2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

I live in Chicago but have clients in Houston and can make arrangements to be there on any of the of the following days:

Dec. 4
Dec. 5
Dec. 11
Dec. 12[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?......[b]Titleist 913 D3, Diamana Kali 72 stiff[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?.....[b]I want to see how the technology stacks up again my current Titleist Driver[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap?..........[b]1[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?....[b]righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?.......[b]no[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?.....[b]absolutely![/b]
[/list]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a chance to be fitted in Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)

-What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Titleist 913 D2 with a Fujikura f3 Motore[/b]
-Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]My game changed DRAMATICALLY when I was fit for my 913 D2. I can only imagine how much better the 915 driver is this time around. I would also do a great job of participating in and writing a detailed review thread and answering questions from other WRXers who are interested in the 915 Drivers [/b]
-Your current Handicap? [b]3[/b]
-Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
-Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Yes, by Jim Phenecie, at Royal Oaks in Houston, TX in the fall of 2012[/b]
-If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]I would be honored to do so[/b]

Titleist 913 D2 Fuji F3 Motore
Titleist 913f Aldila Phenom
Titleist 913h Diamana
714 AP2 4-W PX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
Vokey SM4 56, 60
WITB Link

I live near Burbank Ca and would love to attend the december 3rd fitting. I would be available for any of the West Region Fitting Locations.

Current Driver is Ping G15 with Aldila RIP Phenom x-stiff 73 gram.

Ive been thinking of switching to a Titleist driver as my miss tends to be a bit low on the face and I hear thats decent place to miss on the 910 and 913.

Currently I am a Right Handed, 7.3 handicap.

I was professionally fit for my current Ping driver.

I would be excited to contribute continually to the 915 thread.

East Region
Jacksonville, Fla (Friday Dec 5)

Current Driver:
Ping Anser 9.5 diamana d+ stiff cut to 44.5" D5 SW

Why do you want to try and test the titleist 915 driver:
Waited 2 years and I'm going to buy a new driver for myself on my birthday (Dec 17) either way, would like to be professionally fitted by titleist, interested in lower spin and ping and titleist are only brands I own in my bag.

Your Current Handicap:

Are you righty or lefty:
Righty

Have You ever been professionally fit for a driver:
No

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give review and feedback on the club?
Yes, I would actually love to do so

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

My current driver is none! It was stolen about 2 weeks ago. I'm borrowing a friends SLDR 430.
I don't have a driver at the moment and I'm playing a TM driver. I hate TM! But you gotta do what you gotta do.
My handicap is a 0.2.
I'm a righty.
I was professionally fit for the driver that was stolen, which was a Titleist 913 with a Motore Speeder 7.2 shaft.
Absolutely!
I can go to the Palos Verdes fitting on DEc. 10th.
Thanks for the opportunity!!!

WEST region in Valencia
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [i]BB Alpha with Fubuki ZT stiff[/i]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [i] Tried the 915s briefly in the sim, got surprisingly good results with both drivers in stock setup and I'm curious at to how much better things could get with a full fitting. My golf season usually picks up during the holidays, so this is a great time for an improved weapon. [/i]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [i]No official one, probably 20 given how little I've been able to play in the last month.[/i]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [i]Righty[/i]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [i]Yes[/i]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [i]Of course[/i]
[/list]

EAST Region, Jacksonville, I'm available on all dates.

What is your current driver / shaft combination?
Titleist 913 D3 8.5* w/Titleist Ahina 72X tipped 1/2"

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
I'm a Titleist loyalist, but early reviews indicate the 915 driver is a bit disappointing. My hope is that getting fit by Titleist would remove any question of a poor fitting so that everyone can get a better idea of how the 915 performs compared to the 913.

Your Current Handicap?

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
I was fit for a 910 D3 at Edwin Watts, and my current 913 D3 was simply a head upgrade.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
Absolutely!

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[/list]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

I live in Houston so I would be available for any of the Midwest dates:[list]
[/list][list]
[list]
[*]I currently use a Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme, 9.5 degree loft, with a stiff Aldila Trinity Green graphite shaft.
[/list][*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[list]
[*]I have seen tremendous reviews for this driver and have always had good luck with Titleist equipment, plus, I'm in the market for a new driver anyway!
[/list][*]Your Current Handicap?
[list]
[*]7
[/list][*]Are you righty or lefty?
[list]
[*]Righty
[/list][*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[list]
[*]No, I have never been professionally fit for a driver.
[/list][*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[list]
[*]I would be more than happy to participate. The review threads are some of my favorite threads on here!
[/list]
[/list]

I can do Houston or Jacksonville between 12/3-12/7

Covert Tour 2.0
Project X LZ stiff 60

I played Kapalua with a rental set of 913 woods. Loved the driver with 70 gram whiteboard stiff. It launched a little high at 9.5 but I loved it.

Your Current Handicap?

Are you righty or lefty?

Righty

Yes.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?

Yes I would love to participate!

[b][color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][/b][list]
[/list]
[b]What is your current driver / shaft combination?[/b]

Callaway Razr Fit, 11.5, UST Attas 3

[b]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]

I have played the same driver for four seasons. NOTHING has been able to beat it out, and frankly, I think I'm missing something regardless of the new offerings from every OEM. I'm also a high handicapper and will admit it. I need forgiveness and distance. I have been anti-Titleist for years following a bad experience from a rep in Virginia. I'd love to finally give them a try to see if the hype is warranted and why so many folks are playing them. And I'm actually excited to try a Titleist product for the first time. Ever.

[b]Your Current Handicap?[/b]

[b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b]

Righty

[b]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[/b]

Yes

[b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[/b]

Absolutely!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Great opportunity! I could do Houston on any of those days.[list]
[*][b]What is your current driver / shaft combination?[/b]
[*]Titleist 909 D2 9.5 with Oban Devotion 7, 05 flex
[*][b]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]
[*]I've never been professionally fit before and the 915 looks great!
[*][b]Your Current Handicap?[/b]
[*]Couple months off due to house move but 10 before that
[*][b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b]
[*]Righty
[*][b]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[/b]
[*]Nope
[*][b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[/b]
[*]Absolutely, would love to give feedback to the Wrx community!
[/list]

My current driver is a 910D2, 9.5* Aldila Tour Green S shaft
I was not a fan of the 913 but from the 2 times I've tried the 915, I'm ready to give it a run
Handicap is 7.1
Right handed
Professionally fit for my 714 AP2's and SM5 wedges but never for a driver
Ready, Willing and Able to participate and report regularly how the club is performing.
Midwest Region. I'm in Houston and can do 12/12 or 13th

Thanks for the opportunity

[color=#282828]MidWest Region -[b] I have a flexible schedule and this is only a few hours away. I also have a place to stay so I could be there for any of these days.[/b][/color][list]
[/list][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? - Titleist 913D2 10.5 C1 setting - [b]Graphite Design MT-6S tipped 1" @ 45.25"[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]Because the 913 D2 is the best driver I have ever played. The distance and forgiveness is awesome. However when I really go at it I spin it just a bit too much; so in going to the 915D2 I believe it would slightly lower the spin based on what I have read.[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]6.1[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]RH[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Yes[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Absolutely, love this stuff.[/b]
[/list]

MidWest Region
Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Adams Speedline 9064LS with Aldila RIP gama Stiff
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Have always wanted a Titleist Driver and love the professional reviews that I've seen with it
[*]Your Current Handicap? 15
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Nope, really need to though
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes, the least I could do if selected
[/list]

I'd absolutely love to be a part of this! I'm from Kansas City, MO but I'll be more than willing to drive down to Houston.

[b]Region[/b]
MidWest

[b]Location[/b]
Houston, TX

[b]Date[/b]
Dec. 6 would be preferable but I could travel if necessary on Dec. 4 or Dec. 5

[b]Current driver/shaft combo[/b]
Callaway X2 Hot Pro / Aldila’s Tour Green 65; stiff flex

[b]Why do I want to try/test 915[/b]
I've been thinking about switching my entire bag to Titleist and this would be a great opportunity to see exactly what driver would work well for my game. The "fitting" I had for the X2 Hot was pretty poor, so I'm excited for the opportunity to be professionally fit for a high performance driver like the 915.

[b]Current Handicap[/b]

[b]Righty/Lefty[/b]
Righty

[b]Ever been professionally fit for a driver?[/b]
Golfsmith employee showed me how to use the launch monitor when getting setup with the X2 Hot, but was hands off after that. So I'll say no.

[b]Participate in an ongoing review thread?[/b]
Abso-freakin'-lutely! I have an active blog and am very active on social media (twitter, facebook, instagram) so this would be easy for me to accomplish.

Look forward to working with you all!

Would prefer Jacksonville on Sat. Dec 6th but am flexible
[list]
[*][b]Ping G25 9.5* set at 10* Graphite Design AD DI 6x 44.75"Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]
[*][b]Honestly, because I've read mixed reviews and had a poor experience hitting them myself in testing, so I'd like to see what Titleist can do with a custom fitting related to this driver. [/b]
[*][b]+2[/b]
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*][b]No I have not[/b]
[*][b]Absolutely, would look forward to it. [/b]
[/list]

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Midwest Region (Houston, TX), December 13, 2014

Currently play a 913D3 9.5* with a Fujikura Rombax 7z08
Always have loved the feel and playability of Titleist drivers and am very interested in the next level of technology.
+2.2
Right Hand
I have been professionally fit by local clubs pros.
I agree to your terms and conditions.

Thanks

SLDR 430 9* whiteboard 63 x-flex
I've been a Titleist brand player for ever until SLDR proved to be better than both my 913 D3&D2 and would like to switch back.
Your Current Handicap?
Are you righty or lefty?
Right (however some days I question if I am actually lefty. Haha)
Yes. Current driver
100% yes.

I can attend any of the Jacksonville dates.

I would love to Andrew if it was only closer to NJ. Thanks for the opportunity.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3, 5Wood Ventus Black TR 7S

Titleist T200U 2 and 3 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 4-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Super Select NP (ordered)

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

I would like to participate in the EAST Region, Jacksonville, FL location on Friday, December 5th.

-My current driver is the 909 D2 with a Diamana Blue S65 shaft
-I've always loved the Titleist look, current model is my third but I need to upgrade since my swing speed isn't as fast as before.
-Current Handicap is +1.8
-I am right-handed
-I "self-fitted" my current model based on the Titleist guidelines years ago
-Yes, I would love to continue to review the product and post about my experience and the results of the new driver

[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? - Ping G30 fujikura pro 63s
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Would like to try the new technology in this driver and the various shaft options.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 11.2
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely.
[/list]

I would like to participate in the Jacksonville fitting on Dec 6. My current driver is a Callaway big berths alpha with an fujikara speeder 757 x flex. My handicap is a 2. I have been fit once before for a driver. I am right handed. I would be excited to give my review on the new titleist line, as I am am avid golfer and love new technology. Thanks for the opportunity.

Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014) or Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2104) since I am stationed at Fort Bliss, TX in El Paso, TX.

What is your current driver / shaft combination? 45" Taylor Made R1, UST VTS Black 75x

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I am in search of a new driver since my R11/Matrix F7M2 broke. I have tried the 913D3 8.5*/Whiteboard 72X and it is a great club, but I can't find one for my preferred price. Everybody selling this combo knows what they have and prices it for a hefty pricetag. With the gains in the 915D3 over the 913D3 model, I would really like to get fit professionally for a driver that will help me improve my game and give me confidence in hitting a driver again.

Your Current Handicap? 0.6

Are you righty or lefty? Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? I would participate and provide lots of photos and review input.

Midwest, Houston TX, Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014 (or Dec. 12th!)

My current combo is a Ping G20 9.5 (10 actual) with a USTMamiya VTS Silver 7X

I have been playing Ping for a number of years, but I am insanely curious about the new 915 lineup, especially since I'm currently set up for a launch profile that doesn't suit Texas golf as well. The adjustability factor would also be invaluable to me.

Handicap: +1.2

Righty

Past experience: I have been professionally fit before.

Obviously I agree to share my thoughts! Just got a new camera too, and am more than happy to post way too many photos.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Ping G430 LST - Ventus Black TR 6X

Taylormade Brnr Mini - Ventus Red TR 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 5 - Ventus Red TR 8X

Callaway UT 21*, Ventus Black 9TX

Callaway UT 24*, Ventus Black 9TX
Ping i210 5-W - $ Taper 130X

Taylormade MG4 - 50SB, 56SB, 60TW - MMT 125TX
Ping PLD Tyne

East
Jacksonville, Fl
Friday December 5, may could work out other dates if need be.

Current Set-up: Titleist 913 D2 - Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Why? I am curious how much distance will be gained thorough the active recoil channel
Handicap: 12.1
Hand: Right
Professional Fitted: Yes
I agree to do everything asked of me though this experience.

I'd love to test and review the new titleist 915 driver.

Houston on Dec. 13th would work great.

I currently play a 9.5 Ping G25 with a TFC Tour X Shaft in stiff flex.

I'd live to try and test the new 915 because every other time I've tried a Titleist product I've seem how quality of a product it is compared to other brands.

My current handicap would be around 20

I'm right handed.

If call hitting balls on their launch monitor and using those results as being professionally fit , then yes, if not, then I haven't been professionally fit.

Is enjoy participating in the review.

[*][b]Titleist 910 D2 8.5 stiff Ahina shaft[/b]
[*][b]It's the brand I've been playing since the 983K[/b]
[*][b]3.5[/b]
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*][b]No[/b]
[*][b]Would love to[/b]
[/list]
[b]Jacksonville on Dec 4th[/b]

[b]Steve Brooks[/b]