2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

The Plight Of The Southern Golfer

Duffner's Waggle

I know this is wrong in so many ways but I couldn't help myself - do you guys wear these when you play in the South? Got to know cause were moving to Kodak, Tn next spring and I need to understand how many pairs of levis I would need to cut down - btw, have a place in Charleston, SC and have never seen any but then again Chucktown is much more urban/metro than Kodak.

jorts.jpg

LMAO.

Titleist 913 D2 Fuji F3 Motore
Titleist 913f Aldila Phenom
Titleist 913h Diamana
714 AP2 4-W PX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
Vokey SM4 56, 60
WITB Link

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is wrong in so many ways but I couldn't help myself - do you guys wear these when you play in the South? Got to know cause were moving to Kodak, Tn next spring and I need to understand how many pairs of levis I would need to cut down - btw, have a place in Charleston, SC and have never seen any but then again Chucktown is much more urban/metro than Kodak.

jorts.jpg

Bigot

[quote name='DevilDog' timestamp='1415798823' post='10433769']
About to get cold for an extended period here in the south and really too cold to play. But as the OP said, winter is rainy season for the south and the courses get really soft and play longer when you can get out to play.
[/quote]

1. Put on rain gear. 2) Move up one set of tees. 3) Problem solved.

I made a mid-December trip to Houston a few years back, and played several rounds in the cold rain. I was the only one on the course that I could see. Wimps. :taunt:

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

jorts.jpg

Lol. I've posted worse. http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1090985-lpga-keb-hanabank-championship/page__st__210 (Warning: Not for the faint of heart. May cause nausea, burning eyes, vertigo, and uncontrollable gagging)

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

"You know, I see these people putting away their Mustang convertibles, and driving their minivans all winter, but they can close their doors. When I put away my Lamborghini that has no roof, I can only drive my Bentley around and it only brings the windows up and runs a bar across the top. I'm so jealous of those people who have cars that keep them enclosed."

I have nothing to add to this thread except:

Lucky I live Hawaii. Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive!

eskimoopen18.t1.jpg

The one near us is warm not hot. You can hit in short sleeves and not worry.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

29° F today, and I was the only person who played the course all day.
It was freaking AWESOME!

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

My friend, allow me to put on my flame-retardant suit for this, but taking a break is good sometimes! Just wish it wasn't so damn long...especially with a new toy coming...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

You must not be southern enough.

Here in SW FL we play 365, winter is dry the only down side is all the snow birds that come done to enjoy this area.

I do feel sorry for anyone that has to hit it in a dome!

Callaway XR 9.5 degree
Callaway X Hot 15 degrees
NIKE VR 21 degree hybrid
Callaway Razr Tour Irons
50 degree Volkey
[url="Seemore%20Putter"]WITB Link[/url]
58 degree cleveland
52 degree Sixron

Dear Duff: Down here in the heart of Dixie, we are usually playing well into late November. Some idiot decided winter would come early this year. Today it was 34 degrees and a bit windy. My God, we are not used to this! Instead of playing 18 holes, I prepared the family an awesome pot roast. They are wallowing by the fire as I write this. Global warming? Global something! Your Mississippi Peckarwood, Shortgame85

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G410 19, 22, and 26 degree hybrids
G25 6 - UW
Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
SC Futura X 33 "

[quote name='Chicago Lefty' timestamp='1415747240' post='10431367']
Well it wouldn't be in a golf dome...it's usually pretty damn cold in the domes.
[/quote]

We need to meet up at McQs, hit a few balls in the 70 degree dome and then toast Duff and his bevy of 3Ws.

Duff, next time you visit Gram, we'll hit few.

[quote name='shortgame85' timestamp='1415846332' post='10438495']
Dear Duff: Down here in the heart of Dixie, we are usually playing well into late November. Some idiot decided winter would come early this year. Today it was 34 degrees and a bit windy. My God, we are not used to this! Instead of playing 18 holes, I prepared the family an awesome pot roast. They are wallowing by the fire as I write this. Global warming? Global something! Your Mississippi Peckarwood, Shortgame85
[/quote]

Yeah, but the low temps are short-lived. I see that it'll be 72 degrees in Biloxi on Sunday. Gee, I feel your pain.

Last winter in MI it was either too cold or too snowy to even get the sticks in the car to get to the nearest golf dome - 45 minutes to an hour in good conditions. We had so much snow that our carport collapsed on my truck. No bueno.

Now I live in Texas. I find it funny because it gets to 55º here and they put on coats and those ear flap hats to go play. I'll be playing after I get done in the shop today and will likely be the only one on the course. People ask me how we live up north, and I ask them why they think 45º is cold.

It's a different world down here.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I always laugh in the spring when sporting goods stores in Texas put the winter golf gloves on clearance. I've seen maybe one person wearing them in 10 years. I'm looking forward to our dry courses holding a little moisture for a couple months. My clubs get fresh grips tonight and I'll be out hitting again this weekend.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

[quote name='Mych' timestamp='1415887241' post='10440123']
I always laugh in the spring when sporting goods stores in Texas put the winter golf gloves on clearance. I've seen maybe one person wearing them in 10 years. I'm looking forward to our dry courses holding a little moisture for a couple months. My clubs get fresh grips tonight and I'll be out hitting again this weekend.
[/quote]

I gotta admit, it's really strange to hear someone who WANTS rain. If it rains here, its cart path only for a month!

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1415887390' post='10440133'][quote name='Mych' timestamp='1415887241' post='10440123']
[/quote]

I gotta admit, it's really strange to hear someone who WANTS rain. If it rains here, its cart path only for a month![/quote]
I wasn't asking for rain really. I was saying that for the last 6 months you basically have to play after a monsoon to take a divot on some of our courses. You walk the green looking for ball marks and realize the green is too hard for the ball to make one. They dry out by 9am. So just having it moist enough that balls hit and stop and that fairways dont play like cart paths is a nice change of pace for us.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

[attachment=2495743:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1415888197.267074.jpg]

I'll be playing later today.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

jorts.jpg

The locals wil gape (at least I hope so) and whisper, "Bless his heart!"

Killarney Golf & Fishing Club, IR.

jorts.jpg

The locals wil gape (at least I hope so) and whisper, "Bless his heart!"

Poor feller.... He obviously has "the gay"

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

Good Morning Gals & Gents :)

I'm going to be covering a potpourri of thoughts here so please bear with me :)

First, it's a stated 32°, though the "feels like" is 23° and to me, it "feels like" a hell of a lot colder than that however maybe that's that "Lake Effect" that they speak of. It's "biting" and nasty :(

Next, and let me say that the Peeps of Cleveland are Great people, salt of the earth and as hardy as they come however why, when the Brownies win a few they act as though that've just clinched the AFC birth in the frickin Super Bowl?

I know why, that was rhetorical ;)

Lastly, and this phenomenon has fascinated me since I came on the board and that is the star rating at the top of the threads. Now if someone posts a rude, nasty or inappropriate thread that doesn't rise to the level of Mod intervention, fine, you wanna go the passive aggressive(LMAO, I always thought that "passive aggressive" was an oxymoronic term cuz there is absolutely nothing aggressive about the passive ;) ) path and punch a "one star" in instead of stating such and signing off on it, ok, while I still think that's *chicken****," I've sort of accepted that the virtual world is the passive agressive's utopia. Fake Usernames, fake avatars, one button hits for insults, I get it.

However when there is a thread like this that while maybe not the material of Mensas, is fun light hearted banter, and I see 2-3 "one stars," it's like "WTF?" As I've said before, and I don't care who the author is or what the subject matter is, short of the threads that I mentioned deserving "one stars," I hit "five star." And I've hit "five star" on some guys that I don't care for and threads that did suck(this ain't one of em :) ).

Automatic, don't care, and please, believe me on the latter :)

So I'm just saying that if ya think Duff's thread sux, which a "one star" obviously denotes, why don't ya just come in and post that instead of takin the chicken**** way out?

It's like takin a shot at someone then running up on the porch behind your Momma.

Or better yet, if you feel that it's truly a "one star," why not just pass on the thread and go to another?

Now THAT would be impressive, especially considering the season we are entering :)

Ok, I'm done, and now it "feels like" 21°.

Boy does this suck ;)

Have a great day Gals & Gents :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

Later Ed: LMAO, sorry Duffster, now you're probably gonna set the record for "one stars" and it's the ultimate passive agressive action of using you to tell me that I suck, LMAO

Oh well :)

RP II

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='GolfMonster09' timestamp='1415886260' post='10440083']
Last winter in MI it was either too cold or too snowy to even get the sticks in the car to get to the nearest golf dome - 45 minutes to an hour in good conditions. We had so much snow that our carport collapsed on my truck. No bueno.

Now I live in Texas. I find it funny because it gets to 55º here and they put on coats and those ear flap hats to go play. I'll be playing after I get done in the shop today and will likely be the only one on the course. People ask me how we live up north, and I ask them why they think 45º is cold.

[/quote]

Last January I was down in Phoenix playing. I had an 8 am tee time, and the temps were probably in the low 50's. I wore shorts, a polo, and a wind vest. The vest came off at the turn. At the end of the round, I sat on the 19th hole patio to enjoy a drink, and the abundant sunshine. At this point the temps were in the mid-60's. 'Just a lovely day.

At the table next to me sat a group of locals. They were bundled in polar fleece. I nearly lost it when they waived the server over, and asked him if he could turn on the propane patio heater.

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1415892791' post='10440569']
Good Morning Gals & Gents :)

I'm going to be covering a potpourri of thoughts here so please bear with me :)

First, it's a stated 32°, though the "feels like" is 23° and to me, it "feels like" a hell of a lot colder than that however maybe that's that "Lake Effect" that they speak of. It's "biting" and nasty :(

Next, and let me say that the Peeps of Cleveland are Great people, salt of the earth and as hardy as they come however why, when the Brownies win a few they act as though that've just clinched the AFC birth in the frickin Super Bowl?

I know why, that was rhetorical ;)

Lastly, and this phenomenon has fascinated since I came on the board and that is the star rating at the top of the threads. Now if someone posts a rude, nasty or inappropriate thread that doesn't rise to the level of Mod intervention, fine, you wanna go the passive aggressive path and punch a "one star" in instead of stating such and signing off on it, ok, while I still think that's *chicken****," I've sort of accepted that the virtual world is the passive agressive's utopia. Fake Usernames, fake avatars, one button hits for insults, I get it.

However when there is a thread like this that while maybe not the material of Mensas, is fun light hearted banter, and I see 2-3 "one stars," it's like "WTF?" As I've said before, and I don't care who the author is or what the subject matter is, short of the threads that I mentioned deserving "one stars," I hit "five star."

Automatic, don't care, and please, believe me on the latter :)

So I'm just saying that if ya think Duff's thread sux, which a "one star" obviously denotes, why don't layout just come in and post that instead of takin the chicken**** way out?

It's like takin a shot at someone then running up on the porch behind your Momma.

Or better yet, if you feel that it's truly a "one star," why not just pass on the thread and go to another?

Now THAT would be impressive, especially considering the season we are entering :)

Ok, I'm done, and now it "feels like" 21°.

Boy does this suck ;)

Have a great day Gals & Gents :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard
[/quote]

Buncha professional message boarders in here, brother. I am, apparently, unworthy.

Somehow I think I'll survive =) Thanks for the vote of confidence, Richard. Few votes matter around here, but yours is certainly amongst the chosen few.

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1415892819' post='10440573']
[quote name='GolfMonster09' timestamp='1415886260' post='10440083']

[/quote]

Last January I was down in Phoenix playing. I had an 8 am tee time, and the temps were probably in the low 50's. I wore shorts, a polo, and a wind vest. The vest came off at the turn. At the end of the round, I sat on the 19th hole patio to enjoy a drink, and the abundant sunshine. At this point the temps were in the mid-60's. 'Just a lovely day.

At the table next to me sat a group of locals. They were bundled in polar fleece. I nearly lost it when they waived the server over, and asked him if he could turn on the propane patio heater.
[/quote]

It's all relative. I've already adjusted to the 20 degree temps here in Chicago (and the nice flurries today yippeee with our first actual snow coming up Saturday night.) But I remember those couple of 50 degree days back in early September were a shock to the system and felt much colder - the old thing of a day in the 40s in early Fall feels colder than the same day does in late February. If you are use to days in the 90s/100s then 60 is a bit of a shock. Lived in San Diego over one winter and folks there were freaking out when the temps were to drop into the low 40s/upper 30s over night.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified