2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

Hey guys in considering changing the shaft in my cb. I currently have dgpros300 in them. I want to reduce the spin a bit but stay in the same flex and maybe a touch lighter. I was thinking kbs ctaper lite s at 110g.

Do you think the kbs should spin less than the dg pro?

Yes. The C-Tapers lite will spin less. Flex felt a little stiffer for me. But that was a good thing. The C-Tapers lite and Modus 120 shafts are my favorites. Less spin. More distance. Better feel. And does not hurt my elbow

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will buy the driver. It looks promising. I just picked up the Cobra King F6 to try. If it doesn't beat my J815 driver, I might pass on the JGR. The J815 driver is very long for me and I really can't imagine another being longer with my average swing speed

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

The JGR line on anyone's radar?

Looking at the Driver. Will Testdrive when the weather warms up.

Titleist TS2 10.5* Diamana LTD S+

Titleist 917f2 13.5*, 16.5*, 21* Diamana LTD S+

Titleist 818h1 23*, 25* Evenflow Blue

Bridgestone Tour B X-CBP 5-Pw KBS $Taper

Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, 60* KBS $Taper

Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

Sun Mountain H2NO Superlite Cart, 2.5+

Hey guys in considering changing the shaft in my cb. I currently have dgpros300 in them. I want to reduce the spin a bit but stay in the same flex and maybe a touch lighter. I was thinking kbs ctaper lite s at 110g.

Do you think the kbs should spin less than the dg pro?

Yes. The C-Tapers lite will spin less. Flex felt a little stiffer for me. But that was a good thing. The C-Tapers lite and Modus 120 shafts are my favorites. Less spin. More distance. Better feel. And does not hurt my elbow

id also try the tour-v, think its 110g in S. A good friend of mine just put them in his 545's and is now hitting absolute lasers, low spin, mid launch and unreal dispersion.

I started playing these in Steelfiber i95 S for 2015 and played a few other irons (JPX 850 forged, Ping Ie1) but I keep coming back to the J15CBs. These will be my gamers for 2016 as well. Best combo of looks, playability, forgiveness, distance packed into a single iron set. If you have the correct shaft in there, even if you leave, most will end up coming back to these beauties.

[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]G400 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 60S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]G400 14.5* Kuro Kage XM 70 S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]G400 Hybrid 19* Tour 85 S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]i200 4, iblade 5~PW Steelfiber i95R or [color=#800000][b]Srixon[/b][/color] z565 4~6, z765 7~AW Steelfiber i95S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, Glide 58ES
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]Ketsch Heavy 34 Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0 Countercore
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]Hoofer 14

I am looking at the J15CB irons. I am currently playing to a 8HC. I have played the Tour Preferred 08 TM irons for the past 6 years.

Is there a big difference between the stock dg PRO and KBS Stiff in these?

Has anyone done the test drive? Is it as easy as it sounds?

My J15 cb's have the DG pros S300's and I love them. The feel is a heavy smooth transition. Very workable shaft and great on any turf. It's NOT harsh like hitting off of hard pan with C-Taper stiff's. The C-Taper stiff's dispersion is going to be a little tighter. I've never played the KBS Tour V's.

To me it's similar to the PX 6.0 stiff. This shaft is perfect for "My Game" but everyone's different so test them out before buying.

As for the J15 cb head - Super Awesome! hope this helps.

Callaway Paradym TD 9.5* - Fuji Blue TR 6s & New Blue Velocore+ 6s

2021 Callaway UW 17* & 21* - Fuji Red Ventus Velocore 7X
Callaway Apex TCB  4-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped 1"

Callaway Jaws Forged TI red dots 52@50/56@55/60*& Jaws Raw Z grind 60*z, DG TI S400

2021 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K DW
Ball: 2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X -tested, great feel & spin!

In the market for new irons and I keep coming back to this thread. About me, 60 years old can still get the driver up to 103-105 when I really go after it. About 5 years ago I got the 6 iron swing up to 91 via the Mizuno shaft optimizer. At that time it spat out DG S300, Project X 6.0 and KBS Tour if I remember right. Except for leaving the game in the 80's for 10 years I've been playing since Nixon was president. Grew up playing Sam Snead Blue Ridge extremely harsh blades. Since coming back in the 90's I've played ISI knockoffs, Goldsmith forged blades with Rifle shafts like Scott Verplank was playing (loved those), Titleist Tour Models with DG X100, Hogan Sunburst blades with Hogan 4's, 1999 Hogan Apex with Hogan 4's. Around 2006 got a deal on a new set of 2003 Hogan Apex blades with Hogan 4's. Played with those sparingly while I had the 1999 Apex's. Around that same time I got a steal on the bay for a new set of Bridgestone J33 CB's with DG S300 Super Lights. It was around this time that I did the Mizuno shaft thing. Ended up selling the 1999 Apex's, reshafted the 2003 Hogans and J33's with Project X 6.0's. Loved those shafts and still do. Since then I have mainly played with the J33's but last year I reshafted those with Project X 5.5 Flighted shafts as I noticed I was starting to lose a little distance with the 6.0's. I sold the Hogans so now all I have are the J33 CB's.

I know, try before you buy. I will and I'm trying to do as much research as possible. At first I was inclined to try Ping S55's and Ping I E1's. Loved the look of the S55's did not like the look of the I's, too much offset for me. About 6 months ago I was wandering through a local PGA Superstore and I remembered looking at the Bridgestone J15 CB and MB. Absolutely loved the look of both especially the MB. At the time I wondered about that wide sole on the CB. Also wondered if I could really hit a pure MB anymore. So I put both out of my mind at the time.

Fast forward to today. I'm playing the J33 CB's with Project X 5.5 Flighted. Love the ball flight but I want something new and something I can play as I advance with age. ( Don't change irons all that often. Putters are a different story). Still love the look of the Ping S55 and the durability of that head. Love the look of the J15 CB, just have concerns with the sole. Never played anything with that wide of a sole. I'm in the Chicago area so I play on moist bent grass most of the time so that may be a plus. I love the way my J33's interact with the turf. I'm a 3 hdcp with a great iron game. Driver is holding me back (another story).

Just looking for thoughts. When I did try the KBS Tours I loved the feel but didn't care for the super high ball flight. I like Project X but I'm wondering about N.S. Pro Modus in any iteration. When I did have DG I seemed to spin the ball too much and now the heavier weight of those kind of turns me off, due to age.

My process of narrowing sets down is pretty simple and really does not cost much. If you are curious about a set, buy used, put them up against your gammers for a couple weeks, and once you are able to make a decision, sell the sell off the set you liked least. Then repeat until you find your magic sticks. Bridgestone offers a no cost test program as well, where they ship you what you would like to try out. You get to hit them for a couple weeks and then send them back when your evaluation is complete. I plan on going this route when the weathe breaks and I can test out their new driver.

Titleist TS2 10.5* Diamana LTD S+

Titleist 917f2 13.5*, 16.5*, 21* Diamana LTD S+

Titleist 818h1 23*, 25* Evenflow Blue

Bridgestone Tour B X-CBP 5-Pw KBS $Taper

Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, 60* KBS $Taper

Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

Sun Mountain H2NO Superlite Cart, 2.5+

to the earlier comment about the test drive program....yes it is really easy to go this route and extremely helpful. choose the irons you want, choose the shafts, and pay shipping. they'll send them to you and you can take them to the range and test them out. they'll send the return shipping label and you just pack them back up and drop them off for return shipping. definitely the way to go.

even for those that don't think they're interested its a good way to try out different shaft combinations in the same iron.

j15cb sole is by far the best sole or iron i've hit. looks and feels like blade but plenty of forgiveness. these irons are played on tour, so i don't think the wide sole is going to prevent anyone from shotmaking. either way, just give the test drive program a chance and see what you think yourself.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

I am not the greatest golfer in the world but after playing GI's for a while I wanted to hit blades I got the j15mb's because they are "effing" gorgeous and after testing them they felt like butter I love them

Not many have the ability to combine the words blades....effing......and butter into their first post on WRX.......You will fit right in here.

I played today for the first time in about a month. I had been playing the Srixon 945's with success. But since it was around 55* today and lack of playing, I played the J15's. Shot my best score since October. It was like putting on your favorite pair of jeans.

These irons lack for nothing. For the question about how they compare to the Ap2's. I have always said the J15's are equivalent to a forged Ping I25 iron. While the soles look larger than most cb's, they certainly don't play like they are large. They are firmly in my bag for 2016.

Wobgon, let's start planning a weekend golf trip. Anyone that is close to the area (NC) that wants to play, let us know.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I am not the greatest golfer in the world but after playing GI's for a while I wanted to hit blades I got the j15mb's because they are "effing" gorgeous and after testing them they felt like butter I love them

Not many have the ability to combine the words blades....effing......and butter into their first post on WRX.......You will fit right in here.

Lol I hope my vernacular would work here...I tend to talk like Schmidt a lot lol

There's a serious lack of online reviews for the CB. You'd think those two brits would be all over it.

What would you like to know. I've had five sets of the CB with different shafts. Happy to give you insights and review if you don't want to sort through 75 pages. Lol

Titleist TSR3 10* Diamana GT 60
Titleist TSR3 15* Diamana GT 70
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Mizuno MP 241 Dynamic Gold Mid 115 S300
Mizuno T24 Raw 50.54,58 DGTI S400
Bettinardi SS28 Tour DASS