2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

No new acquistions...?

Arch do not take this as gospel but by look of the top script and sole plate they appear to be 56/57 models. Maybe someone with a Kaplan book can correct me or confirm me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

So very true!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I passed through Vegas on my way to Death Valley and Joshua Tree NPs this week and made the family wait in the car while I hit a few Goodwills...it was worth the stops.

First find, an AT2W 4 wood. I've been looking for clubs to use as I learn how to refinish, and this will be stage 3. (Stage 1, VIPs without the top stamp, Stage 2, W1MTs, Stage 4, M65 five screw driver). I know I'll have some trouble with the firing pin on this one, but it is worth a shot. I think I'll scavenge the shafts out of the VIPs for this and the M65 if I can't find some S300s between now and the spring.

ULQXAEBQZOFB.jpg

RBNE1MBMTBQK.jpg

U47B5H5W73D2.jpg

I also found these, another orphaned set I couldn't leave behind even though they are regular shafts. 1960 staffs, 2-PW, good enough but not great shape, hideous white rubber grips that have fossilized. On the negative side, I now have three sets of staffs with regular shafts that I can't hit; on the positive side, I've always wanted to compare my mid 80's re-issues to the real deal...they are pretty close.

X0VUDJCN5VPF.jpg

CD5G9WMIOUDR.jpg

Z0BAM39J2FPM.jpg

I also felt bad for this '64 wedge, so I brought him home too, and its in good enough shape to play if I can figure out what the shaft flex is. Anyone know how I can tell without a shaft band?

4EV8B9WIK0XX.jpg

4PUPQEPJKLMT.jpg

I also picked up a Palmer "The Original" and a set of modern RBZ woods. I always liked the Palmer ever since I saw them in the '80s when I worked in a shop. It is a nice addition to my 88XX collection. I plan to sell the RBZs and try to offset the cost of the rest of this madness.

Found these the other day. Goldsmith Reg. No.203 driver and 3 wood. Steel shaft (no label) with an interesting spiraling appx. 9" below the grips. Would surmise they have been refinished at some point, although the "shiny" coating doesn't look period correct and showing aging. The wood is in good shape all things considered. Loooong plastic ferrule, no whipping. The crown stamped "Espinosa", but have not been able to a determine a reference.

Have never heard of Goldsmith before. And the only reference sleuthed up is the following:

P. Goldsmith & Sons was founded in the 1890's as a sporting goods manufacturing company in Cincinnati, Ohio.

"They began making golf clubs in the 1920s and continued with them into the steel-shafted era. In the 1930s their advertisements featured Babe Didrikson. "Coordinated Golf Equipment". This connection continued when they took over the MacGregor company in 1936 and promoted that as their golf arm. Initially the company was known as MacGregor- Goldsmith but, by the 1940s, the Goldsmith name was dropped altogether."

Unnable to date these with any preciseness. Perhaps before the MacGregor acquisition. Found them interesting. As always, any additional information from the experts would be appreciated.

WW4B4DYPN46E.jpg

CTDCO2S1A8RL.jpg

H3JGB5QA6X9X.jpg

Z8NM9LP6DUEI.jpg

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Just picked up these Hogan Apex Dura Bloc’s today.

REJ8ZN2ATIUA.jpeg

0NHD8J0CIEOB.jpeg

FHH996KSXP9Y.jpeg

NQ4HRB6R0MFQ.jpeg

• Like 2

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

well, hopefully this one will run too when I get it put together. I pulled the head at lunch today and the TM head weighs 225 grams. I am debating on an overall length of somewhere around 41-42". On the lookout now for a 75-85 gram graphite shaft I can stick in there. Thought I had an extra but it was .350 tip. I might pull one from a 3W I've had listed on eBay for sometime without any interest.

Just did a Buy It Now on fleabay for a set of 1-3-4 persimmons. New Old Stock Orlimars from our very own @deejaid, unless there's someone else using that ID out there.
Looking forward to giving these some run in 2020.
Let's try pasting an image from the ebay listing....
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/998/8KDQQIWUH8GF.png[/img]

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

And another image

7O46UAF76VSP.png

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

YEAH!! and it is a blonde too!!! My favorite driver of all time was a Blonde Power Bilt-------- Before that I preferred absolute black woods then I bought that Blonde Power Bilt

He does great work don't he? I have seen a few before and after pics of his work

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, where did you run across several NOS Orlimars? I noticed, too late, your thread in BST for a few others.

It's funny how I ran into your ad. I've probably mentioned here and there that I may just play persimmons exclusively in 2020. Started thinking how i may want to sometimes bag a 4w instead of the 1 iron. I have a couple Rams here, but they're a bit longer than I prefer. It's an easy fix, but then I started surfing eBay, where I was already watching an Orlimar driver and 3w. Thought I'd see if I could find a similar 4w, grab them all and have another option. And there was this 1-3-4 set.

It's a sign! LOL

Short story made long.

The Orlimars were made here in the Bay Area, Oakland actually, back in the late 1970’s/early 80’s. I got hooked up with a guy that worked there at the time and he stored hundreds of clubs after production ceased. Fast forward 35 years and I bought a few hundred clubs to sell to give people the chance to play a new persimmon club for a fraction of what a boutique built persimmon wood would cost.

I have more to post here but I was a bit under the weather last week so didn’t get more pictures taken. Only a few more stiff flex left actually.

• Like 1

found these two irons but have little knowledge of older Wilson gear. five and seven irons with decent leather grips. Wilson flag trim caps.

Nice clean compact heads, brown patterned ferrules with yellow trim. Wilson flag logo at the toe. they're stamped Pin-Hi on the sole, have Johnny Revolta signature.

no shaft labels.

QO3U3UMCRUYH.jpg

DOPOFUD6E79G.jpg

JWPNANACN7Q7.jpg

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I have some free time this morning so I thought I would share my recent acquisition. I consider myself very lucky with this one. I was fortunate enough to find a complete set, only one owner, that was being sold by his daughter and son in law. He is now 86 years old and hasn't played any golf in sometime, and so it was time to let them go. The bag is a Walter Hagen bag, dirty but overall in good condition. The woods are Macgregor 693 Tommy Armour Tourney woods, 1-4. These were purchased brand new in 1948 by the owners father, he was only 14 at the time. So I am assuming these would be 1949 model year. They are in excellent condition, very well taken care of, no issues except the grips. The grips are Haig Ultra's and are definitely in need of replacing, rock hard. The irons I believe are a 1964 model year, they are the Macgregor Tourney CF4000 M2T black face irons, 2-9 plus the #11 pitching duty wedge. The grips on these are the original leather with the gold piping, very good condition and playable the way they are. These were also very well taken care of and show little wear on the club faces The set also includes an H&B Powerbilt #99 wedge, looks like a lob wedge, a Acushnet Bullseye putter and a John Mahoney #6 putter.

So never give up, keep looking, there is more to be found out there!

Walter Hagen bag and head covers

T5YOCNLLU4G1.jpg

7SSAM20IVY7I.jpg

Macgregor 693

F35KJI3DKE14.jpg

5G3CB1I5MHHW.jpg

YHQ0UZBS297K.jpg

Macgregor irons

7L2JP0UVM5ED.jpg

JMR5TUOTSLVP.jpg

PHJT6JAISJB4.jpg

• Like 3

I agree, it's the history of the set that blows me away. It's amazing when someone keeps something their whole life, but it's another thing when they keep it in such great condition. He must have loved these clubs. I think it would have been fun to meet the original owner and talk a little golf with him. It probably would have been pretty interesting. I could tell the son in law never played golf, he didn't know anything about it, and had no connection with the clubs. I did learn that he played at the University of Michigan's course in Ann Arbor most of the time. His best score was an 80 which he was quite proud of. The University's course opened in 1931, and was designed by Alister Mackenzie. Apparently Alister Mackenzie was also the designer of the Augusta National course.

The owners name is still on the bag, so I did a search. I think I found his father, but no info on him. The same name appears in a letter from the regents of the University of Michigan announcing the death of who I believe to be his father, same first initials and same last name. The age would fit perfectly in the time line. He was an assistant professor at the University of Michigan in the dentistry department and also had a private practice as an orthodontist. I guess that would explain as to why he played his golf at the University's course. His dad was probably a member. I find it ironic that I actually work there now, been there for 22 years. I have been by the course hundreds of times, but never played there. Maybe now I have a good reason to play there. It almost feels like it the right thing to do, to take them back out on the course they spent so much time at. Would be cool to get the rest of the story.

• Like 2

+2 Best condition set of old Macs that I've ever seen!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa