Pure745's 2015 Shootout - 915 D4 Trackman #'s Added

Pure745

Update 7/23:

A quick update and some Trackman info on the D4. A recent bag overhaul and wanting to get a bit more out of my driver than I was getting out of the Flex, specifically on slight misses, and the timing of the D4.. I finally got the D4 setup as it should be.

I will say the first few round with it were hit or miss, but the really good ones were really good and overall the ball flight was really straight. The Flex tends to spin a lot with slight misses, basically when I'm really bad, I wanted a little more help from it. I took the D4 in to Cool Clubs (the fitter knows my swing very well now at this point), he said that he wasn't sure I'd get what I was after with the D4, so I brought the D3 as a back up since it did pretty well against the Flex and others in terms of dispersion and was towards the top in terms of numbers.

On my 2nd ball with the D4 he said he hasn't seen me hit a ball like that in any shootout with any club.. I was pretty shocked and not knowing the numbers, it was really surprising to hear him say that (he is usually very ho-hum about most things :) )

The numbers from that ball were: (C3 was the setting)

120 SS, 180 BS, 1.49 SF, 12.2 LA, 1873 Spin, 313 Carry, 339 est Total

If you've been following my threads, my spin is usually in the 2300-2500ish range, so this was a pretty eye opening start to this session. Basically my numbers were great and the ball flight was very straight, but I would either slightly push or pull on misses.. and at this point I wasn't 100% at what I was after, which was something really reliable where I don't have to be on all the time to get max performance.

From there we went to A2, I made a few swings (documented in this report) that weren't 100% but were dead straight, I probably hit 4 balls on almost the same line. You can see the dispersion difference in the reports, but needless to say, I think the Flex might have been replaced. I have had a few low rounds recently with the D4 and Vapor Pro in bag, so we'll see if the D4 sticks. Also, I saw a few balls in the 181-182 range with the D4, something the D3 wasn't coming close to, I think the D3 was topping out for me at 178-79.

But here are the numbers for now, I didn't take the Flex for comparison because I didn't want to add too much into the equation since I really wanted to get the D4 dialed in.

ccb05502-905f-4842-a10d-86af9e171f46.png

f86c1f9e-1523-44e9-bbfd-8a833dd58615.png

==============================================================================================================

Pure745's 2015 Driver Shootout - 3/8/15 - We have a winner! (bottom of this post) + 3 Wood Trackman #'s added 4/8/15 (bottom of this post) :)

Intro . . .

I would like to start this off by thanking fellow WRX'ers who have made this thread productive and fun to do. It is hard to believe that this is the fourth year doing this and going on eight years on WRX. :drinks: For those that are reading this for the first time, these "Shootout" threads started in 2011 when I was having a tough time finding un-biased and real world information on clubs that I was interested in and began documenting my thoughts, findings, and results on WRX. Over the years the "Shootout" threads have evolved and the process which used to take entirely too long and cost way too much money has gotten slightly more time and cost efficient.

This year's thread started back in late 2014 when I was invited (non-WRX related) to a Nike event where the Vapor Pro and Speed were seen in person, along with the fairways and irons. I posted my initial thoughts and pictures in hand, and a few months later I was notified I would be going to the Oven for a WRX trip to test the Vapor line. This trip was an unbelievable experience, but I knew the Vapor line and any new '15 line was going to have a heck of a time kicking out the SLDR/Rogue 125 combo that won last year's shootout. Needless to say, OEM's went big this year and there are LOT of great options that probably will be giving your current driver a good scare. :)

About me . . .

Life has changed quite a bit over the 4 years of doing these Shootouts and so has my game, my index has been as low as a +2 and has high as a 1 with around 30 tournament rounds posted in 2014. I'm now 33 years old, and going on my 3rd year of joining a private club. My game has changed and improved quite a bit since joining and the amount of competitive golf has increased by a great margin. I have also started a pretty regimented workout and diet in May '14 which has increased my strength and flexibility and I have picked up a few yards this year as you will see in my numbers compared to last year. I feel very fortunate to have played in some of the invitational tournaments last year and to have played with some really great golfers and PGA pro's over the past year that have taught me quite about about myself and my game. In 2015 my goals are very simple, to get better and enjoy the game as much as possible.

My swing back in December with the Vapor Flex:

Current Driver and background . . .

As I mentioned earlier, the SLDR 460/Rogue 125 combo was really great for me last year, very long and dependable in tournament play. The SLDR setup was one of the best drivers I have owned and made driving one of the strengths in my game, the only thing I could ask for would be an improvement in dispersion and distance on slightly off center hits and if I'm begging a few more yards :) Fast forward to the Oven trip, I hit the highly anticipated Vapor Flex side by side, good for good, and the Flex beat my SLDR by 2-3MPH in ball speed (179 vs. 182). The trip was fast paced and little did I know that I wouldn't have the Flex in hand for months after that trip. I actually received the Flex in late December with our inter-club season starting in January, I really didn't want to tinker with my driver prior to this since this is a big deal to our club and I really wanted to improve on my performance last year. The Flex good for good was amazing, but I hit a few errant shots with it that had me questioning the overall playability. Insert the Vapor Pro, right off the bat this thing was very straight and long. Not as long as the Flex, but I found it much straighter. Could have been a few factors, but I have stuck with the Vapor Pro since then and started off my season with it in the bag.

Here is a snapshot of my competitive rounds so far with the Vapor Pro, it has definitely been my workhorse, and my stroke average is about 3 lower than last year. This is not 100% due to the driver, but the driver has been a huge factor in my matches.

35cc8dd3-ed5a-4ec1-b1cd-292e2d9909f7.png

Enough background, lets get to the Trackman session . . .

I mentioned there were a few curveballs in this session, you'll see them below and I'll try my best to explain my thought process while it's fresh in my head from yesterday. My criteria for picking a driver is NOT all about Trackman numbers. I have always been skeptical about choosing a driver strictly based on numbers for many reasons, one reason is that I don't think some of the numbers make a huge difference on the course, under pressure, when you NEED to hit a certain shot. With my current game, hitting the ball straight is a big deal, having predictable misses are a big deal, and having the ball in play is a really big deal. Let's not kid ourselves, I still want distance, max distance because I want every advantage I can get. So with that said, Trackman numbers are important, but more important is how the club actually performs and there are many factors that come into play here.

Trackman setup - Cool Clubs - Irvine, CA . . .

This was my view, the trees back there are the end of the driving range with a street behind them. You will see the distances on the overhead sheet from Trackman later, but this will give you a good idea of what you are actually seeing in the graphic.

Shootout%2015%20-%2039.jpg

Shootout%2015%20-%2024.jpg

The Lineup . . .

Shootout%2015%20-%2026.jpg

Shootout%2015%20-%2027.jpg

All shafts are Rogue 125's tipped 1" at 44.75"

Shootout%2015%20-%2020.jpg

Shootout%2015%20-%2029.jpg

From address (in no particular order) . . .

915 D3

Shootout%2015%20-%2030_1.jpg

R15 460

Shootout%2015%20-%2038.jpg

Vapor Flex

Shootout%2015%20-%2037.jpg

Big Bertha Alpha - Double Black Diamond

Shootout%2015%20-%2036.jpg

SLDR 460

Shootout%2015%20-%2035.jpg

Vapor Pro

Shootout%2015%20-%2034.jpg

Fly Z+

Shootout%2015%20-%2033.jpg

Ping G30 LS Tec

Shootout%2015%20-%2031.jpg

Shootout%2015%20-%2032.jpg

The numbers - the averages and "The Big 3 or 4" . . .

The Trackman session was very interesting for a few reason, some good, some bad. The good reasons are that Trackman gives you some really interesting data that you simply have no other way of obtaining. The bad reasons are that sometimes this data contradicts what you see on the course and what you know to be true based on experiences on the course and tournament play that you have found to be acceptable and can be counter productive. This session did just that, and is why I feel that driver/club decisions should be made based on a BLEND of information you have from Trackman and what you ACTUALLY see on the course and the other intangibles (sound, feel, looks) that can also influence the overall confidence you have in a club. I had to bold these parts because of the amount of reviews I see on here hit into nets and decisions based on numbers not in actual playing conditions. I like when fitters will give you a few recommendations for your specs based on fittings since on the course vs. on the Trackman could end up being two different things.

With all of that said <spoiler alert> there is no clear winner here yet, but it is pushing me to drill down to the best few drivers and really focus in on which of these is hands down the best for me. Typically in years past, this process would have taken me months to do what I found out in a few hours yesterday, another benefit of outdoor Trackman fittings.

Here are the averages from yesterday. A member asked if I could rank my swing from 1-10 yesterday, and I would rate it a 7. Another bad thing about Trackman fittings is that it is such a small sample of swings, this was the case for me yesterday as I didn't have my best stuff and hit a few wild balls, but overall I got more than enough information on what I needed focus my attention on. Honestly, I wish there was a clear cut winner, but to be fair to myself and my game, I really do need to go further with this process to find what is actually the best for me.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-14%20at%207.17.07%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-14%20at%207.18.01%20AM.png

The BIG 3 or 4? - R15 - 915 D3 - Vapor Flex - Vapor Pro

So if we were going strictly on the Trackman session, the Vapor Flex would have won. Overall distance, spin, LA, speed, dispersion was the best of all drivers and was the favorite of the fitter. The problem with that is that I have already found the Pro to be better overall on the course, or is it? So I took the Flex out yesterday and was hitting the sh%t out of it, it was about 10 yards longer than the Pro and dispersion wasn't as bad as initial testing.. I played "okay", and shot 70. I was really happy with that. I have listed the detailed numbers from the "Big 3 or 4" below so you can see the shots.

To elaborate on why the Big 3 are the Big 3 - the main factors are dispersion, playability, and numbers, these were the drivers that really shined overall. The Vapor Flex and R15 were absolutely smoking a few balls, so they would win based on numbers alone. The Vapor Pro was actually middle of the pack on Trackman, but has been exceptional under tournament conditions and really solid on the course. The 915 D3 was probably the straightest from what I saw, definitely went higher and IMO, there is room for me to improve this one a little bit.

R15 - The R15 seemed to be a better version of the SLDR for me. Shape looks great at address, sound and feel had been improved and the numbers were better than the SLDR as well. Add in additional forgiveness and there really isn't much not to like about this club.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-14%20at%207.18.44%20AM.png

915 D3 8.5 - The D3 definitely wasn't my favorite going into this, in fact, I thought it would get smoked by the other clubs. I was wrong, the 915 is a great club and overall performer. Dispersion was the best of the bunch and for that reason it is in the final bunch.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-14%20at%207.20.50%20AM.png

Vapor Flex - The Flex is just a monster. The best looking and sounding of the bunch, with crazy ball speed and spin numbers to back it up. There is a lot like about this club, but the biggest and most important factor in question is the overall playability.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-14%20at%207.20.00%20AM.png

Vapor Pro - The Pro has been a workhorse for me. Looks fantastic, sounds great, and is almost a blend of the Flex and the 915 D3. I'd say this is a very similar club to the 915 and would have a great chance of steering a few Titleist guys over to Nike. Not the best numbers, but has shown it's true colors on the course! The consistently lower smash factor is weird to me, but I wasn't swinging this one the best for some reason.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-14%20at%207.20.35%20AM.png

Most surprising?

The Cobra FlyZ+ was the biggest surprise. Although it didn't make the final cut, it's damn good! Anyone who is a huge Cobra fan HAS to try this one out. I found it to be night and day compared to the BCP and much better. Sound and feel are spectacular, this head in black would look awesome. It was really close to making the final group but the others just had more that I liked overall.

What about the BBA DBD and G30 LST?

Without going too far into it, the DBD was the most disappointing of the bunch. Last year it was the Covert 2.0, this year was the DBD. The numbers on the averages make this club look far better that it was in real life. I actually found last years BBA to be better. Everyone is different and results vary, but I didn't like the DBD at all.

The Ping G30 LST is very low spinning and will be a great club for ping fans looking to drop spin significantly, and I mean significantly. I hit a few that were just knuckling under 2K rpms. The bad is that it is UGLY.. it looks terrible, and there is no way I can sugar coat that. It sounds and feels okay, but other than that I would have to be a die hard Ping fan to use it.

So what next?

Right now I have the Flex in the bag since it did technically win the Shootout on numbers and dispersion based on that session. I have a USGA qualifier coming up soon and if I have a bad round before then I'm going to be using the Vapor Pro in that round. After that I will be dialing in the R15 and 915D3. I might do one more Trackman session with just those clubs and then I will finalize with an overall winner. IF the Titleist wins, my bag will be going back to 100% Titleist due to pure OCD reasons and it's a really solid tournament proven bag that can be swapped in immediately if needed :)

UPDATE 2/23 - The Final TWO

After a lot of thought about the numbers, some insightful comments and feedback on here, and my own thoughts on my game and the feedback I have from hitting all the clubs - I have come down to the final two drivers.. VAPOR PRO and 915 D3. I thought a lot about the Trackman session and the numbers and how playable each club really was without me having to mess with anything. The best two were the Vapor Pro and 915 D3. The Flex won out on sheer numbers and in the Trackman session, I actually hit it the straightest, but I know for a fact this is not what happens on the golf course. The Vapor Pro and 915 are actually quite similar in numbers, and today I went to a trustworthy source to get fit for Titleist (not Cool Clubs) from a fitter who has played with me before and is a great player himself. We ended up with the 915 D3 8.5 (C1 setting) where I was getting balls in the 12˚ LA and 1900-2300 spin (depending on the strike) and the 915 F 16.5˚ 3WD (B1 setting) with the AD DI 8X with the option of the P95. The Titleist clubs have been built and I will dial them on the course and eventually get the two setups back on Trackman to confirm the numbers and real world results before finalizing this. My goal with the 3 wood is to find something stupid easy to hit that launches really high with mid spin but nothing too crazy that will balloon. The Nike Flex was confirmed to be really good by the Titleist fitter, but the 915 F really crept in there with some really nice balls hit and hit very high and soft. All of this needs to be confirmed on the course, I plan on doing it this week. So anyways, here are the final two setups!

Vapor Pro 8.5 ˚ Neutral - Rogue 125 70TX

Shootout15-11.jpg

Vapor Flex 16˚ - Right - Rombax P95

Shootout%2015%20-%2042.jpg

Titleist 915D3 8.5˚ - Rogue 125 70TX

Shootout%2015%20-%2040.jpg

Titleist 915F - 16.5˚ - AD DI-8X

Shootout%2015%20-%2041.jpg

Comparison

Drivers:

Shootout%2015%20-%2044.jpg

3WD's

Shootout%2015%20-%2043.jpg

UPDATE 3/8 - And the WINNER is???

Before we get into the winner, I want to talk about how it won, why, and the process to get to where I am at today. When I first started this, I thought that the Vapor Flex was going to walk away with this one and it did, on paper, but on course it was a different story for me. Good for good it produced a ball that was unreal, but I had some weird left shots that were dive bombing and just really couldn't play a driver that had that miss. Then it was the Vapor Pro, it performed great in the heat of battle and was just so playable. So good on the course that it overshadowed the shortcomings on the Trackman sessions. Next came the 915D3, sneaky long, and a great performer in the Shootout, great launch, really low spin and a great look at address. The downfall? The worst sounding driver I have hit this year and really not what I expect from Titleist in that department. The upside is that if the 915 won, I would have it hotmelted and dialed in by Cool Clubs, so really not a huge deal, just an annoyance.

For the 915, I rolled the dice and got fit by a Titleist fitter who I trust, but indoors on Flightscope. I will say this again, and I'm not sure why I don't take my own advice half the time, indoor fittings are just not that effective. I took the 915 D3 8.5 set to C1 to the course, it was good, but I felt it had room for improvement.

Trackman Session #2 - Cool Clubs Driver Fitting

At this point, I didn't trust the indoor fitting at all, especially after putting it in play and seeing the results after a few rounds. I like the Vapor Pro the best and it performs on the course, but with the feedback of the fitter at Cool Clubs and what I saw to confirm the numbers, I just felt we can do better. The Flex, I didn't trust fully but I can't argue with the numbers and the good for good results I saw on the course, it was just too much to turn my back on.

915 D3 - After the indoor fitting we were at C1. Literally after 2 swings on Trackman we went to D2 and saw a night and day difference. Keep in mind that my usual shot is pretty straight or a slight cut. My miss is usually overcooked right, so we went with more draw bias to that if I did turn it over, it's a slight pull and misses would be much straighter. This was definitely the case, the 915 D3 was going to be really tough to beat on this setting.

Vapor Pro - My favorite going into this point, but not after I just saw the 915 on the D2 setting, I knew this was going to be interesting. The first Trackman session, I just was not hitting the Vapor Pro well at all so I thought I could prove the fitter wrong on this one :) I was wrong. The ball speed and spin were just not in the same realm as the 915 D3 now was, and definitely not close to the Flex, although more playable.

Vapor Flex - The wildcard and the club that "won" the Shootout initially based on pure numbers, but not in playability. We tried 9.5N-Mid, 10.5N-Low, 10.5N-Mid. The numbers again were the best, but I just wasn't hitting as straight as the D3. I didn't want to fight it and try to force any certain club to work over another.. but STILL in the back of my mind I'm thinking "if I can just tame this beast, it's a no brainer". We ran out of time (I was late) and had to stop there.

At this point I was frustrated that I was late and didn't have time to fully dial in my driver and would have to do MORE testing to find that "ah-ha" moment where I'm committed to something without any doubts. I was happy with what I saw with the 915 D3 so I put it in the bag and used it in a practice match. It performed pretty well, but nothing too crazy, definitely gained distance on misses and it was a little better and longer than the Vapor Pro on off center hits, I missed 1 shot right which cost me a hole but overall it was good.. just really LOUD!

The only thing in my mind at this point was maximizing the performance and playability of the Vapor Flex, this should be the driver I use right? Best numbers by far, looks/sounds great, I've seen it do some amazing things on the course, but I have also seen the flip side of that coin. Last resort, reached out to a fitter at Nike I met at the Oven. He suggested a new setting that I have yet to try on the Flex.. 10.5R-Mid. Took this to the course and the results were very promising, but still too much right in it for my fade.

Trackman Session #3 - Cool Clubs 3WD/Driver Fitting

This fitting was the 2nd part of my first fitting and was to dial in a 3 wood (to be discussed later) and to ultimately finalize my driver. At this point, the Vapor Pro was somewhat out of the question due to the 915 D3's performance and that I already knew what the Vapor Pro does. This was specifically a last attempt to dial in the Flex and get numbers on the new setting from Nike and then to compare that to the 915 D3.

• Vapor Flex - I told the fitter about my conversation with Nike and we just went from there with the Flex as the focal point. The first two balls were smoked, with my usual fade. He really liked this setting that Nike suggested, and I hit a few more and basically felt we were on to something. He wanted to experiment with a crazy setting that I would have NEVER guessed on my own, but was the setting that worked really well in my Flex 3 wood and 915 FD. It was the LEFT setting.. the setting that has never been touched. We set it to 10.5L-Mid and it was hands down the best session on Trackman and dispersion was inline or better than what I saw with the D3 or Vapor Pro, add to that the numbers were the best and the misses were really good. Next step.. take it to the course, and after 54 holes..

THE WINNER . . . NIKE VAPOR FLEX :smilie_nike: :drinks:

Shootout15-6.jpg

Shootout15-4.jpg

After 3 rounds with this driver setup the way it did, I trust the misses I was seeing, and the crazy distance gained on misses from optimal spin/launch numbers. Basically the higher launch I was seeing in the Vapor Pro that I liked was really climbing (especially on mishits) and Trackman really confirmed this. My misses were really losing a lot of distance, even though straight, were a good 10-15 yards behind a miss with the Flex optimized. The ball flight on the Flex launches a bit higher and does not climb but is a flatter trajectory with less spin and a lower AoD so the ball will release when it lands. The optimized setting got rid of that weird left ball and my misses are very predictable. Almost like it is not even the same club I was hitting when it was in the 9.5N-Low setting. Good for good, this driver is one of the longest I have hit and with the right setting the Flex has really proved me wrong. I will happily eat my words on the playability after what I have seen in the extensive testing and on course performance. I should also note that one of the key factors to this setting working well was that the driver from address still looks square/open even on the LEFT setting, this is key because in the past it has been hard for me to find a driver that sets up well but isn't overly right biased which forces me to turn the club over more than my stock shot likes to. The LEFT setting really holds my ball online on my overcooked right misses, and really is nice to see on the course.

The numbers look like this, I'm waiting for Cool Clubs to send a modified view for the driver only, because it's pretty cool to see the differences in what the settings actually do. The conditions during this session were a slight wind in and swirling (about 5-6 mph) but not consistent, so these numbers were REALLY good for me conditions that weren't as perfect as I've had before on Trackman and amplified the spin/ballooning.

Note: the spin doubled on one shot so the average spin is actually 2719.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-08%20at%207.25.53%20PM.png

UPDATE - 4/8/15 - Tour Issue Vapor Speed Limited (Glued Hosel) vs. OTR Flex

Here are the numbers from the tour issue "Vapor Speed Limited" with the W80x from the Oven, it was hit in comparison to the OTR Flex with P95 that was dialed in at Cool Clubs.

Shootout%2015%20-%2052.jpg

All shots hit from the ground:

fd9ff4cb-a289-4944-ab60-1c9316e2e082.png

OTR Flex w/ P95 set to 16L

ad9b0e62-5c3a-479e-beb1-2f9e0f06bdf3.png

Side by side:

b4edb3bc-09cd-43b0-b59c-a3a232699a64.png

Goal is to have the ball landing softer when hit off the turf, these shots were all hit from the ground:

e2d7bb69-0c0d-4bf7-a1b6-e0530d7e997e.png

Dispersion:

5bda58f2-7b4e-4bbf-9aa3-b04cd9db35d2.png

Well, that's it for now. Thank you all for reading and all of the input, feedback, and enthusiasm! :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you live a good life. Can't wait to here more. Did you see the wedges?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Awesome stuff, sounds cool.

So which is faster: Vapor Pro ball speed or Kenny on his way to 2nd base?

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

The Pro looks amazing. I love my CT 2.0 so it will take a lot to get that out of the bag...

This driver could accomplish that.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-20: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

Very cool. Thanks for your mini review. I'm excited to try the new vapor pro out. I really liked the ct 2.0, but just couldn't hit it consistently as I'd like. Loved the look, shape, feel and sound, but the results weren't where I wanted them. I think it was more due to the high swing weight. My ct2.0 had a D8 swing weight when I weighed it at RD. Hopefully the vapor pro will have a touch lighter head. Really looking forward to the vapor pro and the vapor pro combos.

Titleist TSR3 9* Diamana ZF 60s
Titleist TSR3 15* Kai'li 70s

TM SIM2 Ti 19* Kai'li 70s

Titleist TSR3 24* Atmos Blue 8s
Srixon ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX6 46,50,54,58 
Betti BB46 or QB6 or Betti BB Proto

I havent done much reading, but will the covert line adapters fit into these heads?? Ive had this same shaft in 3 different heads and im pretty set on keeping it.. But I want to try the vapor pro. I miss my vr tour and that compression channel making a comeback makes me feel excited in places golf clubs shouldnt excite me...

Cobra Aerojet 8* Tensei White 2.0 Prototype 65TX
Titleist TSi3 15*. Tensei AV Raw White 80x.
Cobra Tour Forged 3i. X100.
Cobra CB 4-6. X100. 

Cobra MB 7-PW. X100.
Vokey SM9 50, 56, 60. TT X100  
Spyder X Hydroblast Flow Neck

Sounds like a fantastic time & thanks for taking the time to share your experience & the photo's.The stuff looks great!!!!!

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

Love the driver pics but especially excited by your quick review of the Vapor Pro Combo irons.

Does the driver not have an alignment aid?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

How'd the weight feel compared to the 2.0?

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[quote name='Kwward11' timestamp='1412042614' post='10209643']
I havent done much reading, but will the covert line adapters fit into these heads?? Ive had this same shaft in 3 different heads and im pretty set on keeping it.. But I want to try the vapor pro. I miss my vr tour and that compression channel making a comeback makes me feel excited in places golf clubs shouldnt excite me...
[/quote]Yes, the adapters are backwards compatible, or forwards compatible (however you want to look at it). The new adapter is the same functionally but I think it was said 5 grams lighter.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1412043799' post='10209787']
Head shape of the pro is as good as anything that I've seen.
[/quote]

Have to agree. And honestly I LOVE those graphics. Nike is bringing the heat this year.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I am loving the address pictures and the look of the swoosh with sunlight is perfect (black and yellow just like my Hawkeyes and cart bag). I cannot wait to hit these, I think they have huge potential to replace my Coverts and could stay in the bag longer. I am impatiently awaiting the Trackman review. Keep up the amazing work Pure! Also would love to see the Pro side by side to the new D3. Don't think I will have enough game for the Flex if it is sub 430 though.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1412041477' post='10209517']
Damn you live a good life. Can't wait to here more. Did you see the wedges?
[/quote]

I didn't, but heard good things about them. Also they might be available in a raw finish.

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1412041635' post='10209527']
Awesome stuff, sounds cool.

So which is faster: Vapor Pro ball speed or Kenny on his way to 2nd base?
[/quote]

Kenny is the man. Great golfer, and I had a great time golfing with him. For the tournament, there was a card in our cart that had my name and his, I was going ot have him sign it but the cart guys took it away before I could grab it. My friend is great friends with him, so I'm sure I will play with him again.

[quote name='bruinmw' timestamp='1412042225' post='10209595']
Very cool. Thanks for your mini review. I'm excited to try the new vapor pro out. I really liked the ct 2.0, but just couldn't hit it consistently as I'd like. Loved the look, shape, feel and sound, but the results weren't where I wanted them. I think it was more due to the high swing weight. My ct2.0 had a D8 swing weight when I weighed it at RD. Hopefully the vapor pro will have a touch lighter head. Really looking forward to the vapor pro and the vapor pro combos.
[/quote]

I had the same exact results. My driver was at D8.5 with a 70g shaft in it, and it just threw the flex and shaft performance off. It was much more time and cost effective to just go with the SLDR/Rogue. The Flexloft adapter is supposed to be 30% or so lighter and I believe they said the head is supposed to be a bit lighter.

[quote name='Kwward11' timestamp='1412042614' post='10209643']
[/quote]

I believe the old adapters will fit the new ones, the new ones are just lighter.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Wow that looks so much better in real light pics and I loved the press release photos. Can't wait for more info and hard numbers, thanks Tai!

PING G430 LST 9deg VA composites Nemesys 6X
Cally Rogue ST TD T AD DI 7TX
Nike VFP 2i Oban Kiyoshi purple reserve X
Nike VFP 4i Oban Kiyoshi purple 100X
Muira MC501 Oban 115x
Vokey SM8 48, indigo 52F, wedgeworks 56K, TVD 58M
welded long neck tour rat

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1412041105' post='10209469']
what were the stock shafts in the Pro, Regular and PC Irons ?
[/quote]

Pro - Dynamic Gold
PC - Dynamic Gold Pro
Speed - Dynalite 105

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

[quote name='texasdave' timestamp='1412042621' post='10209647']
Love the driver pics but especially excited by your quick review of the Vapor Pro Combo irons.

Does the driver not have an alignment aid?
[/quote]

The driver does not. I loved the Pro Combo's, especially since if/when I get a Nike Vapor set built, it will be a Blade/PC combo set, exactly like my Titleist set now. The PC's initially felt more forgiving than my 714MB's do. Again, will need more time.. but that was my initial reaction.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1412044046' post='10209809']
Were you able to play the pro out on the course? Or just on the range?

How much did the new flexloft improve the feel of the head in your opinion?
[/quote]

Hit it on the course. It felt and sounded a lot better than the Covert line.. almost like 65% VR LTD 35% Covert in terms of sound. Has a softer sound and feel.

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1412044201' post='10209827']
[/quote]

Have to agree. And honestly I LOVE those graphics. Nike is bringing the heat this year.
[/quote]

Agree with you both. I have always loved the shape of Nike's driver heads, and the graphics look really cool in person, those of you who have followed my posts know my feelings on graphics and red paint :tongue: . My buddy had the Vapor regular model with a Tour Spec in it, it looked really cool when he was swinging it. He has a little lower club head speed than I do, and hit a few bombs out there with it.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1412046274' post='10210005']
[/quote]

I would have to agree with this. The 3 fwy is dead sexy too!
[/quote]

Vapor Pro 3WD looked really good, definitely better than the Covert 2.0 line IMHO. I only hit 3 balls with it on the range, but it seemed to be very nice as well. I did get to see the 915 FD today in person, it looks fantastic. I wish I was able to get side by sides with that one, it would have been a great comparison picture as well.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Another thread by Pure745 inspiring stupid amounts of jealousy. Thanks for the pics, what's the stock shaft in the Vapor Speed driver? It looks different from the Pro (color wise) and I thought I read somewhere it was some sort of Fubuki? Weird to offer a totally different shaft line between driver models but maybe not, I just haven't seen that before. Also, did you see the performance (or I guess "speed" now) fairways? How'd they look? Thanks.

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

The Vapor Pro is sexy, but I can see the Vapor in my bag. They both look great!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Oh and thanks for the putter pic, can never get enough of those!! :nyam:

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='pr1mo990' timestamp='1412048498' post='10210149']
Another thread by Pure745 inspiring stupid amounts of jealousy. Thanks for the pics, what's the stock shaft in the Vapor Speed driver? It looks different from the Pro (color wise) and I thought I read somewhere it was some sort of Fubuki? Weird to offer a totally different shaft line between driver models but maybe not, I just haven't seen that before. Also, did you see the performance (or I guess "speed" now) fairways? How'd they look? Thanks.
[/quote]

The "Speed" driver had a Tour Spec in it, it was my friends. It wasn't the stock shaft, not sure what the stock shaft is, but I believe the Pro had some sort of Diamana with a soft touch sort of coating like the Prototype Rogues have. I saw the Speed fairway's but immediately went to the Pro head, looks amazing. The speed looked good, but not as good as the Pro.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Very nice. Thanks for the input and photos.

PRO looks very sexy. Awesome that there is no alignment aid on the driver heads.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Pro looks great! Shape is as good as anything and looks a little shorter heel-to-toe than the CT2.0?

The giant hosel on the pro/tour fairways still irks me though.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

What shaft was in the Pro 3W??

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]