive hit but these have a firmer crunchy feeling is best I know to describe it and the ball sounds great coming off the face and seem to go a mile. Can't wait to get them on the course. nmi209yqlvmc.jpg

• Like 1

> @3puttsRLife said:

> Just got this set of ram fx2's in the mail today. Hit a few with the 7 iron and man am I liking these. Not the softest forging ive hit but these have a firmer crunchy feeling is best I know to describe it and the ball sounds great coming off the face and seem to go a mile. Can't wait to get them on the course.

>

affirmative. have a set of those myself and they are good sticks to keep in the arsenal. the design resembles older Wilson Staff cavity backs.

enjoy them.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry