G-MEN UNITE

ShortSticks

Play the G driver, G hybrid, and if I can snag a G or Anser 3 wood head for a deal that'll knock the Exotics out. Irons I'm gaming the S55's and couldn't be happier with a set of irons. I'd love some iBlades, but definitely not worth it to change for me. Glide 2.0 wedges just blend with the set perfectly. However, don't think any Ping putter will ever take the place of my SeeMore.

Never used to even try Ping clubs. Then I hit the S55's, put em in my bag. Slowly but surely have converted to entirely Ping.

Ping G 9* w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.5
Ping i25 15* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 7.2x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping s55 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1

Just ordered a short set of G400 irons. Previous models owned - G2, G5, G10, G15, G30, G, Rapture and Rapture V2, K15.

Nice, let us know how you get on with them. I am currently down to one G-series iron set in my house, the G30's. I owned them, got rid of them, and then picked up another set. I just did the same with Mizuno 900 Hot Metals. Sometimes I stray, but then come back to what works. The G30's were always good to me, and I loved the look and the performance.

I gave the G25's a run on a couple of occasions, but the sole interaction with the G25's was not good for me. The G30's were and are much better fit for me. I got rid of a set of G's, because they were fine but did not offer much over the G30's for me. I was planning on hitting the G400's at a demo day recently, but it got rained out. Enjoy. Can't go wrong with Ping G's!

Callaway Epic Max 9* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 665 Evolution II TS R

Callaway Epic 5 Wood and Epic Flash 7 Wood, Accra FX 2.0 200F M3

Srixon Z H85 4 Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.0

Ping G425 Irons 5-UW, Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW (54*/10) and LW (58*/10), TT DG Spinner Wedge

Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

Just ordered a short set of G400 irons. Previous models owned - G2, G5, G10, G15, G30, G, Rapture and Rapture V2, K15.

:lol: That's funny.

You "missed" the G20s, the ONLY Ping irons I've EVER gotten along with (and now can't seem to give up/improve upon :russian_roulette: ).

I bought and tried (and subsequently sold of course) the G30s and Gs. Just awful. :ninja:

Just shows to go ya. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Hzrdus Yellow HC 6.0 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrids 17*, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey V-Line (Today)

Titleist ProV1 (Yellow)

:lol: That's funny.

You "missed" the G20s, the ONLY Ping irons I've EVER gotten along with (and now can't seem to give up/improve upon :russian_roulette: ).

I bought and tried (and subsequently sold of course) the G30s and Gs. Just awful. :ninja:

Just shows to go ya. :dntknw:

Same here, G20s are the ones I have bonded with. I had G15s but did not like the shafts, so I got the G20s the day they came out and they have been in the bag ever since. I too have tried all the other G irons and none have played as well for me as the G20. Go figure.

The G400s sure do look good though.

My G400 irons are still in the build process, but the shop loaned me his demos. Same shaft as I ordered, but black dot. I ordered green. These clubs will redefine my distance/club selection. I used to use a W from 100yds, now it is UW. This proved out all the way up the set to the 6i. They are about 1 club longer than my G10 irons were. High flight, solid sounding and feeling. Beautiful pearl finish. The CB ALTA graphite shaft is just the right weight for me. They play like a big shovel but look smaller at address. Nice iron!

• PING G400SFT 12*
  • PING G400 4h, 5h
  • Callaway XROS 7h
  • PING G400 8,9,W,UW
  • Callaway SureOut 56* SW
  • Odyssey VLine

• 5 months later...

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been a couple of years since my last G-iron foray but that's been rectified: bought a set of G25's.:) Like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Can't wait to get them out on the course. Gonna check loft and lie to make sure no monkey business has gone on but they look right so not worried. Paid less than $200 shipped for a 5-UW set. Happy as a clam!

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 4 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser - the "real deal!"

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been a couple of years since my last G-iron foray but that's been rectified: bought a set of G25's. :) Like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Can't wait to get them out on the course. Gonna check loft and lie to make sure no monkey business has gone on but they look right so not worried. Paid less than $200 shipped for a 5-UW set. Happy as a clam!

Good on ya' man. You are forgiven. Knew you would rejoin the club at some stage. Sold my copper ISI's and went for a set of G's. Had to lose some weight in the shafts as getting older and S300's to AMT 2.0's was a great move. Enjoy your G25's man.

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been a couple of years since my last G-iron foray but that's been rectified: bought a set of G25's. :) Like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Can't wait to get them out on the course. Gonna check loft and lie to make sure no monkey business has gone on but they look right so not worried. Paid less than $200 shipped for a 5-UW set. Happy as a clam!

You had me worried Ness. I didn't think you were ever coming back! :)

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Taylormade M2 3 wood

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Titleist 714AP2, 4-GW, Ping Glide 58ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Ha, can't keep me away...

I've got some Recoil pulls that could use a new home so thinking about slamming those in. We'll see.

The G410's are rumored to have less offset so that may ignite the G-men community here when they are released. Hope Ping managed to improve the sound some too. If they can do that I think they will have another big winner on their hands...

I've got some Recoil pulls that could use a new home so thinking about slamming those in. We'll see.

The G410's are rumored to have less offset so that may ignite the G-men community here when they are released. Hope Ping managed to improve the sound some too. If they can do that I think they will have another big winner on their hands...

Former member here (G2 then G15). Haven’t loved my iron play, this year, since switching to Wilson V4. Love the looks but not the distance penalty on mishits. I’m not pulling the ripcord, yet, but I may be doing some testing this offseason. I like the idea of the new generation of hollow body offerings. Nessism coming back into the fold, isn’t helping my cause...

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75

Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

That's my biggest knock on the G's and the 400's is the feel (sound) . It seems these thin faced irons all lose that solid feel. I'll probably go back to my G25's next season once I figure out what shaft I want in them. The regular CFS shafts just spin so much and launch so high I lose all kinds of distance.

Taylormade M2 3 wood

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Bettinardi Queen B 6

That's my biggest knock on the G's and the 400's is the feel (sound) . It seems these thin faced irons all lose that solid feel. I'll probably go back to my G25's next season once I figure out what shaft I want in them. The regular CFS shafts just spin so much and launch so high I lose all kinds of distance.

Yep I know what you mean about feel and sound. It took me a few rounds to get used to them but I'm glad I preserved. I had nothing to lose anyway, as I picked up a set of G's 4-UW, in my specs, for less than 400 bucks and they were in great condition. Got them looking like new after giving them a Scotchbrite pads and Bar Keepers Friends bath!

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

If that happens I’ll be coming back to the “G-Men” group. Previously played the g25 and g30, but left for the ie1 and i200. Absolutely love the fee of the i200’s, and they have plenty of forgiveness, especially in the 8-UW, but feel like I may save a shot or two around with the g’s in the 5-7...

Ping g425 Max 10.5 Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

Ping g425 17* hybrid Evenflow Black
Ping g425 19* hybrid Evenflow Black 
Ping g425 5-SW Modus 105 

Edel SMS 58* V Grind Modus 115
Seemore m5 HT
TaylorMade TP5

I'm thinking of dipping my toes in these waters. I've played almost strictly players irons - currently alternating between iblades and MP18 blades. Just not scoring at the moment, and a big reason for that is my iron play. It's always been a strength of my game, but recently I seem to be hitting a lot of crooked shots with my irons and, frankly, I could use a bit of extra distance. Looking at g400s and i210s.

Any of the "G Men" make a similar switch?

I'm thinking of dipping my toes in these waters. I've played almost strictly players irons - currently alternating between iblades and MP18 blades. Just not scoring at the moment, and a big reason for that is my iron play. It's always been a strength of my game, but recently I seem to be hitting a lot of crooked shots with my irons and, frankly, I could use a bit of extra distance. Looking at g400s and i210s.

On a weekly basis. :) I switch back and forth between my S56's and the G25's quite often.

Taylormade M2 3 wood

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Sorry to say but I doubt you would be happy. The G's have a lot of offset and are large compared to the clubs you are used too. The sole is wide too. Demo before purchase for sure.

On a weekly basis. :) I switch back and forth between my S56's and the G25's quite often.

My two favorite ping irons of all time!

Sorry to say but I doubt you would be happy. The G's have a lot of offset and are large compared to the clubs you are used too. The sole is wide too. Demo before purchase for sure.

I actually don’t mind the offset or the look at address. My only real concern would be turf interaction with the wider sole and feel off the face. I loved the feel of the G25s when I tried them In the past, but the thinner faced irons concern me. The wide sole will either be “boom or bust” for me. I use the glide 2.0 stealth Wide sole and love it. Maybe some fat bottoms are what I need!

I’m going to demo next weekend. My course has a ping cart, so I should be able to take some out for a head to head.

Most of them (us?).

The problem in the G series is not performance. They flat out perform, shot after shot. The issue is that many of the designs are hideous, if you prefer the look of a player’s cavity back. That seems to be the number one reason that people stray. The performance benefits are what brings them (us?) back. Like I said in a previous post, I love the look/setup and feel of well struck shots with my W/S v4 but I may be back to a G, next season.

Most of them (us?).

The problem in the G series is not performance. They flat out perform, shot after shot. The issue is that many of the designs are hideous, if you prefer the look of a player’s cavity back. That seems to be the number one reason that people stray. The performance benefits are what brings them (us?) back. Like I said in a previous post, I love the look/setup and feel of well struck shots with my W/S v4 but I may be back to a G, next season.

It’s so true. I watched Rick shiels’ review of the G400s online this morning. I watch a lot of his reviews, and the guy’s typical sequence of shots is 4-5 pull draws left of target and a “Toey” miss (not knocking his swing or his reviews, just making the point that he generally hits the ball left of target with his draw). With the G400s, he hit the first several shots dead down the line with much less curvature and a very high level of accuracy. My thought after watching his review was “why in the world are these not in his bag?” My next thought was “why in the world am I not playing these irons?”

It’s a dramatic difference in looks. I’m just curious if I could get past it.

Most of them (us?).

It’s so true. I watched Rick shiels’ review of the G400s online this morning. I watch a lot of his reviews, and the guy’s typical sequence of shots is 4-5 pull draws left of target and a “Toey” miss (not knocking his swing or his reviews, just making the point that he generally hits the ball left of target with his draw). With the G400s, he hit the first several shots dead down the line with much less curvature and a very high level of accuracy. My thought after watching his review was “why in the world are these not in his bag?” My next thought was “why in the world am I not playing these irons?”

It’s a dramatic difference in looks. I’m just curious if I could get past it.

And he’s playing the Wilson V6, lol. It is a mental issue, only.

Does anyone have idea when the new g irons will look like? Couple of threads on it. Was just wondering anyone on this thread has any info. Thanks

As far as I know there aren't any pics around yet.

Taylormade M2 3 wood

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I switched to the Ping Rapture v2s after years and years of playing several different G sets. The Raptures are pretty much a G series with titanium faces.

Driver - 9.5* TM JetSpeed
Wood - 15* TM JetSpeed
Hybrid - TM SuperFast 3 & 4
Irons - Ping Rapture V2s 5-UW
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 54*
Putter - Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Ball - Bridgestone e6

I hope so, the tungsten toe weighting and titanium face is money. Hell, just add tungsten to the perimeter/toe of the G-series for the added benefit(sleeker design/even more forgviving).

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Cally Rogue X 18.5* 4i, Diamana 70 S, 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5"

Vokey SM8 54.14F(2*weak), 60.10S(4*weak)

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Slant Pipe // Byron GSS DH89 Long Slant // GOAT NP2 Tiger Putter

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been a couple of years since my last G-iron foray but that's been rectified: bought a set of G25's.:) Like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Can't wait to get them out on the course. Gonna check loft and lie to make sure no monkey business has gone on but they look right so not worried. Paid less than $200 shipped for a 5-UW set. Happy as a clam!

Nice! I am on the hunt for a set of good condition G25 irons as well. At least until the new G410s come out!

Since getting the G25's my Hot Metal's have been sidelined. I installed some Recoil 95 pulls and really enjoy the clubs. Even though my local course has hard pan lies galore I don't find the classic high G-series bounce a handicap at all. In fact, my best shots today were off rock hard lies.